Saints Transfers Thread - Deadline Day

Saint Charlie

So 65K basic and 130K with bonuses that's much better

plus this little gem

Bournemouth are also offering Chelsea’s John Terry £100,000-a-week as they look to add experience to their squad ahead of their third Premier League campaign.

So how do a club with a 11,464 capacity stadium and 2 million a year shirt sponsor find the money to start throwing those sort of wages about?

An incredibly rich benefactor, a squad on relative peanuts wages and a ridiculously large amount of tv money just like every other prem side. Not sure we should throw any stones, check our wage bill, there are some monster pay packets in there.

plus this little gem

Bournemouth are also offering Chelsea’s John Terry £100,000-a-week as they look to add experience to their squad ahead of their third Premier League campaign.

So how do a club with a 11,464 capacity stadium and 2 million a year shirt sponsor find the money to start throwing those sort of wages about?

Because they're following the Skate play book. Howe is even turning into Twitchy with his 'triffic signings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An incredibly rich benefactor, a squad on relative peanuts wages and a ridiculously large amount of tv money just like every other prem side. Not sure we should throw any stones, check our wage bill, there are some monster pay packets in there.

yeah but we have a 32,000 stadium and £7 million pound sponsor deal and our highest earner is I believe Forster on 90k a week. Spurs only pay Kane a 100K a week so I still don't see how Bournemouth can throw 165-230k in wages at two player (assuming they both sign) surely FFP means they should be paying much smaller wages.

yeah but we have a 32,000 stadium and £7 million pound sponsor deal and our highest earner is I believe Forster on 90k a week. Spurs only pay Kane a 100K a week so I still don't see how Bournemouth can throw 165-230k in wages at two player (assuming they both sign) surely FFP means they should be paying much smaller wages.

No squad depth. It's what we should do now that we're not playing Europa next season. Quality over quantity.

Yeh, but will they nett in?

See what you did there - very good! We have the quality (if we don't lose the key players and add 2 to 3 better than we have now - i.e. starters), it's the style and tactics that let's us down so badly.

See what you did there - very good! We have the quality (if we don't lose the key players and add 2 to 3 better than we have now - i.e. starters), it's the style and tactics that let's us down so badly.

Arguable. I think we have a few areas we could strengthen. Most of all we need Wingers and CM's that score goals. Even under Koeman/Poch they didn't with the exception of Mane.

These are the stats for goals in their Saints Premier league careers:

Tadic 14 goals in 98 PL games

Davis 9 goals in 161 PL games

JWP 7 goals in 137 PL games

Long 18 goals in 89 PL games

JRod 26 goals in 104 PL games

We sold our prolific scorers in Mane/Pelle and were left with the above as our best XI for most of the season. Puel isn't a miracle worker, under Koeman/Poch these guys were just as bad. Then add Redmond into the mix who only scored 11 in 112 games for Norwich (43 of which were Championship so should've been easier). Our squad this year was garbage compared to previous years, plain and simple.

We could find a keeper better than Forster

CB better than Yoshida/Stephens(whichever is 2nd to VVD)

CM(s) better than JWP/Davis/Clasie/Hojbjerg (aka CM's that can play quickly and score goals)

Winger that can score goals (maybe Boufal/Redmond will come good)

Only positions we're strong enough at are the fullbacks, DM and striker.

Not even the top clubs have CM that score a lot of goals. Hamsik and Nainggolan are the only ones to have got into double figures with 11.

Highest scoring midfielders for saints, spurs, chelsea, atletico, bayern and barcelona:

Ward-Prowse - 4

Wanyama - 4

Fàbregas - 5

Casemiro - 4

Koke/Saúl - 4

Thiago/Kimmich - 6

Rakitic - 8

For the top clubs it is the 3 most attacking starting players and the first choice attacking backup that score the vast majority of their goals. Ours simply don't score enough and that is where we should be looking at to get more goals, not midfield. Tadic with his pathetic 2 goals from open play in 3107 minutes, Long, Rodriguez, Redmond and Boufal, our poor goalscoring is almost entirely their fault.

Arguable. I think we have a few areas we could strengthen. Most of all we need Wingers and CM's that score goals. Even under Koeman/Poch they didn't with the exception of Mane.

These are the stats for goals in their Saints Premier league careers:

Tadic 14 goals in 98 PL games

Davis 9 goals in 161 PL games

JWP 7 goals in 137 PL games

Long 18 goals in 89 PL games

JRod 26 goals in 104 PL games

We sold our prolific scorers in Mane/Pelle and were left with the above as our best XI for most of the season. Puel isn't a miracle worker, under Koeman/Poch these guys were just as bad. Then add Redmond into the mix who only scored 11 in 112 games for Norwich (43 of which were Championship so should've been easier). Our squad this year was garbage compared to previous years, plain and simple.

We could find a keeper better than Forster

CB better than Yoshida/Stephens(whichever is 2nd to VVD)

CM(s) better than JWP/Davis/Clasie/Hojbjerg (aka CM's that can play quickly and score goals)

Winger that can score goals (maybe Boufal/Redmond will come good)

Only positions we're strong enough at are the fullbacks, DM and striker.

Except it looks like both are fullbacks are leaving, we only have one DM in Romeu if he gets injured we're screwed, and we only have one striker really up to the task in Gabbi (Austin is ok but painful slow for the way we have tried to play this season). Squad needs a big overhaul this summer but probably won't get it.

Very highly rated.

How did Bertrand Traore play tonight?

Very well until the penalty area where he was isolated and doing a lot on his own, but can certainly beat a player or 3 and very quick, definitely caught the eye. As mentioned, Sanchez was fantastic, for anyone that didn't watch it Lingard was through on goal and Sanchez just came out of nowhere and swept up, must've made up a good 10 yards on Lingard who was fresh legged after just coming on. De Ligt also looked very good and powerful despite his size.

plus this little gem

Plus Afobe, Arter, Ibe, Mings, Boruc etc.

Don't say anything to their fans as they're "good little Bournemouth".

Nice club that's just become slimy and arrogant like their manager.

Not even the top clubs have CM that score a lot of goals. Hamsik and Nainggolan are the only ones to have got into double figures with 11.

Highest scoring midfielders for saints, spurs, chelsea, atletico, bayern and barcelona:

Ward-Prowse - 4

Wanyama - 4 - What about Alli (22) or Eriksen with (12)?

Fàbregas - 5 - Hazard (17) Willian (12)

Casemiro - 4

Koke/Saúl - 4

Thiago/Kimmich - 6

Rakitic - 8

For the top clubs it is the 3 most attacking starting players and the first choice attacking backup that score the vast majority of their goals. Ours simply don't score enough and that is where we should be looking at to get more goals, not midfield. Tadic with his pathetic 2 goals from open play in 3107 minutes, Long, Rodriguez, Redmond and Boufal, our poor goalscoring is almost entirely their fault.

Cant be bothered to do the others. Redmond got 8 but played upfront sometimes. I'm guessing you're referring only to players who play as deep lying midfielders? If so, Ward-Prowse probably doesnt even fit in there.

Man City signing the superb Bernardo Silva from Monaco. Cripes, their attacking options next season are going to be unreal.

If only they could cobble together a half-decent defence...

I repeat, I think Patrick Roberts would be a good, Saintsy signing - he's just going to drop further and further down the City pecking order.

Man City signing the superb Bernardo Silva from Monaco. Cripes, their attacking options next season are going to be unreal.

I repeat, I think Patrick Roberts would be a good, Saintsy signing - he's just going to drop further and further down the City pecking order.

I believe he is going to be at the England U21 group with JWP and Redmond, so hope they get chatting over croissants about how good life is at Saints. :)

I endorse that. I mentioned him before.

so are we competing with West ham for everyone this summer?

£43 million..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40061812

Caceres to Leicester. We're idiots to let him go with VVD almost certainly off and a ready made CB actually in our grasp. Ludicrous.

Clutching at some big ****ing straws but maybe where happy to let Caceres go because we have no intention of letting VVD leave...

Clutching at some big ****ing straws but maybe where happy to let Caceres go because we have no intention of letting VVD leave...

Or we have completely clueless management that does not learn from the Fonte shambles