Saints 0 Hull 0 - Match & Reactions Thread

St Chalet

I get the sense that we need a Shane Long, someone more direct willing to hit them on the break I dare say. Tadic, Boufal and Redmond are all slowing us down by playing "too safe" Gabidianni has had barely any balls into feet, Cedric seems too scared to cross today, and Redmond is at least defending but our shape is terrible and we don't look arsed.

Prediction for next 6 months

May 2017 limping finish to 13th

June 2017 Bertrand, van dijk, Soares not for sale

July 2017 Bertrand, van dijk, Soares sold for 85m in total for offers that 'is a fair reflection of the players market value' and will enable us to reinvest and 'continue to progress and improve the squad'

Aug 2017 Bigged up substandard replacements brought in for 50m

Dec 2017 the 'Give Claude time and he'll get it right' fascinators have had their time as has Puel. Player status will look disinterested and the style of play still incredibly boring. Saints 18th in Prem, Puel leaves.

Meh, guess we'll see. Can't see Saints getting better in time as many others predict

another boring, unimaginative, dull period of home football from Puel and saints...

is this really the future???

5th worst home record in the country and only Boro have scored less home goals....terrible

Come on now. We've gained a point on West Brom.

That's good enough, surely.

yawn

Rubbish

Puel was brave to name all of those attacking players but none of them have delivered at all

I'd get Boufal off, put Hojbjerg on, try and regain possession in the middle and work from there.

Thankfully, Hull haven't been much better

Just to be clear, you aren't attaching any blame to Puel for picking an unbalanced side that is allowing Hull too much time on the ball? Team selection and shape is all wrong, nothing to do with the players. That's the manager's decision and IMO he's got it wrong so far.

Just to be clear, you aren't attaching any blame to Puel for picking an unbalanced side that is allowing Hull too much time on the ball? Team selection and shape is all wrong, nothing to do with the players. That's the manager's decision and IMO he's got it wrong so far.

of course it is down to the players too. Just worried how puel can't get a tune out many of them on a consistent basis

I said it in the pre-match thread that it was brave of Puel to name all of those attacking players, and that personally I'd have put another CM in there

I blame the players myself. Half of them look like they're on the beach already

Puel was out of his seat for most of the half, so you can tell he isn't pleased at all.

To me it's not lack of effort, we've just not got any bite in midfield to win the ball back. We saw against Bournemouth that a front three of Boufal, Redmond and Tadic means we get overrun in midfield. It's happening again today which suggests the tactics are wrong.

To me it's not lack of effort, we've just not got any bite in midfield to win the ball back. We saw against Bournemouth that a front three of Boufal, Redmond and Tadic means we get overrun in midfield. It's happening again today which suggests the tactics are wrong.

I think there is a lack of effort, or rather, Hull want it more than us. But I agree, we need an extra CM in there.

A team fighting for their lives always are likely to mak it hard for a club in mid table. Hull have improved greatly in the last month or so and not a pushover for anyone.

how come they have 1 point from 15 away games before this?

have they not been making it hard for other teams before today?