• Green

0 0%
  • Independant

0 0%
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,050 of 2584

Thread: General Election 2019 - Post Match Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I meant the smug, the self-satisfied, the woke, the Marxist, the reactionary, the envious and the identity politics brigade. The list goes on.
    are you still trying to keep the pretence that you are open to persuasion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    The disabled, poor, vulnerable, homeless, sick, NHS workers, the list goes on.
    Crikey, all those people are Labour voters? you didn't you put workshy btw

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whelk View Post
    are you still trying to keep the pretence that you are open to persuasion?
    Eh? I'm voting Conservative I would have thought that was obvious.

Have to laugh at the overexcitable lefties on twitter creaming their pants about HUGE polling queues full of young people. A) The real world are at work b) they’re mainly posting from labour strongholds where any extra votes will mean absolutely nothing.

Eh? I'm voting Conservative I would have thought that was obvious.
    I think that is obvious but from your comments generally I can not imagine you ever liked contributing to have a kinder fairer society so are quite hard core Tory.
    Not saying a vote for Corbyn gets that btw

I may have been mistaken and it wasn’t you

6. Default

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think that is obvious but from your comments generally I can not imagine you ever liked contributing to have a kinder fairer society so are quite hard core Tory.
    Not saying a vote for Corbyn gets that btw

I may have been mistaken and it wasn’t you
    I've only ever voted Conservative twice before in my life. I'm certainly not a hardcore Tory. I definitely don't think everyone not voting for Corbyn means they don't want a society that is kinder or fairer.
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 12-12-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Blog Entries

I've only ever voted Conservative twice before in my life. I'm certainly not a hardcore Tory. I definitely don't think everyone not voting for Corbyn means they don't want a society that is kinder or fairer.
    Did you vote in 2010, 2015 or 2017? I assume you were too young to vote in the 80s and 92.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

yeah my primary concern is what others outside of the UK may think.
    That’s good Whelk, it will take your mind off the years of depression to come

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Did you vote in 2010, 2015 or 2017? I assume you were too young to vote in the 80s and 92.
    Yes from memory I think I voted lib dem in 2010.

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post

That’s actually very funny Duckie. Thanks for the laugh.

Blog Entries

I've done my part. I got three people to vote this morning who weren't going to.
    Good job hypo! The more voters who stand up against our anti semetic far left opposition the better!

Sadly, even if Corbyn loses this GE, the stranglehold momentum have over Labour means they have no place as a centre ground (or even centre left) opposition. I truly hope we don't wake up tomorrow to a Labour / SNP coalition government. The UK will be in serious trouble if that happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    Good job hypo! The more voters who stand up against our anti semetic far left opposition the better!

Sadly, even if Corbyn loses this GE, the stranglehold momentum have over Labour means they have no place as a centre ground (or even centre left) opposition. I truly hope we don't wake up tomorrow to a Labour / SNP coalition government. The UK will be in serious trouble if that happens.
    Some people think they wouldn't be able to do much damage in five years. I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post

If you think we will not be in serious trouble if we wake up with Johnson as PM with a working majority tomorrow you really haven’t been paying attention over the last decade.

https://ukupdates.co.uk/diane-abbott...he-wrong-feet/

Dear me, imagine if she was home secretary

5 metres outside the detailed bit on Google Earth

To be fair, i would say you have probably been the most vocal person on this thread and most of your posts are trying to encourage people to vote Tory. Whatever you've been before, you're certainly one of those banging the drum loudest for the conservatives now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by norwaysaint View Post
    To be fair, i would say you have probably been the most vocal person on this thread and most of your posts are trying to encourage people to vote Tory. Whatever you've been before, you're certainly one of those banging the drum loudest for the conservatives now.
    Absolutely. I want people to vote for the conservatives at this election or at least not for Corbyn. I've hardly tried to hide that but I'm not a Conservative supporter in the sense that I'll necessarily vote for them at the next election.

I voted Greens in 2001, Lib Dems in 2005 and I’m not sure in 2010, although I do remember being amused at the rudimentary village-hall nature of the process.

I once voted Plaid Cymru in a local election whilst living in Wales.

20. Default

Random thought that just popped into my head.... Anyone know what's happened to Verbal? Hasn't posted since April.

Since I started to take a genuine interest in politics around the time that Blair stepped down and actually bothered to go and vote, I have floated between Lib-Dems, Green and Labour.

I usually vote Green in local council elections, as the current Labour council in Sheffield has acted appallingly in recent years, especially in the way it has dealt with the tree protests. I also voted Green in the EU elections in May, and helped to get our former mayor Magid elected thanks to proportional voting.

I now live in a safe Labour stronghold, so a vote for anyone else in a GE under our ridiculous FPTP system is completely wasted.

Random prediction Tory majority of 24 (BUGGER) Anyone else want to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Winnersaint View Post
    I initially thought that the Tory's will get 340-350 seats. Now I believe it will be 365+

Quote Originally Posted by warsash saint View Post
    Will make little difference to Brexit - hung Parliment so again no decisions can be made.

Referendum is the ONLY way out of this mess!
    We already had a referendum and politicians ignoring it is the reason for the mess.

Tory majority 70+

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Random thought that just popped into my head.... Anyone know what's happened to Verbal? Hasn't posted since April.
    Probably been sectioned. Or blown up by a “Brexit jihadist”

In the concourse, complaining about the concourse

Turns out we can "spoil" our ballot paper, not "soil" it, as I was lead to believe.
    Last edited by Manuel; 12-12-2019 at 04:07 PM.

This is my sixteenth General Election and over the decades I have seen both main parties take it in turns to run the country. There has even been a coalition for a few years. The end result? Britain has prospered. True, like watching the Saints, there has been some tough times but overall there has been a massive improvement in just about everything (maybe not in education but that is more due to teaching methods than politics). Therefore I’m not too worried about who wins or losses today. Whoever comes in will mess some things up but will get a few things right and in a few years time we will do it all again. Hopefully I shall still be around for my seventeenth.

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    https://ukupdates.co.uk/diane-abbott...he-wrong-feet/

Dear me, imagine if she was home secretary
    Nailed on for Minister of Silly Walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Turns out we can "spoil" our ballot paper, not "soil" it, as I was lead to believe.
    There isn't much privacy in the booths either

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsland Codger View Post
    This is my sixteenth General Election and over the decades I have seen both main parties take it in turns to run the country. There has even been a coalition for a few years. The end result? Britain has prospered. True, like watching the Saints, there has been some tough times but overall there has been a massive improvement in just about everything (maybe not in education but that is more due to teaching methods than politics). Therefore I’m not too worried about who wins or losses today. Whoever comes in will mess some things up but will get a few things right and in a few years time we will do it all again. Hopefully I shall still be around for my seventeenth.
    I agree with most of this, but all too often we’re too busy feeding hungry children or finding their family housing for the evening to actually worry about teaching them!

Hoping for a hung parliament but I expect it will be a Tory majority of about 15.

Dark days ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsland Codger View Post
    (maybe not in education but that is more due to teaching methods than politics).
    No, it is everything to do with politics. Only the NHS comes close to the level of incompetent meddling by ministers who really should leave well alone.

Quote Originally Posted by aintforever View Post
    Hoping for a hung parliament but I expect it will be a Tory majority of about 15.

Dark days ahead
    That's the way I reckon it.

35. Default

Tory majority 8

I'll go with a Tory majority of 22.

Tory majority in single digits or a hung parliament. I think it’ll be closer then many people think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    Tory majority in single digits or a hung parliament. I think it’ll be closer then many people think.
    Agreed.

tory by 15

The latest odds are looking very interesting.

41. Default

Boris by 35.

Quote Originally Posted by LGTL View Post
    The latest odds are looking very interesting.
    Wouldn’t pay much attention to odds, they move based on money placed rather than inside info.

I think it’ll be close but a single digit con majority.

My polling station was ever so quiet when I was in to vote, albeit it was only just coming up to 5 o’clock. Hopefully it’s not a sign of a low turnout.

43. Default

Hung Parliament (Tory largest party)

Brexit referendum in the Spring (BJ Deal vs Remain)

Remain wins referendum (Trousers digs out forum post from 3 years ago declaring that Brexit would never happen)

Johnson resigns as PM

Another General Election in the summer

Lottery numbers: 2, 17, 28, 34, 47, 52

Hung parliament with labour majority. My gut feel.

Possibly the single worse thing to happen to this country since the blitz.

45. Default

Blog Entries

Absolutely. I want people to vote for the conservatives at this election or at least not for Corbyn. I've hardly tried to hide that but I'm not a Conservative supporter in the sense that I'll necessarily vote for them at the next election.
    It's exactly this. For me there is no contest. There will be no recovery for a generation if corbyn gets in. The far left have zero place in government, I'm urging everyone I know to vote tactically and limit labour's power in parliment. Badly need someone else to step up as an electable opposition next term however, and this current labour party need to swiftly dissappear over the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Happened on the Euro too, might be US related news, not UK biased.

48. Default

Just got back from voting. My daughter-in-law is one of the bods checking polling cards. She’s only done 2 elections, this one & Europeans, but the other 2 bods have been doing it for years. Had a quick chat with her & she claimed they told her they were amazed at the turnout. Nearly as big as the referendum, in their opinion. It’s one polling station in a absolutely nailed on Tory safe seat, but I found that interesting. Gave me more confidence that the people are turning out to drain the swamp. Couldn’t chat too long as a Labour supporter was looking after my dog and I was worried he’d give him away to some homeless tramp.

Anyway, in the duckhunter household it’s a Tory whitewash , as me & my lad voted sensibly. My daughter, “couldn’t be arsed” (her words), so that’s one leftie less, and the snap dragon is asleep in the chair, so unless I wake her up, it’s another lost leftie vote. ......

https://twitter.com/AndrewMarr9/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

it’s the hope that kills you. Would be hilarious though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    Anyway, in the duckhunter household it’s a Tory whitewash , as me & my lad voted sensibly. My daughter, “couldn’t be arsed” (her words), so that’s one leftie less, and the snap dragon is asleep in the chair, so unless I wake her up, it’s another lost leftie vote. ......
    If, as you claim, it is a 'nailed on Tory seat', then as 'lefties' their votes are pretty much pointless anyway.