People who has proved themselves to be utter s**thouses over the past few weeks...

Bananaman

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry
Reminded me of the initial reactions of some of the older lot on here. Difference is they've stayed quiet now as the facts have become clearer. You have to be a special kind of thick to persist with this line after you've been told repeatedly what's going to happen if you continue being cavalier about going out etc.

Me too...utter helmet. On the flip side I've developed a bit of respect for Piers Morgan.

A lot of what he says is actually true, he just goes about it all wrong. He was a **** yesterday when Matt Hancock was in, he’s ask a question and within seconds be talking over him.

A lot of what he says is actually true, he just goes about it all wrong. He was a **** yesterday when Matt Hancock was in, he’s ask a question and within seconds be talking over him.
Whilst that is true, I'm not sure it's the smartest move having someone like Hancock doing the rounds in the press. He always strikes me as someone who looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't exude confidence and authority in the way that someone like gove and especially sunak has done recently. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but the messaging is key here and he's not up to it.

Whilst that is true, I'm not sure it's the smartest move having someone like Hancock doing the rounds in the press. He always strikes me as someone who looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and doesn't exude confidence and authority in the way that someone like gove and especially sunak has done recently. I'm sure he's a nice bloke but the messaging is key here and he's not up to it.

Agree with that. He looks constantly surprised, borderline scared. Inspires no confidence imo.

Has he said it how it is? In reality no one really knows until we see death tolls.

Cross purposes I think mate - I'm referring the blunt and honest nature of his condemning the behaviour of people. Nowt to do with numbers, policy, anything like that.

Cross purposes I think mate - I'm referring the blunt and honest nature of his condemning the behaviour of people. Nowt to do with numbers, policy, anything like that.

Yes, caught him on Good Morning Britain and found myself nodding along to him. I then went to scrub myself clean until I was raw.

Not virus related by this guy deserves all he gets.

Obnoxious fcker for obnoxious team

James McClean: Irish footballer fined for balaclava 'children's history lesson' post http://news.sky.com/story/james-mcclean-irish-footballer-fined-for-balaclava-childrens-history-lesson-post-11964664

How this **** continues to walk freely around the streets of England is remarkable, particularly considering the locals of where he's currently calling 'home'.

Not virus related by this guy deserves all he gets.

Obnoxious fcker for obnoxious team

James McClean: Irish footballer fined for balaclava 'children's history lesson' post http://news.sky.com/story/james-mcclean-irish-footballer-fined-for-balaclava-childrens-history-lesson-post-11964664

Yet he's the 'victim' when he gets abuse, and the Authorities try to stamp it out. Deserves all the abuse he gets.

Toby Young - although him being a ****house is not new. Arguing for eugenics is pretty revolting though and even most of his online buddies are running a mile. Suspect Boris will drop him like hot spud once the dust has settled and the latter is back at work. Free speech - fine. Being an ideology obsessed **** at time of national emergency - not fine

Toby Young - although him being a ****house is not new. Arguing for eugenics is pretty revolting though and even most of his online buddies are running a mile. Suspect Boris will drop him like hot spud once the dust has settled and the latter is back at work. Free speech - fine. Being an ideology obsessed **** at time of national emergency - not fine
In fairness its a more nuanced view than simply saying he supports eugenics. I don't actually agree with him by the way but his view seems to be that the economic costs will cause loss of life and that if it's a choice between a wrecked economy and loss of life or the deaths of largely elderly people then he would prefer the latter rather than the former. Lots of people hold that view incidentally.

In fairness its a more nuanced view than simply saying he supports eugenics. I don't actually agree with him by the way but his view seems to be that the economic costs will cause loss of life and that if it's a choice between a wrecked economy and loss of life or the deaths of largely elderly people then he would prefer the latter rather than the former. Lots of people hold that view incidentally.

Not like you to stick up for a raving rightie.

Not like you to stick up for a raving rightie.
I'd rather have a discussion about what he actually said instead of ranting about a fictional caricature where someone like Toby Young is literally Hitler.

Not like you to characterise clarifying precisely what a political figure you disagree with says as sticking up for them.

Edited by hypochondriac

Which I could understand was it not for the fact that at this very moment a 13 year old has died of it, a 21 girl with no underlying conditions who was seemingly fit and healthy died last week of covid-19. If other people want to share his views, that’s up to them but thankfully they seem to be a minority although I don’t doubt there are some - actually I know there are. Would like to see him explain them to the parents of those without known underlying conditions dying young. It’s also rubbish what he said about the NHS capacity. Trouble is Hypo, this isn’t just the flu and you can have a 90 year old survive and it kills a fit 30 year old.

It’s disgusting. An utter disgrace.

Players earning £150K/week could easily afford to forgo 3 months salary and pay for (and more) 500 staff.

I cant believe what I’m reading here

Even if the players just agreed to a 10% cut Until it’s over it’d keep the back office staff at work. So you’ve got to earn 90k a week instead of 100k for a few months, boo boo.

Even if the players just agreed to a 10% cut Until it’s over it’d keep the back office staff at work. So you’ve got to earn 90k a week instead of 100k for a few months, boo boo.

Absolutely.

If Saints did this, I’d be ashamed and that would probably be it for me.

Absolutely.

If Saints did this, I’d be ashamed and that would probably be it for me.

Just said exactly that on another forum. If saints did it I don’t think I’d go again. The clubs and players have had their snouts in the trough for years, if they can’t give something back now then it shows how vile the game has become

‘ Bournemouth have told accommodation providers for their youth team players that they will no longer be paid during the coronavirus pandemic. #afcb’

Plucky old bournemouth and their billionaire owner. As said above, greedy sh*ts of players should happily be taking a cut in order to help these people out.

Which I could understand was it not for the fact that at this very moment a 13 year old has died of it, a 21 girl with no underlying conditions who was seemingly fit and healthy died last week of covid-19. If other people want to share his views, that’s up to them but thankfully they seem to be a minority although I don’t doubt there are some - actually I know there are. Would like to see him explain them to the parents of those without known underlying conditions dying young. It’s also rubbish what he said about the NHS capacity. Trouble is Hypo, this isn’t just the flu and you can have a 90 year old survive and it kills a fit 30 year old.
It's obviously his view that the economic measures required to stop this will result in higher numbers of young people dead eventually. Imo that's a difficult thing to argue since we don't actually know what will happen with complete certainty and it raises a question about how many real young people should be permitted to die now to prevent higher numbers of potential deaths in the future. Its a view I disagree with but it's not really how you are attempting to portray it. Edited by hypochondriac

I don't know anything specific about the tragic case of those two young people, but in general if fit people without underlying conditions succumb to a disease which most others survive then its often due to an overreaction of the immune system called a cytokine storm. Its not in any way specifically related to COVID-19, it could be anything - including flu and even very rarely colds.

Edited by buctootim

It's obviously his view that the economic measures required to stop this will result in higher numbers of young people dead eventually. Imo that's a difficult thing to argue since we don't actually know what will happen with complete certainty and it raises a question about how many real young people should be permitted to die now to prevent higher numbers of potential deaths in the future. Its a view I disagree with but it's not really how you are attempting to portray it.

There is also the issue of deaths amongst people who have had their elective surgery or other treatment postponed. For example I know a 30 year old who has rheumatoid arthritis. She was due to have her ankle joints fused so she could walk without pain. That has been delayed for at least three months due to COVID-19. If you cant walk peoples level of health often drops rapidly and they become more likely to develop a whole range of diseases including, paradoxically, things like pneumonia. Its unlikely to happen to her but will happen to a number of older people waiting for things like hip replacements. Calculating overall health benefits / dis-benefits from something like a lockdown is fiendishly complicated.

Edited by buctootim

‘ Bournemouth have told accommodation providers for their youth team players that they will no longer be paid during the coronavirus pandemic. #afcb’

Plucky old bournemouth and their billionaire owner. As said above, greedy sh*ts of players should happily be taking a cut in order to help these people out.

The PL is not coming out of this well - although Ashley is a league of his own. There are players overseas trying to help at elite levels eg Bundesliga and some of the clubs have helped key workers with accommodation eg Chelsea but the PFA should be stepping up to the plate to at least ensure the lower leagues are able to survive, and it really wouldn’t be noticed much in PL players’ wage packets.

The players will all be taking a haircut when the ordinary people start cancelling the expensive TV packages that pay their wages. It might be a good idea to earn some goodwill.

That’s the problem now. Clubs seen the negative PR for Spurs will now do something more admirable but my cynicism will essentially feel been a marketing decision not the intrinsic right thing to do.