Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I think there will be a few more loans out before the deadline as it's the last chance they have to reduce the wage bill. Looking at their squad on their OS at the moment they have

1 GK

6 DEF

5 MID

6 FW

not sure how many of them are loans, but i can really see them allowing anyone out on loan if someone will take them and they will be forced to use their youth players to get through. Anyone know what would happen if their 1 senior GK gets sent off or injured outside of the loan window? would they be able to get one in still or would they have to use their youth keeper?

They have a REAL problem.

From where we sit with our view of reality they do not have a cat in hell's chance of staying up - Football is a mental game and a team sport. You simply cannot disrupt the Team ethic and expect a miracle.

So they HAVE to offload to survive, but are gambling one win may save them...

IF they only start the fire sale on Wednesday, they have two days to get players out the door and two days to sign out of contract players on a freebie.

The lower Leagues are all about Journeymen trying to scrape together a career and there are numerous out of contract players there who would be ecstatic to be given a 3 month 5k a week contract, hell they could probably find comeptent players for half of that.

We keep saying - It's The Hope that Kills You.

In their case it COULD be true - delay shipping players out, MAY get stuck with them or get far worse deals - also less time to get FL approval for short term out of contract replacements.

Tick Tock

Admit it is a Dead Parrot & you are bound for L1 or you may not make the season after all

I think there will be a few more loans out before the deadline as it's the last chance they have to reduce the wage bill. Looking at their squad on their OS at the moment they have

1 GK

6 DEF

5 MID

6 FW

not sure how many of them are loans, but i can really see them allowing anyone out on loan if someone will take them and they will be forced to use their youth players to get through. Anyone know what would happen if their 1 senior GK gets sent off or injured outside of the loan window? would they be able to get one in still or would they have to use their youth keeper?

GKs are the exception, they'll be able to sign one if their current one gets injured or carded.

.... Anyone know what would happen if their 1 senior GK gets sent off or injured outside of the loan window? would they be able to get one in still or would they have to use their youth keeper?

You can sign a Goalkeepers at any time (section 54) subject to certain conditions, they are not cover by the loan windows (53.2.2).

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regulations/20110629/section-6-players_2293633_2125731

54 Emergency Loan of Goalkeepers.

If all the professional goalkeepers at a Club are either certified by an independent medical practitioner as being unfit to play or are suspended, a Club may register (either before or after the deadlines laid down in Regulation 53.2.2), a further goalkeeper on a short term Emergency Loan in accordance with the following provisions:

54.1 The Executive shall allow a Club to sign such a goalkeeper for a period of 7 days (notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 53.2.7), inclusive of the starting date and finishing date.

54.2 Any such short term Emergency Loan shall be subject to The League, in appropriate circumstances, having received (including by facsimile) the appropriate medical certificate(s) and the Executive having confirmed that the circumstances conform to the provisions of this Regulation.

54.3 The period of any short term Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper may be renewed for 7 days at a time but further medical certification must be provided on each occasion.

54.4 Any short term Emergency Loan in respect of the same goalkeeper may not exceed 93 days during any Season.

54.5 The provisions of Regulation 52.3.2 shall not apply to the Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper.

Whether they could afford the cost of an "independent medical pratitioner" is another question.

Only question is, does 1 less team get relegated from L1, or does one extra team get promoted from L2? I'd like to see a playoff personally! Does the FL have rules for this sort of thing? Crazy if they don't, they should be prepared for a team being removed in the summer. I assume relegation clubs in L1 are asking this question??

Normally it's one less team to be relegated (I think), and everybody shuffles up one?

With whom? :scared:

Not us! Brighton did it for three years or so with Gillingham - which is a dump, small and over 80 miles from Brighton.

Look at the facilities non league Worthing have, compared with recently EPL Pompey. Maybe they will have to beg Worthing to take them in.

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/business/worthing-town-football-club-s-million-pound-base-set-to-host-open-day-1-3341878

Edited by buctootim

Don't know if this has been posted but an interview with Roman Dubov http://www.sports.ru/en/football/138637232.html

What is it about this club which manages to distort timelines and facts?

Vladimir Antonov, a new Russian owner, arrived in Portsmouth in the summer of 2011. One-and-a-half years later the businessmen was accused by the Latvian state of financial fraud and his assets were froze, leaving Portsmouth without an owner. Sports.ru reporter Vitaly Suvorov spoke to Roman Dubov – former executive director of the club and head of Convers Sport Initiative, the firm that bought a stake in the club – to discuss the state of things at Fratton Park in the last eight months.

Wasn't the summer of 2011 only about 8 months ago? Where does the "One and a half years" come from? Is it intended to hide the fact that they managed to further ruin an already ruined club within those 8 months?

"We pumped more money into the club in the last five months than the previous owners in the last 10-15 years". Really? Either Dubov or Chanrai / Gaydamak is lying.

I think you're missing the most obvious explanation - they're all lying.

"We pumped more money into the club in the last five months than the previous owners in the last 10-15 years". Really? Either Dubov or Chanrai / Gaydamak is lying.

I think the term he needs is "through" no "into"

Lol...... Roman, can you let me know where this new training ground is ?

Oh and where you put the new stand to house the 21,800 fans that turned up

I think the headline should read "We washed £12m through the club in 5 months" (am I allowed to say that?).

To be fair though, a new set of cones and paying off the back rent on the containers works out quite a lot dosh. Then of course there's the cost of the hazardous waste to dispose of (fat in the pipes).

Don't know if this has been posted but an interview with Roman Dubov http://www.sports.ru/en/football/138637232.html

"Another funny case was when we wanted to see a player in action and sent an agent, rather than a club official, to meet him at the airport. The guy was clueless and ended up bringing him to Southampton, not Portsmouth!"

Blimey O'Reilly....Is he saying we nearly ended up with Riquelme instead of Pompey....?!

what a cheerful and charismatic chap the Russian must be...

From that photo he hasn't been ploughing money into pompey, hes' been ploughing sticky buns into his fat chops - and regretting the decision to visit Al Fahim's tailor - we saw his orange suit two sizes too small...

He looks like Adrian Chiles after he's eaten that awful woman who can't present.

I still reckon pompey will survive this debacle - but I've no idea how that could happen, I'm just remembering how they've been in the last chance saloon before and pulled out an ace each time - but it looks terminal this time.

And if it does all fall apart we'll have the Lithuanian government to thank for pushing the latest crook over the edge.

Though in reality the final credits will take months to read, it's been a proper team effort to collapse the business so badly, so many times.

So will the conference take new Pompey? If they buy into this 'too many fans for it to be safe in leagues lower than that' argument. I disagree myself. After the novelty wears off, I see them no bigger than AFC Wimbledon. But I guess the conference would like to have them. Might be novel for their fans, quick route back to the league, probably get 6-8k I'd imagine at that level.

NO! They need to start again in the Wessex League with a merger with Moneyfields FC. It will be a rupert lowe style reverse takeover, with Moneyfields buying the pompey logo trademark from the liquidators... (as that is all you are buying, after all Chainrai owns the ground and Gadymack has the car park - landlocked).

The Wessex in the tenth tier of the game would be kind to them, after all they could go into the Wessex feeders league 'Hampshire Premier Football League' of the eleventh tier... they could bleat that they are premier league and could also enjoy local derbies against Paulsgrove and University of Portsmouth FC!

My choice right now, they are Moneyfields reserve team who compete in tier fifteen, in the Portsmouth Saturday Football League Division Four

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system

Landlocked

Fat in the pipes

Shalala WTFILN

If they do go pop it will be entertaining watching them squabble over which "New Pompey" is the real "New Pompey" In all seriousness they would be better off "doing a MK Dons" and taking over Havant. I've no idea what type of organisation Havant are (Ltd Company, Members Club etc) but it would probably be the easiest route back to league football.

Asked the pet Skate at work if he was getting tickets for the match at St Marys. He replied "No chance, I'm going fishing, you think I'm going to go to your place and watch us get annihilated." He even reckons they will be lucky to have a team next year, and if they did that team will struggle in league 1. Sha laa laa laa laa laa laa WTFILN.

Not us! Brighton did it for three years or so with Gillingham - which is a dump, small and over 80 miles from Brighton.

Look at the facilities non league Worthing have, compared with recently EPL Pompey. Maybe they will have to beg Worthing to take them in.

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/news/business/worthing-town-football-club-s-million-pound-base-set-to-host-open-day-1-3341878

We don't want them here thank you very much, Mr Buctootim....!!

This is not actually our non league footy team which is Worthing F.C. and plays in Div 1 South of the Isthmian League. It's a massive new project aimed at youth development in the town and surrounding area, part lottery funded I believe. Nevertheless, impressive facilities for the nippers when finished. Which wouldn't last long if those fishy fokkers got anywhere near it.

@solentsport: Football's financial prospects: Matt Slater assesses the fall-out from a turbulent few weeks for football financ... http://t.co/8kcmHMLY

Interesting take on the overall picture - not sure how he concludes that the support network is strong. The only life support machine that could help is a P*mpey supporting billionaire with more than one screw loose to the point of being unhinged! They've run out of crooks...tick...

@pn_neil_allen: So far 11,261 seats sold for #Pompey clash with Brum tomorrow night. Inc 485 visitors. Offers for fans are Four for £44 and Two for £25.

Massive club. Massive.

As alluded to before by the phew... the last of the UK sleeping giants.

This is what i think is going to happen;

portsmuff are going to make the end of the season.(The "grown ups" at the FL do not want their competition mucked up)

When the season ends the brown stuff hits the fan.Too much money,too many people,too many crooks,HMRC want blood,no light at the end of the tunnel and an easier way out for the "grown ups" at the FL.

If i was a portsmuff fan i would give my eye teeth to be in the 3rd division next season (if i had any eye teeth) (why is it called league 1,league 1,league 1) it is not the first league for f**ks sake.

portsmuff are not going to be in the football league next season.

Does anybody see it any different than that ?

God bless HMRC.

This is what i think is going to happen;

portsmuff are going to make the end of the season.(The "grown ups" at the FL do not want their competition mucked up)

When the season ends the brown stuff hits the fan.Too much money,too many people,too many crooks,HMRC want blood,no light at the end of the tunnel and an easier way out for the "grown ups" at the FL.

If i was a portsmuff fan i would give my eye teeth to be in the 3rd division next season (if i had any eye teeth) (why is it called league 1,league 1,league 1) it is not the first league for f**ks sake.

portsmuff are not going to be in the football league next season.

God bless HMRC.

They will be put down in the close season.

Yep, I am afraid I do.

No one is walking away fron the remaining parachute payments and Birch is on record saying that chinny doesn't get the ground, he only gets what it is sold for.

So chinny will take over, sell any player he can and the club will run down slowly until the last parachute payment is in.

The good news, is he doesn't care what league they are in, in fact the lower the better as it will keep costs down.

Yep, I am afraid I do.

No one is walking away fron the remaining parachute payments and Birch is on record saying that chinny doesn't get the ground, he only gets what it is sold for.

So chinny will take over, sell any player he can and the club will run down slowly until the last parachute payment is in.

The good news, is he doesn't care what league they are in, in fact the lower the better as it will keep costs down.

Not so sure. I suspect the amount it will cost to get to the point where they can claim their last parachute payment is not going to be that much smaller than the remaining payments. Remember the players are defering wages which could easily make them football creditors(?) and their defered wages may well then come out of the payments before they go to the club.

Not so sure. I suspect the amount it will cost to get to the point where they can claim their last parachute payment is not going to be that much smaller than the remaining payments. Remember the players are defering wages which could easily make them football creditors(?) and their defered wages may well then come out of the payments before they go to the club.

If that's the case then I suppose it all hangs on the outcome of the football creditors court case. When is that expected?

@pn_neil_allen: So far 11,261 seats sold for #Pompey clash with Brum tomorrow night. Inc 485 visitors. Offers for fans are Four for £44 and Two for £25.
£25 for away tickets. How many ticket offers is that? Edited by Chez

Yep, I am afraid I do.

Did the FA/FL state that the club were not having anymore of the parachute payments as they were going to pay the first CVA/Gaymac the gun runner. I am sure I read it on here and was mentioned by TB regards to finance till the end of the season.

Did the FA/FL state that the club were not having anymore of the parachute payments as they were going to pay the first CVA/Gaymac the gun runner. I am sure I read it on here and was mentioned by TB regards to finance till the end of the season.

The NEXT PP is going to Sacha.

There are still 7 or 8 million left over after the CVA is serviced according to SOME calculations on here.

The PP's go direct to the club, not to a third party but SG is meant to be paid by PFC when they receive the money, not sure if Birch is obligated to pay him now PFC are in administration again. So complicated but the end must be near, the priority for the FL is for PFC to complete the season and then the club folds.

Yep, I am afraid I do.

Just to note, parachute payments get reduced significantly (to about 1/4 of their value) if the club falls to League One, so better for him if they stay up if he wants to get in for the payments! The fact that he isn't getting involved to help them stay up is what makes me think even Chinny's given up on saving them.