Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We were all that age once!.....though I don't recall me and my brother being used as media tools to attack religions with fabricated BNP-supported claims, or as poster boys for misleading PR campaigns for the extraction of cash from the community.

But it was a long time ago so I may have forgotten.:)

Either way, the cheeky little pluckster is old enough to know not to chuck a grand down a black hole!

F*cking hell. I didn't realise it was from the same family. Poor little mite probably has less DNA than a tapeworm.

Quote from Barker in yet another fascinating Factless article justifying why one of there youngsters needs to go out on loan. Is this a bit of a subliminal message, preparing the fishy few for next season?

‘The Skrill Premier ........ has changed.

‘Ninety per cent of the clubs are full-time now so it’s just an extension of League Two.

‘You look at your Grimsbys, Lutons and Wrexhams, all those sort of teams. They are equally as big and as financially stable as most of the teams in League Two, there is not a lot in it.’

Ha! looks as if the penny may have dropped ...

Arf!

"I know that wouldn't happen here because the board are all pompey, I just wanted to help the club some more before the scheduled deadline"

"The board at Port Vale were all Port Vale too. Have you never read Lord of the Flies moosh?"

Made me laugh.

I'm also "enjoying" the Secret Footballer books, some lovely little quotes.

Even my wife, who came from Gosport and who liked to wind me up about Portsmouth when they

were doing better than Saints was horrified when I told her about that child. Without any prompting

from myself the first thing she said was that the trust shouldn't have taken the boys money she then

went on to agree with what others on here said and believe me that hasn't happened before.

Let's face it, there's no way on earth that kid had £1000 in the first place, it was just a publicity stunt to get the family more attention and some dimwit at the club thought it would be an appropriate, as opposed to abhorrent, thing to do to broadcast it as part of some warped desire to show the "commitment" of some daft kid who was in no position to be making that kind of decision even if he HAD been involved in it.

Rosy-cheeked urchin turns solitary brave tear into blue river of hope.

Old story regurgitated as part of desperate Trust PR campaign to raise funds before looming deadline in an effort to prevent presidents taking majority control. #notnews

I seem to recall his lovely-looking mother being linked to interesting political groups last time this story was published?....

Lives in ALL SAINTS ROAD as well. Bet they didn't twig on to that.

http://www.communitypompey.co.uk/faqs/

Who can purchase community shares?

Anyone! As long as you are over the age of 16.

However, if you wish to buy a share for a young person see the answer to the question: Can I buy shares for my children, grandchildren or a minor? below

Can I buy shares for my children, grandchildren or a minor?

At present almost all Community Benefit Societies (like PST) have chosen to have a minimum age requirement to be a full voting member of 16 years old.

Community Shares can only be held by full members so if an adult wanted to buy shares for say their Grandchild or son or daughter they would need to be held on their behalf by the adult until they reached the age of 16, with those shares being transferred to the minor when they reached the age of 16.

Digging around the prospectus and website again (what better way to spend an evening), there are several references to providing more detailed financial projections...

From the prospectus... More detailed financial analysis can be found on http://www.communitypompey.co.uk.

Following the link...

What will our budget look like?

Portsmouth Football Club can’t continue to lose money, nor do we believe it has to

A summary of the finances appears in the offer document, and a more detailed set of financial projections with commentary will be added shortly.

So how's this transparency thing working out? Does a Community Benefit Society have to publish its accounts? If so... when? Could be entertaining...

Hang on.

Is this a row breaking out between factless & the skates most famous supporter (who was gonna save them?)

Sweet

RE. the ongoing handbags between @factlessallen & @brianhowe01 - its business as usual pompey style, heroes become villains by default as soon as they've outlived their 'usefulness'

No it wasn't. You weren't old enough to recognise what football was for quite some time after you were born. And a damned good thing that you weren't born on 14th November 2004 or 29th January 2005, as by that reasoning you would have been a Saints fan, they having beaten you twice already that season.

The reason that you support the Skates is plain. One only has to look at the slag who is your mother to realise that since you were born, you have probably been wearing Skate pyjamas, sleeping under a Skate duvet, looking at Skate wallpaper and listening to your family bad-mouthing those f*cking Scummahs.

I know that it is far too much to expect, but if he had more intelligence, he would realise that in the majority of the few short years of his life, the Skates were in the same division as us when he was born, but then fell two divisions. But then we climbed back to the Premiership by the time he was 7 whilst they had changed places with us in the third division and now a year later they are in the fourth division whilst we continue to climb even higher in the top flight. I suppose the poor mite can console himself that there was another occasion afterwards when they also beat us 4-1, even though they were two divisions above us, but he must also grow up eventually facing the prospect that the chances are that they will never again be above us in his lifetime. But like most Skates, he will be able to console himself that they beat us 4-1 in the ever increasingly dim and distant past.

When I am confronted by any Skate who bleats about beating us 4-1 twice I always agree that it is still true. That always gets them a bit confused and then retort. "You are right we are in the Old division one and you are in the old division four":D

Edited by Goalie66
spelling

Blaargh...vomit alert!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/alfie-8-buys-1-000-pompey-share-1-5821259

Alfie, aged 8, buys £1,000 Pompey share

They really are desperate to get extra cash in to prop up the 50% plus Trust holding.

If Alfie's parents had any sense they'd have put the £1,000 in a child ISA account and let it sit there for 18 years.

Alfie, 8, from 'All Saints Road'

I see Penny's red swimsuit is going up for Auction.

Someone unkindly said that Adidas were going to buy it to make into a set of kit for Accrington Stanley ahead of their relegation clash at Fortress Fratton

On a separate matter, I notice there is a Toy Fair on in London at the moment.

Wonder if our ex favourite poster is in attendance?

I thought the Lido was going to use the swimsuit as a marquee for their grand opening?

Either way they won't be losing any more games to flooding this season at Fatpipes.

On her recent showing Penny just needs to 'dive' onto the pitch and that will clear any surface water.

Mr Antonov took control of the football club – described in court as an economic “basket case”.

Sounds like a genuine Nutjob

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/former-portsmouth-football-club-owner-vladimir-antonov-on-trial-for-400m-bank-fraud-in-lithuania-9072933.html

It seems to me that getting involved with the most high profile economic basket case in football was a step too far for old Vladimir.

With all the recent history, Chinny et al, most football aware people in the UK knew that the skates were imploding, totally unsustainable in their guise and a completely unviable future. The purchase of pfc put Vladimir on the map, it attracted the attention of the media, and worst of all, it attracted the nutjob scummmaaahhs.

If he stuck to moving cash through all those other obscure companies he may have been a little harder to track down!

With Gorbuntzov still mostly comatozed and rehabilitating in hospital after the Canary Wharf assasination attempt (part of Vlads court case defence perhaps?), Sergei Mendelev seized by the Cambodian army in a jungle gun fight, his old man criplled from an assasination attempt in Russia, Barankus in the same sh*t as him, Dubov has moved onto retrieving golf balls from lakes, he is a villain amoungst the bested..

Who does he have left?

Judge Zani, personally I would consider him a serious flight risk (my money is on Panama).

LOL

It seems to me that getting involved with the most high profile economic basket case in football was a step too far for old Vladimir.

With all the recent history, Chinny et al, most football aware people in the UK knew that the skates were imploding, totally unsustainable in their guise and a completely unviable future. The purchase of pfc put Vladimir on the map, it attracted the attention of the media, and worst of all, it attracted the nutjob scummmaaahhs.

If he stuck to moving cash through all those other obscure companies he may have been a little harder to track down!

With Gorbuntzov still mostly comatozed and rehabilitating in hospital after the Canary Wharf assasination attempt (part of Vlads court case defence perhaps?), Sergei Mendelev seized by the Cambodian army in a jungle gun fight, his old man criplled from an assasination attempt in Russia, Barankus in the same sh*t as him, Dubov has moved onto retrieving golf balls from lakes, he is a villain amoungst the bested..

Who does he have left?

Judge Zani, personally I would consider him a serious flight risk (my money is on Panama).

LOL

Correction:

Sergei Polonsky

http://rbth.co.uk/international/2013/11/12/sergei_polonsky_detained_in_cambodia_31667.html

As it becomes more likely that a former owner is going to be convicted of serious offences, at what point does football admit that pompey and their players were clearly financed by organised crime, using laundered and stolen money?

Or are we meant to sweep that under the carpet with the promised financial investigation?

The blue carpet is getting too lumpy, and is nearly touching the ceiling.

Really? I would've thought some of it would've started to break down and rot by now, taking the carpet with it soon enough. I can certainly smell something pretty bad, so it can only be a matter of time.

Mr Antonov took control of the football club – described in court as an economic “basket case”.

Sounds like a genuine Nutjob

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/former-portsmouth-football-club-owner-vladimir-antonov-on-trial-for-400m-bank-fraud-in-lithuania-9072933.html

"Mr Antonov quit Portsmouth football club in June 2011, when his company went into liquidation. The club’s financial woes continued with docked points and two subsequent relegations. The club is now two points above the relegation zone in league two."

Class act.

Actually, the Shrimpers are Southend. Morcombe share the proper nickname of our friends down the road. This Saturday it's the Shrimps v the Shrimps. May the best shrimps win. C'mon Morcombe.

I stand corrected. I trust Morcambe will be able to find it in their hearts to do the decent thing & hammer 9 kinds of cr@p out of them

As it becomes more likely that a former owner is going to be convicted of serious offences, at what point does football admit that pompey and their players were clearly financed by organised crime, using laundered and stolen money?

Or are we meant to sweep that under the carpet with the promised financial investigation?

What do you want the FA to do? Punish them further? They are fan owned now don't you know.

Really? I would've thought some of it would've started to break down and rot by now, taking the carpet with it soon enough. I can certainly smell something pretty bad, so it can only be a matter of time.

But isn't it the same carpet that Nelson stood on when he won the battle of Trafalgar?

Starting life in the sKrill Premier on -18 points? Ouch. :scared:

If so, I wonder if some of the phew would finally admit their cheating PL run, and FA cup win, weren't worth it? And would that be enough for Nick to feel that they haven't got away with it? :o

It would fell a lot better but losing FP would be enough for me

It starts!

I noticed yesterday that the Trust are pitching further share sales at the need to secure our own training ground - which is a worthy cause, of course. I do think, however, that they haven't really made it clear and communicated what they would do with further share income and, of course, it is hard to sell the possible 'purchase' of a training ground when there are no details available on a project.

I also noticed on FOL a long thread speculating that the training ground project will be funded by a further injection of cash from the HNWs reducing the Trust's shareholding below 50%. All in all this issue could escalate and I think some clear communication from the Trust is required.

please, please, post stuff just to move that picture up the page and out of sight. :scared:

Meanwhile I'm off to the Antiques Roadshow to get a price on my Halfords towrope.

I believe it was the original that towed the damaged HMS Victory back from Trafalgar, was later used as a heavy duty doglead by Churchill as he walked the royal Corgis around Southwick prior to D-Day, and was last seen keeping back the two million fans on Southsea Common.

In the same skip I found the shroud of Turin and what appears to be the complete skeleton of King Alfred, minus a bit of pelvis.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})