Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Forgetting Porky Penny it seems Pompey are about to increase the wages again on an ex-Reading defender.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/former-premier-league-midfielder-training-with-blues-1-5803060

They have a fixation with hiring older players from higher divisions who have been released by L1 clubs. Suits me, let them get on with it.

James Harper is a midfielder. I remembered him being a pretty decent midfielder in the Championship for Reading and got worried for a minute - then I checked, he hasn't played for Reading in the Championship this decade and hasn't played Championship level for 3 years. And he's now 33, hasn't managed more than 5 matches in his second season with any club since 2009, so seems to be identified as a weak link by most of his managers after a year.

He's still got to be better than Devera/N'Gala though, maybe they should play him in defence.

I also noticed the other day that the kid who shipped 7 against Saints in the Youth Cup started for their first team away to Southend.

They've gone W1 D4 L8 in their last 13 matches, btw.

Between Feb 16th and the start of April they have to play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th (away) and 2nd, 12th and 14th at home.

Three of their last 4 matches of the season are home to Bristol Rovers and away to Northampton and Bury, good job they've had all this Cup Final experience this season, they'll need it, assuming they're not relegated by then. Plymouth at home last match.

Basically if they don't hugely improve in the next 3-4 matches mostly against mid/low table sides, they're going to find it very difficult to dig themselves out.

James Harper is a midfielder. I remembered him being a pretty decent midfielder in the Championship for Reading and got worried for a minute - then I checked, he hasn't played for Reading in the Championship this decade and hasn't played Championship level for 3 years. And he's now 33, hasn't managed more than 5 matches in his second season with any club since 2009, so seems to be identified as a weak link by most of his managers after a year.

He's still got to be better than Devera/N'Gala though, maybe they should play him in defence.

I also noticed the other day that the kid who shipped 7 against Saints in the Youth Cup started for their first team away to Southend.

Between Feb 16th and the start of April they have to play 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th (away) and 2nd, 12th and 14th at home.

Three of their last 4 matches of the season are home to Bristol Rovers and away to Northampton and Bury, good job they've had all this Cup Final experience this season, they'll need it, assuming they're not relegated by then. Plymouth at home last match.

Basically if they don't hugely improve in the next 3-4 matches mostly against mid/low table sides, they're going to find it very difficult to dig themselves out.

The truth is that the sleepiest giants have been 'ripping up their league' by playing silly b*ggers with money they don't have for so long they can no longer tell the difference between that and insolvent trading.

The upside is that the never-ending slow motion train wreck that is #lowlyportsmouth continues to provide fresh LOLs for us bystanders as their struggle to prove, against all the evidence, that they don't deserve to be where they are become ever more frantic :lol:

Who's next for them? I assume Maradonna still harbours that secret longing to make his pompey dream come true and pull their chestnuts out of the fire for them, but he'll be needing a zimmer frame soon so he'd better hurry up :D

Edited by Waterside.saint

article-2538084-1A96E92100000578-218_306x553.jpg

Yep , that pitch is most certainly waterlogged no wonder Accrington had to delay their cup final.

The bint is fit enough, mind you as I stampede into middle age I'm not fussy at all. Animal vegetable mineral, all fair game. Clearly she isn't Portsmouth born and hatched as she has 5 fingers and her 6 toes aren't webbed

Avram's hoping for another cup run that goes beyond a semi.

The rest of you need to calm down.

Think of something like league tables, or Martin Keown's sister.

To quote 'Pennies from Heaven':

"Think of the pyramids.. NO, not the pyramids"

Some of you may remember it...

Presumably the postponed Accrington game has yet to be rescheduled? Would love it if Beatts could send them down...

Great analysis.

What a delightful start to a nutjobs day, thank you!

Although, look on the bright side for them... James Harper did play in Donny's 1-0 win at Fratton Park last season, so clearly he's able to cope with playing in such a cauldron of noise...

Not necessarily, Minty. That could have been one of the many games last season where Pompey were the better side by miles, only to be robbed of victory by another terrible performance by a referee for whom the occasion was just too big.

Not necessarily, Minty. That could have been one of the many games last season where Pompey were the better side by miles, only to be robbed of victory by another terrible performance by a referee for whom the occasion was just too big.

Of course, how silly of me to overlook such obvious reasoning. I apologise.

Presumably the postponed Accrington game has yet to be rescheduled? Would love it if Beatts could send them down...

If #lowlyportsmouth do indeed crash into that football league formerly known as the 'Blue Square', is that the moment that the property development sharks masquerading as saviours will step in and sell/redevelop fatpipes and send the alleged football team that plays there to groundshare at some smaller venue more suited to their diminished status? Clearly this is a decision that will NOT be made by the majority shareholders .... :lol:

If #lowlyportsmouth do indeed crash into that football league formerly known as the 'Blue Square', is that the moment that the property development sharks masquerading as saviours will step in and sell/redevelop fatpipes and send the alleged football team that plays there to groundshare at some smaller venue more suited to their diminished status? Clearly this is a decision that will NOT be made by the majority shareholders .... :lol:

That would be a mega lol, though it will also be the massive bestest stitch up of football fans ever, when they realise their trust investment was actually a non-returnable, non-sellable donation. Just like the secret footballer says!

I reccommended a perfect site for the skates, groundshare too which helps on the costs!

34056396.jpg

That would be a mega lol, though it will also be the massive bestest stitch up of football fans ever, when they realise their trust investment was actually a non-returnable, non-sellable donation. Just like the secret footballer says!

I reccommended a perfect site for the skates, groundshare too which helps on the costs!

34056396.jpg

#lowlyportsmouth coming soon to #moneyfields :D

Or possibly this ground; that way they could boast how many travelling fans they have _every_ week...

http://www.pyramidpassion.co.uk/Havant_main_stand_front_copyright.jpg

One day soon fatpipes will complete its long drawn out process of decay then they'll be able to fund its replacement from the war chest they built up during the good times when they were in the prem

Oh...

The main problem with any skate insults over Cortese is that they've been telling us for five years how damaging he is for the club.

But if they want to do a U-Turn if it suits then that's cool.

I had all the same stuff about Nige - he wasn't up to getting us out of the championship, what a terrible manager he was, how he wasn't the guy for us, and then how bad it was that he was leaving.

And the myth-peddling skate over the road assured me four years ago that Cortese had sold the club and had left, so I've heard it all before.

It's a tired old desperate path of misinformation that they tread - and perhaps it's one paved with a hint of.....what's the word, jealousy?

Quick, the nutters are out, hide! :scared:

Or just keep off the main board...

Come on in, you're safe here, we've seen every bonkers conspiracy theory about potential ownership and funding, or lack of it, before, so nothing surprises us.

Make yourself at home.

Actually don't, you could be off to Moneyfields at very short notice.

We're all doomed!

Though some of us are less doomed than others.

:)

So Pompey sign Wes Fogden on an 18-month deal.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-complete-midfielder-capture-1-5811048

He joins Daniel Alfei, Ryan Taylor, Nicky Shorey and Jake Jervis arriving at Fratton Park this month, while Shaun Cooper has been released and John Sullivan loaned to Cambridge.

So on the weekly wage bill count I'd reckon:

Fogden - £2,000

Alfei - £1,000 as loan contributions

Taylor - £1,500

Shorey - £2,000

Jervis - £1,500

Additions - £8,000

Save £1,500 on Cooper and maybe £500 on Sullivan.

Net increase of £6,000.

That'll be about an extra £150K or so on wages until the end of the season.

268a6b7acb75cca548cd9cfd385ad3a7_normal.jpegSteve Bone@stevebone1

On what planet did anyone - whoever their chairman was - think Soton would ever get in Champions Lge? Deluded.

b96a03e6360c766c8fd54ab06bf70515_normal.jpegNeil Allen@pn_neil_allen

@stevebone1 You are on fire tonight, Boney! Got much reaction yet?!!

@pn_neil_allen Eh? To what?

@stevebone1 You’re prodding and goading at the wounded animals!!!

@pn_neil_allen Well I was on safe ground til you retweeted - none of em follow me but they all follow you!

On what planet did anyone - whoever their chairman was - think Soton would ever get in Champions Lge? Deluded.

@stevebone1 You are on fire tonight, Boney! Got much reaction yet?!!

@pn_neil_allen Eh? To what?

@stevebone1 You’re prodding and goading at the wounded animals!!!

@pn_neil_allen Well I was on safe ground til you retweeted - none of em follow me but they all follow you!

Wounded? When they leave stealing millions from the taxpayer then we#d be wounded, otherwise he can carry on the deluded idiot.

So Pompey sign Wes Fogden on an 18-month deal.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-complete-midfielder-capture-1-5811048

He joins Daniel Alfei, Ryan Taylor, Nicky Shorey and Jake Jervis arriving at Fratton Park this month, while Shaun Cooper has been released and John Sullivan loaned to Cambridge.

So on the weekly wage bill count I'd reckon:

Fogden - £2,000

Alfei - £1,000 as loan contributions

Taylor - £1,500

Shorey - £2,000

Jervis - £1,500

Additions - £8,000

Save £1,500 on Cooper and maybe £500 on Sullivan.

Net increase of £6,000.

That'll be about an extra £150K or so on wages until the end of the season.

Its a good job those parachute payments are paid in perpetuity.

Oh...

All quiet here on the PTS at the moment. Any suggestions where I can go for some lively discussion?

PM Bearsy. Think (s)he has good sources on Mumsnet

Think I read something in the paper this last week or so that if you want a lively discussion you should post about being interested in meeting up for casual sex...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})