Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

How many did they take to Oxford? One of the few said on 606 that they took 4,000?!?!

But as the attendance was only 8443. And Oxford average for the season is 6275.

I'm sure the average club in that division doesn't take 2000 to to Oxford.

Also for Plymouth at Oxford the attendance was over 10,000

So is this even more manipulation of figures by the few? Do i really need to ask?

The 606 bit was funny. On the one hand the caller said they took 4,000 - then in the next breath he explained that his driver who went with him was a Wolves fan.

Perhaps they took 2,000 er 4,000 but half of them really support other teams.

The fan also said that it was great fun visiting new clubs - that apparently was what football is all about He is going to have great fun visiting the Conference next season isn't he!!!

The 606 bit was funny. On the one hand the caller said they took 4,000 - then in the next breath he explained that his driver who went with him was a Wolves fan.

Perhaps they took 2,000 er 4,000 but half of them really support other teams.

The fan also said that it was great fun visiting new clubs - that apparently was what football is all about He is going to have great fun visiting the Conference next season isn't he!!!

There are a lot of Sunday League pub carparks they haven't seen yet then :D

I did have to laugh at the deluded skate on 606 last night saying they took 4000+ to Oxford. Must have been one hell of a rush to get the extra tickets then as on Wednesday they were struggling to sell more than 2000. Maybe it was a last minute thing and a big walk up of away fans or was he talking bo££ocks as the few usually do. Oh well WTFILN.

I was on the Brighton train and there were quite a few Pompey supporters on it: why do they all talk like the cast of East Enders and look like people you wouldn't want to meet on a dark night? Anyway, I thought of saying "At least Eastleigh will be a bit nearer next season" as I got off, but I use that train a fair bit and thought better of it...

How many did they take to Oxford? One of the few said on 606 that they took 4,000?!?!

So is this even more manipulation of figures by the few? Do i really need to ask?

Solent yesterday said 2,000.

So that was really 1,000, the balance made up of carers, probation officers, youth support workers etc...

Actually it would probably cost them loads to convert the seats to be safe standing areas, assuming the proposal uses the German "barriers with seats attached" method to allow standing - and we've been repeatedly told how "unsafe" standing in seated areas is for 20 years so I don't doubt that will be the case even in the depths of the Football League. Probably wouldn't lead to much increase in capacity with the allocated ticketed standing area and barrier either, most stands are now built for seats and the sight lines and step heights are different to a terrace.

I'm sure their safe standing support is actually just a piece of fan-friendly fluffery, they can't afford to budget for "longstanding" roof leaks, never mind rebuilding the place for similar capacity.

Terry The Builder is looking for some storage facilities now for the outgoing seats. I can see him researching potential famous bums that have possibly visited.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk shows him a shade under 25% - has he got better or worse since then :D

Just his stats whilst being with the deluded few. I like him , for we have had so far .... We will be the entertainers of the league, players attitude not good, Christmas is cancelled for the players, we had to train on artificial turf , injuries are woeful, not here to entertain away fans ( my favourite because the same PFC fans also watched the dreadful game )

Not long now till the excuses must run out about what a shambles he inherited

It's blue, it's square

The skates are heading there

Blue Square, Blue Square ...

#lowlyportsmouth :lol:

Warms the cockles of my heart, it does.

Would be richly deserved & not a tear shed anywhere (except at #lowlypompey where they will be getting their wellies on ready for their tour of the region's pub teams :D)

Sounds like the skates are living up to their Portsmyth moniker in the lower divisions too, this is from an Oxford fan

Pillock from Pompey said on BBC 606 on 5 Live that they had 4000 fans at Oxford today. The stand they were in holds 5000 and they were allocated 2500 tickets, clearly you can see they are to the half way line

Pompey get behind safe standing bid

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-get-behind-safe-standing-bid-1-5797890

Peter Daykin, the Football Supporter Federation’s Safe Standing Campaign co-ordinator, said: ‘For Portsmouth to back the campaign is brilliant.

‘I have been watching football long enough to remember Portsmouth in every single division.

‘One thing that hasn’t changed is the fantastic support. They are a proper club.

‘It’s great to see the new regime has got on board with this.’

Well, a 10-year old remeber that as well!

Very well spotted: that was a very unfortunate comment :lol:

So we have a new standard against which to judge "The greatest Atmosphere in World Sport that the bestest put on at all their Cup Finals.

Last night when The Seattle Seahawks scored a touchdown against New Orleans on the road to the Superbowl, the effect of the Seattle fans reaction was actually picked up by West Coast Earthquake sensors.

A "Quake" measuring approximately 2 on the Richter Scale co-incided with Marshawn Lynch scoring a touchdown.

So now we have a quantifiable system for measuring just how bestest they are.................

So we have a new standard against which to judge "The greatest Atmosphere in World Sport that the bestest put on at all their Cup Finals.

Last night when The Seattle Seahawks scored a touchdown against New Orleans on the road to the Superbowl, the effect of the Seattle fans reaction was actually picked up by West Coast Earthquake sensors.

A "Quake" measuring approximately 2 on the Richter Scale co-incided with Marshawn Lynch scoring a touchdown.

So now we have a quantifiable system for measuring just how bestest they are.................

It may prove hard to distinguish seismically between their MASSIVE EARTHSHAKING CELEBRATIONS and the terminal creaking & groaning of their tatty timber tabernacle after decades of neglect

When Barker took over, Pompey were 17th and 4 points above the relegation zone. Now, they are 20th and just 1 point above the bottom two. Under Whittngham, this season, they averaged 1.2 points per game. Since Barker took over they have averaged just 0.8 points per game. Meanwhile, since Crawley replaced Barker & Coppell with Gregory and Whittingham their results have improved. Ha, ha, ha, ha :-)

Rallyboy obviously heard the same figure as I did on Radio Solent; 2003. They even commented on the precise nature of the figure, speculating that they must have counted every Skate through the turnstiles.

But we have to consider that there must have been a considerable number of Skates living in the Oxford area, who might have walked up on the day and gone in the home section. After all, this is the South's Glory Club and they will have a massive following of plastic fans in their Southern catchment area who will have jumped at the opportunity to see their heroes when they were playing virtually on their doorstep. Then there will be all those Oxford fans who support Oxford as their second club and Pompey as their first love.

So there probably were about 4000 Skates at the match. I'm a bit suprised though that a match featuring one of the division's top teams and the South's biggest club with the best fan's in World football wasn't better attended, when the journey from Portsmouth to Oxford only takes just over an hour. I would have expected a sell-out.

Rallyboy obviously heard the same figure as I did on Radio Solent; 2003. They even commented on the precise nature of the figure, speculating that they must have counted every Skate through the turnstiles.

But we have to consider that there must have been a considerable number of Skates living in the Oxford area, who might have walked up on the day and gone in the home section. After all, this is the South's Glory Club and they will have a massive following of plastic fans in their Southern catchment area who will have jumped at the opportunity to see their heroes when they were playing virtually on their doorstep. Then there will be all those Oxford fans who support Oxford as their second club and Pompey as their first love.

So there probably were about 4000 Skates at the match. I'm a bit suprised though that a match featuring one of the division's top teams and the South's biggest club with the best fan's in World football wasn't better attended, when the journey from Portsmouth to Oxford only takes just over an hour. I would have expected a sell-out.

LOL, nail on the head!

In fairness 2k+ skates isnt that bad for a january away, even if it is only a short drive up the road. Though remaining in that spirit of fairness, I do recall us taking massive bestest allocations to all sorts in our League One tour, Leyton, MK Dons JPT, P.boro, Swindon, Coventry.

We used to congratulate our support on the day amoungst ourselves, though we didnt need an intrepid #factless reporter blowing hot air all over the place, nor did we feel the need to articifially inflate our attendences for the benefit of uninformed radio Solent listeners.

Though Im just clearly absolutely green with envy at the skates travelling blue army.