Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

With all these ''revenue generating'' exercises they are currently going through, you have to believe that they are seriously struggling with cash flow. With half the season left to play they could be in serious trouble again very soon if they don't start selling out. But that's ok, because they're the bestest in the whole wide world so that wont be a problem right... Oh wait! :D

With all these ''revenue generating'' exercises they are currently going through, you have to believe that they are seriously struggling with cash flow. With half the season left to play they could be in serious trouble again very soon if they don't start selling out. But that's ok, because they're the bestest in the whole wide world so that wont be a problem right... Oh wait! :D

OR

Finally the muppets down there have woken up to the fact that they are now having to run a BUSINESS, not play a Computer game.

A Feelgood factor is no way to run a business, especially when your startng Business Plan was so clearly full of holes..

They have clearly found time to lay off the Champagne long enough to wake up and smell the

starbucks.jpg

No, that's all wrong - they're only after the money so they can pay the debts off early. They can then start on the cycle of 'buying' players, building the debt level because they're going to have a 'real good go at this league' & we can wait for the inevitable admin number (XX).

@pn_neil_allen: So that's 2,035 tickets so far sold by #Pompey for trip to Oxford. Expect full allocation to go. Outstanding. http://t.co/fSrWJBA6rZ

You know how bad things have become when your local rag has to resort to full page articles on how wonderful your away support is for its daily fix of 'bestest' news...

Edited by trousers

@pn_neil_allen: So that's 2,035 tickets so far sold by #Pompey for trip to Oxford. Expect full allocation to go. Outstanding. http://t.co/fSrWJBA6rZ

You know how bad things have become when your local rag has to resort to full page articles on how wonderful your away support is for its daily fix of 'bestest' news...

That's a really poor number in a local game for such a big club. Massive.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/shorey-signs-for-pompey-1284136.aspx

Shorey said: “I’ve played at Fratton Park many times before and there has always been a great atmosphere, so I am delighted to now be playing for the fans here.

He forgot to mention that it's "a massive club" FFS!

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/shorey-signs-for-pompey-1284136.aspx

He forgot to mention that it's "a massive club" FFS!

Shorey used to be a good PL player. Two caps for England and still only 32 - but been released by three clubs in the past two years. Wonder whether he will be great for them, or another has been dragging them down.

apologies to whoever mentioned it a while back but I've just started reading the latest Secret Footballer.

I know it was referenced and I don't think it got much discusssion at the time - but, if we are assuming that it is Kitson, I didn't realise how much stuff he says about pompey.

He despises them, and their chairman for getting up in the director's box and singing along with terrace abuse, he had to threaten them with legal action about his money because they kept trying to beat them down, and threatened them with media coverage on 'other matters', and makes the claim in the book that the new owners basically misled the public and took cash off them.

It is quite an eye-opener and supports a few Nutjob theories about players being bullied and abused while the champagne still flowed upstairs.

So bombshell news - pompey don't come out of it terribly well. :o

apologies to whoever mentioned it a while back but I've just started reading the latest Secret Footballer.

I know it was referenced and I don't think it got much discusssion at the time - but, if we are assuming that it is Kitson, I didn't realise how much stuff he says about pompey.

He despises them, and their chairman for getting up in the director's box and singing along with terrace abuse, he had to threaten them with legal action about his money because they kept trying to beat them down, and threatened them with media coverage on 'other matters', and makes the claim in the book that the new owners basically misled the public and took cash off them.

It is quite an eye-opener and supports a few Nutjob theories about players being bullied and abused while the champagne still flowed upstairs.

Surprised it doesn't get more coverage on here. Confirms a lot of what was suggested by Nutjobs. The player abuse and bullying was obvious but the stuff about misleading the fans to get money off them was suggested here without much evidence (beyond our experience of their character!)

d2ceb16562ae0c783637d2bd8fdc9739_normal.jpegBBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport5m

#pompey trying to secure signing of Bristol City striker Ryan Taylor in next 24 hours, we understand

Signing a player who's still got 6 months left on his contract....How's that going to work? Cottterill doing his old club a favour by waiving the transfer fee I assume?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-striker-Ryan-Taylor-talks-join/story-20422985-detail/story.html

Striker Ryan Taylor is on his way out of Bristol City as manager Steve Cotterill continues to ring the changes.Surplus to requirements following the arrival of fellow target man Tyrone Barnett this week, the 25-year-old Yorkshireman was today holding talks with an unnamed club.

Signed from Rotherham United by then-City manager Keith Millen in the summer of 2011, Taylor’s time at Ashton Gate has been tarnished by serious injury and he has made just 42 appearances in two-and-a-half seasons, scoring two goals.

Surprised it doesn't get more coverage on here. Confirms a lot of what was suggested by Nutjobs. The player abuse and bullying was obvious but the stuff about misleading the fans to get money off them was suggested here without much evidence (beyond our experience of their character!)

Hmmm, I guess I will have to add it to my list of books to buy next time I am over. I do like to read a nice, funny, book when on holiday in the summer.

Hmmm, I guess I will have to add it to my list of books to buy next time I am over. I do like to read a nice, funny, book when on holiday in the summer.

If you want to read it sooner, you could always download it to a Kindle or similar device if you have one ?

A goal every 21 games, an impressive record :adore:

To be fair, half of those games were in the Championship. Mind you, he's even more ginger than Dave Kitson! Might not go down well with the Skate fans.

My Carlisle supporting mate says Jake Jervis is an awful footballer, scored 3 in 5 for them but doesn't appear much if at all outside of the penalty box and also cupped his ears to the Carlisle fans when he scored. Like to see him try that at Fatpipes Park! Shorey might be a better capture but can't be on buttons wage-wise and doubt if releasing Cooper covered it.

Jason Banton to Plymouth is a far better signing, kept them up last season and is a quality player - or as close as you can get other than Gary Roberts at Chesterfield - at that level. Rene Howe has left Burton for Newport, should please The 9 I'd imagine. Those two signings underline the crudeness of the two strikers they've 'bought' in.

Kitson has just gone up in my estimation.

Wonder what it would take to have him publicly spill ALL the beans :suspicious:

To be fair, half of those games were in the Championship. Mind you, he's even more ginger than Dave Kitson! Might not go down well with the Skate fans.

My Carlisle supporting mate says Jake Jervis is an awful footballer, scored 3 in 5 for them but doesn't appear much if at all outside of the penalty box and also cupped his ears to the Carlisle fans when he scored. Like to see him try that at Fatpipes Park! Shorey might be a better capture but can't be on buttons wage-wise and doubt if releasing Cooper covered it.

Jason Banton to Plymouth is a far better signing, kept them up last season and is a quality player - or as close as you can get other than Gary Roberts at Chesterfield - at that level. Rene Howe has left Burton for Newport, should please The 9 I'd imagine. Those two signings underline the crudeness of the two strikers they've 'bought' in.

butu7ydy.jpg

d2ceb16562ae0c783637d2bd8fdc9739_normal.jpegBBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport5m

#pompey trying to secure signing of Bristol City striker Ryan Taylor in next 24 hours, we understand

Signing a player who's still got 6 months left on his contract....How's that going to work? Cottterill doing his old club a favour by waiving the transfer fee I assume?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-striker-Ryan-Taylor-talks-join/story-20422985-detail/story.html

Signed from Rotherham United by then-City manager Keith Millen in the summer of 2011, Taylor’s time at Ashton Gate has been tarnished by serious injury and he has made just 42 appearances in two-and-a-half seasons, scoring two goals.

A goal every 21 games, an impressive record :adore:

@pn_neil_allen: Just heard that Ryan Taylor has been completed. Signed for #Pompey on an 18-month deal.

LOL

Connelly will need to free up some space in the treatment room!

Outstanding

PMSL

London's Westminster Magistrates' Court in preparation for publication of the decision of former bank Snoras shareholders Raimondo Baranausko Vladimir Antonov issue of Lithuania, Latvia, the population prefers the latter to be tried in a neighboring country, the newspaper said Saturday, "Lithuania knowledge.

As shown by the company TNS Latvia in December made the economically active population survey, 64 per cent. they would like to see that V Antonov, a former Bankas Snoras and Latvijas Krajbanka owners would be issued by Lithuanian law enforcement and trial.

The decision will be published by the London court on January 20. Lithuanian Prosecutor General's Office has issued a European arrest warrant for Mr Antonov, R. Grammars arrest, in addition, it is stated in possession of their suspicions about 1.7 billion. LTL Snoras' assets. Prosecutors have also imposed restrictions on the ownership rights of suspects to 805 million. -worth of assets.

2011 November 16th nacionalizuotam bank Snoras bankruptcy proceedings were instituted in the same year on December 7th.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diena.lt%2Fnaujienos%2Flietuva%2Fsalies-pulsas%2Flatviai-pasisako-uz-snoro-akcininku-isdavima-lietuvai-608663%23.Us8cTvRdURI

http://www.diena.lt/naujienos/lietuva/salies-pulsas/latviai-pasisako-uz-snoro-akcininku-isdavima-lietuvai-608663

The Latvian public want Vlad, they seem to be ok with Raymond!

State is bankrupt and nationalized bank Snoras shares are worth at 0,00 £ for one.

Such a conclusion, the audit company Deloitte Lithuania "analysis, the Ministry of Finance announces that the public needs taken stock price offers to the Government for approval.

Compared against the Snoras bank nationalization shares on the Nasdaq OMX Vilnius Stock Exchange, sold for € 0.231 (£ 0.80).

Bank Snoras stock exchange value did not reflect the true value of the disclosure of information about the bank's financial condition, "- says the Ministry's press release.

The Ministry of Finance at Deloitte Lithuania "report prepared by the media do not share. RPG knowledge, the volume - more than 200 pages.

The zero value of the shares means that small investors had Snoras shares recover nothing. The predicted and Investors Association.

Snoras capitalization (market value) on the basis of the exchange price was 378 million., Of which exclusively belong to the minority shareholders - almost 25 million. £.

Government in 2011. November 16. decided to societies needs to take 100% of the bank Snoras shares because Snoras assets to guess, it was less than the liabilities. Passages not only 1.7 billion. Lt plundered where fundamental Snoras shareholders - Vladimir Antonov (68.1%) and Raimondo Baranausko (25.31%), but also with their non-minority shareholders 3,700 (6.59%) shares.

According to the Law on Financial Sustainability for nationalized Snoras shares to be fairly compensated, and the Ministry of Finance announced stock assessment of the competition, the winner was Deloitte Lithuania.

Deloitte Lithuania for services paid 1.3 million. Lt

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fvz.lt%2F%3FPublicationId%3Dc2a64ce7-485c-45ec-a4e0-591119850c3c

http://vz.lt/?PublicationId=c2a64ce7-485c-45ec-a4e0-591119850c3c

Jan 20th nutjobs.

She'll make a splash alright, if she doesn't get harpooned by a boat full of Japanese fishermen first.

Her coming in off a ten metre board could signal the end for Tipner and other low-lying flood-threatened areas of the city.

She does appear to be drifting rapidly from a job in politics to an obsession with 'look at me, look at me, look at me!'

She's just very fortunate to be representing the most f***ed up city in the country that has it's palms open like Oliver Twist on a regular basis. Is there anything in Portsmuff that doesn't need renovating? You should've heard all the Tories ringing in to support her on Cleggie's breakfast show this morning. Cringeworthy.

Edited by Channon's Sideburns

wow, finally admitting they didn't ask questions before, but then saying no need to ask questions now! how many facepalms are there?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/opinion/opinion-why-fans-can-trust-new-investment-1-5795302

Is it just me or is it distasteful to use phrases such as supporters being 'burnt' and false alarms almost immediately after talking about installing sprinkler systems in their wooden stands. Do they have a sub-editor at the News?

I must have missed Chelsea going into administration because they couldn't pay the bills, when did that happen?

Someone needs to go directly to accountancy school for beginners - do not pass go, and definitely do not help yourself to £200.

It is 2014 for god's sake - with technology and progress, in this day and age there is no reason why anyone should still confuse clubs that service debt, with those that steal from dying children.

I thought that level of ignorance over basic business principles had been stamped out along with scurvy and the plague.

And that is from the Chairman of the largest shareholder group in the club... someone you might hope (if you were a member of the Trust) would at least have some basic semblance of understanding of accounting.

Well, clearly as we have seen by the last few pages and the sudden awareness of the need for raising cash (Sprinklers & Pledges) the shareholder group have no clue about Accounting

I must have missed Chelsea going into administration because they couldn't pay the bills, when did that happen?

Someone needs to go directly to accountancy school for beginners - do not pass go, and definitely do not help yourself to £200.

It is 2014 for god's sake - with technology and progress, in this day and age there is no reason why anyone should still confuse clubs that service debt, with those that steal from dying children.

I thought that level of ignorance over basic business principles had been stamped out along with scurvy and the plague.

Cash is all that matters, and Chelsea had reserves of about 17m for 2011 and 2012 to meet current debts, (kept at this level only through Roman's cash injections), they will literally never be insolvent unless he decides to stop financing them at which point they are instantly and horribly screwed looking at their cash flow statements :lol:

Well, clearly as we have seen by the last few pages and the sudden awareness of the need for raising cash (Sprinklers & Pledges) the shareholder group have no clue about Accounting

Well, obviously *I* know that... you don't frequent this thread and not pick up a thing or two along the way after all! But I wonder how long it'll take *THEM* to! So far the evidence would point towards: Never.

Pompey get behind safe standing bid

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-get-behind-safe-standing-bid-1-5797890

Peter Daykin, the Football Supporter Federation’s Safe Standing Campaign co-ordinator, said: ‘For Portsmouth to back the campaign is brilliant.

‘I have been watching football long enough to remember Portsmouth in every single division.

‘One thing that hasn’t changed is the fantastic support. They are a proper club.

‘It’s great to see the new regime has got on board with this.’

Well, a 10-year old remeber that as well!

wow, finally admitting they didn't ask questions before, but then saying no need to ask questions now! how many facepalms are there?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/opinion/opinion-why-fans-can-trust-new-investment-1-5795302

This investment does however mean that all of the £1,000 investors just had their shareholding diluted with no option to increase their stake to maintain parity.

Could there have been a call for funds with those that chose to make the additional investment maintaining their proportionate shareholding? If everyone pays another few percent, the cash is raised and the balance of ownership doesn't change. Couldn't there have been £1 shares with the minimum investment being 1,000 of them? The Presidents could have bought 250,000 shares if they wished and when additional funds are needed, you create the additional shares and those that don't want to dilute all get an equal chance to buy them.

I guess the challenge is that the £1000 doesn't really buy you 'shares' it buys you membership of a group that collectively owns shares. More people in the group means your personal piece gets smaller.

Bringing in the funds from those who pledged but didn't pay also dilutes those that already did.

It's truly astounding that some of the skates out there really do think that they have made an 'investment' :mcinnes:

It's also quite astonishing that there are some skates out there that are prepared to throw more money at their 'investment' so as not to dilute their shareholding :roll:

I guess it goes to show that they still haven't cottoned on to the fact that the £1000 share option was actually no more than a donation of goodwill!

At least he acknowledges the accusation and deep down I think Ashley knows that they bought the cup. Progress.

I would never accuse them of buying the cup.

The concept of buying something implies paying for it. Pretending to buy something and then not paying for it is theft.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})