Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

poor Accrington, like a gilted bride, they miss out on the biggest day of their lives.
lol, deprived of their cup final. James Beattie has already played in one of those so he will be able to give his team the low down when the game is replayed

Watery Fat all over the slightly grassy bit in the middle of the slum...

Bet they wish they had more "pledges" to sort the drainage....psml

To be fair most L2 clubs have problems with drainage, after all they have never had tens of millions to upgrade their facilities.........ohh

Here is my hypothesis:

Pompey know that they are going to lose Jed Wallace this month as he is out of contract in the summer and hasn't signed a new one. In a previous Snooze article Connolly commented that there is interest in Wallace from two or three teams. Seems a stupid thing to say to the media but there you go. So there's a likelihood that Wallace may be signed up by a Champ or L1 side but for how much? I would say £100K tops and more likely £75K.

I think that this is the money that Pompey are talking about when they say they have additional money to get new players in this month. Not additional gate money or commercial income as they purport.

So, being generous, they get £100K. This would all be earmarked for CVA under the FL deal. But it might allow them to slow down the regular payments they have to put towards the former players - sleight of hand etc.

So they may have £100K extra for the rest of the season. Call it 25 weeks. An extra £4K per week to pay new freebies they might sign on six month deals. So if they got in three new players, about £1.3K per week each.

I don't think they will sign anything decent for those wages in January as the only players available will be those other clubs want to dump off contracts anyway because they are no good or have been superseded by a better player at whatever club.

But the shield mentality that they adopt means that new players have to come from higher divisions. Bring on more useless crap from Swindon or Brighton I say!

It seems every time a member of the trust speaks to the media they always trot out the tired old line "....biggest fan owned club in the country...." (See the BBC article a couple of posts up for example).

Does anyone know how many fan owned clubs there actually are in the country?

If there were dozens in the football league alone, then they would arguably have something to bang on about, but I don't believe there are more than one or two (if any??).

But if the fan owned clubs are all Conference league / Ryman / Wessex League level clubs then that isn't that much for a fading FL club to head the list and be proud of - though maybe it just shows the level they are heading towards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there were dozens in the football league alone, then they would arguably have something to bang on about, but I don't believe there are more than one or two (if any??).

Exeter & Wycombe, for 2. One thing about the skates, I think they're the lowest placed 'fan owned' club in the FL.

Facepalm alert!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-ready-to-raid-big-boys-1-5786088

I think there head is so far up their own ar$e that it must nearly be coming out the top again

We’ve got connections at every club in the country so it’s a case of going through them all.

You certainly do......most of them filed in "Accounts Payable".

‘So you see players at top-end clubs who haven’t found their way yet and are looking for an opportunity.

‘With us being the club of our size in the league we’re in we could be the ideal opportunity for them.

‘We’ve got connections at every club in the country so it’s a case of going through them all.

‘It’s a good learning curve for Premier League development players. There’s nothing better than playing in front of a massive crowd here if they are then going back to their parent club to play.

:mcinnes:

Nice to see that they are still bolstering the mighty blue army by swooping to snatch stars away from rivals and landing big name signings through their extensive scouting network that works hand-in-glove with their fellow giants Man Utd and Chelsea.

That version of events impresses the few so much more than the truth - and distracts from the unanswered financial questions, and the sly shift of power in the shareholding.

hello Mr Moyes, that latest litter that you just dumped from your academy, could we have the runt please?

They need a reality check.

Small potless club fails to attract quality, has to sign players no one else wants.

The End.

So what second string / youngsters from the premier league have they loaned so far these passed few seasons? I can only think of Potts.

And that worked out well, didn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Today has not been good for them. York and Mansfield had good wins and have gone above the Skates. Bottom of the table Northampton got a cracking 3 points away at promotion chasing Newport meaning that the Skates are now only 4 points off the bottom. Even Torquay managed a point at home against promotion chasers meaning that the Skates are now 3 points off the relegation spots.

Here is my hypothesis:

Pompey know that they are going to lose Jed Wallace this month as he is out of contract in the summer and hasn't signed a new one. In a previous Snooze article Connolly commented that there is interest in Wallace from two or three teams. Seems a stupid thing to say to the media but there you go. So there's a likelihood that Wallace may be signed up by a Champ or L1 side but for how much? I would say £100K tops and more likely £75K.

I think that this is the money that Pompey are talking about when they say they have additional money to get new players in this month. Not additional gate money or commercial income as they purport.

So, being generous, they get £100K. This would all be earmarked for CVA under the FL deal. But it might allow them to slow down the regular payments they have to put towards the former players - sleight of hand etc.

So they may have £100K extra for the rest of the season. Call it 25 weeks. An extra £4K per week to pay new freebies they might sign on six month deals. So if they got in three new players, about £1.3K per week each.

I don't think they will sign anything decent for those wages in January as the only players available will be those other clubs want to dump off contracts anyway because they are no good or have been superseded by a better player at whatever club.

But the shield mentality that they adopt means that new players have to come from higher divisions. Bring on more useless crap from Swindon or Brighton I say!

It's a nice theroy , but all money raised from players sales goes into the pot to pay off debts - part of the golden share caveats

Today has not been good for them. York and Mansfield had good wins and have gone above the Skates. Bottom of the table Northampton got a cracking 3 points away at promotion chasing Newport meaning that the Skates are now only 4 points off the bottom. Even Torquay managed a point at home against promotion chasers meaning that the Skates are now 3 points off the relegation spots.

Happily, they are now the worst team in the Football League on Recent Form

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D3/runin.html

Team Recent Form

1 S****horpe United 99.0

2 Chesterfield 82.4

3 Burton 90.4

4 Southend United 80.6

5 Rochdale 68.6

6 Oxford 72.5

7 Fleetwood 65.6

8 Newport 76.1

9 Morecambe 60.0

10 Cheltenham 68.2

11 Plymouth 70.4

12 Dagenham & Redbridge 55.0

13 Exeter City 54.0

14 Wimbledon 48.6

15 Hartlepool United 57.4

16 Wycombe Wanderers 43.1

17 Mansfield Town 50.0

18 Bury 62.2

19 York 55.3

20 Portsmouth 41.4

21 Accrington Stanley 53.6

22 Bristol Rovers 48.3

23 Torquay 46.1

24 Northampton 46.2

Someone down there needs to stand up and say, we are not a massive club, pub teams went further in the cup, we are in a relegation battle with Torquay and Northampton, and if we fail, our new rivals will be Eastleigh.

Let's stop pretending that we are a big club, let's stop claiming to be signing big players from under other club's noses, let's just accept where we are and get on with it.

So let's pay bills, avoid high wages and stabilise the club in League Two, where we currently belong.

Then perhaps we can build towards a promotion, make some progress within a sound financial model, and earn back a bit of respect from other clubs - which is currently still running at zero.

Will it be McInnes? Maybe Hall? Someone needs to say it.

Someone down there needs to stand up and say, we are not a massive club, pub teams went further in the cup, we are in a relegation battle with Torquay and Northampton, and if we fail, our new rivals will be Eastleigh.

Let's stop pretending that we are a big club, let's stop claiming to be signing big players from under other club's noses, let's just accept where we are and get on with it.

So let's pay bills, avoid high wages and stabilise the club in League Two, where we currently belong.

Then perhaps we can build towards a promotion, make some progress within a sound financial model, and earn back a bit of respect from other clubs - which is currently still running at zero.

That, rb, has to be the funniest of your many funny posts..

Yeah good luck with that RB :lol:

sorry - I had a funny five minutes there, probably due to jealousy. :blush:

They are massive, solvent, attractive to potential transfer targets, fan-owned and debt-free - in fact the future is bluer than Sam Allardyce's postmatch team talk.

notBigSam@TheBig_Sam32m

****ing disgusted with that display. Making the lads watch me sh1t into a water balloon. They know what's coming next.

And that they will never, ever do that is the biggest joke of all.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})