Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

#factless article

trust maintain majority shareholding whilst presidents make emergency maintenence loans to keep the grand old lady in order

the presidents have moved to ensure that the trust keeps hold of their majority stake in pompey by loaning the club essential funds in order to continue playing at fratton parkwhich translates to the developers have been successfull in loading secured debt onto pompey, ensuring they are major creditors in the likely event of insolvency

Can you just imagine the meltdown if that were to happen,

Has Barker managed to demotivate the only quality player in his squad?....

Connolly revealed he has stepped back from the coaching duties he was carrying out under Guy Whittingham.

He said ‘I’m just training and playing when selected.

Which translates as, I was overlooked for the job and the bloke they gave it to has not only taken me off coaching duties but he doesn't even know a good player when he sees one - now I can't even get in the team so all you clubs out there, please come and rescue me with a player/coach offer.

34c3c387a334d5dd5178726b27996009_normal.jpegNabil Hassan@NabilHassan79

Former owner of #pompey Football Club Vladimir Antonov should be extradited to Lithuania to face fraud charges, a court has ruled. Vladimir Antonov and his Lithuanian business partner Raimondas Baranauska are suspected of stripping £420m from a Lithuanian bank. Judge concluded they would receive a fair trial in Lithuanian and found no evidence of risk to their human rights. 7 days to appeal.

#factless article

trust maintain majority shareholding whilst presidents make emergency maintenence loans to keep the grand old lady in order

the presidents have moved to ensure that the trust keeps hold of their majority stake in pompey by loaning the club essential funds in order to continue playing at fratton parkwhich translates to the developers have been successfull in loading secured debt onto pompey, ensuring they are major creditors in the likely event of insolvency

Can you just imagine the meltdown if that were to happen,

The presidents making loans (rather than injecting new equity) means that the trust retains its majority shareholding.

Of course the totally unintended consequence of this is that the presidents can take the loan money back out again without needing the 75%/90% shareholder vote. As I said though, an unintended and unfortunate consequence. I'm sure it won't ever come to that.

Just on twitter, their new CEO is saying any more "share" purchases/ pledge conversions, between now and April deadline will be used to fund a new training ground.

Now I'm no land magnate/ property developer, but I'm not sure where or how you can buy 10 - 15 acres of land in PO and develop that land into multi surface pitches/ changing rooms, gym, offices etc for a few thousand £? Not another desperate attempt to get more conversions eh? If the Presidents have to stump up the difference needed for new training facilities that would bring them well over the 50% mark.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25808501?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

From the News article on trimming the squad (or not, depending on how you read it!) :

Barker explained: "I would like it to be a lot less than I have got now, I don’t know the exact number, but you are talking about high 20s"

Is it only me who thinks that the manager should know exactly how many players he has ?

Perhaps he struggles to count up to thirty but otherwise it really comes across as incompetence on a grand scale !

I am willing to bet that the manager of my local Sainbury's knows exactly how many staff he has and it will be a helluva lot more than the high 20's !

The rewriting of history as it happens extends to lesser sports too, as you can see from this early entry in the 2014 Misleading Sentence of the Year competition.

PENNY Mordaunt has triumphed for Portsmouth after completing her dive on national television without any major hitches.

1. She didn't triumph.

2. She didn't really complete a dive.

3. There were major hitches.

Other than those minor points, spot on!

According to Andrew pierce she's claimed house of commons expenses to travel to the lilo tthat was her chosen charity. As its in the same road as her constituency office, he claims the amount she billed the tax payer for was 90p.

From the News article on trimming the squad (or not, depending on how you read it!) :

Barker explained: "I would like it to be a lot less than I have got now, I don’t know the exact number, but you are talking about high 20s"

Is it only me who thinks that the manager should know exactly how many players he has ?

Perhaps he struggles to count up to thirty but otherwise it really comes across as incompetence on a grand scale !

I am willing to bet that the manager of my local Sainbury's knows exactly how many staff he has and it will be a helluva lot more than the high 20's !

They run out of fingers and toes after 24

@Smudge1962: @mickwill You talking about me Williams? If you have something to say, say it to my face. Do you think money buys you some kind of status

@Smudge1962: @mickwill What you know about football I could put on the back of a postage stamp. Hide behind your wife you prat

@Smudge1962: @mickwill@colinfarmery Why don't you deploy a few more thugs to try and threaten me Mick. Water off a ducks back.

@Smudge1962: @mickwill @colinfarmery Ultimately you and the boards inept decision making will be the death of this great football club. @ourstodestroy

@Smudge1962: @mickwill You talking about me Williams? If you have something to say, say it to my face. Do you think money buys you some kind of status

@Smudge1962: @mickwill What you know about football I could put on the back of a postage stamp. Hide behind your wife you prat

@Smudge1962: @mickwill@colinfarmery Why don't you deploy a few more thugs to try and threaten me Mick. Water off a ducks back.

@Smudge1962: @mickwill @colinfarmery Ultimately you and the boards inept decision making will be the death of this great football club. @ourstodestroy

I don't understand this whole twitter malarky :(

Who is smudge?

Who is mickwill?

Who is colinfarmery?

Who the hell is saying what to who in that twitter conversation?

#menounderstandit!

Re that Tweet conversation - roughly speaking....

Trust member is slagging off pompey-supporting journo who has voiced the opinion to his 108,000 followers that the pompey board is inept and taking them out of the football league.

Trust member not happy.

Follow that trail and you find another writer being attacked for claiming that the club is paying Chanrai quite a chunk every month for another four years, and that Robinson is getting over £100K a month.

He admits to getting some detail wrong but stands by the amounts.

If true it all looks a bit Admin V - the final frontier, as mentioned by GM.

Either way the locals are revolting.

I don't understand this whole twitter malarky :(

Who is smudge?

Who is mickwill?

Who is colinfarmery?

Who the hell is saying what to who in that twitter conversation?

#menounderstandit!

Paul Smith is an ex Sun and Mirror football correspondent.

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/other-bodies/football-writers/sun-signs-up-paul-smith-for-sunday-football-duty/

Mick Williams is a Pompey President and Colin Farmery is their PR consultant (yes, he really is)

To summarise, the trust presidents are a bunch of uncouth foul mouthed wannabees and will probably take PFC further down the football pyramid or do I read it wrong. I don't understand Twitter either but love reading the nutjobs who keep us updated.

Now I'm no land magnate/ property developer, but I'm not sure where or how you can buy 10 - 15 acres of land in PO and develop that land into multi surface pitches/ changing rooms, gym, offices etc for a few thousand £?

I think they're talking about scraping the rent together for the Uni of Portsmouth ground they're using.

-18? That will do nicely sir

Starting life in the sKrill Premier on -18 points? Ouch. :scared:

If so, I wonder if some of the phew would finally admit their cheating PL run, and FA cup win, weren't worth it? And would that be enough for Nick to feel that they haven't got away with it? :o

Starting life in the sKrill Premier on -18 points? Ouch. :scared:

If so, I wonder if some of the phew would finally admit their cheating PL run, and FA cup win, weren't worth it? And would that be enough for Nick to feel that they haven't got away with it? :o[/QUOTE]

I suspect a lot of us would answer "No" to both of your questions :lol::lol:

Quote from Barker in yet another fascinating Factless article justifying why one of there youngsters needs to go out on loan. Is this a bit of a subliminal message, preparing the fishy few for next season?

‘The Skrill Premier ........ has changed.

‘Ninety per cent of the clubs are full-time now so it’s just an extension of League Two.

‘You look at your Grimsbys, Lutons and Wrexhams, all those sort of teams. They are equally as big and as financially stable as most of the teams in League Two, there is not a lot in it.’

So, their youngsters aren't ready or good enough to play in the heady heights of League 2 but they'll be fine in the league below which is merely an extension of the league they're in.

Didn't take Barker long to pick up the nuances of Pompey logic then...

Quote from Barker in yet another fascinating Factless article justifying why one of there youngsters needs to go out on loan. Is this a bit of a subliminal message, preparing the fishy few for next season?

‘Ninety per cent of the clubs are full-time now so it’s just an extension of League Two.

‘You look at your Grimsbys, Lutons and Wrexhams, all those sort of teams. They are equally as big and as financially stable as most of the teams in League Two, there is not a lot in it.’

Beat me to it. Richie's just putting an insurance policy in place....

The fact they'll be winning more games and mounting a promotion push will mean they'll get bigger crowds and therefore more income after they go down as well.

At least, that's what they were saying at the start of this season... I'd assume they'll try the same trick again.

Question is, do we want Pompey to go down to Non League where they should comfortably survive and possibly thrive with record attendances etc and possibly regroup for a glorious return to League football (more honours on the board etc)?

Alternatively they survive and, hopefully, get stuck in League 2/ Div 4 for a few years with interest dwindling away.

I suppose if they went down to Non League and got a hefty points deduction and ended up doing a Stockport/Bradford PA/Workington/Boston or even a Maidstone this would be seen as the natural progression this side of the M27

Blaargh...vomit alert!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/alfie-8-buys-1-000-pompey-share-1-5821259

Alfie, aged 8, buys £1,000 Pompey share

They really are desperate to get extra cash in to prop up the 50% plus Trust holding.

If Alfie's parents had any sense they'd have put the £1,000 in a child ISA account and let it sit there for 18 years.

I'm confused. Didn't you have to be 16 to buy 'shares'? Not to mention the garage owner allowing an uninsured minor to work on the forecourt.

I see they have signed a centre back today... they're trying, I'll give them that. Still available at 11/1 to get relegated with Corals...

As for the standard of the Conference, Luton have been down there for 5 years despite having the biggest crowds by some distance. It is not an easy league to get out of, but they have to get into it first.

I think I'd like to see them eat humble pie in the Conference for a season or two, even with all the backing they could get from a sale to a legitimate buyer in a few years they're still only going to be one of 20 ex-Prem sides battling it out in the Championship at best from now on, they have no value, no potential and a bigger club siphoning off the floating fans around their catchment area by the second (and if it's not us, it's Brighton) :).

Rosy-cheeked urchin turns solitary brave tear into blue river of hope.

Old story regurgitated as part of desperate Trust PR campaign to raise funds before looming deadline in an effort to prevent presidents taking majority control. #notnews

I seem to recall his lovely-looking mother being linked to interesting political groups last time this story was published?....

Rosy-cheeked urchin turns solitary brave tear into blue river of hope.

Old story regurgitated as part of desperate Trust PR campaign to raise funds before looming deadline in an effort to prevent presidents taking majority control. #notnews

I seem to recall his lovely-looking mother being linked to interesting political groups last time this story was published?....

Mail86.jpg

You made me google this and look what i found, you should be ashamed of yourself!

I'd like to see them in the Conference for about 20 years. And hopefully banned from playing in Hampshire for a while for good measure too.

£150M wasn't it? How much did Newport go under for?

Just under £400k. They had Darren Peacock in the team at the time too, who was transferred for £2m to Newcastle within 3 years.

‘I was born the day after Pompey beat Southampton 4-1 and that’s why I support them.

No it wasn't. You weren't old enough to recognise what football was for quite some time after you were born. And a damned good thing that you weren't born on 14th November 2004 or 29th January 2005, as by that reasoning you would have been a Saints fan, they having beaten you twice already that season.

The reason that you support the Skates is plain. One only has to look at the slag who is your mother to realise that since you were born, you have probably been wearing Skate pyjamas, sleeping under a Skate duvet, looking at Skate wallpaper and listening to your family bad-mouthing those f*cking Scummahs.

I know that it is far too much to expect, but if he had more intelligence, he would realise that in the majority of the few short years of his life, the Skates were in the same division as us when he was born, but then fell two divisions. But then we climbed back to the Premiership by the time he was 7 whilst they had changed places with us in the third division and now a year later they are in the fourth division whilst we continue to climb even higher in the top flight. I suppose the poor mite can console himself that there was another occasion afterwards when they also beat us 4-1, even though they were two divisions above us, but he must also grow up eventually facing the prospect that the chances are that they will never again be above us in his lifetime. But like most Skates, he will be able to console himself that they beat us 4-1 in the ever increasingly dim and distant past.

Blaargh...vomit alert!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/alfie-8-buys-1-000-pompey-share-1-5821259

Alfie, aged 8, buys £1,000 Pompey share

So, not content with f*cking over charities, they've now resorted to child labour... is there anyone else who feels uncomfortable with this, even leaving aside the fact that it's Pompey?

This. This is why I hate them. Any decent club would hesitate before taking £1,000 from a child. They brag about it in the local paper.

We were all that age once!.....though I don't recall me and my brother being used as media tools to attack religions with fabricated BNP-supported claims, or as poster boys for misleading PR campaigns for the extraction of cash from the community.

But it was a long time ago so I may have forgotten.:)

Either way, the cheeky little pluckster is old enough to know not to chuck a grand down a black hole!