Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1260351/How-Portsmouth-player-window-We-look-players-grabs-Fratton-Park-super-sale.html?ITO=1490

Very generous valuations in the Mail IMO. Does anyone really think Utaka is worth £4-5m? And James at £1m for a 40 yr-old? Injury-prone KP Boetang for a mere £4m?

James & Utaka are out of contract at the end of the season.

I think the PL know exactly what they're doing here. They have to be seen to be helping out. Of course they do.

AA's confidence that they will immediately attract bids and, therefore, vital cashflow is, IMHO, widly misplaced.

the deals would be to sell players now, then they will be loaned back to us until the end of the season

That's right AA, of course they will. You've obviously got intimate knowledge of every PL boardroom and manager's office. Surely they must be queueing up to give you hard cash (precious cash, in the current climate) only to sit back and watch an already doomed club reap the benefits for the rest of the season.

In fact, thinking this through, I can think of only one club who would consider such a preposterous idea.

They play in blue.

They play football in a s h i t h o l e.

They are already relegated.

More clues available on request.

CHEATS

Yes but for your million quid you get the pleasure of letting James carry on playing for P*mpey, this season. Bargain!!

Ah, but do you get to pay his wages for the remainder of the season?

I want to properly ripped off, I don't want it done half-arsed.

:D £1m for James whose contract runs out at the end of season and wouldn't be allowed to play until next season.

Isn't there something about being allowed to sign a pre-contract for someone else within 6 months of the end of your current contract?

Did James drop the clause in his current contract about an automatic one year extension, or was it just foregoing a pay rise?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1260351/How-Portsmouth-player-window-We-look-players-grabs-Fratton-Park-super-sale.html?ITO=1490

Very generous valuations in the Mail IMO. Does anyone really think Utaka is worth £4-5m? And James at £1m for a 40 yr-old? Injury-prone KP Boetang for a mere £4m?

James is out of contract at the end of the season, why would anyone buy him now for 1-million. Tommy Smith is a CCC journeyman at best so probably only worth 300,000 to 0.5-mill at best. Boetang probably worth about 2-mill max & he is out on a long term injury.

PMSL at this one

Andronikou told Soccernet: "The major assets of this football club are the supporters who pay to watch their team, and then comes the players. My job is to maximise both.

Well thats not going to do much for the attendance tonight, AA's gonna sell the 'best fans in the world'. :D

I thought James was a free agent in a couple of months? Who is going to pay £1m now?

If Pompey get liquidated then all of the players will be free agents.

Can't see anyone spending much. They already sold Begovic in a similar manner, he'd played for two clubs this season so Stoke signed him knowing he couldn't play for them this season. Did they loan him back to Pompey? No they've stuck him in the ressies. Even then they only got decent money for Begovic because he had a great run of form leading up to the last transfer window which meant several clubs were interested.

I think Storrie is earning his consultancy fee solely for his ability to get his patsy at ESPN (probably his neice or sister) to print such drivel as the £30 million they are going to raise from player sales.

Either Andy Android is deluded (possibly) or it is more window-dressing for the fire-giveaway.

You can hear old Andy A out there in his Dell-boy hat, even as we sit by our screens -

Any player you want for free, squire, as long as you pay their wages to the end of June. No takers, any player you want for free and all you have to do is pay half their wages to June. A quarter, even. Go on, it's a bargain. Okay, we'll chuck in a couple of the youth squad for free - house-trained and obedient, your wife will love them. And how about a voucher for an exclusive little club in Horton Heath...

No, still no takers. Look at them, all those poor footballers looking for a home. Then Alexander Arnstrong removes his Andy Android mask (AA - AA, bit of a co-incidence, eh?) and says very slowly

Kill them...

And Mr Chainrai's problems have been halved in an instant.

On the Guardian match blog by Barry Glendenning, for the West Ham - Wolves game:

"If Harry Redknapp was doing the same thing with Wolves, his many fawning acolytes in the press pack would be falling over themselves to insert their tongues in his rectum. What's more, the chances are that Wolves won't be a smouldering financial wreck when Mick [McCarthy] walks away."

Hmm, people are becoming a lot more open in their comments...

Because Sunderland weren't a financial wreck after he left.

:D £1m for James whose contract runs out at the end of season and wouldn't be allowed to play until next season.

Well that's gonna be a simple one, Spuds will buy all their players obviously.

Unless the wrong agent with his dodgy Mercedes was arrested in France of course:cool:

So they value Tommy Smith the same as Mr Richard Lambert do they?

Next stop Deluded Central - mind the widening gap between reality and Fratton.

Has AA tried to sell O'Hara yet? Harry won't be pleased, unless he gets a cut.

In future if I ever feel low I shall just recall the gem - 'The club hope to raise almost £30 million in player sales' and the world will fill with laughter once again.

Not much word from Avram on the mass clearout, maybe he'll be able to rebuild from the lower leagues, I hear he's keen to splash out on local youngsters.

(second airing for a top joke!)

The Quay mentioned a strong rumour that with no other genuine interested parties Chanrai is negotiating to buy the club from the administrator.

He he, now that's a shocker...

Wonder if AA is simply not answering any phone calls to make it look like there is no other interest.