Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have I missed something here, I thought you could sell players at any time but you could only buy players when the window was open. Hence Pompey could already sell players to clubs in Russia or Ukraine for example, but not to any English clubs.

No because the window is a FIFA ruling. In theory they could sell them but nobody could buy them. This ruling allows other PL teams to buy their players for next season but not play them. The PL has stated that selling to anyone outside the PL is subject to FIFA approval and they might not be so flexible.

As I see it, you can sell players but you can't sign them, unless it is classed as an 'emergency' and is with the permission of the Premier League. That means that the club taking over the player would also be signing outside the window, even if the same player were loaned straight back.

English Conference clubs are not bound by the window system ;)

Wrong conference national ARE bound by the window system, the leagues below are not

I am not suprised at the PL agreeing to this. My concern about this is it purely for the blue view or will they afford the same offer to the like of hull

et al. It would suprise me if the PL reinstated their 9 points in due course and possibly give them a bonus of 6 points to make sure they stay in the PL.

Afterall the skates have the best and most loyal set of fans in the world. And their ground is one of the most modern in the world thus making the emirates and wembley stadiums looked like a derelict ground.

Come on PL show some balls, the blue slime and android have more than pulled the wool over your eyes. They have blatently decieved you , surely you can see that?

Its academical now anyway, who would buy any Pompy players? The only quality they have, have been loaned in, so aren't Pompy players. And the rest are p*ss poor..thats why they are bottom of the Prem, even without the minus 9.

I wonder how close they came to being suspended from the league, and what undertakings they have agreed to ?

"In accordance with Premier League rules, postponement of the suspension of Portsmouth FC as a member club was conditional on a number of undertakings being given by the administrators".

so pompey can sell players and loan them straight back for the rest of the season, surely there is one impact your forgetting... is there not a limit on the number of loans you can have in a match day squad? or are they going to wave this rule for the cheating skates!

It's bull**** that they've been given leway. **** them, give them the deduction enxt year, etc. ****es me off how other clubs are given little help and some are allowed to die, when Pompey are given reprieves. So what if they're in the top flight? Should mean they're treated more harshly, not less so. Bull ****.

It's bull**** that they've been given leway. **** them, give them the deduction enxt year, etc. ****es me off how other clubs are given little help and some are allowed to die, when Pompey are given reprieves. So what if they're in the top flight? Should mean they're treated more harshly, not less so. Bull ****.

Seems to me the PL have done some nifty footwork to avoid the accusation that they killed Pompey by not allowing sales. If the sales are allowed and dont raise enough to cover their cashflow needs till the end of the season it makes clear it is Pompeys mismanagement not the PL's. Besides the PL seem to have extracted a price for this support. Wonder what it is.

Edited by buctootim

Just more evidence, if any were needed, as to how fooooked they are!

Exactly - this is not a good thing for them.

It will raise next to nothing and is a sign that Chanrai has presumably told the administrator that the amount of funds available needs supplementing by reductions to the wage bill and/or incoming fees.

They don't own any players other than David James who would get into a mid-table Premier League side and the other teams at the bottom aren't going to be shelling out now for a player who can't join for a few months.

If anything happens I expect it will be a few foreign players going to foreign clubs for a massive discount.

Why are posters so upset. They sell players and loan them back to complete their relegation. Then they go, weakening the side for next season. The money raised is to pay off creditors not for the advantage of PFC.

A buyer coming in has no money from the sales, no decent players and no CVA because whatever they sell it will not give the unsecure creditors like HMRC the 100% they want.

Smile...it is all going to plan

why buy a player now if you can't play him till next season?

And why buy a player now that you could have bought in the window?

The only reason any club would buy now, under those conditions, would be if they we getting a player at a stupidly low price. As a few others have said on here, it just shows how desperate their situation is and that it looks like they are a long way from finding a buyer.

It's good news for the Blue Few in that it might keep their club running, bad news in that it means they are even more ****ed next season, if there is one.

Why are posters so upset. They sell players and loan them back to complete their relegation. Then they go, weakening the side for next season. The money raised is to pay off creditors not for the advantage of PFC.

A buyer coming in has no money from the sales, no decent players and no CVA because whatever they sell it will not give the unsecure creditors like HMRC the 100% they want.

Exactly.

Yes, exactly! :)

It's good news for the Blue Few in that it might keep their club running, bad news in that it means they are even more ****ed next season, if there is one.

It is really looking like a case of 'find a buyer or get wound up'

Though it doesn't help a sinking ship much, if they have altered rules mid season the Prem has dropped a clanger.

Palace could have been saved by that one player sale that was mid-completion when the rug was pulled.

We could have taken a million for Rasiak or Saga or both, if given the opportunity, and we could have stumbled on.

Other clubs have been left to rot with no special favours.

So if they give any club assistance by bending rules it shows clearly that the Premier League is no longer related to the Football League and is run under a different set of values.

And before any dim person points out that they are two different competitions, yes we know that, but there must be continuity or you might as well have teams promoted from the F1 constructor's championship or the national ping pong alliance to the Premier League - the game must be the same if you have relegation and promotion between them.

If this half-baked approach continues the FA should seek clarity from the two different competitions and see if they can still work together.

If not, the Prem can break away and people can pay to view Wigan v Stoke for the rest of their lives with no relegation from this 'elite'.

If the big three want to breakaway for more cash let them - they can play each other ten times a year and call it a season.

There comes a time when a line has to be drawn.

It's time to bring some discipline and continuity back into the four divisions - adjoining divisions with very different rules doesn't work.

Though it doesn't help a sinking ship much, if they have altered rules mid season the Prem has dropped a clanger.

Palace could have been saved by that one player sale that was mid-completion when the rug was pulled.

We could have taken a million for Rasiak or Saga or both, if given the opportunity, and we could have stumbled on.

Other clubs have been left to rot with no special favours.

So if they give any club assistance by bending rules it shows clearly that the Premier League is no longer related to the Football League and is run under a different set of values.

And before any dim person points out that they are two different competitions, yes we know that, but there must be continuity or you might as well have teams promoted from the F1 constructor's championship or the national ping pong alliance to the Premier League - the game must be the same if you have relegation and promotion between them.

If this half-baked approach continues the FA should seek clarity from the two different competitions and see if they can still work together.

If not, the Prem can break away and people can pay to view Wigan v Stoke for the rest of their lives with no relegation from this 'elite'.

If the big three want to breakaway for more cash let them - they can play each other ten times a year and call it a season.

It's time to bring some discipline and continuity back into the four divisions - adjoining divisions with very different rules doesn't work.

Yes, on the wider scale I agree with you completely.

Still, pleased about the PFC situation!

I actually think this transfer window thing is bloody good news - the only way anyone would by one of their players now is for pennies, ie too good a deal to miss. In fact it might even be a case of merely getting the wages off the books.

For example they all reckon Belhadj is worth £2-3 million. He is also likely to be a big earner. So someone, eg Celtic, come in and offer £200k cash and agree to pay his wages till the end of June, how can Andy Android refuse? They get half a mill now, not £3 mill in July.

It's beautiful.

All the Prem have ever cared about is not messing up the league this season. What happens after that is of no interest to them.

From the article in The News:

It was a second piece of good news at Fratton Park yesterday, after five training ground staff were re-instated thanks to the generosity of the team's players, who struck an agreement with administrators to bring them back for the remainder of the season.

They, along with manager Avram Grant and other backroom staff, will contribute towards the wages of long-serving training ground manager Tug Wilson, assistant kit manager Clarke Denford, masseur Warwick Harvey, performance analyst Garvan Stewart and kit helper Mary Butcher.

The players' PFA representative Hermann Hreidarsson said:
'Everyone is part of the team here
and we wanted to help. It was the least we could do.'

So will they be on the bench, or straight into the starting line up?

I actually think this transfer window thing is bloody good news - the only way anyone would by one of their players now is for pennies, ie too good a deal to miss. In fact it might even be a case of merely getting the wages off the books.

For example they all reckon Belhadj is worth £2-3 million. He is also likely to be a big earner. So someone, eg Celtic, come in and offer £200k cash and agree to pay his wages till the end of June, how can Andy Android refuse? They get half a mill now, not £3 mill in July.

It's beautiful.

All the Prem have ever cared about is not messing up the league this season. What happens after that is of no interest to them.

A well made point.

I'm a Chelsea supporter tonight. Never thought I'd say that!

It's beautiful.

Perhaps AA has not got the funds in place to pay the wages after all and in the talks with the PL/FA it was noted that htis was a way to get funds.

Who would have thought that such a cunning plan hatched over a few beers in Dock Gate 19 by the forum boys could have worked out so well (allegedly) ;)

Where next shall we set our sights? Should we stick to football or should we set our sites higher? Why not Greece? should solve the Elgin Marbles Problem once and for all and give us all discounts on our summer hols.

Alright I was joking, (just) but Forum II afters will be a fun chance to all sit down and review the past year

Perhaps AA has not got the funds in place to pay the wages after all and in the talks with the PL/FA it was noted that this was a way to get funds.

I would say that with Androids last few quotes that it is blatantly obvious that he needs funds in inside the next week to pay wages. I have a feeling that he will not get what he wants, & clubs will not buy until the summer.

PMSL Android just on Sky Sports news, all the peices are starting to drop into place now :D

.......Other clubs have been left to rot with no special favours.

It certainly doesn't help, when the chairman of the PL, is also the vice chairman of the FA, who also happens to be the man who introduced Storrie to Poor smouth, and had a hand in Comical Al ending up there. Now ask yourself, is that a conflict of interest?

Android is seriously deluded if he thinks he can raise £20/30 million from player sales. Especially given the facts that the buying clubs will have to pay them but are unable to play them until next season and they also know how desperate P****y are to sell and get them off their own wage bill.

My first reaction was to think that whoever sanctioned this bottled it completely. Why should P*mpey be allowed to sell players outside of the window now with potential buyers lined up when they were refused in February when nobody was really interested? It doesn't make sense. Besides, even if P*mpey sold their entire playing squad, worth about £23m, it would only keep the wolves from the door for so long. A large chunk of that money would be given to other clubs, another huge chunk to creditors, and the club would gain little or no money whatsoever from the sales. The wage bill would decrease, yes, but the club needs money to run, i'm sure the creditors could be kept at bay for a bit.

I think that there will be very little interest in their players, at the moment anyway.

Lets look at this logically, most of their players will only be attractive to the bottom clubs in the premier league, or league's below. And how many of them are going to help Poopey out? Lets be clear several of the clubs like Burnley Hull Wolves ect couldn't get players as Poopey offered more to players they wanted, are they going to help Poopey out I think not.

Oh my god they've just been talking about the Pink & maroon protest(about what?) they asked a caravan dweller with a scarf on what it was about he dithered & said he thought it was the original colours but didn't know but was told it was & they were protesting to get the club back where it belongs LOL. Does he not realise they are well on their way to where they belong.

It certainly doesn't help, when the chairman of the PL, is also the vice chairman of the FA, who also happens to be the man who introduced Storrie to Poor smouth, and had a hand in Comical Al ending up there. Now ask yourself, is that a conflict of interest?

Isn't one of the reasons the CE of the FA resigned the internecine wars between the 3 governing bodies - the PL, the FL and the FA?

AA one monet is saying there will be hundreds if not thousands of players released and then they will get fees for his players

Exactly. Complete contradiction. As everyone has said nobody is going to want to buy now, partly because a lot of managers may leave, be sacked at the end of the season.

But I think the transfer market will be very flat over the summer. I think we will be going back to the days when you have to be pretty good to get over £1m.

Isn't one of the reasons the CE of the FA resigned the internecine wars between the 3 governing bodies - the PL, the FL and the FA?

For those of us wondering I had to google internecine - means mutually destructive.

An educational pasttime - SWF. :D

IOh my god they've just been talking about the Pink & maroon protest(about what?) they asked a caravan dweller with a scarf on what it was about he dithered & said he thought it was the original colours but didn't know but was told it was & they were protesting to get the club back where it belongs LOL. Does he not realise they are well on their way to where they belong.

Protesting to whom exactly.??

They are mental , sooner the club dies the better.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1260351/How-Portsmouth-player-window-We-look-players-grabs-Fratton-Park-super-sale.html?ITO=1490

Very generous valuations in the Mail IMO. Does anyone really think Utaka is worth £4-5m? And James at £1m for a 40 yr-old? Injury-prone KP Boetang for a mere £4m?

I thought James was a free agent in a couple of months? Who is going to pay £1m now?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1260351/How-Portsmouth-player-window-We-look-players-grabs-Fratton-Park-super-sale.html?ITO=1490

Very generous valuations in the Mail IMO. Does anyone really think Utaka is worth £4-5m? And James at £1m for a 40 yr-old? Injury-prone KP Boetang for a mere £4m?

Based on Storrieteller's valuations rather than Vantis' no doubt.

:D £1m for James whose contract runs out at the end of season and wouldn't be allowed to play until next season.