Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Will Chanrai be paying the wages?

Also what exactly are the costs of Administration? i.e paying Mr Andrew but what else? Electricity/gas/water etc? Or would that be covered by the day-to-day running costs of the company?

Everything that AA continues to use, he has to pay for be it players wages, the rental of the photocopying machine or the milk man.

PompyPride - not allowing a level playing field? Or challenge that Chelsea shouldn't be allowed to play Drogba?

... restraining Portsmouth from playing in the premier league, because we invoked administration under the insolvency company act is .. an unreasonably restraint, stoping us trading and playing in the premier league.

who man united or Chelsea choose to play has nothing to do with this fundamental freedom which is to act within company law by protecting the company and giving it time to re-structure its debts and survive a winding up petition.

You know what, I'd keep schtum about "company law" if I were you. I'm not sure your scu mmy little club has got the moral high ground here.

Everything that AA continues to use, he has to pay for be it players wages, the rental of the photocopying machine or the milk man.

If the wages are late again (and who's going to pay them?) will they get further fines for any such new offense? If they can't pay their fines perhaps that will then convert to points penalties (or they will be wound up by then :D).

If the wages are late again (and who's going to pay them?) will they get further fines for any such new offense? If they can't pay their fines perhaps that will then convert to points penalties (or they will be wound up by then :D).

At a point per £...

17 West Ham 27

18 Burnley 24

19 Hull 24

20 Portsmouth -9,999,987o.gif

:D

Edited by Clapham Saint

At a point per £...

17 West Ham 27

18 Burnley 24

19 Hull 24

20 Portsmouth -9,999,987o.gif

:D

Iassume that AA(his company) is responsible for the wages if Chanrai doesnt cough up?

Vantis priced themselves out of being the administrator, there must be good reason for that I assume.

Iassume that AA(his company) is responsible for the wages if Chanrai doesnt cough up? If he can't fund them from elsewhere... yes.

Vantis priced themselves out of being the administrator, there must be good reason for that I assume. Did they price themselves out? :smt102

It was widely reported that that was the case.

It was also suggested that it was highly unusual that a company would be as heavily involved as to produce a statement of affairs and then *not* be the appointed administrator.

I imagine, with their inside knowledge following the SoA, Vantis priced in the risk and this resulted in their fee being unusually high.

My fave....

Entitled 'I thought the Premier League were idiots....'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65341046

Ahem. Do not bite the hand that feeds......

Brilliant.. my favourite comment

They are the rules, but they beggar belief. The fact that the PL held money back that could have been used to pay the HMRC and hence possibly avoid administration, then come back for another £Mil just goes to show the level of contribution that the PL have made to this mess.

Yes, if the PL had paid you your money then it would have all been okay & you would have paid the taxman... yeah right!!! That money would have been straight into Chainrai's account and gone before you knew it even existed. Laughable.

To be fair, he then does say 'not to take the blame from Pompey' even though it sounds like he is!! :rolleyes:

Just picked up some interesting information. Apparently, despite a BBC analysis showing that Pompey could expect to receive £26m in outstanding transfer fees over the coming two years, UHC Hacker Young are putting the figure at £0.5m.

Let's face it, the club is worth the square root of f*** all and no-one outside an asylum will buy them....

PompyPride - not allowing a level playing field? Or challenge that Chelsea shouldn't be allowed to play Drogba?

... restraining Portsmouth from playing in the premier league, because we invoked administration under the insolvency company act is .. an unreasonably restraint, stoping us trading and playing in the premier league.

who man united or Chelsea choose to play has nothing to do with this fundamental freedom which is to act within company law by protecting the company and giving it time to re-structure its debts and survive a winding up petition.

You know what, I'd keep schtum about "company law" if I were you. I'm not sure your scu mmy little club has got the moral high ground here.

What about our restraint of trade of playing in the Premier League, can we object, we only had the least points in the league, still does not mean they should have kicked us out, boo hoo its not fair blah blah blah :)

Oh goody, we could join;)

Perhaps the PL should have another rule change for next season. They could start with, all PL clubs must be debt free, must be able to provide proof of working funds of £75,000,000 at any time the PL asks during the season. Any teams, present and future must be able to comply with these terms, if not they cannot be in, or join the PL league. Of course this could not happen, because there would only be a couple of teams left in the PL.

Play up Pompey

My fave....

Entitled 'I thought the Premier League were idiots....'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A65341046

You can almost hear some of them standing before the magistrate saying - 'It's not my fault I nicked his car radio. It is his fault for leaving the car unlocked to tempt me.'

They really are some of the most retarded people ever to bang one finger on a keyboard.

That is just phenomenally naive, I can't quite credit that even now they still don't see that its all at their own door. We've cheated been found out but its not our fault ROTFPMSL. funny as F**k that they are quoting company law, when have their s**ty club ever bothered for the last few years with Company Law.

Oh my god I've said it before & I'm forced to say it again, the blue few's delusions no know bounds do they. They continue to cheat their fellow relegation threatened PL cubs, by continuing to play players they should not have, & are unable to pay. But they continue to BLEAT like stuck pigs that all rules should not apply to them. And should therefore be dropped allow them to stay in the premier league.

FA chairman resigned "grown frustrated in the position" ... can we blame Pompey?

Not yet but there is a recently resigned CEO who is steeped in football experience & who is available to step straight into the breach. Just not sure he'd drop his wage demands for the FA. He also has some interesting Idea's for the Fit & proper persons test. :D

Just picked up some interesting information. Apparently, despite a BBC analysis showing that Pompey could expect to receive £26m in outstanding transfer fees over the coming two years, UHC Hacker Young are putting the figure at £0.5m.

Let's face it, the club is worth the square root of f*** all and no-one outside an asylum will buy them....

Their players are basically cr*p, which is why they are bottom of the PL.

Therefore they are not worth anything to a Prem team.

They might be fine at CCC level,

but....

Nobody outside the Prem, and the top few teams in Europe, has money to spend on transfer fees any more. So while someone like Belhadj or Boateng might be 'worth' £5million, finding a buyer is another matter. And that ignores the fact that they are on contracts paying five or ten times what anyone outside the Prem could pay.

I actually think that if Mr Android could clear their entire playing squad to start again at zero cost to the club/creditors, he would deserve a Storrie-sized bonus.

Their players are basically cr*p, which is why they are bottom of the PL.

Therefore they are not worth anything to a Prem team.

They might be fine at CCC level,

but....

Nobody outside the Prem, and the top few teams in Europe, has money to spend on transfer fees any more. So while someone like Belhadj or Boateng might be 'worth' £5million, finding a buyer is another matter. And that ignores the fact that they are on contracts paying five or ten times what anyone outside the Prem could pay.

I actually think that if Mr Android could clear their entire playing squad to start again at zero cost to the club/creditors, he would deserve a Storrie-sized bonus.

Their best player is Ohara by a long way and he isn't a Pompey player.Why HR hasn't recalled him to toughen their midfield is a surprise...ohh Edited by OldNick

Their best player is Ohara by a long way and he is a Pompey player.Why HR hasn't recalled him to toughen their midfield is a surprise...ohh

I think you'll find he isn't a Poopey player, and I don't think Spuds can recall him unless the terms of his loan allows it

FA chairman resigned "grown frustrated in the position" ... can we blame Pompey?

Just heard on Talksport that they understand it was his frustration at dealing with Dave Richards that has caused the problems - remind me who was from the PL that introduced at least one of the skint arabs? If true (on both counts) sounds like Mr Richards has a few questions to answer.

Rumoured on the BBC gossip was that Roma & Celtic, according to the Mail, was going to bid for Belhadj , thought to be available for £2m - didn't have a link with it & I couldn't find it at the time on the Mail website so not sure how much truth there is but £2m sounds closer the mark in their situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8579283.stm

Rumoured on the BBC gossip was that Roma & Celtic, according to the Mail, was going to bid for Belhadj , thought to be available for £2m - didn't have a link with it & I couldn't find it at the time on the Mail website so not sure how much truth there is but £2m sounds closer the mark in their situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/8579283.stm

My point exactly - he is probably their single most marketable asset. Players like Mullins, Utaka etc are almost unsaleable with their wages.

Those that are not out of contract will have to be paid off or loaned out with Poopey covering some of the cost. Belhadj's transfer fee would barely cover Utaka's wages till the start of next season

Kanu and James are out of contract and therefore have no transfer value

O'Hara, Dindane, Piquonnie, Owusu and Yebda are all on loan so they have no real transfer value to Pompey

Boateng and Belhadji are really the only players they have on contract who have any real transfer value

And they are probably only £2-3 million each given the state of the club (the vultures are circling)

Utaka's wages are far too high - so he'll probably have to go on a free transfer if they can give him away

Mullins, Webber, Diop, Ben Haim, Smith, Wilson et al are either all past it or Championship standard players so at best a couple of hundred grand each

they'll be lucky to raise £10 million from what's left of their squad in the summer - all the big boys have already left

O'Hara, Dindane, Piquonnie, Owusu and Yebda are all on loan so they have no real transfer value to Pompey

Boateng and Belhadji are really the only players they have on contract who have any real transfer value

And they are probably only £2-3 million each given the state of the club (the vultures are circling)

Utaka's wages are far too high - so he'll probably have to go on a free transfer if they can give him away

Mullins, Webber, Diop, Ben Haim, Smith, Wilson et al are either all past it or Championship standard players so at best a couple of hundred grand each

they'll be lucky to raise £10 million from what's left of their squad in the summer - all the big boys have already left

They seriously won't raise that much. Boateng is a nutter (& a highly paid one) If they can get the likes of him, Brown, Mullins, Diop, Ben Haim etc off the payroll without it costing them anything it will be a major success.

Just keep thinking Rasiak

Don't forget, PCFC probably haven't paid in full for them yet - about £4 million each. How much of those transfer fees remain outstanding?

Don't forget, PCFC probably haven't paid in full for them yet - about £4 million each. How much of those transfer fees remain outstanding?

Also not forgetting that one or two people might be due their cut of the transfer fee!!

Mike Hall on pompey-fans (extracts):

On Saturday we had our second meeting with the administrators. Some of the more optimistic hopes we had built on recent media reports of progress in investigations and moves towards new ownership for the club were dashed.

* Lets start with outstanding transfer fees. A BBC analysis showed Pompey would expect to receive £26m in outstanding transfer fees over the coming two years.

- UHC Hacker Young put the figure at £0.5m...

* The BBC claimed:

buried in the subtext of Tuesday's deal between HMRC and Chainrai/Andronikou was some devilish detail: the taxman is reserving the right to challenge Chainrai's secured status ("that may have to be decided by a court at a later date", as Gregory Mitchell QC so expensively put it).

- Kiely disputed this and said that HMRC had accepted the debenture in full. Who is right?

* The News said [12 March]:

Pompey's administrator is to investigate payments made between the club and a London law firm which employed former director Mark Jacob.

Andrew Andronikou said he has two members of staff investigating transactions between Pompey and law firm Fuglers between October last year and January.

He said the payments were 'unexplained' and that he was duty bound to investigate them.

Asked why Fuglers transactions were being looked at, Mr Andronikou said: 'It's unexplained.'

'We're in the process now today of beginning our review of what has gone through that account (Fuglers).

'I have assigned two members of my staff to start reviewing transactions.'

- So it came as a surprise to hear that no investigation has started, that there are no forensic accountants and Kiely was seemingly unaware the money was missing...

* Meanwhile Mr Andronikou said [News, 10 March] 'more than a dozen' parties have expressed an interest in buying Pompey.

Of those, two have provided proof of funds. However the administrators have asked for more information.

So again it came as a surprise to hear Kiely say no-one had provided proof of funds.

Sorry Rebel you are all over the place mate - Storrie said the squad value was about

£38M, and he should know as he's been fecking up football clubs for two decades.

or was that just the figure he came up with when working out his percentage?......

And as for Leslau - a fortune worth £200M? - is he looking to lose all of it in one hit? - they need a billionaire not a millionaire.

Diop and Ben Haim will be on big wages so they will do well to give them away without making a loss. They didn't go to pompey from Man City and Fulham because they like the smell of fish.

Mike Hall on pompey-fans (extracts):

* Lets start with outstanding transfer fees. A BBC analysis showed Pompey would expect to receive £26m in outstanding transfer fees over the coming two years.

- UHC Hacker Young put the figure at £0.5m...

Guess that pompey have either done some walcott type deals to get less money early on the outstanding transfers or they have already borrowed against the transfer payments?

this is guy taking them over according to their forums:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Leslau

Interesting that he is a part owner of Saracens rugby club - they are highly influenced by South Africans at the moment - lots of players & their head coach is a Saffer. Having said that they are amongst the most boring of teams in the Guiness Premiership to watch.

Mind you, he's done a bit of charity work for the under-privileged so maybe he just see's Pompey as an extension of that!!

On another matter, had the radio on listening to the Danny Kelly show on Talksport and they had a Telegraph journalist on there (Kevin Garside I think his name was) who I thought said that Al-Fahim had stated that he'd made £45m profit from his time in charge of Pompey. Did anyone else hear that? It was a slight casteaway comment like it didn't matter. I did email the show but they were too busy talking about the late Harry Carpenter.

Edited by Gorgiesaint
Journo from the Telegraph not the Times & spelt his name wrong!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})