Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

On another matter, had the radio on listening to the Danny Kelly show on Talksport and they had a Telegraph journalist on there (Kevin Garside I think his name was) who I thought said that Al-Fahim had stated that he'd made £45m profit from his time in charge of Pompey. Did anyone else hear that? It was a slight casteaway comment like it didn't matter. I did email the show but they were too busy talking about the late Harry Carpenter.

Only piece I can find that supports that Al-Fahiim made a profit is this very small piece in this article - under loser of the week (Al-Faraj).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/middlesbrough/6433173/Middlesbrough-job-did-Gareth-Southgate-few-favours.html

Football. Leaving aside the dubious motives of the this week’s fit and proper owner of Portsmouth, Ali al-Faraj, the comments of the previous incumbent, Sulaiman al-Fahim, betray the state the club and the game are in. “It’s a profitable investment for me with the result I got after selling 90 per cent of the club.” Fahim was the owner for just 90 days.

Now I thought he gave 90% of his investment away but it appears not.

Everything that AA continues to use, he has to pay for be it players wages, the rental of the photocopying machine or the milk man.

Not if he does a runner first! :D

Having said that, an honourable, above-board, respectable, administrator would never do that.

oh .......

Wealth £200m - using the 10% rule (max risk of gambling money) that is £20m Not enough to cause anything but a continued stutter for the club.

So using that rule, although there are obviously varying figures of what they owe, they are likely to need someone with at least 600-700million pounds, just to clear their debt.

So while someone like Belhadj or Boateng might be 'worth' £5million, finding a buyer is another matter.

despite the denials Boateng did go awol, actually has he even returned yet? Pompey will happily let him go for next to nothing.

I am actually going to be cheering ( sarcasticly ) on P*mpey for the next few games... nothing would please me more than them to finish within 8 points of safety. :-)

christ, the last thing we want is them bleationg for the next 100 years about them only being relegated beacuse of the premier league point deduction. I'd much prefer they went down even without the deduction.

christ, the last thing we want is them bleationg for the next 100 years about them only being relegated beacuse of the premier league point deduction. I'd much prefer they went down even without the deduction.

Exactly...saw a mention from O'Hara saying that the outcome of their meeting with Grant was that their 'aim' for the rest of the season was....

'To finish within 9 pts of the drop so we can prove we would have stayed up but for the points deduction - this will show the Premier League'..

Christ...looks like he's absorbed the IQ of his girlfriend then.

Get over it FFS.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11674_6049269,00.html

AA thinks he will have the CVA agreed before the June deadline. Plus obviously no one about to immediately buy the club as:

He added: "We are taking things slowly to ensure we find the right people. It could be another six weeks or so before anything is decided."

Regardless of their finances, this is a big ask for what is just over 9 weeks. One false move with a tyre kicker could sink them forever.

Once you start talking past minus 15, you have to consider another releagtion is likely.

They have 9 weeks to find a buyer for something that is massively in debt and still burning money, fundementally broken in all aspects of the business, little or no infrastructue and dependant on a third party selling land (For the offices as a minimum) in order to trade.

If I was aa i wouldn't be taking my time, I would be running around like a like arse fly.

It makes you wonder as to whether Phils theory that some of the people involved are better off with club going bust, has more validity, than some of us originally thought

A little bit more in the Guardian's Digger column:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/mar/23/portsmouth-balram-chainrai-tv-money

I especially like the bit about Storrie - second section - and particularly the last line:

"Sources at both the Department of Culture, Media and Sport and Gloucester Place confirmed yesterday that it was fair to assume that he should not stand by his phone."

Story in The Sun today about big drug busts in France, with finances linked to Premier League transfers/bungs.

I thought it would be at home in this thread.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2902205/Drugs-ring-bust-linked-to-Prem-league.html

Hmmmm that story will run and run.

Another way to look at it would be "Another Possible Poopey Owner hits minor legal snag"

Proof of funds? Come n 'ave a look in the back of the motor me old son

Hmmmm that story will run and run.

Another way to look at it would be "Another Possible Poopey Owner hits minor legal snag"

Proof of funds? Come n 'ave a look in the back of the motor me old son

Doesn't Willie McKay live in France. He's one of 'Arrys favourite agents isn't he.....

Sadly I fear Pompey won't be implicated in the drugs trade, their controllers are too busy maiming children with landmines, selling machine guns to terrorists and laundering filthy cash.

There are only so many days in the week and your core businesses have to take priority.

It would be funny though if the little Fratton gang's offences escalated sharply from tax evasion to drug running.

Have we sorted that extradition treaty with Hayling yet?

Doesn't Willie McKay live in France. He's one of 'Arrys favourite agents isn't he.....

Monaco...

Here's the FIFA list for France for us to trawl through...

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/administration/playersagents/association=fra.html

Oh and the English one....haha

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/administration/playersagents/association=eng.html

It looks like one of the skates sees the truth now:

http://mypompey.com/blogs/goldenboot/archive/2010/03/21/boot-portsmouth-find-legal-loophole-to-stay-in-premier-league.aspx

'' PompyPride wrote re: LegalBoot:Portsmouth to issue injunction and test restraint of trade to stay in Premier League?

on Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:57 AM

why havent the loanees gone back?

why havent the highest earning players been released?

why havent the fat from the squad been trimmed by Andronikou?

its pompys fault we're in this mess. not the PL, not the fans, not the players. pompy got punished for gross mis-management.

you didnt see all the customers protest HMRC when woolworths went to the wall. football is just another business and us fans have no right to complain about the laws of the game and the land, when its the club thats p****d all over those same rules, signing players they (we) couldn't afford, paying the CEO a massive wage when he was probably taking backhanders etc. look at harry and pompys deals with spurs....that looks sooooo goddamn dodgy

pompy need to stay quiet or we're gonna be hit by more and more deductions when all the truth hits the fan. just like luton.

pompy is my club, i will support them until i die, but that doesnt mean i can turn a blind eye to all the illegal activities the club has done (not certain people, the club as a whole).''

http://mypompey.com/blogs/goldenboot/archive/2010/03/21/boot-portsmouth-find-legal-loophole-to-stay-in-premier-league.aspx

What a load of sh*te they talk...

Just because the Saints fans lacked spirit and fight and stood aside to watch their club drown in points deductions doesn't mean that Pompey fans will runaway from justice. The Pompey Trust should stand up for Portsmouth and challenge this unreasonable sanction. Avram Grant wishes for this hope and Pompey fans should deliver

Lacked spirit & fight? How many fans turned up for our first game after administration? How many turned up against Hull? Greatest fans in the world - my a*se!! Ignore the fact that the only way we got our golden share to play this season was to agree to not contest the points deduction, but I guess your scummy little club is about to find out how 'fair' the FL are.

You know what, I'd keep schtum about "company law" if I were you. I'm not sure your scu mmy little club has got the moral high ground here.

... speaks volumes for their lack of pride and passion for their club ....

ah, now it makes sense.

pride & passion = breaking the rules & the law

Welcome to the People's Republic.... :rolleyes:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/The-squads-all-yours-now.6172379.jp

The administrator has also pledged no more members of the Blues squad will follow Dindane by being prevented from featuring for the club for the remainder of the season.

That is despite other appearance bonuses coming up for players with clauses in their contracts which will trigger payments to the relevant Blues stars.

Does he really think they can avoid relegation and surely he should be acting to reduce the spend not letting Grant pick what ever team he wants never mind the cost?

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/The-squads-all-yours-now.6172379.jp

The administrator has also pledged no more members of the Blues squad will follow Dindane by being prevented from featuring for the club for the remainder of the season.

That is despite other appearance bonuses coming up for players with clauses in their contracts which will trigger payments to the relevant Blues stars.

Does he really think they can avoid relegation and surely he should be acting to reduce the spend not letting Grant pick what ever team he wants never mind the cost?

As if they are going to play someone, anyone if it invokes a clause whereby they have to fork out money they haven't got in pursuit of a lost cause ? Doesn't make any sense to me.

As if they are going to play someone, anyone if it invokes a clause whereby they have to fork out money they haven't got in pursuit of a lost cause ? Doesn't make any sense to me.
It is all about, not before the fa cup semi final.If they go out then there will be a change of heart.

It is all about, not before the fa cup semi final.If they go out then there will be a change of heart.

Curses, I'd forgotten they were in the FA Cup semi final !! Spuds v Pompey would be a nightmare game as I'm not sure which team I hate the most and would want them both to lose. Come on Fulham !

Not sure if its been posted already but (by my calculations) if...

Hammers and Wolves draw and they both win at the weekend and skates lose to Chelsea and Tottenham then the best the skates can do if they win all their games (and West Ham lose all theirs) is to draw level on points with West Ham.

In theory they could be relegated by the time we tread the Wembley turf (apart from goal difference) :)

I still remember their fans' date=' the year they won the Championship, saying 'We'd rather be at the top of the Championship then struggling in the Premiership.' In that case we should love it.[/quote']

Are you sure they were saying that?

The year Pompey won promotion in 2002/03, Saints came 8th in the Premiership(4th on Boxing Day) and played in the FA Cup final and qualified for Europe. Hardly struggling in the Premiership! :D

It looks like one of the skates sees the truth now:

'' PompyPride wrote re: LegalBoot:Portsmouth to issue injunction and test restraint of trade to stay in Premier League?

on Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:57 AM

pompy need to stay quiet or we're gonna be hit by more and more deductions when all the truth hits the fan. just like luton.

pompy is my club, i will support them until i die, but that doesnt mean i can turn a blind eye to all the illegal activities the club has done (not certain people, the club as a whole).''

At last a Skate has opened their eyes & sees the truth Hallelujah! if they are feeling hard done by from the EPL, just wait for the bleating when the FL get their teeth stuck into them, that's IF they last until then?

And from the latest comments from Android it's not looking to good, he seems to be leaving the major squad culling until the FA cup, win & they stumble on until the end of the season, loose & and watch Armageddon follow closely behind. Reminds me of the old saying having all your eggs in 1-basket. Drop it & all you have left is a large omelet!

Sadly I fear Pompey won't be implicated in the drugs trade, their controllers are too busy maiming children with landmines, selling machine guns to terrorists and laundering filthy cash.

There are only so many days in the week and your core businesses have to take priority.

It would be funny though if the little Fratton gang's offences escalated sharply from tax evasion to drug running.

Have we sorted that extradition treaty with Hayling yet?

Oi Mush! you trying to say PFC has gone to pot!;)

Not going to be happen but what would be awesome is if Pompey fans do put together this appeal and succeed. However even with the 9 points back they go down anyway and their case opens the way for Saints to get their 10 points back.

None of this has any chance of happening as it is a members club and all teams agreed to the rules and the PL are fully entitled to deduct points should they so wish.

Can't for the life of me see why Peter Storrie didn't get this post....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6050323,00.html

Surely something is desperatley wrong when a guy of that calibre is overlooked...!

I can understand your puzzlement - consternation, even - but I think you need to read between the lines a little here. As we all know, Peter Storrie's incomparable football experience and know-how (acquired, lest we forget, during 21 years of unparalleled achievement in the game) are still required by Mr Andronikou, albeit in a consultancy capacity. The FA, no doubt mindful of this fact, have decided to go for a temporary appointment, with Alex Horne keeping things ticking over until December. When the time comes I feel quite certain that a fully refreshed Storrie (and I'm sure we'll all agree that he'll need a decent break after the traumatic time he's been put through recently) will march triumphantly into FA headquarters to take his rightful place at the centre of the game in this country.

I can understand your puzzlement - consternation, even - but I think you need to read between the lines a little here. As we all know, Peter Storrie's incomparable football experience and know-how (acquired, lest we forget, during 21 years of unparalleled achievement in the game) are still required by Mr Andronikou, albeit in a consultancy capacity. The FA, no doubt mindful of this fact, have decided to go for a temporary appointment, with Alex Horne keeping things ticking over until December. When the time comes I feel quite certain that a fully refreshed Storrie (and I'm sure we'll all agree that he'll need a decent break after the traumatic time he's been put through recently) will march triumphantly into FA headquarters to take his rightful place at the centre of the game in this country.

Especially as he is known to favour the FA as the answer to a lot of the most pressing questions in football. For example:

Q) Was Pompey used for money laundering?

Storrie A) I know sweet FA about that.

Ahhhh right, yes that explains it, I should have guessed really, I can just see him now, posturing and in the words of good ol' Arnie, givin' it 'Ill be back....'!!!! ;)

On the Guardian match blog by Barry Glendenning, for the West Ham - Wolves game:

"If Harry Redknapp was doing the same thing with Wolves, his many fawning acolytes in the press pack would be falling over themselves to insert their tongues in his rectum. What's more, the chances are that Wolves won't be a smouldering financial wreck when Mick [McCarthy] walks away."

Hmm, people are becoming a lot more open in their comments...

Not sure if its been posted already but (by my calculations) if...

Hammers and Wolves draw and they both win at the weekend and skates lose to Chelsea and Tottenham then the best the skates can do if they win all their games (and West Ham lose all theirs) is to draw level on points with West Ham.

In theory they could be relegated by the time we tread the Wembley turf (apart from goal difference) :)

Can't happen now that Wolves thrashed West Ham. However on a brighter note pretty sure it can happen by the time THEY tread the Wembley turf.

Curses, I'd forgotten they were in the FA Cup semi final !! Spuds v Pompey would be a nightmare game as I'm not sure which team I hate the most and would want them both to lose. Come on Fulham !

Yeah, I keep trying to blot out the possibility that they could yet get to Wembley twice in one season, and god forbid if they should .... (can't actually finish that sentence).

Know what you mean about Spuds, but don't forget that Pompey's most effective player against us and much of the rest of the season has been Jamie O'Hara. If Spuds get to the Semi he won't be allowed to play for Pompey, and they can't afford to play Dindane.

Plus if Fulham get to the Semi, it will only be 4 days after their 2nd leg against Wolfsburg. Last Sunday against Citeh they were shattered after their Juventus excitement, wouldn't really want them playing Pompey in that state.

Apologies if already posted...

Premier League open transfer window for PFC.......

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Premier-League-agrees-to-Pompey.6174633.jp

More leeway for the CHEATS.

Having said that, it shows one thing - no-one's looking to buy them.

Toast in the Summer Sunshine it is...said Yoda.

I propose every post made on the thread now ends with....

CHEATS

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})