Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

More home fans at St Marys last night against the mighty Hartlepool than at FP tonight- attendances 18,072 inc about 175 'Pool fans, and 18,753 tonight including Chelsea's support.

The Blue Few indeed !

I was listening to solent on the way home last night and they said there was 35 Hartlepool fans there!

Though it doesn't help a sinking ship much, if they have altered rules mid season the Prem has dropped a clanger.

Palace could have been saved by that one player sale that was mid-completion when the rug was pulled.

We could have taken a million for Rasiak or Saga or both, if given the opportunity, and we could have stumbled on.

Other clubs have been left to rot with no special favours.

So if they give any club assistance by bending rules it shows clearly that the Premier League is no longer related to the Football League and is run under a different set of values.

And before any dim person points out that they are two different competitions, yes we know that, but there must be continuity or you might as well have teams promoted from the F1 constructor's championship or the national ping pong alliance to the Premier League - the game must be the same if you have relegation and promotion between them.

If this half-baked approach continues the FA should seek clarity from the two different competitions and see if they can still work together.

If not, the Prem can break away and people can pay to view Wigan v Stoke for the rest of their lives with no relegation from this 'elite'.

If the big three want to breakaway for more cash let them - they can play each other ten times a year and call it a season.

There comes a time when a line has to be drawn.

It's time to bring some discipline and continuity back into the four divisions - adjoining divisions with very different rules doesn't work.

Have to agree. One thing I don't understand is how would any team buy any of their players, all the major leagues in europe and the football league have to still abide by the transfer window, therefore no money can change hands until the transfer window opens? It's a two way street, no?

Just seen the first chelsea goal on football first. I bet they wished they had not made so many ground staff redundant. I haven't seen a ball bobble like that for ages. Loving the fact that sky are repeatingly showing james kicking at thin air. pmsl

Yes, but my nightmare scenario with the 2 teams I hate most in the semis :(

Still Chelsea will stuff either in the final.

Surely there is no contest who you want to win in the semi final though is there?

I am by no means a fan of 'Arry fan but I know who I want to win that one and it is not Pompey!

I would love it for Spurs to beat Pompey as it would make their fans,would once kissed the ground he walked on, hate him even further.

Surely there is no contest who you want to win in the semi final though is there?

I am by no means a fan of 'Arry fan but I know who I want to win that one and it is not Pompey!

I would love it for Spurs to beat Pompey as it would make their fans,would once kissed the ground he walked on, hate him even further.

I wonder if the Spurs players are on big FA Cup win bonuses......here's hoping for a spot of dejavu.

They might get to hate 'Arry, but never as much as they hate us. And long may that be so.

They'll need something to sustain their cold hearts through the wilderness.

Best lol I've had from this saga for a while...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/25/balram-chainrai-portsmouth?

"Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which raised concerns about links between the administrator and Chainrai but has since dropped its opposition to the administration, would be likely to oppose any such arrangement but could be powerless to block it."

Has HMRC's debt mysteriously been reduced to less than 25%? Or is this speculation on the Guardian's part.

Well, the only thing I know about betting (or investment) is that you don't chase your losses, which is exactly what Chanrai is doing. Who is advising him on player values ffs? I suppose they'll get _slightly_ better prices in the next official window but really...

Raising money against future revenues, in the Championship, or worse, if the FL do their bit and a CVA is not agreed very quickly?

I still can't work out whether Chanrai has been stitched up or he is trying to do the same to big G. Will G really relinquish control of his packets of land: also known as "ransom strips"!?

Back to lesson prep, but this thread is compulsively fascinating. I'll be back.

"Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, which raised concerns about links between the administrator and Chainrai but has since dropped its opposition to the administration, would be likely to oppose any such arrangement but could be powerless to block it."

Has HMRC's debt mysteriously been reduced to less than 25%? Or is this speculation on the Guardian's part.

HMRC won't be able to block such an arrangement; however, they will be able to veto a CVA if they still hold a sufficient proportion of the unsecured debt (which they almost certainly do). Which would, of course, mean that Pompey would start next season with a nice big points penalty from the Football League.

HMRC won't be able to block such an arrangement; however, they will be able to veto a CVA if they still hold a sufficient proportion of the unsecured debt (which they almost certainly do). Which would, of course, mean that Pompey would start next season with a nice big points penalty from the Football League.

Is Sacha Gaydamak a secured or unsecured creditor ? The Grauniad article says unsecured, @ £30mill+.

the arms dealer will only sell back the land when he has £30M in his hand, he's immoral not stupid.

As for AA spending weeks deciding who would be the best new owner and after an exhaustive elimination process he decides that the man who he's working for is best?

The taxman is watching.

Does this mean Storrie will be back soon?....

As Grant was quick to point out the other week, this adversity has kick-started their season and created a siege mentality - they really have created Fortress Fratton.

Best lol I've had from this saga for a while...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/25/balram-chainrai-portsmouth?

Ye reap what ye sow!

Such an arrangement would require Chainrai to put more money into the club to settle with creditors, who would be offered part payment of debts, but the CVA could be structured over several years, minimising upfront investment. With parachute payments worth at least £16m, player sales of up to £30m and the possibility of raising money against future revenues, he could bring in substantial amounts in the summer.

He wants his money;)

Ye reap what ye sow!

Such an arrangement would require Chainrai to put more money into the club to settle with creditors, who would be offered part payment of debts, but the CVA could be structured over several years, minimising upfront investment. With parachute payments worth at least £16m, player sales of up to £30m and the possibility of raising money against future revenues, he could bring in substantial amounts in the summer.

He wants his money;)

Indeed he does, and by my reckoning he is owed the remainder of his origanl loan at 13.5m plus the 15m for the admin process = 28.5m.

If he takes control he will have to fork out even more money. He would then pocket: the 26m? parachute payments; whatever profit they do make on player sales (I think this will be no more than 5m, at best, once sell on fees, agents, TAX, etc, have been taken out); 1m per year in rent of Farton; and whatever other TV revenues may come in.

This would mean Poopy having to have a VERY low wage bill, i.e. VERY poor players, thus meaning they will soon find their PROPER PLACE in the football ladder: in League 2 (especially when they, hopefully, incur -17 next season followed by the -25 the season after for Storrie's tax evasion).

:D

When is the creditors meeting that the court said had to be held soon. Must be any day now mustn't it?

Tomorrow (10 days from 16th). But that was to "set up" the creditor's committee, not sure if there was a definitive order about a meeting.

And, IIRC, tomorrow's also the 4 week anniversary of administration. Another 4 to go until the deadline to make proposals to creditors.

So, halfway through, he's got countless potless "buyers" who've said they want to buy but can't, and one potted "buyer" who can but says he doesn't want to. And a £3m wage bill to be paid in the next couple of days.

No wonder he's gone quiet.

Indeed he does, and by my reckoning he is owed the remainder of his origanl loan at 13.5m plus the 15m for the admin process = 28.5m.

If he takes control he will have to fork out even more money. He would then pocket: the 26m? parachute payments; whatever profit they do make on player sales (I think this will be no more than 5m, at best, once sell on fees, agents, TAX, etc, have been taken out); 1m per year in rent of Farton; and whatever other TV revenues may come in.

This would mean Poopy having to have a VERY low wage bill, i.e. VERY poor players, thus meaning they will soon find their PROPER PLACE in the football ladder: in League 2 (especially when they, hopefully, incur -17 next season followed by the -25 the season after for Storrie's tax evasion).

:D

He hasn't put up £15m to fund the admin process.