Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The reason Dindane isn't going to play for Pompey again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8578362.stm

I love how Grant says "we don't have £4m at the moment" as if they might soon :D

Surely this could count as deliberately not playing their strongest team and therefore incur a penalty from the Premiership?

I liked this quote from Grunt in that Beeb article

"If we play with our heads down, the fans would not come and that would be bad for the league

Good job they played with their heads up (their own asses) otherwise they'd have only had about 15,000 of their own fans at the game...

ohh

A Premiership club fined a million pounds for irregularities?

That is a massive story, you only get a suspended £25-50K fine for most offences.

I do hope it doesn't stop them getting points penalties as per every other case.

This seems to have been decided with minimum investigation of the accounts, there must be more to come.

No doubt AA will fight it all the way, or talk about it anyway.

I'm sure Grant thinks it unfair that the company is punished for breaking company law.

And I thought they had overplayed Dindane into their ownership three months ago, so they owe £4M on him already.

A Premiership club fined a million pounds for irregularities?

That is a massive story, you only get a suspended £25-50K fine for most offences.

I do hope it doesn't stop them getting points penalties as per every other case.

This seems to have been decided with minimum investigation of the accounts, there must be more to come.

No doubt AA will fight it all the way, or talk about it anyway.

I'm sure Grant thinks it unfair that the company is punished for breaking company law.

And I thought they had overplayed Dindane into their ownership three months ago, so they owe £4M on him already.

According to random post on the news website

About the fine. I did hear a rumour that this is to do with the fuglers account. As PFCs bank account was frozen due to the winding up petition any money going out had to be approved by HMRC as the club used fuglers to bypass this rule to pay other creditors(pay Gaydamak) this is against premier league rules as the account isn't registered with the premier league.

As I said this is only a rumour but makes sense to me but will have to wait and see what comes out.

Lloyd is famous for being on "Secret Millionaire", right?

Got me thinking on how P*mpey could raise some serious money. Set up their own TV production company and produce a series called "Skintest Millionaire". They already have a full cast for the first series, lined up.

Wowsa, ONE MILLION QUID for breaching Corporate Governance regulations.

Now who would be responsible at the club for Corporate Governance being adhered to?

Well I never, it would be the CEO.

Well done Storrie, what next for the Worst CEO in British History?

Wait for it...

"It wasn't me it was Azoughy.."

To which the reply is? And who carried out the Due Dilligence on that takeover which allowed him into the club?

Oh yes, Storrie

I actually wonder if this punishment is a sop: a compromise in the place of a real punishment. There's a financial penalty which they can't pay anyway so what's the point? There's no points penalty - yet it is a financial irregularity. Will they get any penalty in the football league when they have already been penalised in the premier league? Perhaps not. So where is the real justice?

I just fear they will get away with things while the gory details are swept under the carpet because it doesn't suit anyone to look in any detail.

I actually wonder if this punishment is a sop: a compromise in the place of a real punishment. There's a financial penalty which they can't pay anyway so what's the point? There's no points penalty - yet it is a financial irregularity. Will they get any penalty in the football league when they have already been penalised in the premier league? Perhaps not. So where is the real justice?

I just fear they will get away with things while the gory details are swept under the carpet because it doesn't suit anyone to look in any detail.

The fine will come out of their next batch of TV money so it will make them £1M less attractive to buy and as tesco says 'every little helps'.

Storrie comes out with his interview that all but says Azhougy acted as a non-approved Shadow Director and then they get hit with possibly one of the biggest fines in the history of Football?

I don't see that as co-incidence and I don't see it stopping there.

They breached FA rules. That makes it also possible they breached UK Company Law as well.

We already know HMRC have their teeth into them, they may have avoided winding up by opening their books to HMRC etc, but at what possible other costs?

UK Company Law will have a different set of "Penalties" they can apply from those available to the Football Authorities

:D

So, Grant says they can't play Dindane because they'd have to pay £4m and taht "Portsmouth can't even pay £4 at the moment..." on Solent this morning...

IS anyone else tempted to send him a cheque in the post for £4???

They would have to go to one of those cashing services though, as their bank account is frozen.

So, Portsmouth win with an illegal team, probably condemning a fellow side to relegation with them.

I can only hope justice catches up with that disgusting little football club.

16,000 at home, lmao. Best support in the world....

Yep and soon, I have a bet on with a colleague that they will be wound up before the season ends.

£1million is one hell of a fine. Wonder if it was because they submitted one set of accounts in order to get transfer ban lifted only for SOA submitted to Court to say another.

Of course it may be that Chanrai failed fit and proper test!! :D

it seems odd that there hasn't been news of an enquiry or defence for these offences.

Has the club just confirmed that things have been done illegally, or has AA brought it to the Prem's attention and quietly accepted the punishment?

The News is pretending it hasn't happened at all.

Odd.

Most clubs would have put out a pr defence campaign of some sort.

If they have been fined £1M it's progress - it means that at last they have officially been found guilty of cheating.

£1million is one hell of a fine. Wonder if it was because they submitted one set of accounts in order to get transfer ban lifted only for SOA submitted to Court to say another.

Of course it may be that Chanrai failed fit and proper test!! :D

It won't be that - he can walk 20 yards in a straight line!

The Dindane thing is yet one more nasty example of cheating.

They knew full well, back in September, that they were potless, but they saw a player they fancied from an equally skint, but trying to play by the rules, club.

So they offered them a big fee, deferred till he'd played 20 games, knowing either one of their fake sheiks had found some dosh, or they'd gone t1ts up by the time they had to pay up, to get twenty 'free' games out of him.

His club, Lens I think, said they had to loan or sell him because they couldn't pay his wages (& still can't) so now they either get lumbered with him or end up doing some sh1tty deal with Poopey where they get to keep him till the end of the season but Lens pay half his wages.

They really are a nasty little club, aren't they?

:lol:

I love the well-reasoned and compelling argument put there. Not bad for an 8 year old.

Maybe they should argue that relegation and not letting them play in the Premier League next season is a 'restraint of trade'. Hell why not go the whole hog and challenge Man U's right to win so many games, not allowing a level playing field.

Avram Grants' non stop moaning about how they have been treated seems to have rubbed off on these clueless idiots. They honestly now believe that the world is out to get them. FFS, the rules state clearly that 9 points is removed should the club go into administration. Why cry about it now? You knew the rules and accepted them along with the £90m TV revenue over the last 3 years.

As for the £1m fine, I think they might actually be getting away with it here, as this could well be as a result of breaking the type rules that Luton fell foul of - which saw them lose how many points???

It'll cost their Trust a pretty penny to hire those lawyers I would have thought :smt102

Yeah, but let's not worry about the practicalities... After all, some lawyers once won a ruling in the European Court relating to personal freedom of movement in the labour market.

Avram Grants' non stop moaning about how they have been treated seems to have rubbed off on these clueless idiots. They honestly now believe that the world is out to get them. FFS, the rules state clearly that 9 points is removed should the club go into administration. Why cry about it now? You knew the rules and accepted them along with the £90m TV revenue over the last 3 years.

As for the £1m fine, I think they might actually be getting away with it here, as this could well be as a result of breaking the type rules that Luton fell foul of - which saw them lose how many points???

True, but I doubt all the investigating that needs to be done will have been done by the time they join the FL. Also, it's an extra £1m that Chanrai has to find to fund them through administration and an extra million less in the pool available to creditors. The train to CVA hasn't pulled out of winding-up central yet.

LOL, at least with Saints and the whole parent company thing there was a slim chance of getting it overturned - even then the majority of Saints fans thought there was no hope, and those that thought there was just thought it was worth a try.

There appears to be some weird collective mass delusion thing going on down the M27. The problem is that the fans naturally cling to any bit of good news, no matter how unbelieveable.

The administrator has to be positive, even if he thinks there is close to no hope of finding a buyer he cannot say that, his job is to find a buyer and encourage interest.

You have tyre kickers like Rob Lloyd, who like Lynham with Saints, is just always overly positive, right up to the final minute when they are outed as being a complete chancer.

Throw in deluded idiots like Grant and Storrie plus the local press who love a good positive story to shift a few copies and the whole thing gains a life of it’s own and all rational thinking goes out the window

Will Chanrai be paying the wages?

Also what exactly are the costs of Administration? i.e paying Mr Andrew but what else? Electricity/gas/water etc? Or would that be covered by the day-to-day running costs of the company?

How clear do they want it? It's for late payment of transfer monies and wages.

Seems pretty clear to me! Idiots.

Ahh the great Portsmouth soap opera continues. And the really great thing is, this is only for their late payments. Wait until the FL get their hands on them for all of the other irregularities!!

lol central. :D

This comment seems to reflect a lot of the views being shared by poor old Pompey fans:

'I think there needs to be an investigation of the PL. It will likely mean further staff cuts and local suppliers kicked in the crutch. The PL should hang their heads in shame. Helping the club in difficult times, my arris'

Yet not one of them is questioning why the loan players haven't been returned, saving in excess of £500,000. That would go some way to paying off local suppliers.

But that doesn't count in the World of Pomp****s.