Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Hang on....

So Mark Jacob signed documents for a non existant person with the PL? Both he and Fulgers should be reported to the Law Society?

One thing for sure is that the PL are NOT going to investigate or delve into this. All it will do is show them up for being naive idiots. A shame that they don't have ANY cojones and is the way with incompetent people, they ignore things in the hope that it will all disapear.

chatted with a pompey fan at lunch who says everything is okay now they are out of admin, he wouldn't accept that they are paying too much in wages, his defence was that we are paying Lambert a championship wage, they are paying about eight players Prem wages, so both clubs are the same......

What can you do?

One thing for sure is that the PL are NOT going to investigate or delve into this. All it will do is show them up for being naive idiots. A shame that they don't have ANY cojones and is the way with incompetent people, they ignore things in the hope that it will all disapear.

Dave Richards has come out of this looking like an utter ****-for-brains.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Portsmouth-v-QPR-Neil-Warnock-insists-Pompey-are-the-best-team-in-the-Championship-with-the-likes-of-Liam-Lawrence-and-Dave-Kitson-in-their-ranks-article624751.html

Neil Warnock has claimed mega-rich QPR could not compete with bankrupt Portsmouth for loan signings over the summer.

And the Rangers boss reckons Steve Cotterill has the best team in the Championship.

The Fratton Park club went into administration last season under over £100m worth of debt and were hit with a transfer embargo.

But they could still afford to bring in Premier League players Liam Lawrence and Dave Kitson on loan from Stoke. Championship leaders QPR are owned by billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.

And before tomorrow’s clash on the South Coast, Warnock said:

“There’s been a lot of talk about Portsmouth being in administration but I think their starting XI is the best in the Championship, including Cardiff and ourselves.

“Wages wise as well they are the most expensive in the league. Good luck to them if they can pay the wages. We looked at Kitson and people like Lawrence but we couldn’t afford them.

“But I am going to get into that. I was slaughtered by Leicester fans a few years ago when I said it shouldn’t happen when they kept all their good players.”

Which further proves that they are cheating, lying bastards.

Especially as Paddy Kenny actually saved the Pompey penalty, the ref harshly ordered it to be retaken and they scored from it.

Warnock went berserk at that point

I thought it was typical Skate luck but it sounds like the ref redeemed himself at the end. Nice ban picked up for Lawrence too.

Did anyone else hear more of this?

There was also an interview with him by Tony Husband on BBC South Today this evening. Can you pick up regional programmes on iPlayer? I don't know.

Basically he said he was 'looking after the club' for the time being but didn't want to be a long-term owner and that 'the right owner is out there somewhere'.

:D

Did anyone else hear more of this?

Answered all the questions in a way to make it sound better than it is. He does not want the club as far i could tell and is looking for someone else to take over (Looking for a mug).

When asked about a new stadium he replied by saying "you had better talk to Limpett" so no money coming from chainri then.

A pretty bland interview really, to me he wants his money back and the quicker the better

Chanrai on Solent, it was pretty much - 'the passion of the fans, the players, the management, you have to come to a game here to realise how passionate everyone is - we can get back to the Premier League!!'.

'and by the way, I want out asap.'

Also funny to hear their commentary team describe the game tonight as 'the haves' v 'the have nots' - yeah, we now know that Pompey outbid the richest team in the division - while in administration!!!

QPR must have been gobsmacked when that happened.

Pity about having their talisman sent off and the resultant suspension.

And the late equaliser that dropped them seven places.

Oh well, only a game.

There was also an interview with him by Tony Husband on BBC South Today this evening. Can you pick up regional programmes on iPlayer? I don't know.

Basically he said he was 'looking after the club' for the time being but didn't want to be a long-term owner and that 'the right owner is out there somewhere'.

No he is really, truly.

LLS awaits

Oh. and Chanrai is only there because he got conned into lending the money to a Ghost

Wow. You're the man. May I blow you?

With all due respect ah nope.

I did post way back on page Gawd knows what that I had checked with friends in Saudi and quoted some press articles down here that nobody, repeat nobody with the name Ali Al Faraj had EVER been heard of by anyone connected to the Saudi FA OR anybody in a business position within Saudi.

The ONLY Ali Al Faraj that had been found was a Personal Relationship Banker within a small Saudi bank - ie one step up from Teller.

My sources were pretty good - one is the Brother-in Law of a Prince, one is Chairman of the Saudi FA and one is the Chariman of something akin to the Association of Chambers of Commerce. For good measure I checked also with the UAE FA and a few contacts who were "keen to discuss Sultan Bin trump's alleged $80million bonus cheque" he stated was due to him for his work at Hydra Properties" (which in English went - ROFL where the feck is he expecting to get THAT from, it sure is not in his contract of employment) and which then came to light when he was arrested when he came back from his Chess tournament

Here is a funneh from the past

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000418170/Jacob_tells_Pompey_fans_to_layoff_Al-Faraj/Article.htm

I was there, the ref totally lost it in the 2nd half, gave them a pen for a dive and then our player got sent off for it, the keeper saved it so he made them take it again and they scored..

Then we had 2 great shouts for a pen but he refused to give them and finally gave us a last minute pen when the ball was drilled into the player and it hit him on the chest and he still had the mark showing where the ball hit him. The ref sent him off for repeatedly showing him the mark.

Gavin Ward, be very afraid if you get him.

After they won the HMRC case - "I want to take the club forward". "I've fallen in love with this club".

On becoming owner - "We can make the premiership". "There is a big surprise in our consortium"

Tonight - "I want to sell the club as quickly as posible"!!

I heard snippets of the Chanarai interview and if i was a supporter of PFC i would be worried oncemore.

He made it clear he was not going to commit any funds to the coffers and is uncomfortable being at the helm.

This all sounds a bit like deja vu,it just needs another Arabian knight in shining armour to ride in and this saga would be back to square one.

If they can't find one i'm sure they will make one up......again.

After they won the HMRC case - "I want to take the club forward". "I've fallen in love with this club".

On becoming owner - "We can make the premiership". "There is a big surprise in our consortium"

I heard snippets of the Chanarai interview and if i was a supporter of PFC i would be worried oncemore.

He made it clear he was not going to commit any funds to the coffers and is uncomfortable being at the helm.

This all sounds a bit like deja vu,it just needs another Arabian knight in shining armour to ride in and this saga would be back to square one.

The bearings look good for a few more spins on the money washing machine.

Wash @ 30c and save the planet!

And the BIG surprise in their consortium is?

There ain't no Consortium

Why are we not surprised?

The one thing I've never fully understood is why continue to pay players obscene wages?

Obviously Nugent and Utaka are two players they can't get rid of but why continue to loan players on ridiculous wages? If Chainrai is funding them through this season why spend so much money doing it?

The only plausible reason is to get back to the PL and pocket all the TV money/parachute payments, but why spend so much money doing it?

The one thing I've never fully understood is why continue to pay players obscene wages?

Obviously Nugent and Utaka are two players they can't get rid of but why continue to loan players on ridiculous wages? If Chainrai is funding them through this season why spend so much money doing it?

The only plausible reason is to get back to the PL and pocket all the TV money/parachute payments, but why spend so much money doing it?

A theory?

Chanrai is a money lender, that is how he got suckered into the whole sorry mess in the first place.

Maybe, just maybe he sees that the more they spend, the more (at probably 20% interest) he makes. As long as that money is secured against future income or assets he could quite possibly have absolutely no interest at all in how the club is run.

That leaves the guys in charge to pray for promotion and a new rich sucker or wealthy Russian Asylum seeker to be brought in

No idea, just a theory

Maybe, just maybe he sees that the more they spend, the more (at probably 20% interest) he makes. As long as that money is secured against future income or assets.

risky strategy, if they go pop before he gets his money back he loses everything.

Ali. Where are you Ali?

Just seen Cotterill on South Today, complaining about the ref; (have to say he has a point!) but he said BIG game that, needed a top ref in front of a BIG crowd (17,818!!!!) - you could always have Andy Durso Steve, welcome to the real world!! PS is there nothing they dont moan about or feel hard done by, and the BBC pander to the poor old Pompee line?

Just seen Cotterill on South Today, complaining about the ref; (have to say he has a point!) but he said BIG game that, needed a top ref in front of a BIG crowd (17,818!!!!) - you could always have Andy Durso Steve, welcome to the real world!! PS is there nothing they dont moan about or feel hard done by, and the BBC pander to the poor old Pompee line?

The ref was poor,

when he made Pompey retake the penalty they just missed that was one of his worst decisions

Those comments made me laugh too. What precisely made this a "big game with a big crowd"? Cotterill seems to be as much of an idiot as Grant was.

Those comments made me laugh too. What precisely made this a "big game with a big crowd"? Cotterill seems to be as much of an idiot as Grant was.

It's called PR.

Skilled PR-men like David Cameron could probably make points like these sound quite realistic but football managers like Cotterill and Grant don't stand a hope in hell, and make themselves look complete tools.

To the bue phew I guess it is a big crowd

Yeah Cotts

The ref that gave you the penalty, forgave a miss and allowed you to retake it and then ignored a couple of other penalty shouts from QPR, but don't let that get in the way of a whole pompey were hard done by (besides out bidding our billionaire rivals) story.

He was also bleating on about how fragile his squad was, and how unfair it has been on Poors mouth!......talk about whinger!

Cotts is belly aching is hinting to old Chinny (we need more players),,,,Like wise old Chinnys Hart to Hart on solent was letting Cotterill know as far as pfc are concerned his wallet is flatter than a witches tit,

risky strategy, if they go pop before he gets his money back he loses everything.

If they don't go up, he'll probably flog as much of the squad as he can, and then take them into administration. Again. 50 points penalty from the FL for the umpteenth administration? Demotion to the Blue Square (or lower)? Who cares? Well, the blue phew will care, but not BC. I'm sure he has his loans secured against the remaining parachute payments, as well as any other tangible assets. Of course, if the gamble pays off and they go up, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

some of them are stupid enough to lap it up - just had a text from a bloke asking why Bolton should be allowed to continue with their debt when pompey couldn't.

Size and ability to service are two different things thicko, try to keep up!

Also just seen the QPR highlights - wasn't sure that either of the three penalties were valid - both managers feel robbed, Warnock even produced evidence, swings and roundabouts, and if you lead with your arms in the area don't be surprised if a ball hits them - so stop whinging you Grant impersonator.

Poor crowd - a big game between two of the biggest spending clubs in the division and the visitors bring a huge following.

Maybe the few have been duped one time too many and are wising up after all....

There are definitely more laughs in this.

A theory?

Chanrai is a money lender, that is how he got suckered into the whole sorry mess in the first place.

Maybe, just maybe he sees that the more they spend, the more (at probably 20% interest) he makes. As long as that money is secured against future income or assets he could quite possibly have absolutely no interest at all in how the club is run.

That leaves the guys in charge to pray for promotion and a new rich sucker or wealthy Russian Asylum seeker to be brought in

No idea, just a theory

This.

I was there, the ref totally lost it in the 2nd half, gave them a pen for a dive and then our player got sent off for it, the keeper saved it so he made them take it again and they scored..

Then we had 2 great shouts for a pen but he refused to give them and finally gave us a last minute pen when the ball was drilled into the player and it hit him on the chest and he still had the mark showing where the ball hit him. The ref sent him off for repeatedly showing him the mark.

Gavin Ward, be very afraid if you get him.

Nice report. Ta. And don't worry, we've got plenty of Gavin Wards in our shit division.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})