Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Its like a bloody disease down there, it really is. So utterly, desperately corrupt. Mind you, it is a desperate city, and practise like this must be common down there.

Kin-ell anybody would think its a leper Colony down our end of the ally, should we close the draw bridge and get a tow to Australia,

Nope, very bad idea. There's actually some nice people in Australia, not many I will admit, but they sure don't deserve you

Think you'd fit in very well in somewhere like Sudan or possibly the Swat Valley

As we all know how Corpse loves people to provide him with quotes, can I just go on record now by saying that they are still CHEATING!

So, in 2 years - probably six months though when they get liquidated! - we will have a quote for the Corpse :)

The reason for my statement is quite simple....

They are cheating because they are having to borrow money that is not rightfully theirs until NEXT year, in order to pay the wages of the players at the club THIS year. That to me, says they are playing with a squad that they CANNOT afford, thus not living within their means, and therefore CHEATING!

I hope that some of the other chairmen / directors of the other championship clubs have taken note of the statements in the press and are currently contacting the FL, as all rivalries aside, they have gone past the point of bending the rules, and seem to be making up their own new ones!

Corpse, please note, this is not a rant from a bitter and twisted rival supporter, but a little bit of common sense and reason being applied to the situation. I would like to see some comments from the more reasonable skate fans, but don't expect a great deal from PES who probably thinks they deserve the money.

'Kin right we deserve the money Weston, we made the Premier League interesting in the 7 years we were there! Drama, Corruption, Demolitions of our rivals, League Toppers (twice!), FA Cup Final appearances, the most passionate fans (It's true, I've read it loads of times), 'Arrygate, Fake Shieks, I could go on and on. What did Scummers ever give us to entertain? The Man Utd grey shirt saga, the dancing fat c*nt and a few belly laughs via Ali flippin' Dia. I bet the Premier League are rubbing their hands at the prospect of getting super Pompey back (Maybe thats why they're givin us a helping hand?), but as for scummers? Maybe their not so keen? they've got the only good thing you ever produced on Soccer Saturday already so why'd they want you boring bunch of carrot crunching no marks up there? Pompey are value for money and worth the Parachute payments, maybe we'll have another nibble? x

'Kin right we deserve the money Weston, we made the Premier League interesting in the 7 years we were there! Drama, Corruption, Demolitions of our rivals, League Toppers (twice!), FA Cup Final appearances, the most passionate fans (It's true, I've read it loads of times), 'Arrygate, Fake Shieks, I could go on and on. What did Scummers ever give us to entertain? The Man Utd grey shirt saga, the dancing fat c*nt and a few belly laughs via Ali flippin' Dia. I bet the Premier League are rubbing their hands at the prospect of getting super Pompey back (Maybe thats why they're givin us a helping hand?), but as for scummers? Maybe their not so keen? they've got the only good thing you ever produced on Soccer Saturday already so why'd they want you boring bunch of carrot crunching no marks up there? Pompey are value for money and worth the Parachute payments, maybe we'll have another nibble? x

Pathetic.

We once had a police dog **** on the pitch (pre match) a parachuist who was supposed to land on the centre circle, but missed the ground (Never found out what happend to him) a member of a marching band fall over and a pipe burst under the west stand soaking everybody.

None stop ******* action..... They want us back big time.

Pathetic.

We once had a police dog **** on the pitch (pre match) a parachuist who was supposed to land on the centre circle, but missed the ground (Never found out what happend to him) a member of a marching band fall over and a pipe burst under the west stand soaking everybody.

The parachutist landed in Shirley - HTH

The Police Dog incident is now no longer a subject for discussion as I bumped into Tom Cruise at The Seaview last night (he's filming Mission Impossible 4 down here go Google) and he wants to do a deal to buy the rights to the Movie.

He already thinks he can get George Clooney to play the Copper. He bought into the whole tortured soul stressed at work background to the idea. Deal should go through but I have to wait for EoA to get off nightshifts as he has to do the whole sceenwriting precis thing before we can sign the whole deal up.

Anyway Tom was upset that I turned down the chance of a major role in the movie (he saw my screen test in The Forum Match Interview Video) - he wanted me to abseil down the Burj Khalifa while sipping a Bullfrog and shooting the bad guys in their Huey Chopper. Shame, because as I told him, I simply couldn't miss the the Saintsplayer coverage of the County game Saturday afternoon and Tom couldn't reschedule his Chopper (although that didn't seem to phase the Chinese Takeaway crew in The Seaview for some reason)

Pathetic.

I was unaware of the police dog sh*tting on the pitch Gemmel, maybe I was a bit quick to dismiss your 27 year stint in the top flight as being uneventful, I would of enjoyed it. A rat was running along the goal line in front of the Fratton end a number of year ago, the game was televised so the rat got it's 15 minutes of fame. The rat caused much hilarity amongst fans until some c*nt ran out the fratton end and stamped on it. No sense of humour some people...

Really can't believe the silence from other CCC chairmen.

That's the only thing keeping me optimistic about them getting a points penalty. You can guarantee every other chairman in the Championship will more than share our opinion. The fact that they are not openly saying anything hints at their concerns being dealt with behind the scenes.

Remember, it turned out all the Prem chairmen wanted them closed down, nothing was said at the time though because the PL knew they would be shot of them.

That's the only thing keeping me optimistic about them getting a points penalty. You can guarantee every other chairman in the Championship will more than share our opinion. The fact that they are not openly saying anything hints at their concerns being dealt with behind the scenes.

Remember, it turned out all the Prem chairmen wanted them closed down, nothing was said at the time though because the PL knew they would be shot of them.

Alas I fear that you might well be clutching at straws there. Honesty and integrity count for absolutely nothing in todays game, it is a 'high roller' industry and money is king. I honestly think that the powers that be just want this whole sorry saga to quietly die a death and be done with it - personally that is what I think will happen.

Pompey could very well get promoted this season but a few football chairmen blowing hot after they have achieved this is not going to make any difference. If they want to voice concerns - now is the time to do it, not after the event. As yet nobody has even commented.

When you look at the recent Rooney 'negotiations' and the way the game is manipulated to suit those clubs in the ascendancy it is hard to see where any kind of reality actually exists.

At the end of the day you have to hold your hands up to Pompey and say that (like it or not) they rolled the dice and won. A lot of inocents got hurt in the aftermath but, really, what the hell do they care.

Then they've been bloody stupid advancing them parachute payments, because the by-product of those acts of folly are that the cheating, lying bastards are not only avoiding liquidation, but could cheat their way back up to the PL again.

Edited by Dark Munster

Watch and weep. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSsdfe4Z69g

Its very possible although it depends what Chainrai's long term motives are. Even having been promoted they are still far from an ideal investment and there isn't any prizes for where any TV money or subsequent parachute payments would end up if they weren't sold on.

Something to do with Chainrai's trousers? :D

Also will be interesting if any of the Boltons, Wigans or Blackpools of this world offer a few million for any of them. Don't forget they still have a CVA to fund.

It's quite clear: if BC wasn't gambling on promotion there would be no Kitson, Lawrence etc. in the squad. The CVA is serviceable (for a year or so) if they do go up, and if they don't, Cheats FC will implode and servicing the CVA will be a moot point.

A couple of questions.

2. The parachute payments continue until they run out, or Skates go up, whichever comes first right?

Looks like it.

If they go up, the extra years money gets redistributed to the other teams?

Yes, but....

So if they go up this season having spent next years cash, do they have to repay it?

They'll get at least a year's Sky money, plus a fresh round of 4 year's parachute money when they go down again.

Cheating, lying bastards.

I was unaware of the police dog sh*tting on the pitch Gemmel, maybe I was a bit quick to dismiss your 27 year stint in the top flight as being uneventful, I would of enjoyed it. A rat was running along the goal line in front of the Fratton end a number of year ago, the game was televised so the rat got it's 15 minutes of fame. The rat caused much hilarity amongst fans until some c*nt ran out the fratton end and stamped on it. No sense of humour some people...

so that's how Phillips hurt his back...

The poor thing was only trying to desert the s(t)inking ship.

And as for the stomper .... a man's gotta eat don't he? What a treat that would have been, free range rat instead of dustbin/sewer reared rat.

Did it have a twitch, and answer to 'arry?

It's quite clear: if BC wasn't gambling on promotion there would be no Kitson, Lawrence etc. in the squad. The CVA is serviceable (for a year or so) if they do go up, and if they don't, Cheats FC will implode and servicing the CVA will be a moot point.

You've answered your own question there.

If they go up Chainrai will pocket the TV money/parachute payments, and the only way they can go up is paying PL rejects obscene wages. Could he sell the club in the PL? possibly in theory but he's got more to gain from keeping the club at that point and stripping the assets.

If they don't they are screwed, there'll be a firesale of players and Chainrai will pocket the proceeds.

Remember they will have still racked up a massive amount of debt by the end of this season, being promoted to the PL would merely prolong the time it takes to switch the life support machine off IMO

Edited by JackFrost

You've answered your own question there.

If they go up Chainrai will pocket the TV money/parachute payments, and the only way they can go up is paying PL rejects obscene wages. Could he sell the club in the PL? possibly in theory but he's got more to gain from keeping the club at that point and stripping the assets.

If they don't they are screwed, there'll be a firesale of players and Chainrai will pocket the proceeds.

Remember they will have still racked up a massive amount of debt by the end of this season, being promoted to the PL would merely prolong the time it takes to switch the life support machine off IMO

My only concern here is that the continued goodwill from the Premier League will continue. After all, the PL have continuously forwarded them money to keep the going...

My only concern here is that the continued goodwill from the Premier League will continue. After all, the PL have continuously forwarded them money to keep the going...

Their recent good form, may work against them. The last thing the PL want to see is pompey returning and may be less obliging in the future.

Intresting to see that pompey have appealed to FIFA, regarding Inter Milans non payment of 1 million euros for muntari. Inter are refusing to pay as money is still owed by pompey to udinesse, for the same player.

Lets see if FIFA have any teeth.

Intresting to see that pompey have appealed to FIFA, regarding Inter Milans non payment of 1 million euros for muntari. Inter are refusing to pay as money is still owed by pompey to udinesse, for the same player.

My word, they are such a bunch of cvnts...

Their recent good form, may work against them. The last thing the PL want to see is pompey returning and may be less obliging in the future.

Im suprised that other teams have not voiced there concerns over the help that Pompey have had so far. They have been forwarded money to help keep them in business yet they have used the money to build a team that has hopes of promotion.

When do the other teams in the same league get the same help from the powers above?

I have no doubt that we will once again get promoted back into the prem so on that bases can the prem advance us £8 Mil of future revenue that we may earn for being there? Or just £8 mil of future parachute payments should we get up there and get relegated will do. We dont need to sell any players or anything but we could do with getting a few more stars in the squad to push us up the league thank you please.

Alas I fear that you might well be clutching at straws there. Honesty and integrity count for absolutely nothing in todays game, it is a 'high roller' industry and money is king. I honestly think that the powers that be just want this whole sorry saga to quietly die a death and be done with it - personally that is what I think will happen.

Pompey could very well get promoted this season but a few football chairmen blowing hot after they have achieved this is not going to make any difference. If they want to voice concerns - now is the time to do it, not after the event. As yet nobody has even commented.

When you look at the recent Rooney 'negotiations' and the way the game is manipulated to suit those clubs in the ascendancy it is hard to see where any kind of reality actually exists.

At the end of the day you have to hold your hands up to Pompey and say that (like it or not) they rolled the dice and won. A lot of inocents got hurt in the aftermath but, really, what the hell do they care.

I agree with this and think that ultimately nothing of any consequence will happen to them.

Its like a bloody disease down there, it really is. So utterly, desperately corrupt. Mind you, it is a desperate city, and practise like this must be common down there.

Kin-ell anybody would think its a leper Colony down our end of the ally, should we close the draw bridge and get a tow to Australia,

If you do make sure you sail close to Somalia. With a stroke of luck you will be hijacked.

If you do make sure you sail close to Somalia. With a stroke of luck you will be hijacked.

Dont think they are stupid enough to hijack them

Now with the exception of a couple of posts (Who get it) this is just funny

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=310119

Surely we can pay whatever we want to whoever we want now. So long as the CVA gets paid as agreed? The CVA was against a company that has since been 'sold' and now has new owners. Surely the only way to change the repayment schedules etc would be via the courts agiain. Am I wrong?

As for putting money in, they dont have too, they can now borrow against the assets again

Could not agree more B army. I believe he has been offered a meeting prior to the QPR game, well, whoopy-doo, that is only two weeks away. How many more players do we miss in the meantime. For me anyway it is just not good enough. Why is nobody from the club not making any statement, it is starting to stink and I don't like it

Edited by Gemmel

The Premier League want to see regular Management Accounts. We do not know if these are monthly or quarterly, but whatever they are I bet their bankers would not rely on them. Furthermore, I feel sure there are many Bankers and Accountants on this site, who have seen so many Management Accounts where "actuals" fall well short of "budget". In fact, in my experience it was the norm. So I still cannot se the Skates getting out of this one unless, of course, somebody with money is prepared to commit financial suicide and take them over with a large injection of cash.

So if they go up this season having spent next years cash, do they have to repay it?

They'll get at least a year's Sky money, plus a fresh round of 4 year's parachute money when they go down again.

Cheating, lying bastards.

but if they go down again they will be portsmouf new company and that money will be nothing to do with old company

Infact if they go up the CVA is in tatters?

the Prem won't have forwarded money without strings attached, and surely at a reduced rate.

Some dim few seem to think that the change of company leaves all the debt behind - the cva remains attached to pfc, and the old company is worryingly open to investigation.

As far as paying advanced cash back, they could be facing a return to the Prem with their first seasons money already spent - and the knock-on of increased amounts due to creditors.

It will take several years to stabilise the finances even with Prem income, they could become the mother of all yo-yo clubs, it will then depend on whether the owner wants to reinvest in infrastructure....or trouser the cash.

Out of all the madness it's amazing that so many 'top' businessmen have failed to do correct due diligence on their accounts - they are now looking for a new owner who doesn't notice that the main future revenue is trickling away and that the overheads are way over the top of sustainable.

I think they're in for quite a ride this season, come May it could boil down to a play off against very tough opponents to decide whether the club continues to exist.

I wouldn't fancy that, then again I wouldn't gamble the lot like they keep doing.

It isn't a matter of them stabilising and surviving this season, with the wages they have taken on they have no choice - they must go up.

That is actually quite funny, so good to see you have found a sense of humour. OK, on a serious note, what do you believe would have been/would be an appropriate punishment for pompey given what they have done? What do think the prem/FL should be doing in pompey's case to remove the stain this will leave and how can repatre the damage?

Please try and put this in context of punishments suffered by other clubs for lesser evils.

Its clear that there is absolutely no consistency in dealing with these issues, whetehr linked to financial irregularities by owners or simple expenditure way beyond income - its this lack of a consistent and equally applied punishment that is truely reflective of the level of defaulting on loans and debt on which transsient success has been based that this thread has reached this number of posts - life may not be fair, but surely the rules governing the game and thus ensuring a level and equal playing field should be if a sport is to have any credibility at all? MIstakes on the pitch, dodgy goals and bad refs are part of the game that make being a fan interesting if frsutrating, but this total lack of equality in the way the various governing bodies deal with clubs who in effect 'cheat' financially for short term gain is what is so wrong, and why so much vitriol. Would be interested to hear what you think your punishment should have been?

That is actually quite funny, so good to see you have found a sense of humour. OK, on a serious note, what do you believe would have been/would be an appropriate punishment for pompey given what they have done? What do think the prem/FL should be doing in pompey's case to remove the stain this will leave and how can repatre the damage?

Please try and put this in context of punishments suffered by other clubs for lesser evils.

Its clear that there is absolutely no consistency in dealing with these issues, whetehr linked to financial irregularities by owners or simple expenditure way beyond income - its this lack of a consistent and equally applied punishment that is truely reflective of the level of defaulting on loans and debt on which transsient success has been based that this thread has reached this number of posts - life may not be fair, but surely the rules governing the game and thus ensuring a level and equal playing field should be if a sport is to have any credibility at all? MIstakes on the pitch, dodgy goals and bad refs are part of the game that make being a fan interesting if frsutrating, but this total lack of equality in the way the various governing bodies deal with clubs who in effect 'cheat' financially for short term gain is what is so wrong, and why so much vitriol. Would be interested to hear what you think your punishment should have been?

Seem to remember Salisbury being relegated TWO DIVISIONS last season for being late with ONE of their cva payments!

Different governing body again, but it seems the higher up the pyramid you are the lesser you get punished.

Seem to remember Salisbury being relegated TWO DIVISIONS last season for being late with ONE of their cva payments!

Different governing body again, but it seems the higher up the pyramid you are the lesser you get punished.

What happened with Swindon Town? Weren't they effectively relegated two divisions for financial irregularities?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-spurs-are-staggered-by-punishment-tottenham-escape-relegation-over-illegal-payments-but-fa-sanctions-send-a-shudder-through-white-hart-lane-1422815.html

Interesting article from '94

Swindon were relegated two divisions although it was reduced to one on appeal.

However this was back in the time of the Poll tax riots.

Just as a slight aside on a Wednesday afternoon, if you want a smile read this old Phil McNulty blog from July 2008, particularly enjoyed the line 'Add to this a new 36,000-seater stadium overlooking Portsmouth harbour and Redknapp is going to leave a very healthy legacy'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2008/07/crouch_confirms_portsmouths_ri.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-spurs-are-staggered-by-punishment-tottenham-escape-relegation-over-illegal-payments-but-fa-sanctions-send-a-shudder-through-white-hart-lane-1422815.html

Interesting article from '94

Swindon were relegated two divisions although it was reduced to one on appeal.

However this was back in the time of the Poll tax riots.

It's articles like that, bring a warm glow. How storries defence coming along???

I was surprised to hear Redknapp this morning banging on about Bale - I thought he was outside Sandbanks nick.

As they have already avoided two nailed-on court defeats I don't have high hopes for justice from the tax evasion charges, but it's good to have a dream.

Better not mention them to any potential buyers, it might affect the price.

I was surprised to hear Redknapp this morning banging on about Bale - I thought he was outside Sandbanks nick.

As they have already avoided two nailed-on court defeats I don't have high hopes for justice from the tax evasion charges, but it's good to have a dream.

Better not mention them to any potential buyers, it might affect the price.

I've always maintained that the tax case will be the one that comes back to haunt them. If they can throw in some financial irregularities on top (Which by defualt of the payment to the player, could consititue that) it could be the funniest thing since aunt mangle caught her left tit in the mangle (Cant remember who sang that)

Pes when you read this drivel,,You tell-em We received the right amount of punishment for being Nawty, If the powers that be thought it should of been more severe we would have received it,(Honist)

Pes when you read this drivel,,You tell-em We received the right amount of punishment for being Nawty, If the powers that be thought it should of been more severe we would have received it,(Honist)

err huummmm

If the powers that be think we have recieved the appropriate penalties then we won't receive any more, if they don't they will apply the right amount at the relevant time.