Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

To be fair given equal circumstances Saints and Pompey will draw the same level of support as evidenced by the 17,000 ish averages (presumably from the mid 1920's when attendances were more realistically compiled)

However it is a fact that over the past 50 yrs, Saints average has been 19,000 against Pompey at 14,000 and only since 2001 have Saints had the larger ground

a) Agree but it is what it is and we can only work with what is in front of us. Don't forget the FL clubs voted to accept the deal.

b) I cant agree with this, obviously you'd choose very different parameters than I would. Personally I see too very similar sized clubs with the ability to draw on similar levels of support under the right circumstances. Until we enjoy the same facilities and sensible pricing structure (We have finally begun to market and price games competitively) it's impossible to make fair comparisons. As you can see, and we can only go on facts, Portsmouth and Southampton are neck and neck in historic average attendances and neither are Premiership teams but top Championship sides, a place I'd personally be happy to compete with you at. :)

attendances-all-time.gif

Lol how far back do the stats have to go to get Pompey above us for attendances?

What was the capacity at the dell and how often was there plenty of space places to stand? I only went a few times as a kid and it was always rammed.

Away support is a good measure though. Saint have a larger catchment area so it's no surprise there is a larger following but we also have the potential of a much larger following. Pompey have.......

Middlesbrough Freefall.

Portsmouth Insolvencia.

I struggled to find Garforth Town on that list, I recall that they were going to be supplying half the Brazilian international team and knocking on the door of the championship by now under the mad primary school teacher - I guess that's been put aside to get Scotland into the top six in Fifa rankings.

If they are still in with a shot of promotion, disgustingly, yes. Come on Cardiff, QPR, and A. N. Other. Don't let the cheating, lying bastards get away with it.

Its very possible although it depends what Chainrai's long term motives are. Even having been promoted they are still far from an ideal investment and there isn't any prizes for where any TV money or subsequent parachute payments would end up if they weren't sold on.

Also will be interesting if any of the Boltons, Wigans or Blackpools of this world offer a few million for any of them. Don't forget they still have a CVA to fund.

Ok Pes lets forget for a minute that your ground holds a lot less than ours and lets forget that you are in a higher league than us.

Lets go by away support.

That way,it doesnt matter if you have a smaller ground.If your support is better,then surely you would take more fans than us to away games?

But last week {when it looked like your last game),a lot of your fans said to SSN,that they wont go to your away game ,instead they would "Wait and see what happens".

Sorry mate,but if that was Saints,we would take the whole population of Southampton and surrounding areas to that last away game.

Careful, he'll trot out the "we took 10,000 to Liverpool once upon a time" line. They always do...

Avram Grant's settled in nicely, then again he should be comfortable as he's just coming up to the milestone of a whole year in the relegation zone.

They might sack him or he'll get them relegated, but they won't be able to take his spirit.

It still makes me chuckle that while the taxman was at the door they still paid for a car and driver to carry him between industrial estates where his club tracksuit would end up around his ankles while little Avram went to work.

Odd but hilarious events from the last year, no.294.

Avram Grant's settled in nicely, then again he should be comfortable as he's just coming up to the milestone of a whole year in the relegation zone.

They might sack him or he'll get them relegated, but they won't be able to take his spirit.

It still makes me chuckle that while the taxman was at the door they still paid for a car and driver to carry him between industrial estates where his club tracksuit would end up around his ankles while little Avram went to work.

Odd but hilarious events from the last year, no.294.

Funniliy enough he was banging on about spirit after getting done at the emirates on the weekend!

I think anyone can manage Chelsea with the quality in the squad there, even Avram.

It just keeps giving doesn't it! Good to see their business plan is based on break even. Every crowd below what was projected. Every loss on programmes. Every unexpected bill another nail in the coffin.

And how much over budget is the wage bill at the mo? If they are 8 mil into next years money already before half way through the season, allowing for some extra cost involved to get through the admin process, would it be a fair guess that by the end of the season they will be around 15 mil down on where they were budgeting?

Getting promoted would offset that I guess but considering there recent history gambling with Millions doesnt sound like the bestest business plan in the world. Its amazing that the FL and others have backed them and bailed them out with advances on future payments. What are they going to say if Pompey do eventualy go pop? What are they going to say to the next club that runs themselves into the ground thinking the FL and so on will bail them out no matter how badly things have gone?

They have set the bar for others to follow and if they change there stance they will get slated for the preferential treatment of another club. well done to the FA, FL and Prem. lol

And how much over budget is the wage bill at the mo? If they are 8 mil into next years money already before half way through the season, allowing for some extra cost involved to get through the admin process, would it be a fair guess that by the end of the season they will be around 15 mil down on where they were budgeting?

Getting promoted would offset that I guess but considering there recent history gambling with Millions doesnt sound like the bestest business plan in the world. Its amazing that the FL and others have backed them and bailed them out with advances on future payments. What are they going to say if Pompey do eventualy go pop? What are they going to say to the next club that runs themselves into the ground thinking the FL and so on will bail them out no matter how badly things have gone?

They have set the bar for others to follow and if they change there stance they will get slated for the preferential treatment of another club. well done to the FA, FL and Prem. lol

I may be entirely wrong but I believed someone on here calculated that Kitson and Lawrence's wages were around 50-60% of the total wage budget alone.

Are the PL going to loan £8m to all the other teams looking for promotion? or just the CHEATS? They must have some real dirt to hold the PL to ransome with!

My line of thought exactly! While thinking about them dipping into next season's parachute payments I wonder if they are going to be allowed to do this until those payments run out? By my reckoning that would leave them, at the end of year 3, with no cash to come? Has nobody in authority got the balls to say enough is enough?

What will poor pumpy do then? Apart from liquidate?

Are the PL going to loan £8m to all the other teams looking for promotion? or just the CHEATS? They must have some real dirt to hold the PL to ransome with!

Good point. Maybe all the other promotion candidates can get an advance on future PL payments? After all, it's their money, they just haven't received it yet.

Lol. Lampitt couldn't comment, what kind of Chief Executive is he if he has no idea what is going on?

Half of next season's parachute money gone already :)

Anyone got any idea where the money for the first CVA payment is coming from, because their income stream seems to have been spent already!

Pay up Pompey? I doubt it ;)

Anyone got any idea where the money for the first CVA payment is coming from, because their income stream seems to have been spent already!

whilst we are at it, now that they are out of admin have those owed less than £2500 now been paid by Chinny as promised?

hopefully the taxpayer sponsorship deal has now finished and this promotion push is being sponsored by the Prem league - when do they get their name on the shirts?

Wasn't the original deal muted as an advance and reduction in overall parachute payments? - instead of £16M next year, maybe £12M now, type of arrangement?

If that is the case they are in massive trouble, why else would the league give up cash before they need to?

Sounds like the bloke who drove the Hull City bus over the cliff is now chasing off any other buyers by releasing these details, or justifying why the club is worth nowhere near what Chanrai will ask.

Everytime you think Chanrai is set to get some profit the money seems to be needed elsewhere - he was promised January money, had to hijack some transfer cash instead, must have fancied the next parachute, that's promised to football creditors and the future revenues are being eaten up just to pay the HUGE wagebill.

How long before Chanrai jacks it all in as a bad idea?

A year ago the only thing they had to attract a buyer was the ability to generate Prem money

Six months ago the only asset in the business was future parachute money.

Every time they take an advance they are reducing the value of the business and the realistic chance of future investment.

I hope Lawrence and Kitson are good because the simple choice is invest in big wages, or vital ground redevelopment.

Instead of a 30,000 seater stadium they are buying a ginger bloke a new Ferrari - and the worst thing is as he drives off up the M275 taking more cash out of the city, the car's going to clash horribly with his hair.

Lol. Lampitt couldn't comment, what kind of Chief Executive is he if he has no idea what is going on?

I'm actually beginning to wonder if Chainrai has any interest in servicing the CVa at all

A couple of questions.

1. The £8m advance, does that mean with the current squad and outgoings, their season is currently costing them £16m or more? Where does that sit with the forecast on the CVA? And how did that compare to the Griffins CVA? I wonder how many creditors are wishing they'd gone for that one instead....

2. The parachute payments continue until they run out, or Skates go up, whichever comes first right? If they go up, the extra years money gets redistributed to the other teams? So if they go up this season having spent next years cash, do they have to repay it?

Re: Dundee

Quote:

The SFL board said in a statement: "We are of the opinion that lessons are not being learned. Clubs have to realise that they can't treat their HMRC tax obligations as something akin to a credit card."

Taking this on board and comparing with Pompey...................!!!!!

I may be entirely wrong but I believed someone on here calculated that Kitson and Lawrence's wages were around 50-60% of the total wage budget alone.

It was me - their wages, at approximately £160k a month between them, account for almost exactly a third of the £495,000 monthly budget.

Also worth bearing in mind that Hayden Mullins, Michael Brown, Richard Hughes, Dave Nugent and John Utaka are each earning more than Kitson or Lawrence...

As we all know how Corpse loves people to provide him with quotes, can I just go on record now by saying that they are still CHEATING!

So, in 2 years - probably six months though when they get liquidated! - we will have a quote for the Corpse :)

The reason for my statement is quite simple....

They are cheating because they are having to borrow money that is not rightfully theirs until NEXT year, in order to pay the wages of the players at the club THIS year. That to me, says they are playing with a squad that they CANNOT afford, thus not living within their means, and therefore CHEATING!

I hope that some of the other chairmen / directors of the other championship clubs have taken note of the statements in the press and are currently contacting the FL, as all rivalries aside, they have gone past the point of bending the rules, and seem to be making up their own new ones!

Corpse, please note, this is not a rant from a bitter and twisted rival supporter, but a little bit of common sense and reason being applied to the situation. I would like to see some comments from the more reasonable skate fans, but don't expect a great deal from PES who probably thinks they deserve the money.

Beware the ides of March

March is their first CVA payment.

Get ready for the small print, I believe that Clapham (Our resident Administrator) found some wording in the CVA that payment wasn't guranteed or dependant on them actually having the cash (Not meant to sound as stupid as that reads)

So Gemmel, are you trying to say that the CVA says that creditors will be paid only if Pompey can afford it and if there is no money in the bank then they won't get any? That sounds a really appealing deal and quite frankly hope that actually turns out to be the case and that those who voted for it get nothing for being so stupid.

So Gemmel, are you trying to say that the CVA says that creditors will be paid only if Pompey can afford it and if there is no money in the bank then they won't get any? That sounds a really appealing deal and quite frankly hope that actually turns out to be the case and that those who voted for it get nothing for being so stupid.

Pretty sure the first payment of 4 pence in the pound was conditional on a) the club raising enough money in transfer revenue, and b) with the cost of administration deductible.

So what, in theory, was more than £3m being paid out to creditors in March will be - at best - £1.5m.

AA has previous for this at Swindon. Over the years of his CVA there, as the supervisor and chair of the creditor committee meetings he would simply 'revise' his CVA, claiming special powers to do so. This is why he got slated for his handling of Swindon.

Now he is recycling his methodology and applying what I see as a barely legitimate robbery of the UK PLC. This is not what the administration process was designed for, AA is just abusing it at his paymasters requests. The Griffin deal was realistic to the skates, and set realistic lower league ambition for the next few generations.

The failure by the Fraud Squad, CPS, PL/FA/FL, HMRC and High Court Judges to let this continue quite frankly summarises how it has all gone wrong in this country, we are total pushovers nowadays and will bow down to bullyboy tactics, threats and lies. Pompey symbolises the crumbling, broken society we risk becoming.

So now it looks like 4p in the pound, minus expenses, in an every man for himself scenario to grab what ever is in the skates bank/fulgers account?

Its Prem or bust f'sure.

Its like a bloody disease down there, it really is. So utterly, desperately corrupt. Mind you, it is a desperate city, and practise like this must be common down there.

Dundee getting 25 points deducted just illustrates what a farce the whole thing has become with Pompey. The justification from the SFA was a very clear message obviously relating to the Pompey situation, I seriously hope the FL sit up and take note.

Now so far Pompey have been very clever in bending FL rules IMO, if they default on the CVA the FL have to apply a heavy points penalty.

If the creditors do get shafted I wonder if they will raise enough self publicity and start to turn the PR tide against Pompey. I won't hold my breath though

If what Gemmel has alluded to is true I don't think Chainrai had any intention to service the CVA at all.

Its like a bloody disease down there, it really is. So utterly, desperately corrupt. Mind you, it is a desperate city, and practise like this must be common down there.

Kin-ell anybody would think its a leper Colony down our end of the ally, should we close the draw bridge and get a tow to Australia,

My guess is chainrai will do as little as possible to service the CVA but will make sure it's done. It won't do him any good at all to let it slip and put the club closer to liquidation. He has bent the club this far so will see it through till the end of the season at least.

If they are out of chances for promotion then it may be a different matter though.

The FA/FL/Prem/Courts/HMRC have all missed there chances to make a statement and force the club to do things properly. They have let the rules be bent and now have to follow through with the bending in a hope that there will be justification in the end.

Would be interesting if the other teams in the various leagues started to expect the same treatment though.

Kin-ell anybody would think its a leper Colony down our end of the ally, should we close the draw bridge and get a tow to Australia,

truth be told, if I had to choose one the cities to live in, it would be..............(sorry I just can't bring myself to say it).

Beware the ides of March

Get ready for the small print, I believe that Clapham (Our resident Administrator) found some wording in the CVA that payment wasn't guranteed or dependant on them actually having the cash (Not meant to sound as stupid as that reads)

Another thing to consider.

If this is true and Pompey don't keep to the CVA, would this protect them from a points deduction for failing to keep to the CVA?

As the creditors agreed to it even if they may have overlooked it. . .

Beware the ides of March

Ooh someone else spotting that AA is renowned for bringing the IP Industry into disrepute. Nothing illegal of course and nothing that does anything but give a success for his paymasters and his business. But, like those Urimat waterless urinals that you find in Pubs loos these days - it may say everything is fine, no chemicals water or odours, but it still leaves a nasty smell

Another thing to consider.

If this is true and Pompey don't keep to the CVA, would this protect them from a points deduction for failing to keep to the CVA?

As the creditors agreed to it even if they may have overlooked it. . .

Think Bournemouth went down that road, didn't they go Admin CVA admin?