Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Cotts is belly aching is hinting to old Chinny (we need more players),,,,Like wise old Chinnys Hart to Hart on solent was letting Cotterill know as far as pfc are concerned his wallet is flatter than a witches tit,

That f**cking Cotterill should change his name to "Country Avram", he's just like a, redneck version of Grant!! The T@T ;)

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

I think some of them are getting it. Spoke to a skate today, just a bloke with a skate shirt on, in front of me in a queue, and after the usual banter had a discussion on future financial position. He simply said that if they dont get promoted this season then they are toast. (he said a naughty word with sexual conertations really, but thats what he was saying). He said he didn't even know how they would survive to end of season.

However he also said that he has spoken to others PFC fans who think they would be best off in Championship for a while, and they really thought they were financially safe!!!!!

Basically he said he was 'looking after the club' for the time being but didn't want to be a long-term owner and that 'the right owner is out there somewhere'.

Perhaps he should punch a hole in the back of his wardrobe? Maybe the new owner is behind it along with the lion and the witch?

"The most loyal fans in football"

FFS

Where do they get this **** from? Where's the evidence? Just because they look unfortunate. Mental.

And "leading clubs"...

Ahh, I've just finished the article and seen it is a short "comedy" style piece. I can excuse the ludicrous hyperbole in that case.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php/266409-Portsmouth-Back-in-the-****.

An interesting half hour read, mainly for the perspective from fans of other clubs.

Absolutely amazed at this moron's comments and signature:

Ben_AFCB

No al Calcio Moderno

Aug 2006

Bournemouth

Good luck Pompey from your South Coast brothers. Stick in there, these things usually turn out ok from previous experience!

Southampton fc- Obsessed with AFC Bournemouth since 2010.

Lol, South coast brothers. Lol, we're obsessed with them. F()ck off you skanky little bucket rustler...

Lol, South coast brothers. Lol, we're obsessed with them. F()ck off you skanky little bucket rustler...

LOL - yes, he/she/it is all over that forum on any Saints related thread (and others), and the style is not dissimilar to the poster on here after the Bournemouth match, who's name I forget ?Ollie?

Ben_AFCB

No al Calcio Moderno

Aug 2006

Bournemouth

Good luck Pompey from your South Coast brothers. Stick in there, these things usually turn out ok from previous experience!

LOL - yes, he/she/it is all over that forum on any Saints related thread (and others), and the style is not dissimilar to the poster on here after the Bournemouth match, who's name I forget ?Ollie?

I also noticed that, there was me thinking he had something to contribute to the debate. What a quaint little Bompey Boy.

a bit of a blow when the most ruthless of football venture capitalists sees no point in taking on a club within a whisker of a Prem play off place.

Then again Manadaric must have seen all the different versions of the accounts and knows a lot more about the real state of the club.

Another indication that the business is still in big trouble.

Kitson or Lawrence got their new Ferraris yet?

It's hilariously mad that they outbid one of the richest clubs in the UK to take on those two - and that Utaka's contract is running down to zero which should turn him into a player that costs them the best part of £20M - approx £3M for each good performance.

It makes Ridsdale look unlucky - and the train wreck is still going on.

Looks like Mandaric was never going back to Pompey after all

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9183098.stm

Mandaric really is very very lucky isn't he. First he had those grate fans at Portsmouth - perhaps even the best fans in the world. But then he goes to Leicester and discovers that they also have great supporters. Maybe wherever he goes he finds great supporters .

I had a great day today at Cheltenham races. A couple of winners and a day in the county is definitely good for the spirit. It was Countryside Day and I was one of the few people there not wearing tweed. Packs of hounds were shown off and there were loads of trade stalls. There also was a Silent Auction in aid of a horsey / hunting charity. Most of the prizes in the auction were associated with racing and hunting (eg breakfast on the gallops with JonJo O'Neil which went for £500 // days out with various different hunts which went for around £200) but amongst the huntin' ,shootin' and fishin' extavaganza was the opportunity to bid for a trip for 2 to Portsmouth FC. Lunch, car parking and programmes were thrown in!! I just hope that whoever won this "prize" doesn't wear their country tweeds to Notarf Krap.

The auction still had a few minutes to run when I left. The Pompey package was going for £125 just before the end. To put this in context, 2 tickets for the play "War Horse" were going for £250. I just hope the person who bid this much to watch Pompey realises that he has to pay them this amount - not them paying him!!

he and Grant must use the same divining twig, the industrial estate visitor found great fans at West Ham too.

And Chelsea.

I expect they are all knowledgable and have passion, and uniquely, they create an intimidating atmosphere for visiting teams - and any game they play against a team within fifty miles is a derby to compare with Milan or Glasgow.

No doubt the players are pulling together, standing up to be counted, not quite getting the rub of the green, trying to find that little bit of quality in the final third, while the fans will be having half-time Bovril, and pies.

God bless Nigel Adkins for not spouting cliched drivel - we know we are in trouble when he grabs a microphone and starts ranting about our spirit.

I had a great day today at Cheltenham races. A couple of winners and a day in the county is definitely good for the spirit. It was Countryside Day and I was one of the few people there not wearing tweed. Packs of hounds were shown off and there were loads of trade stalls. There also was a Silent Auction in aid of a horsey / hunting charity. Most of the prizes in the auction were associated with racing and hunting (eg breakfast on the gallops with JonJo O'Neil which went for £500 // days out with various different hunts which went for around £200) but amongst the huntin' ,shootin' and fishin' extavaganza was the opportunity to bid for a trip for 2 to Portsmouth FC. Lunch, car parking and programmes were thrown in!! I just hope that whoever won this "prize" doesn't wear their country tweeds to Notarf Krap.

The auction still had a few minutes to run when I left. The Pompey package was going for £125 just before the end. To put this in context, 2 tickets for the play "War Horse" were going for £250. I just hope the person who bid this much to watch Pompey realises that he has to pay them this amount - not them paying him!!

They will probably turn up to find that the tickets wont allow them in and P****y have pocketed the money. Just like the cancer charity money they collected and then kept!

Ben_AFCB

No al Calcio Moderno

Aug 2006

Bournemouth

LOLED myself silly with that quote from Bompey boy from geriatric zimmer frame town. Yeah were obsessed alright. Obsessed with getting as far away from your 2 bit football club/fans as possible!!! PMSL @ you . MUPPET!!! :D

****poor crowd, three yellow cards, a straight red and a home defeat.

Oh dear. That cash haemorrhage is going to look pretty unpalatable to old Mr Chanrai if that sorry state of affairs continues.

They probably could've done with Lawrence today :)

They have been really unlucky - it might have been a red card but why did the ref send 5,000 spectators home as well??

Even when our day doesn't go to plan there's always something to make you smile.

Terrible attendance, poor display from the highly paid superstars in blue, more discipline issues, suspension pending, further adrift from the automatic places that a team on that budget has to be in.

And that is the only small parallel between our two miserable games today - we too should be up the top with our squad and beating the likes of Carlisle, but if we fail this season, our five year plan takes an annoying dent.

If they fail, pfc will be liquidated.

a cople of snippets http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=221306

Balu's hair job

Graham Gooch, Shane Warne, Elton John have all famously have the Barnet Fair re-laid over recent years. Well to that list it looks like you can add the name of current Pompey Chairman Balu Chainrai. Pictures on the BBC of his interview with Tony Husband and then the library pictures used afterwards clearly showed that a new growth is beginning to appear.

Just need a bit of fertiliser from the groundsman's hut and all should be well. Don`t use the manure though as it gets messy!!

Small creditors paid off!

I have it on good authority that the plan of Balu Chainrai to pay off the small creditors in full has now started via Hacker Young. This will be good news for some businesses - Pukka Pies will get their £40! - but not for those who were owed slightly more

Only 14,828 there today!? Just out of interest, anyone know what our lowest Saturday attendance was when we were in the Championship? (Bearing in mind they will probably have worse when the cold of winter starts to bite)

Remember the the Blue Few give away 2000 tickets every week to the forces, and sometimes an extra 1000 to local schools. Dont think they did this week. But makes you wonder having to give away tickets just to get people through the doors.

be interesting to see how AA's projected income from transfers, attendances and wage reduction is stacking up - I sense a dodgy revised and reduced cva looming as he's miles off target.

Then again he'll be concentrating all his efforts on the investigation into the accounts as I'm sure he's desperate to get to the bottom of it - initial results due at the end of the month I think?

And those pesky players will want wages again as well.....big wages that the income doesn't cover.

If they were going to go out of business because some Italians had withheld €1m and some Russian wanted £2m paid immediately, then it surely is only a matter of time before they go under (I know that the threat of extinction was bluster but....). Of course the chairman could dip into his pocket, but he seems to be broadcasting to the world that he doesn't want to be there (so the opposite might be true) so am not sure how much he is prepared to lose. And lose is what will happen, I suspect even if they should gain promotion.

be interesting to see how AA's projected income from transfers, attendances and wage reduction is stacking up - I sense a dodgy revised and reduced cva looming as he's miles off target.

Then again he'll be concentrating all his efforts on the investigation into the accounts as I'm sure he's desperate to get to the bottom of it - initial results due at the end of the month I think?

And those pesky players will want wages again as well.....big wages that the income doesn't cover.

No doubt. I've been expected the offer of 0.5p in the pound for a while now. It stinks.

Of course the chairman could dip into his pocket, but he seems to be broadcasting to the world that he doesn't want to be there (so the opposite might be true) so am not sure how much he is prepared to lose. And lose is what will happen, I suspect even if they should gain promotion.

He went on record to say they needed to borrow again to finish the season didn't he? Who on earth would loan them money with little hope of being repaid (as all future income is going towards the CVA)?

This season really is Sh!t or bust for them.

now he's responsible for the losses Chanrai is sounding like the voice of reason - or is he just sounding like a shrewd money lender?

Sounds like he's told Cotterill that he can bring players in, but perhaps he needs to reduce the wagebill first....

Send the ridiculously overpriced loans back, give a couple of the superstars away in January, and use a fraction of their mammoth wages to pay some lesser players that might keep the club in the division, and more importantly, still in existence.

Either that or carry on trading the AA Storrie way - put everything on black and cross your extra fingers.

Whatever you say about those two they've got nerves of steel - you wouldn't want to play poker against them, they won't quit until they have lost the lot.

What odds on Storrie, being the man inside the costume.

What an outrageous statement. How dare you make such fun at the expense of this contracts expert. I'll wager he be too busy advising the government on matters of sport and contract than indulging in shameless money-making.

But apart from that, everything is fine and dandy in Cheatsville. :lol:

They are gaurantteed some income because the FL has their Season ticket money and is handing it back as appropriate as the season progresses. I cant remember how many ST's they sold but lets say 5000. And if they are averaging 10,000 other tickets sales every match that is at average $20 add on season tickets and tv money you get about $600000 per month... Wages for their 2 highest earners comes to nearly half that not including tax NI etc. Then you have rest of squad playing staff, backroom staff, daily exspenses etc. They cant be breaking even.......... The sums even by me the worlds worse mathematician dont just add up.....

Edited by landford.saint

They are gaurantteed some income because the FL has their Season ticket money and is handing it back as appropriate as the season progresses. I cant remember how many ST's they sold but lets say 5000. And if they are averaging 10,000 other tickets sales every match that is at average $20 add on season tickets and tv money you get about $600000 per month... Wages for their 2 highest earners comes to nearly half that not including tax NI etc. Then you have rest of squad playing staff, backroom staff, daily exspenses etc. They cant be breaking even.......... The sums even by me the worlds worse mathematician dont just add up.....[/QUOTE]

IF you were the worlds worst mathematician, then they definitely wouldn`t add up, would they?:?;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/9192325.stm

Mandaric back in the frame at Wednesday

The new favourite is former Portsmouth and Leicester City owner Milan Mandaric.

The 72-year-old has been tracking the situation at Wednesday for some time and has recently banked a reported £40m from the sale of Leicester City to a Thai group.

Mandaric's interest in the Owls was confirmed on Monday by former chairman Dave Allen only days after the Serbian-born businessman issued a statement to distance himself from a bid for the club.

you wouldn't want to play poker against them, they won't quit until they have lost the lot.

Surely that's the kind of people you would want to play poker against?

If as you say they do take a more realistic line on the wages after january they may finally be able to start earning some respect from other clubs.

The whole 2 fingers up at the world approach has managed to just about keep the press towing the poor old Pompey line but it won't be long before it turns to poor old Pompey will never learn! If it gets to that point then they will find even less people ready to help them out.

Little way to go yet it seems.

I can make it a Sticky, but then we'd be accused of promoting it PES.

It is the thread that will never die, until we have to rename it the 'Portsmouth Memorial Thread' and stick it in Golden Posts.

Anyway, it is another 10 hours since your cess-pitt of a club has failed to pay local charities, continued to hoodwink the football league and take the **** out of every British tax-payer. I suspect that it cause for celebration for the CHEATS.

Does Tony Lynham have Baloo's number?

Bump ;)

They have GOT to be kidding!

the very first comment after that article

1 BournemouthBlue,

17/11/2010 08:25:34

If they can keep the club stable and away from loans and debt, I for one will be be grateful.

We may not have a big squad, but at least it's affordable and we're not cheating, stealing and tax dodging to pay for it (I hope!).

I much prefer this season to the last two in the premiership.

Never want to go back to that situation ever.

at least it's affordable and we're not cheating

With awareness like that amongst their fans, I'm amazed they even have the ability to switch a computer on

And Chainrai has admitted they will 'consider themselves lucky' if they leave the club without taking a financial hit

No sh-t Sherlock!

This is the first time he's admitted that a profit from his 'shrewd investment' seems unlikely, is he now looking at accepting the first reasonable offer that limits his losses?

That just means making the place look mildly profitable and debt free for a new owner.

Oh well, it's good to have a dream.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})