Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I actually remember a fair bit of disquiet here and with friends down the pub about the reverse take-over, the attempt to get shares off of a holder on the cheap and the fact that you wouldn't want to buy a used car off of Wiseman.

and the fraud squad did do some investigations.

Yer but! look wot your getting,,A true piece of footyball history, Antique even, A ground with a moat, The Bestest fans in the whole wide World (wear talking quality not quantity) not to many overheads,(fanks mu lord),,,No room for expanding, so no big outlay there,, As we are an island there could be a few tax concessions an-all. the list of positives must be endless,

:lol:Mack, you're a funny man....

Yer but! look wot your getting,,A true piece of footyball history, Antique even, A ground with a moat, The Bestest fans in the whole wide World (wear talking quality not quantity) not to many overheads,(fanks mu lord),,,No room for expanding, so no big outlay there,, As we are an island there could be a few tax concessions an-all. the list of positives must be endless,

You lot are all one big happy family, literally.

Lol - great post. If all Pompey fans were like you there would be far less animosity between us.

Sorry mate, rewriting history again. I've never boasted about anything. I didn't even come on here gloating when we won the cup (although I did read everyone's posts and laughed myself silly at 99% of you lot saying we only won it because we played lower league opposition all the way through - and I laugh now at, again, the rewriting of history as that's been changed to we "cheated" to win it when there was no mention of that at the time).

But again, you show either a complete disregard for or a wilful ignorance of the facts on the actions of Pompey fans. Before you start bigging up yourselves (again) for your protests try and remember that a group of Pompey fans actually got to meet with the PL to discuss their concernsand a mass rally was planned only to be scuppered by the local paper, who have been pro Chainrai from the start running a story that it had been cancelled (there's one for conspiracy theorists). We've also had several of our fans in contact with various journalists and publishing stories that have been picked up by the media (large chunks of both the recent Spectator and Martin Samuel pieces were lifted from articles published online by Pompey fans).

Stop bigging yourself up all the time and I might be a bit more civil. You remind me of what a german player said of Ballack - if he were made of chocolate he'd lick himself

Ah ze Germans... wasn't that where you said the money was coming from? Y'know, the big money? In fact, you did come across a bit boastful...

And there is the problem. They can't penalize somebody for not existing when they sanctioned the non existent person in the first place.

Ah, but it was the PL who sanctioned Al-Mirage. Also, the FL are more trigger happy with the points deductions (or at least they were).

To say they have got lucky is an understatement;

1) If they had been any other type of business they would have been liquidated in the courts.

2) If Richards hadn't got invloved, there would be potential reprocussions, but as he did, it is now unlikely

3) If the parachute payements hadn't gone up, then the CVA would be impossible to support and the secured debt would have out stripped the income.

4) MaWhiney retiring at just the right time.

It all looks like a pact with the devil type situation, doesn't it? :evil:

But i still maintain, Storries court case will come back and haunt them.

Here's hoping! :D

Sorry if this has been posted but this is on 606;

"Portsmouth chairman Balram Chainrai has made no secret of the fact that he would rather sell the club sooner rather than later. Having been bitten once from the middle-east, many Pompey fans will be wary of another front man coming from that part of the world.

Reports from the UAE suggest that multi-billionaire Sheikh Ra' Tellen ' Raull is coming to the UK this week to commence talks with a view to taking control of Portsmouth Football Club. The sheikh was intending come to the UK to get things going a couple of months ago, but the trip had to be put on hold when his business partner Sheikh Al' Egh was confined to his bed.

They say they will be thorough in clearing all the clubs debts and insist they will be 'like a new broom' with the help of their accountant, Sheikh En' Vak.

Once in control, they plan to invest up to £1bn in the side to guarantee Champions League victory by 2015.

Mr James Bond is to be appointed Manager and the new 80,000 capacity stadium will be named Martini Park, thanks to sponsorship funding arranged by Sheikh Hennot Sterr'd"

I guess it must be a joke!!!

"Portsmouth chairman Balram Chainrai has made no secret of the fact that he would rather sell the club sooner rather than later. Having been bitten once from the middle-east, many Pompey fans will be wary of another front man coming from that part of the world.

Reports from the UAE suggest that multi-billionaire Sheikh Ra' Tellen ' Raull is coming to the UK this week to commence talks with a view to taking control of Portsmouth Football Club. The sheikh was intending come to the UK to get things going a couple of months ago, but the trip had to be put on hold when his business partner Sheikh Al' Egh was confined to his bed.

They say they will be thorough in clearing all the clubs debts and insist they will be 'like a new broom' with the help of their accountant, Sheikh En' Vak.

Once in control, they plan to invest up to £1bn in the side to guarantee Champions League victory by 2015.

Mr James Bond is to be appointed Manager and the new 80,000 capacity stadium will be named Martini Park, thanks to sponsorship funding arranged by Sheikh Hennot Sterr'd"

probably NOT

after all they have fallen for every other con artist

Sorry mate, rewriting history again. I've never boasted about anything.

What a load of garbage. We all remember your hilarous "Pompey transfer rumours" threads when you gloated, daily, about all these fantastic players that were coming to the club with the biggest and best fanbase in world football. Oh, how you laughed. Pompey in the Champions League wasn't a hope, it was inevitable for your gigantic megaclub.

Spare us the wounded swan routine.

Mack. if you could bottle and sell whatever it is you're on you'd be a very rich man indeed...:lol:

Good to see the few are only 5 points away from where they belong in the Championship under their reckless gamble

Keep it up boys, only 5 more points for Boro & the others to m ake up before you drop into your rightful place

the relegation zone

Yeah but no but yeah but no but Phil they are also, on the downside, the same number of points from a play off place as well. Annoying isn't it ?

Comedy gold

Good to see the few are only 5 points away from where they belong in the Championship under their reckless gamble

Keep it up boys, only 5 more points for Boro & the others to m ake up before you drop into your rightful place

the relegation zone

Whilst relegation would be hilarious, I'd happily settle for them simply not to go up. Surely that would be enough for BC to pull the plug and asset strip all he can. I can't see him funding Lawrence, Nugent, Kitson et. al. for another season.

Squeaky bum time for the blue phew. :lol:

Whilst relegation would be hilarious, I'd happily settle for them simply not to go up. Surely that would be enough for BC to pull the plug and asset strip all he can. I can't see him funding Lawrence, Nugent, Kitson et. al. for another season.

Squeaky bum time for the blue phew. :lol:

Yep that's a fair comment.

It isn't as much of a lol'age as their current position though. Imagine the fun as the pressure builds if they continue to stumble for the next couple of games.

They probably won't, but it does seem that Red Card for their "low cost loan" superstar affected their momentum.

Wonder how long it will be before they start to spot the "adverse number of dodgy ref decisions" during games has a trend to it, bit like we did for a while?

My view of whether I want to see them stay up or go down depends on my view of whether we will go up or not.

At the moment I'm on the "Plucky Pompey win relegation battle on last day of the season" side of the fence. We can send them down next season.

No way can I see them going up. Their squad is too sparse and too fragile.

Why oh why cant more skates be like you, in fact MR aren't you really trying to suppress the Saint that is deep inside you trying to blossom into the light.

You`re not by any chance related to Ottery are you??

Brilliant.

For those that had missed it, read the names out loud...

Au contraire' date=' SIP, my glas is most definately full of a very nice Italian red wine thank you very much. Cheers...:D[/quote']

And with a busy week ahead for me appearing on Sky Sports all week from the golf down here, (I'll be the one wearing a golf cap) mine is most definitely empty this evening as I have to be up and away by 6am!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/22/portsmouth-steve-cotterill-signings

The club are gambling on going straight back up..............

Sulaiman al-Fahim, the former Portsmouth chairman, will ask his legal advisers to write to the club for clarification regarding the 10% share he retains from his previous ownership.

It is thought that this share is represented by the £5m he is owed by the club. If so, as an unsecured creditor, he may receive around £1m over the next five years under the terms of the Company Voluntary Arrangement with which Portsmouth emerged from administration.

Hands up those who think the Ice Cream Doctor actually invested £5m in the club?

Do I hear £4m?

£3m?

£2m?

£1m?

My view of whether I want to see them stay up or go down depends on my view of whether we will go up or not.

At the moment I'm on the "Plucky Pompey win relegation battle on last day of the season" side of the fence. We can send them down next season.

No way can I see them going up. Their squad is too sparse and too fragile.

Well that's the propaganda the Cheats keep spouting, but it looks fairly solid to me. Plus BC could bring in a few more loans in the Window if he thinks the gamble may pay off. CVA be damned of course if it goes tits up. An owner who cared for the future of the club would avoid yet another administration at all costs, considering the FL would throw the kitchen sink at them if they did.

Unfortunately for the phew they don't have such an owner. :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/22/portsmouth-steve-cotterill-signings

The Portsmouth board has told Steve Cotterill, the manager, he can make up to four signings in the January transfer window as the club look to bounce straight back into the Premier League.

And so it continues. Gambling is indeed the appropriate term. Heads they go up and stave off execution (possibly temporarily, unless they can find a sucker owner with some cash - BC will extract as much as he can). Tails it's curtains (BC will extract as much as he can and then toss out the rotten corpse).

I wouldn't read too much into that report, if anything I think it reads like the club are just trying to get the message across that any signings are out of their control and is up to the Football League. They might be trying to gamble, or just buttering the few up for the inevitable sales of their top earners.

"Steve Cotterill has been told he can buy three or four players in January. Whether these are loan or free signings or for money depends but he understands the club has to work within its budget," a highly placed source at the club said. "The Football League closely monitors all of our dealings, which we respect."

If they gamble and fail the Football League will look like a right bunch of idiots if they end up in admin again.

The Portsmouth board has told Steve Cotterill, the manager, he can make up to four signings in the January transfer window as the club look to bounce straight back into the Premier League.

And so it continues. Gambling is indeed the appropriate term. Heads they go up and stave off execution (possibly temporarily, unless they can find a sucker owner with some cash - BC will extract as much as he can). Tails it's curtains (BC will extract as much as he can and then toss out the rotten corpse).

I'm assuming they're all rioting in protest down on the island tonight then? I'm constantly hearing their fans say "you can stick the Premier League"..."prefer it in the Championship". They can't be happy BC's gambling their club's future trying to get them to somewhere the blue few don't want to be?

The final bit about Al -Fahim.... If he is due 1,000,000 pound over 5 years:- Is this in addition to the amount they already owe, or is it already included but he is just seeeking clarification. Because in their position finding even 200,000 pound a year might be difficult.

The final bit about Al -Fahim.... If he is due 1,000,000 pound over 5 years:- Is this in addition to the amount they already owe, or is it already included but he is just seeeking clarification. Because in their position finding even 200,000 pound a year might be difficult.

I think he is ****ing in the wind, unless the 5 million was as a loan. My understanding (Could well be wrong) is that this was for his stake in the club/company) so he effectively just bought shares, those shares are now worthless and the comoany will be disolved shortly and a new one formed.

Fahim seems to want clarification that his shares are worth the same as shares in Southampton Leisure Holdings?

He is dim - or about to pull some significant piece of paper out of his pocket that proves some bizarre cash claim approved by Storrie....

I go for the former.

He's far more lucid than Ottery :D

WTF Lucid?,,,,,,,(I'm only f*ckin with yer!)

Unless Ottery has webbing,,,,(thats like DNA down ear) not related,

er! in doors is off down the Pompey shop, Get the boy a new Kappa top, I told her waste of money, Gone-a need a new prem one come may,

He is dim - or about to pull some significant piece of paper out of his pocket that proves some bizarre cash claim approved by Storrie....

I go for the former.

Surely Storrie, couldnt have secured a 3rd loan on the same assets?

It would be quite intersting if Fahim has some ownership in the new company.

I guess if chanarai didnt pay anything for the club from admin, that all shares are carried across into the new holding.... including fahims..

If they want to sign players, that will be cash upfront and the wages in an escrow account, to satisfy the FL.

If chiny wants new players, he will have to cough up..... just can't see it.

He'll probably cough it up as a loan, to be paid back (with significant interest) after Cheats FC either sleaze their way up, or go into administration yet again, (or both).

On a skate board:

........... with a Brighton supporter, sitting amongst the away fans, before anyone starts!

Reason for posting is that I can happily report, as these two teams are amongst the front runners in League One, we have nothing to fear if either or both of them come up next season (assuming we're still in the Championship of course!)

Allowing for the fact this was a local derby of sorts, of the two teams, Seagulls were easily the more superior and you could see how they've established their lead at the top of the table - smother the opposition at the back and then hit them on the break. Frequently!

Gawd only knows how the home side have racked up 6 successive wins at St Marys. They looked like rabbits in the headlights at the back at times, and I reckon they owe a LOT to their keeper Davies, especially as he made a good save from the Seagulls penalty.

I know some will say they're not interested in hearing about a League One game but, as I said, either or both of these two could be playing us next season, and I really don't think we have much to worry about if they do on last night's showing!

Did he really watch the same game as me?

that is a funny skate report, definitely written for 'local people'.

I would suggest that any of their fans who know what a balance sheet is should be fearing dropping beneath the pair of us and Bournemouth within two years - rather than smugly cheering themselves up with fantasy game reports, they might want to check out the parking in Aldershot.

And Gemmel me old mucker - you must have it wrong because I had skates telling me only last week that the alleged criminality by senior officers of the club on club business in the name of the club, had nothing to do with....the club...

They need to refer to the bloodbath that was Luton v the FL.

that is a funny skate report, definitely written for 'local people'.

I would suggest that any of their fans who know what a balance sheet is should be fearing dropping beneath the pair of us and Bournemouth within two years - rather than smugly cheering themselves up with fantasy game reports, they might want to check out the parking in Aldershot.

And Gemmel me old mucker - you must have it wrong because I had skates telling me only last week that the alleged criminality by senior officers of the club on club business in the name of the club, had nothing to do with....the club...

They need to refer to the bloodbath that was Luton v the FL.

The report was only for the benefit of those Skates who can read, but do not have the intelligence to make up their minds that there may have been some anti-Saints bias in it.

What has been conveniently overlooked by the fantasist Skate, is that last season in the FA Cup, we dominated the game against them and they only went ahead when substitutes were introduced that shouldn't have been on the pitch because the Skates were trading whilst insolvent. He seems to have forgotten that at that time, Pompey were a Premiership team while we were still in the third division.

But as you say, one hopes that by next season, some calamity might have overtaken the cheats that means that we will be in the Championship whilst they are in this division or lower.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})