Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They also denied the Al Faraj interview never happened and threatened to sue the media :lol: Then they apologised AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Please God, you've f**ked my life, so please let Radio 2 be true :D

But who one R2 said it? Was it a casual comment from a guest or was it part of a news bulletin?

And one more point to remember, we've been there before mate, I've walked behind a coffin down Goldsmiths Avenue collecting money for a club in administration, so we're not new to what you saints fans have gone through, it really was not that long ago

We know you've been done this road before, problem is now there are points penalties that can perpetuate the downward spiral......... No cash, -10, -27 if there are financial irregularities, smaller crowds (hard to imagine I know based on your sell outs!), best players in ANOTHER firesale.........

Could you be in league 2 in a few years, back in oblivion.

I don't doubt you know Pompey's been in admin before, many on here seem to think Saints have a monopoly on 'The downward spiral', Pompey's been run dreadfully all my supporting life, we will get over it and I promise it won't be as big a blow to us as fans as it has been to the Saints fans who saw their team stumble out the top flight for (In many cases if not most) the first time in their saints supporting lives.

PES...I know full well that pompey were in admin before..thing is, apart from the odd chuckle..no one was REALLY too bothered...just had the old "who is up for a whip round" comments at The Dell..

the hatred, gloating and pish taking from you lot (not you personally) this summer when we very nearly went bust was awful...and now the tides are turning and you are surprised we are not giving out what we got..?

wait till we play you again mate (if we ever), you will see how funny we all find your fall from your (brief) spell in the top flight...

Edited by Thedelldays

PES...I know full well that pompey were in admin before..thing is, apart from the odd chuckle..no one was REALLY too bothered...just had the old "who is up for a whip round" comments at The Dell..

the hatred, gloating and pish taking from you lot (not you personally) this summer when we very nearly went bust was awful...and now the tides are turning and you are surprised we are not giving out what we got..?

wait till we play you again mate (if we ever), you will see how funny we all find your fall from your (brief) spell in the top flight...

Funny how we all see things differently, I worked in a large factory in Hamble during our last encounter with Administration and I can assure you with no word of a lie the hatred and gloating from saints fans was horrendous, I'll also be honest enough to say it was not the majority, just like it's a minority of Pompey fans that wish 'Extreme' hardship on Saints (Though a bit of embaressment is always good!)

Your right about something else, I don't dish it out, cos I can't take it. I can't stand feckers who dish it out and can't take it back (I know we all know people that do), Glass houses and all that......

These bits are especially good:

"Sacha Gaydamak's sale to Sulaiman Al Fahim, more front than Harrods but as much substance as an empty can of Coke, was the catalyst of the looming disaster, especially as the Russian still owns all the land around Fratton Park - and is owed more than half the total £60m debt.

That Al Fahim was, in effect, a fraud - his claims simply not backed up and not a single bill paid during his short-lived spell at the helm - is now abundantly clear, although successor Ali Al Faraj does not have the cash required either."

It's like they're living through our nightmare - the only difference being that whereas our flakes - like tommac, lifelongnit and HMR - never actually got their hands on the club, theirs did!

History is repeated, first time as tragedy (because it really mattered), second time as farce.

Yes, that's true but I'd rather be relegated than have the whole club relocated somewhere anonymous, like Milton Keynes.

Ah, but Wimbledon relocated after suffering relegation. I suspect the two events were not unconnected. ;)

Relegation can lead to something worse than relocation: administration and winding up. I wouldn't wish that on any team..... with one notable exception. :D

Funny how we all see things differently, I worked in a large factory in Hamble during our last encounter with Administration and I can assure you with no word of a lie the hatred and gloating from saints fans was horrendous, I'll also be honest enough to say it was not the majority, just like it's a minority of Pompey fans that wish 'Extreme' hardship on Saints (Though a bit of embaressment is always good!)

Your right about something else, I don't dish it out, cos I can't take it. I can't stand feckers who dish it out and can't take it back (I know we all know people that do), Glass houses and all that......

Are you still here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

So does that mean their transfer ban will be lifted in time for next month?

You just know they will somehow get out of this mess!

If it is lifted it will be because they have paid their debts to the other clubs involved and if they did that they would not have any money left for new players. Unless someone gives/lends them gazillions.

And so it goes on...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234911/Sell-bust-Manager-Avram-Grant-unload-star-players-January-save-Portsmouth-administration.html

So if Pompey are going to have to sell players in January, as well as lose a fifth of their first team to the Africa Cup of Nations, who the hell is going to turn up in the Prem, apart from James?

And so it goes on...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1234911/Sell-bust-Manager-Avram-Grant-unload-star-players-January-save-Portsmouth-administration.html

So if Pompey are going to have to sell players in January, as well as lose a fifth of their first team to the Africa Cup of Nations, who the hell is going to turn up in the Prem, apart from James?

Nice to see Grant crying :)

Portsmouth seek delay to exodus of African players

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/10/portsmouth-africa-cup-of-nations

More news in todays Guardian on Pompey seeking to delay release of players to Africa Cup of Nations, as National teams can call players up two weeks before tournament starts on the 10th Jan.

Also where has this £2million come from to pay the inland revenue.

It amazes me that most people including many of the Pompey fans accept that it looks like major dodgy dealings at FP, but the authorities seem totally blind to it!

As for Pes I can feel his hurt and wish him the best, but I do want to see proper justice being served.

You never know it might be for the best as it has worked out for us.

For once I heard it myself, no texts from a mate this time, no siree.
I suspect you have run out of them to blame for your bad info. I suspect Evans was reading out a request from somebody who works in administration in an office in Pompey. Lol.....you need some Lugs to listen properly

The intelligent and honourable thing (yes, pigs can't fly either) for Portsmouth to do would be to borrow one last time to pay their footballing debts to clubs like Watford, and the HMRC, then go into administration this season. That way the crooks will lose out. Skates will be relegated, but escape 10 points deduction next season from the Football League. (That only leaves them with deductions for possible financial irregularities). They won't be able to afford players and will have to rely on their Acedemy, but perhaps one day they will eventually be able to restart their career in League 1 or the Conference with a clean sheet.

The intelligent and honourable thing (yes, pigs can't fly either) for Portsmouth to do would be to borrow one last time to pay their footballing debts to clubs like Watford, and the HMRC, then go into administration this season. That way the crooks will lose out. Skates will be relegated, but escape 10 points deduction next season from the Football League. (That only leaves them with deductions for possible financial irregularities). They won't be able to afford players and will have to rely on their Acedemy, but perhaps one day they will eventually be able to restart their career in League 1 or the Conference with a clean sheet.

Yep, to me it is only the lure of the PL that is keeping them afloat, the thought of future tv money is only keeping them alive. When it sinks in that the big 5 or 6 will negotiate their own tv rights will the foreign investors then run away.

The intelligent and honourable thing (yes, pigs can't fly either) for Portsmouth to do would be to borrow one last time to pay their footballing debts to clubs like Watford, and the HMRC, then go into administration this season. That way the crooks will lose out. Skates will be relegated, but escape 10 points deduction next season from the Football League. (That only leaves them with deductions for possible financial irregularities). They won't be able to afford players and will have to rely on their Acedemy, but perhaps one day they will eventually be able to restart their career in League 1 or the Conference with a clean sheet at Waterlooville's ground.

Sad

Would you lend them money?

Today's DT claims that they have parted Company with their Bankers, Barclays. I expect Barclays have told them to find alternative bankers, but who would take them on? Seems only a question of time to me before Cork Gully are knocking on the door.

So who from their current squad will be off to the African nations, loans ending or sold in a fire sale?

David James

Younes Kaboul

Aaron Mokoena

Jamie O'Hara (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Hayden Mullins

Hermann Hreiðarsson

Papa Bouba Diop

Frédéric Piquionne (on loan from Lyon)

Michael Brown

Mike Williamson

Steve Finnan

John Utaka

Anthony Vanden Borre (on loan from Genoa)

Danny Webber

Tommy Smith

Jamie Ashdown

Richard Hughes

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Aruna Dindane (on loan from RC Lens)

Tal Ben Haim

N****wo Kanu

Hassan Yebda (on loan from Benfica)

Angelos Basinas

Marc Wilson

Gaël N'lundulu

Nadir Belhadj

Joel Ward

Gauthier Mahoto

James hurst

Luke Wilkinson

Lennard Sowah

So who from their current squad will be off to the African nations, loans ending or sold in a fire sale?

David James

Younes Kaboul

Aaron Mokoena

Jamie O'Hara (on loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Hayden Mullins

Hermann Hreiðarsson

Papa Bouba Diop

Frédéric Piquionne (on loan from Lyon)

Michael Brown

Mike Williamson

Steve Finnan

John Utaka

Anthony Vanden Borre (on loan from Genoa)

Danny Webber

Tommy Smith

Jamie Ashdown

Richard Hughes

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Aruna Dindane (on loan from RC Lens)

Tal Ben Haim

N****wo Kanu

Hassan Yebda (on loan from Benfica)

Angelos Basinas

Marc Wilson

Gaël N'lundulu

Nadir Belhadj

Joel Ward

Gauthier Mahoto

James hurst

Luke Wilkinson

Lennard Sowah

Are there any right-backs in there? :)

article-0-078CE9E8000005DC-418_306x433.jpg

:lol: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

:lol: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I assume he is not really crying but just rubbing his eyes!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})