Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Except that the quote is...

"And in an outspoken interview, Pompey director Sulaiman Al-Fahim blames the club's ex-boss Redknapp and former owner Sacha Gaydamak for the club's desperate plight."

Yeah, but what I meant was that Al Fahim is nothing but a bit player now, compared to Al Faraj's 90% and his woeful running of the club.

Mighty Portsmouth took 480 odd to Sunderland today...LMAO

I was listening to Talk Sport this morning, Mickey Quinn read out an email from a Sunderland fan - "I'd like to hello to all the P*mpey fans comming up to the Stadium of Light today. And the taxi driver bringing them"!!

Proper lol moment.

Does this mean that the Pompey News will now withdraw their campaign to get Harold a knighthood?

Nice to see Spuds lost to Wolves at home though. I read in some paper elsewhere that Harold will have to sell in January to buy. Has he ever achieved success without a pot of someone else's debted gold?

he he he.

Dubai is working to put on a "Soccer 7's" event in March next year along the lines of Rugby 7's weekend. Got chatting last night to some of the organisers who are tied in with local FA and with "the Powers that be"....

They are working to quietly "build a sustainable role for the development of football world wide" and are apparently fecking furious that Sultan Bin Trump keeps popping up and making a fool of himself and adding to the "everything about Dubai is cr*p" stuff that the Brit Media love running at the moment.

The more vague comment was allegedly something along the lines of "does he really not understand that if he'd done all that stuff to make his "Fame & Fortune" in any other country in the world he'd be banged up for around 20 years by now? Why does he keep drawing attention to himself?"

Set us off on a real lolage on the idea of a spread bet as to who would get banged up first - HspendalotR, Storyteller or Sultan Bin Trump.

Tee hee

looked like about twenty of them on the telly - that's not even a whole household.

I still don't see that snatched point paying off a single debt, and that's where their real problem is.

I did chuckle at the Wolves v Redknapp result though, it had everything!

Spare a thought for the Darlington fans:

Pity the 30 or so hardy souls (including Mr Blobby and Buzz Lightyear) from Darlington, bottom of the League, who made the 12-hour, 706-mile round trip from County Durham to Torquay - so few that the club didn't even run a supporters' coach - only to witness a 5-0 humiliation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1235561/All-fizz-Coca-Cola-Football-League.html#ixzz0ZfetNqO5

Spare a thought for the Darlington fans:

Pity the 30 or so hardy souls (including Mr Blobby and Buzz Lightyear) from Darlington, bottom of the League, who made the 12-hour, 706-mile round trip from County Durham to Torquay - so few that the club didn't even run a supporters' coach - only to witness a 5-0 humiliation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1235561/All-fizz-Coca-Cola-Football-League.html#ixzz0ZfetNqO5

Never mind that! Did you see the bit where it states: 'Even the cash strapped Saints.....' Er, Cash strapped!?!? :D

Never mind that! Did you see the bit where it states: 'Even the cash strapped Saints.....' Er, Cash strapped!?!? :D

Like a saddo I emailed the jurno and pointed out his error to which I received the following reply.

Apologies. Next time I'll just refer to them as a club which cheated its creditors and fellow clubs by running up a debt it couldn't sustain, if you prefer!

In this case, cash-strapped referred more to Southampton's position when they thought about signing Lambert. I trust the new owner is slightly better at managing money than Mr Lowe and company.

Since we've already outspent the rest of the divison combined I would suggest the answer is yes, he will.

Is yours still selling The Big Issue to raise capital?

No the big cheeses down hear have a new novel way, When the next truck load of Barny Rubbles comes along some knut shouts Ostrich!:rolleyes:,,,simples,

Apologies. Next time I'll just refer to them as a club which cheated its creditors and fellow clubs by running up a debt it couldn't sustain, if you prefer!

In this case, cash-strapped referred more to Southampton's position when they thought about signing Lambert. I trust the new owner is slightly better at managing money than Mr Lowe and company..

I don't understand what that is supposed to mean?! Have I missed something here?

I presume that the Arab fellas haven't called him in, so does this mean that Gaydamak can't be paid by the Arabs so has sent his own man in to get his money? Not a good move for Pompey I dwouldn't have though. Gaydamak has been quite patient really - while no doubt Pompey think he is a bit of a ****, he did sell something that he owned and he hasn't been paid for it. I would want my money quick smart.

STATEMENT OF "NO CONFIDENCE" IN THE BOARD OF PFC

The time has come for those who support Portsmouth Football Club to make their feelings known about the chaotic ownership and top level management of PFC.

After almost three months under new ownership, we still have no clear idea about the state of the club other than that it is in a financial mess. Creditors, players and staff are being paid late and short term loans being raised in order to try to meet running costs. The club is seemingly rudderless with anonymous owners who refuse to communicate with the fans.

There is great anxiety that the club is being carved up and being bled dry by people who seem not to care whether we have a stable playing environment or whether its fan base is so wounded by the parlous state of the club that their passion and support is being sorely tested.

It must be made clear, however, that every single Pompey fan supports wholeheartedly the players, coaching staff and all the administrative staff who, on a daily basis and under what must be severely trying circumstances, keep this great club running. We salute their dedication.

We have been told on several occasions this year by owners, prospective owners and executives that the club would be moved to new levels we would not believe. Sadly it is now obvious fans have been deceived and the very future of our great club is at stake.

We make no demands, we simply want to see our Football Club run by people with openness, honesty and integrity.

And on those three principles we say to the Board. "We have NO CONFIDENCE in you

We have been told on several occasions this year by owners, prospective owners and executives that the club would be moved to new levels we would not believe.

The various parties involved with Pompey were not lying. The new level was downwards and into the Championship....YOU HAVE GOT TO BELIEVE IT We do :)

We have been told on several occasions this year by owners, prospective owners and executives that the club would be moved to new levels we would not believe.

To be fair I'd have though that part has happened. I would not have beleived what has happened was going to happen if someone had told me a year ago! ;)

A STATEMENT OF CONFIDENCE IN THE BOARD OF PFC

The time has come for those who support Southampton Football Club to make their feelings known about the chaotic ownership and top level management of PFC.

After almost three months under new ownership, we still have no clear idea about the state of that club other than that it is in a financial mess. Creditors, players and staff are being paid late and short term loans being raised in order to try to meet running costs. The club is seemingly rudderless with anonymous owners who refuse to communicate with the fans.

There is great anticipation that the club is being carved up and being bled dry by people who seem not to care whether they have a stable playing environment or whether its fan base is so wounded by the parlous state of the club that their passion and support is being sorely tested.

It must be made clear, however, that every single Southampton fan supports wholeheartedly the board who, on a daily basis and under what must be severely trying circumstances, keep this great club running headlong toward the abyss. We salute their dedication.

We have been told on several occasions this year by owners, prospective owners and executives that the club would be moved to new levels we would not believe. It is now obvious that Saints fans have had their implicit faith, in the boards and various owners, rewarded.We have not been deceived and the very future of Poopey is at stake.

We make no demands, we simply want to see Poopey run by more of the same type of people with a style of honesty and integrity as previously displayed by previous boards.

And on those three principles we say to the Board. "We Southampton fans place our CONFIDENCE in you"

Now, Al Fahim is considering suing Al-Faraj because he is being held responsible for it not going through by Gaydamak, who in turn is considering suing him. It has also emerged that Hong Kong-based businessman Balram Chainrai, who has provided Pompey with £20m in the form of a loan, is becoming increasingly frustrated by the club’s failure to secure re-financing.

:smt043

Gaymadman is about to sue the ice cream doctor, the ice cream doctor is about to sue the second fake sheik. Now all we need is the second fake sheik to sue Gaymadman and the circle is complete! :smt046

TOM+&+JERRY+-+WITH+SPIKE.jpg

krissyboy31

Jesus, even funnier than that is the comment below by "P*mpey Chap" ROFL :lol: :lol: Today 08:20 PM

Beat me to it, talk about burying your head in the sand. Oh its all the nasty press people's fault.

See picture of Pompey Chap Below

81c00_ostrich-burying-head.jpg

I don't understand what that is supposed to mean?! Have I missed something here?

Probably had a nice juicy story lined up about Saints' fall from grace into oblivion, or supports a rival team and has a mouthful of sour grapes now that he's only just realised from that email that we're not in financial trouble any more.

Never mind that the debts were related to infrastructure and we already had new owners and money when we thought about buying Lambert...

Looks like they're very much on borrowed time to me.

It looks like the Prem will withold their Sky money to pay football creditors, esp. Watford and the ones that are in financial trouble.

That leaves any other creditors that will have been promised some of the Sky money more than a bit peed off and one of them will more than likely try and pull the plug on them. Then it's just down to the administrators and whether they can make the creditors and any potential buyer agree on a price, or whether they're wound up and assets sold off to pay the creditors what they can...

The Guardian report that they still owe Chelsea a "seven figure sum" for Glenn Johnson. Surely this is something the football authorities have to look at? Clubs, when trading players, should surely be obliged to pay off any outstanding debt on that player, before banking the transfer fee. What they've allowed Portsmouth to do here is akin to selling a house and banking the money without paying off the mortgage.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})