Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Assuming they are still going and don't have points deducted, I think Pompey will stay up. There are worse sides than them.

But what on Earth has happened to Liverpool? They are a pale shadow of their former selves. Take Gerrard & Torres out of their side and they are no better than Birmingham (for example)

Assuming they are still going and don't have points deducted, I think Pompey will stay up. There are worse sides than them

This is true but the question remains as to what will happen to them in January.

If they are forced to sell then that, coupled with the loss of Africans, could mean that there really aren't many worse sides than them.

Assuming they are still going and don't have points deducted, I think Pompey will stay up. There are worse sides than them.

But what on Earth has happened to Liverpool? They are a pale shadow of their former selves. Take Gerrard & Torres out of their side and they are no better than Birmingham (for example)

Have been saying this for some time now. The Prem is littered with some dire teams - with the start that Pompey made they should be dead and buried by now, but such is the lack of quality that other teams have failed to capitilise. That, and of course there is always one 'dark horse' who falls into the relegation fight a bit like Newcastle last year - perhaps WHU this.

Judging on that performance - I can see them staying up, perhaps comfortably as well.

I have always thought Rafa would turn it around given time but Rafa deserves the sack for this performance. I mean if he cant get his team to get a result against those bunch of jokers he has major problems. They took up where the sun doesn’t shine today and that is embarrassing especially against those inbreds.

Harsh but true!

given how long this has been going on for, I am resigned to the fact that they will survive both as a club and in the premiership.

8 wins in the league will mean they will stay up. I can see 10 winable matches for them. I have ignored draws.

Saturday, 19 December 2009 ops! Are you Lowro in disguise :smt116

Portsmouth v Liverpool, - lose

Saturday, 26 December 2009

West Ham v Portsmouth, - win

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Portsmouth v Arsenal - lose

Saturday, 9 January 2010

Fulham v Portsmouth, - lose

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Portsmouth v Birmingham, win

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Portsmouth v West Ham, win

Sunday, 31 January 2010

Man City v Portsmouth, lose

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Man Utd v Portsmouth, lose

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Portsmouth v Sunderland, win

Saturday, 20 February 2010

Portsmouth v Stoke, win

Saturday, 27 February 2010

Burnley v Portsmouth, win

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Portsmouth v Chelsea, lose

Saturday, 13 March 2010

Liverpool v Portsmouth, lose

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Portsmouth v Hull, win

Saturday, 27 March 2010

Tottenham v Portsmouth, lose

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Portsmouth v Blackburn, win

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Wigan v Portsmouth, win

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Portsmouth v Aston Villa, lose

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Bolton v Portsmouth, lose

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Portsmouth v Wolverhampton, win

We are staying up we are staying up ,,,,,,,,until next week anyway:cool:

not a good development for them, all they need is Mandaric's file to go to court and you have the pattern that a club's senior officers have all systematically conned the taxman = financial irregularities = huge penalty.

As for yesterday, two cracking finishes but Liverpool were awaful, and for the guy on here who said that the red card was for nothing, don't think I want to play in any games he's reffing.

While the off pitch gathering storm is set to rain down during January, the little business of football makes the Upton Park clash MASSIVE.

If they win it they need to set their new target as midtable to wipe out an admin penalty.

Are we about to witness the start of the greatest escape act of all time or will they draw 0-0 at appalling West Ham?

Apparently Pompey are being probed for payments to an offshore account - these payments were signed off by con-man Azougy.

In todays Sunday Mirror. £500k has gone missing.

Surely this would finally be seen as 'financial irregularities.' A nice convenient excuse for the Premier League to dock points and no longer have this mess as their problem.

not a good development for them, all they need is Mandaric's file to go to court and you have the pattern that a club's senior officers have all systematically conned the taxman = financial irregularities = huge penalty.

As for yesterday, two cracking finishes but Liverpool were awaful, and for the guy on here who said that the red card was for nothing, don't think I want to play in any games he's reffing.

While the off pitch gathering storm is set to rain down during January, the little business of football makes the Upton Park clash MASSIVE.

If they win it they need to set their new target as midtable to wipe out an admin penalty.

Are we about to witness the start of the greatest escape act of all time or will they draw 0-0 at appalling West Ham?

I would take a point now. Puts us on 15 points at the turn of the year which most fans would have been happy with given our start.

I would be an excellent ref. I would have sent off Ben Haim for the tackle and subsequent dive (two yellows there) and made sure Mascherano was ok before letting play continue.

Seriously though, I didn't think it was a red at all. Both players went for the ball at a funny angle - someone was likely to get hurt but there didn't appear to be any malice or recklessnes there IMO.

(and the first goal should have been disallowed).

Benjii mate, he stamped on him, not that there is anything wrong in that but he did go over the top, but I fully support your policy of a red card for just wearing a blue shirt.

Anyway, once again the weekend that Pompey have a massive result, several others gather big points too - they just can't get off the bottom.

Looks like a must-must win on Boxing Day and that's before you take into account the penalties that will be flying about at some point soon.

But the Liverpool result could be the one that kickstarts their season.

I remember one year we were struggling in that position and then we beat Liverpool 2-0 at home and everything changed, we went on a fantastic run that carried us to safety.

sort of.

We are crap, there are three crapper teams than us though. 6 winnable home games gives us a great chance if we can get the wins

these crapper teams dont happen to have more points than you do they, dont happen to have a transfer embargo, dont happen to be corrupt to the eye balls and not about to lose a fist full of players for a few weeks..

yes, I can see your point now

We are crap, there are three crapper teams than us though. 6 winnable home games gives us a great chance if we can get the wins

If there are three crapper teams than yours can you tell me what positions they are in at this moment in time. Are they all going to be losing players to Africa in January? Are various members of their ownership and directors missing? Are these three teams in a deep financial mire, as in not being able to pay wages and borrowing money to pay off loans? As in mortgaging their anticipated SKY money?

If they are all in a worse condition than your team then things will definitely look better for you.

If there are three crapper teams than yours can you tell me what positions they are in at this moment in time. Are they all going to be losing players to Africa in January? Are various members of their ownership and directors missing? Are these three teams in a deep financial mire, as in not being able to pay wages and borrowing money to pay off loans? As in mortgaging their anticipated SKY money?

If they are all in a worse condition than your team then things will definitely look better for you.

I'm reminded of that old Disco classic - Don't push it, don't force, it let it happen naturally...

All good things come to those who wait :D

To be Fair ESB, Pompey started the season with 14 senior players, despite this we've played well all season, we lost our first 7 games, where we should of picked up at least 5 points, we got none. Since then our form is not that of a relegated team and player for player we are better than at least 4-5 teams in our division and playing with a spirit which belies the financial chaos that surrounds our twice 'not paid on time' players.

Now for the part you will like. Everything could be made worse with the possibly impeding january sales. BUT if we can keep our squad together, avoid rotten luck with injuries and avoid some kind of point deduction, we can see off the loss of a few key players to the ANC AND stay up, but as you'll point out its a BIG If. However for the record I feel quite positive! :D