Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

cheers then, the majority of us never wanted you to go that far down this route, still you may have your wish soon

Lighten up it is the banter board ;)

And I would question your view on the "majority" not wanted to see us go bust...my view and in my experience of all things portsmyth the "majority" would've loved it.

no because there will be an AFC Pompey with no history

So all the newspaper reports are accurate as far as you guys can see then ?

I know you have made your own beds in much of this, but I do think that the culture the PL has cultivated over the past few years has contributed towards this ****e situation.

While it is schedenfreude to see you guys suffer at this time I would hate to see you go to the wall !

We need a South Coast Derby!

i do miss corpys transfer target updates...he was so very smug about all that..and dismissed any notion of financial trouble to come...

he apparently, had connections within the club

LOL... where is that plaice plunderer when you so desperately need him for a January transfer update?

By the way, including the expected sales of Kaboul, James, Smith, Williamson and the return of O'Hara AND the loss of their African Nations players, what is the total of the exodus?

LOL... where is that plaice plunderer when you so desperately need him for a January transfer update?

By the way, including the expected sales of Kaboul, James, Smith, Williamson and the return of O'Hara AND the loss of their African Nations players, what is the total of the exodus?

im still waiting for Riquelme to sign..I fear corpy got that one wrong...

And I would question your view on the "majority" not wanted to see us go bust...my view and in my experience of all things portsmyth the "majority" would've loved it.

No the 'Majority' would not of wanted it. The 'Majority' loved your fall from grace, the 'Majority' would NEVER of wanted to see our greatest rivals cease to exist, the 'Majority' know that our rivalry is special, and that without it, supporting your club won't be quite the same.

The Alternatives are a rivalry with Reading (That'll be fun) or some psuedo rivalry with a London club like Spurs who'll just look down their noses at you because to them, you really don't matter.

So all the newspaper reports are accurate as far as you guys can see then ?

I know you have made your own beds in much of this, but I do think that the culture the PL has cultivated over the past few years has contributed towards this ****e situation.

While it is schedenfreude to see you guys suffer at this time I would hate to see you go to the wall !

We need a South Coast Derby!

I would love it if they went out of business personally..and I dont hide the fact..

so many laughed so much at us in the summer whilst partying to the arab billionaire taking them over..

did they HAVE to buy crouch, defoe, johnson..

it was not the transfer fees, it was the wages that crippled them

Diarra was paid over £3m for the very short time he was there..

how much was campbell on..?

you only have to look at what we achieved (before it went wrong) to see you dont have to break the bank...

6 to African Nations, Kaboul, James, Williamson, Smith sold. O'Hara back to spurs

and to the guy about majority etc most real football fans at PFC did not want to you to go to the wall

of course they did not...

mate, I know LOADS of pompey fans and spent plenty of time in pompey through work...and nearly ALL of them wanted as much misery as possible for us

I would love it if they went out of business personally..and I dont hide the fact..

so many laughed so much at us in the summer whilst partying to the arab billionaire taking them over..

did they HAVE to buy crouch, defoe, johnson..

it was not the transfer fees, it was the wages that crippled them

Diarra was paid over £3m for the very short time he was there..

how much was campbell on..?

you only have to look at what we achieved (before it went wrong) to see you dont have to break the bank...

Oh Yes they laughed, but boy are they bricking it now!

I too am gaining a degree of satisfaction in watching the stones they threw in the glasshouse raining down on their heads now. All Saints fans are.

But come on - Life would be so, so boring if they went out of business permanently!

I love the rivalry and all that a derby day brings!

No the 'Majority' would not of wanted it. The 'Majority' loved your fall from grace, the 'Majority' would NEVER of wanted to see our greatest rivals cease to exist, the 'Majority' know that our rivalry is special, and that without it, supporting your club won't be quite the same.

The Alternatives are a rivalry with Reading (That'll be fun) or some psuedo rivalry with a London club like Spurs who'll just look down their noses at you because to them, you really don't matter.

Doesn't really bother me, because the rivalry is not just about the football. As long as the city of Portsmouth is still there we'll have something to hate.

your seeing the endgame, kaboul off in Jan, in all seriousness I think PFC is being wound down for a property deal on the ground and you will not see a PFC again ever in the current form.

As much as I want your club to cease to exist I do have some sympathy for you personally as you've always been a skate who "got it" on this site, in whatever form it took.

You've taken the ****** without being obnoxious which is more than fair and I hope that you enjoy AFC pompey in whatever non league you find yourself.

The pet skates who work at the same place as me refuse to discuss anything Portsmyth with me. I do wonder how they may have chuckled at our impending demise back during the last two years or so.

I really don't want them out of existence, totally. For them to be suffering and walking about all sheepish while I loudly read the latest match report would be enjoyable though.

OK. I agree. I for one don't want PFC to go out of business, (although that is now looking more and more likely) hell that would mean they have an end point to their suffering.

I think the few are right when they say that not many of them wanted us to go out of business, but that is being VERY pedantic, they REVELLED in seeing us suffer and never really made that distinction, AS LONG AS WE SUFFERED.

What I really want to see is the train crash resolved but in such a way that they survive and can rebuild, not as AFC Porstmouth, but as they are with all their history intact and of course straight the way down to the BSQ. I don't hate them, I just have a firm belief in Karma, and it all serves them bloody well right.

The point now however is that it's about all of us just being able to sit here and say ha fecking ha, you guys should have been a little less arrogant.

You won't get sympathy because you all laughed at us all the way down, so don't come on here now expecting any.

Revenge tastes so sweet.

OK. I agree. I for one don't want PFC to go out of business, (although that is now looking more and more likely) hell that would mean they have an end point to their suffering.

I think the few are right when they say that not many of them wanted us to go out of business, but that is being VERY pedantic, they REVELLED in seeing us suffer and never really made that distinction, AS LONG AS WE SUFFERED.

What I really want to see is the train crash resolved but in such a way that they survive and can rebuild, not as AFC Porstmouth, but as they are with all their history intact and of course straight the way down to the BSQ. I don't hate them, I just have a firm belief in Karma, and it all serves them bloody well right.

The point now however is that it's about all of us just being able to sit here and say ha fecking ha, you guys should have been a little less arrogant.

You won't get sympathy because you all laughed at us all the way down, so don't come on here now expecting any.

Revenge tastes so sweet.

To be fair to those blue few still posting here, I don't think they really expect anything bar a right royal p!55 take from us lot now. If they did then they would have not bothered coming back, a bit like the Ho.

Those remaining have had a good laugh at our expense but did so knowing that these things have a habit of biting you on the bum.

Fair play to them.

I truly feel sorry for the decent Pompey fans who have had to witness such a shambles

On the other hand there are also many nasty Gob****e individuals who deserve to suffer in the name of the team they profess to support.

There are also the Johnnie Come Latelys who emerged out of the woodwork to follow success and give it large and then slink back into their hole or dig out their Man U/Chelsea/Leeds scarves.

I guess those Saints fans on the edge of the PO post code would have suffered the most

from the JCL's

Whatever happens, the committed supporter will always follow their club and I am sure PFC will continue to exist in some shape or form and will see better days. Question is will it be sooner or later?

And Merry Christmas to you all, doh even thats red and white....... :D

fair play mate...just hope all the gloating of the FA cup win (that no one ever seems to talk about in a wider capacity) was well worth it..

Personally, all this makes me think old Gaydamack SNR was the real owner and by the looks of it, he wants as much money as he can get out of the club before you get relegated or go into Admin...anyway, one will follow the other..

this Al Faraj, what is the deal with him..I remember corpy getting all excited telling us he is supa rich..?

some say you are STILL £60m+ in debt..owing money to clubs, agents etc etc etc...worrying

I guess at the end of jan we will know if you are or not....(if you are still a football club)

as someone else said, it looks like being a straight race between stockport and the "sleeping giant" with the "best fans in the world™" pompey to who will pop first

HAHAHA

Edited by Thedelldays

Don't worry, no half decent sized football club will ever cease to exist.

We will still hate you the same when you are Portsmouth & Havant & Waterlooville United in the Blue Square - the rivallry will still be there, just much funnier for us.

at this time of year when there should be a lull and a meeting in the middle of the battle to swap family pix with Paul McCartney, I say merry christmas to Merov and one or two other sensible folk from the wrong side of the tracks.

I won't even do the obvious jokes about the rather thin calendars and diaries they will be getting tomorrow (just the one month) - as football fans I salute you in your hour of need, you are entitled to your faith, even if it is wrong, perverted, and shared by some very odd people - repent now and join us before it's too late.

And in the same festive mood I say b@llox to the gobby, cross-eyed, sister-worrying, home-tattooed, Bates-abusing, horse-trading, tarmac-laying, arms dealer-embracing, bumper ride-organising, caravan-dwelling, part-time supporting, bath-dodging, brothel-funding goons who arrogantly laughed at us, abused us in the street and boasted of billionaire arabs and world cup stadiums while we took points penalties and third tier football on the chin.

You bring shame on a club that has redefined the word through criminality and seedy dealing.

For the first time in many years, football is good.

And may Mr Liebherr, Cortese and Pardew all have a great 2010, cos if they are all doing alright, I know I am!

Judged as just a footballing force or even as a business, 2010 could be the year when there will once again only be one team in Hampshire

at this time of year when there should be a lull and a meeting in the middle of the battle to swap family pix with Paul McCartney, I say merry christmas to Merov and one or two other sensible folk from the wrong side of the tracks.

I won't even do the obvious jokes about the rather thin calendars and diaries they will be getting tomorrow (just the one month) - as football fans I salute you in your hour of need, you are entitled to your faith, even if it is wrong, perverted, and shared by some very odd people - repent now and join us before it's too late.

And in the same festive mood I say b@llox to the gobby, cross-eyed, sister-worrying, home-tattooed, Bates-abusing, horse-trading, tarmac-laying, arms dealer-embracing, bumper ride-organising, caravan-dwelling, part-time supporting, bath-dodging, brothel-funding goons who arrogantly laughed at us, abused us in the street and boasted of billionaire arabs and world cup stadiums while we took points penalties and third tier football on the chin.

You bring shame on a club that has redefined the word through criminality and seedy dealing.

And may Mr Liebherr, Cortese and Pardew all have a great 2010, cos if they are all doing alright, I know I am!

Judged as just a footballing force or even as a business, 2010 could be the year when there will once again only be one team in Hampshire

Top post, agree with it 100%

I was waiting to here news on this. Dont they get paid on the 25th but with 25th being Christmas they should have been paid today?

Think it's usually the 28th (?) but in any case today is the last banking day before then so you would expect it to be due today!

Correction: 2010 will be the year when there will be only two teams in Hampshire.

Saints and Saints reserves. :D

I just hope they don't start turning up at SMS to watch footy once Pompey finish.

How many on here actually said during summer that if we went out of business they would end up going to skateland to watch football?

Personally i feel sorry for the pet skate at work who though our troubles always wanted us to survive.

I would like to offer Seasons Greetings to all of the decent Skates (few as they are!). I don`t want to see you disappear. I just want the natural order of things to return. My future son-in-law is a Skate fan and I just want superiority over him ( as does my daughter!). You actually KNOW that Southampton is the dogs. Just admit it!!

It's Christmas Time,

Pompey are so, so afraid,

At Christmas Time,

Not Enough points from the games they've played,

And In their World, of misery,

Avram spreads no smile of joy,

They've got heads in their hands,

At Christmas Time,

They need a prayer,

To stay In The Prem this year

At Christmas Time,

It's hard,

When you're going down a tier,

There's a team that's in our county,

And It's a team thats full of *****s

Where the only thing that's scoring,

Is Avrams wrinkly **** (Allegelly)

And the Christmas Bells that ring

Are the Pompey Chimes of Doom

Well tonight thank God it's them, that's in the poo

And there won't be joy at Fratton Park, this Christmas time

The greatest gift they'll get this is year is a knife,

OHHHHHHHHH OHHHH

Where the crowds will slow go,

Because they are so oh fickle,

Fratton Park is a **** holeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Here's to you super dooper pompey fans,

-9 and then Administration

Fratton Park is a ****holeeeeeeeee

Edited by Um Bongo

It's Christmas Time,

At Christmas Time,

At Christmas Time,

They need a prayer,

At Christmas Time,

It's hard,

OHHHHHHHHH OHHHH

What a load of toss ... hopefully that wasn't the product of your imagination!

I would like to offer Seasons Greetings to all of the decent Skates (few as they are!). I don`t want to see you disappear. I just want the natural order of things to return. My future son-in-law is a Skate fan and I just want superiority over him ( as does my daughter!). You actually KNOW that Southampton is the dogs. Just admit it!!

Best wishes to you too, most people know how to enjoy a rivalry, clearly your one of them. It's swings and roundabouts, it could very well soon be your time to crow again, most my Pompey supporting life has been spent at a time when Pompey have been inferior on the pitch to Saints, so as the sun sets on what'll probably be our 5 odd years of superiority, forgive me if I don't prematurely give up the assendancy just yet, especially with Saints two divisions below us. Even when you do pass us eventually (which surely has to happen sooner or later), then from our future downtrodden position forgive me again when I boringly dribble on about our 2 League Titles and 2 FA Cup wins to your paultry 1 FA Cup Triumph, which for a club with supposedly the largest support in the south is more than unimpressive(and which incidentaly with the way the game is now you'll never better), but then that is the real nature of a rivalry, or at any rate the kind of rivalry I want to partake in, anything more viscious, spiteful and humourless, i'll leave to others. :)

Best wishes to you too, most people know how to enjoy a rivalry, clearly your one of them. It's swings and roundabouts, it could very well soon be your time to crow again, most my Pompey supporting life has been spent at a time when Pompey have been inferior on the pitch to Saints, so as the sun sets on what'll probably be our 5 odd years of superiority, forgive me if I don't prematurely give up the assendancy just yet, especially with Saints two divisions below us. Even when you do pass us eventually (which surely has to happen sooner or later), then from our future downtrodden position forgive me again when I boringly dribble on about our 2 League Titles and 2 FA Cup wins to your paultry 1 FA Cup Triumph, which for a club with supposedly the largest support in the south is more than unimpressive(and which incidentaly with the way the game is now you'll never better), but then that is the real nature of a rivalry, or at any rate the kind of rivalry I want to partake in, anything more viscious, spiteful and humourless, i'll leave to others. :)

AFC Pompey will have no history, or a ground come to think of it.

It's Christmas Time,

At Christmas Time,

At Christmas Time,

They need a prayer,

At Christmas Time,

It's hard,

OHHHHHHHHH OHHHH

A veritable master class in 21st century poetry!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})