Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In the pub the other day we did a quick poll.

Are you happy to see Pompey below us in status, league position etc or would you rather they ceased to exist.

Out of about 20 fans asked it was around 50/50.

Me - I went for the latter as did my closest friends. I remember the bitter battles (lierally) in the 70s. I remember sitting in the Fitzhugh when all the windows came in and boots were coming through the door. I remember - with some puzzlement - the real hatred Portsmouth people had for Southampton in those days and, in the end I had no choice but to reciprocate that hatred. Childish, irrational? Yes probably but we are all kids and unbalanced when it comes to football rivalry.

I accept there are decent fans down Fratton way and PES seems to be one of the better ones. Nothing personal - but I just want Pompey to disappear for ever. There is too much evilness down there to grant them a pardon. They would never be grateful anyway.

hello PES, I come to you from the Saints stronghold of Fareham (!).

It was nice to see some Pompey shirts in town after the Liverpool game, but they do seem to have gone back in the cupboard for another four month holiday...

Talking of fickle, let's not forget that in our hour of need when the club desperately needed our money we didn't fill the ground and some people booed and left when we went behind - disloyal and damaging to the awful team we had then imo.

It was just a footnote in our sad recent history but presumably those deserters were at St Marys yesterday shouting about their undying loyalty - yes, all football fans are similar - 200,000 at Southsea Common for the bus trip, three cross-eyed men and a tattooed dog at Fratton Pk now.

Rivalry is healthy BUT.....the Ted Bates night, that changed everything....

Add the poisonous vitriol since our decline and suddenly there is some serious humble pie to be consumed, but there are so few blue putting their heads above the battlements now that you will all have to eat a shedload.

To the few genuine football fans - I wish you 'some' well - to the people who think calling strangers 'scummers' in a shopping centre is a good thing to do, enjoy your last three weeks of solvency, and for god's sake stop fiddling with your sisters.

Part of me thinks there is a businessman waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces post-admin and move the club forward in some form but the cold facts of complicated ownership, debt structure, lack of assets and income, suggest the end could really be in sight.

That'll never happen people say, okay, what's going to prevent it?

You still need a dim billionaire who likes losing money.

All this "cease to exist" stuff is nonsense. The very worst case scenario is they go into admin, get docked points and get bought out by someone.

The same as what's happened to every other club that has gone into admin.

That's why I wish them the worst, because that would be they end up where Luton is, which would be **** funny.

All this "cease to exist" stuff is nonsense.

No, it's not.

The owe way more than any other club in this situation, with the ground up as security against another loan and the land surrounding owned by someone else and only the land at Tichfield worth owt.

They've already offloaded all their crown jewels player wise.

The current owner could walk away without losing a penny and the real estate becoming split in any number of ways.

They really could have to become AFC Blue Few.

PES..stop pretending pompey fans (in general) are conscientious people...most are mongs...thick stupid "pompey till I die, innit" mongs..who showed great delight in our plight abd never let us forget about it...remembering the hero worshiping going on at WBA that day and pompey fans wearing WBA shirts, the way some ruined TED Bates min silence...the way you all sang "run away, run away" at us...

and then all the gloating this summer, gloating at our pending extinction and your pending billionaire status

now, if you dont mind...fuk off

:smt023:smt023 You tell em Dulldays! You just know if we do the Houdini out of this season We will be on hear giving it large all summer.:smt116

ps,,,,if we don't is there a Geek on hear who can Even up the crests in my avator,,,,,fankyou,

Edited by mack rill

No, it's not.

The owe way more than any other club in this situation, with the ground up as security against another loan and the land surrounding owned by someone else and only the land at Tichfield worth owt.

They've already offloaded all their crown jewels player wise.

The current owner could walk away without losing a penny and the real estate becoming split in any number of ways.

They really could have to become AFC Blue Few.

The thing is though no matter how bad their situation is facts are the council wont let anyone bulldoze fratton park if it meant portsmouth had no football club. There will always be at least 5-10 thousand people wanting to pay to watch football in portsmouth every other week - so there will always be a football club in portsmouth.

Worst (best) case scenario would be AFC portsmouth in the Blue Square.

The thing is though no matter how bad their situation is facts are the council wont let anyone bulldoze fratton park if it meant portsmouth had no football club. There will always be at least 5-10 thousand people wanting to pay to watch football in portsmouth every other week - so there will always be a football club in portsmouth.

Worst (best) case scenario would be AFC portsmouth in the Blue Square.

But Portsmouth fc would have to cease to exsist for there to be an AFC Portsmuff. A team might still play at Fratton and bring some money in, but Pompey can quite easily cease to exist.

It's funny that Al Fahim made a 100% profit on the club buying it for a quid and selling it for two quid. Al Farage really needs to get at least four quid, so he can be seen to be a better businessman than Al Fahim! :)

PES don't forget you are always going to feel the wrath of the more vocal few on here. I'm pretty sure the majority of Saints fans only want to see you lot struggling below us again and not go down the pan totally, even those that say they want your club to die I suspect, haven’t really thought it all through properly.

I for one love the banter between our two clubs and whilst generally I dislike your club, I look forward to the days we can play each other again. We have no other fans that we have any kind of rivalry with and if your club was gone it’d be pretty dull being stuck on our on with no-one to laugh at (or be laughed at by, depending on our clubs situations at the time).

I do find it ironic that one or two people on here spout on about how disrespectful you lot are as a set of fans as if you are all as exactly the same, or that they make reference to how much you all mocked us when we struggled earlier this year and that you are getting what you deserve now! Maybe…. But then aren’t they doing exactly the same thing now?!?!? What goes around comes around? Well maybe yes, but it could easily go around or come around again couldn’t it, maybe one day it will! (not for a long long time I hope!) And finally the crowd debate, where are your fans now, we can get 30k in league one blah blah blah! Easy to say now we are playing the best we have played for several years, have some good players, a billionaire owner, etc, etc. On many occasions last season I questions why I was bothering to go to Saint Mary’s as it was just awful. What a difference a few months can make….. Football fans, as a generalisation we’re all the same aren’t we (apart from the fish smell) but there have been (and no doubt will continue to be) many similarities between our two clubs!

I am enjoying being a Saints fan again for the first time in several years and I wouldn’t swap our current position with your premiership status for anything. But I hope that your club manages to limp on just enough to ensure you continue to come on here PES and provide a bit of balanced banter and humour, along with the likes of mack rill and Merovingian. I’ve always found some of the skate posters on this forum (and previous versions of the forum) to provide some of the more funny posts, so keep on coming PES, I for one wish you much good luck (once you get to the championship & then subsequently in league one ;) )

Superb post Spudgun, another man who gets it! I enjoyed reading that and couldn't argue with a thing you've said. This is a GREAT forum, infinately superior to any Pompey forum and I have no intention of going anywhere, even if Pompey do go down the Toilet bowl, i'll be that bitter little voice in the corner keeping it real for the deluded. ;)

Superb post Spudgun, another man who gets it! I enjoyed reading that and couldn't argue with a thing you've said. This is a GREAT forum, infinately superior to any Pompey forum and I have no intention of going anywhere, even if Pompey do go down the Toilet bowl, i'll be that bitter little voice in the corner keeping it real for the deluded. ;)

Please, if you do go pop indulge your dual personality disorder elsewhere.

hello PES, I come to you from the Saints stronghold of Fareham (!).

As a Farehamite myself, Give it 6 months and i'll have to agree with you.

Talking of fickle, let's not forget that in our hour of need when the club desperately needed our money we didn't fill the ground and some people booed and left when we went behind - disloyal and damaging to the awful team we had then imo.

It was just a footnote in our sad recent history but presumably those deserters were at St Marys yesterday shouting about their undying loyalty - yes, all football fans are similar - 200,000 at Southsea Common for the bus trip, three cross-eyed men and a tattooed dog at Fratton Pk now.

LOL, Brilliant! I Actually own a Tattooed dog, what Insight! :D

Rivalry is healthy BUT.....the Ted Bates night, that changed everything....

Yeah I know, I wasn't dissappointed, more disgusted and depressed, because I knew a few f***wits would do it, but I guess it won't matter if I tell you till i'm blue in the face that it was LITERALLY a combination of about 3 pockets of 4 or 5 utter utter pond scum shouting Scummer (so say 20 people of 3500) a few hundered Pompey fans Stoopidly shhhhhhing the idiots, then Thousands of Saints fans choosing to vent their disgust that ruined it. I know Saints fans who we're equally angry with their own for not maintaining their own dignity when that happened, it was a disgusting event that embarressed all decent football fans.

You still need a dim billionaire who likes losing money.

Whats Mike Ashley upto nowadays? Is he still at Newcastle?

*:D*

to cut a long story short..

they are a disgusting little club with a large element of disgusting people supporting them

See, PES, this really is the rub. You are rivals and it is fun because you're a joke but it's also quite digusting. There has never been a more sleaze ridden, flea-pit of a club. Everything to do with PFC has stunk for years and frankly I am tired of the smell.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/652815/STORRIE-IN-TALKS-TO-HEAD-DOWN-UNDER.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Score_Portsmouth+%28Portsmouth%29

Storrie doing a runner now - I thought he said he was down there trying to find investment, probably just wanted the skates to pay for the flight to his interview.

So do "we" all e-mail the Aussies and point out a few allegations or do "we" keep quiet as it's only the Aussies :D

It really is a soap opera (except far more entertaining), that is the 4th negative article just today on their woes.

The more the other creditors see these articles the quicker they will be queueing up to get their money first - HMRC will be right at the front though!

There is nothing better for the soul on a Sunday morning after a Saints win than to come on here and read an article like that!

Thanks for starting my day so well.

Me too! It is great to see all those people not getting paid at Christmas - all the day to day staff at the club - ha ha ha ha! I bet they have a really bad time of it - they probably can't even pay the bills let alone get Christmas presents! Ha ha ha ha ha! It really gives me a warm feeling inside to see people struggle. It is, a you say FF, "great for the soul".

If the debt is undisputed (eg a contractual right) the actual recourse is via a Statutory Demand followed by a Winding Up Petition to the courts. All this can be achieved for

If Lens require my advice on debt recovery against UK institutions I might be able to provide my services for free this once.

that legal action could signal the start of a mad scramble for the last assets.

All creditors form an orderly queue please - football clubs just behind the taxman, Premier League, Championship and then Johnny Foreigner - financial institutions and landmine suppliers next, former players, brothels, Storrie Int Holdings and the Redknapp-Mandaric offshore children's charity behind them, local businesses at the back, and the agents who are part of the problem - they can just whistle.

Wait up everyone, let the administrator through to the front, he gets first shout, if there is anything there at all....

It's a crazy festive firesale giveaway, everything must go!

and probably will.

that legal action could signal the start of a mad scramble for the last assets.

All creditors form an orderly queue please - football clubs just behind the taxman, Premier League, Championship and then Johnny Foreigner - financial institutions and landmine suppliers next, former players, brothels, Storrie Int Holdings and the Redknapp-Mandaric offshore children's charity behind them, local businesses at the back, and the agents who are part of the problem - they can just whistle.

Wait up everyone, let the administrator through to the front, he gets first shout, if there is anything there at all....

It's a crazy festive firesale giveaway, everything must go!

and probably will.

I wonder how much the fans will sell for?

-they are, after all, probably the best fans in the world.

If the debt is undisputed (eg a contractual right) the actual recourse is via a Statutory Demand followed by a Winding Up Petition to the courts. All this can be achieved for

If Lens require my advice on debt recovery against UK institutions I might be able to provide my services for free this once.

But isn't also true that if a Winding Up Petition is served and they go into administration then Lens are likely only to recieve a few pence in the pound so why would they do that. Surely it is better to sue so to try get the money off them.

Me too! It is great to see all those people not getting paid at Christmas - all the day to day staff at the club - ha ha ha ha! I bet they have a really bad time of it - they probably can't even pay the bills let alone get Christmas presents! Ha ha ha ha ha! It really gives me a warm feeling inside to see people struggle. It is, a you say FF, "great for the soul".

Good point, cleverly made. :)

Shuddup tiggs

Cheers gimp, that's made me feel even better.

But isn't also true that if a Winding Up Petition is served and they go into administration then Lens are likely only to recieve a few pence in the pound so why would they do that. Surely it is better to sue so to try get the money off them.

Not at all. A law suit simply determines that the debt is payable, Lens will have a contract that already proves this, hence they can serve a stautory demand. A winder forces them to pay the debt of be wound up as a company

Even if they wound up Pompey they would still be behind any secured creditor. You are correct in your ascertion that Lens would get f'all pence in the pound

I still don't get it.

If all the tales of woe were accurate surely they would have gone bust by now?

How bad is it really? What will happen if the debts are called in?

We were in a different position in that we were in a lower league with good support -so it was not hard to make us economically viable. As it turned out we ended up with a sugar daddy and are debt free, possibly even making money.

But with their salary bill, low attendances, no training ground owned, poor stadium (albeit no mortgage) what options would a administrator have?

Assuming the administrator clears the debts, selling players, they would surely be destined for certain relegation.

The administrator would then be trying to sell a CCC club with no assets. Would think would find someone, but with money to rebuild?

I still don't get it.

We were in a different position in that we were in a lower league with good support -so it was not hard to make us economically viable. As it turned out we ended up with a sugar daddy and are debt free, possibly even making money.

But with their salary bill, low attendances, no training ground owned, poor stadium (albeit no mortgage) what options would a administrator have?

Assuming the administrator clears the debts, selling players, they would surely be destined for certain relegation.

The administrator would then be trying to sell a CCC club with no assets. Would think would find someone, but with money to rebuild?

They haven't gone bust yet because no creditor has called in the debts that they haven't been able to pay yet. Lens suing will probably be the trigger that starts the beginning of the end unfortunately.

I still don't get it.

FP has been used as security on loans totaling £15mill.

I don't understand all this Pompey negativity. Didn't that well respected journalist and media star Piers Morgan state categorically that Al Fahim was extremely well minted and Pompey were in for an exciting time in the hands of such a wealthy owner?

Surely the once editor of a high profile British newspaper would only report the truth!!!

All this "cease to exist" stuff is nonsense. The very worst case scenario is they go into admin, get docked points and get bought out by someone.

Maidstone?

Accrington Stanley?

Aldershot?

Any real football clubs?

Any real football clubs?

Gretna. A Scottish Prem club relegated all the way down the Scottish divisions, in administration, and now don't exist.

Any real football clubs?

Kindly name a football club with the amount of debt that the skates currently have with the same amount of assets that the skates have? I can't think of any.

if they go out of existence could that mean one more team promoted from each division!

Same thought crossed my mind some time ago. Imagine Saints finishing 7th, and making the playoffs (and winning!) because of P*****'s demise. :D

Sadly, I think would be easier (and more likely) that they would simply have one less relegated team in CCC, L1 and L2. But P*****'s demise would still be a source of great merriment.

We need them like Kirsty McColl needs Shane McGowan in FairyTale of New York. Personally I'm revelling in their plight but would hate to see them gone for ever. A club needs a rival, can't summon the effort to hate Reading or Bournemouth or Brighton.

I know a fair few Pompey fans, some of which I would class as mates as long as we never talk about football. Then, despite the fact we've known each other for 20-odd years proper hatred and revulsion (from them) rises to the surface.

We need them like Kirsty McColl needs Shane McGowan in FairyTale of New York. Personally I'm revelling in their plight but would hate to see them gone for ever. A club needs a rival, can't summon the effort to hate Reading or Bournemouth or Brighton.

I know a fair few Pompey fans, some of which I would class as mates as long as we never talk about football. Then, despite the fact we've known each other for 20-odd years proper hatred and revulsion (from them) rises to the surface.

How about the big four being our rivals in 10 years?;)

The big four of 2015 - Arsenal, Saints, Notts County and QPR....debts hving crippled Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Though I believe county don't actually have two pennies to rub together and Bernie refuses to buy anything that doesn't improve the hospitality area so that might not happen either.

As we are currently halfway down the third tier I might have to accept just Premiership consolidation in five years time.

And Champions Lge glory the following year.

if pompey go into admin and take a points penalty .They get relegated will they thne still have parachute payments next season to make them highly competitve for re promotion under a new regime with their debts cleared?

They are far from dead IMO. In fact if they dont lose too many players they will stay up.

I was surprised there was no singing of 'They only score in a brothel' over the weekend

if pompey go into admin and take a points penalty .They get relegated will they thne still have parachute payments next season to make them highly competitve for re promotion under a new regime with their debts cleared?

They are far from dead IMO. In fact if they dont lose too many players they will stay up.

I was surprised there was no singing of 'They only score in a brothel' over the weekend

Really? You think they will be competitive after all players of any kind of value have been sold and they are relying on a youth team in front of crowds of about 10k?

You think the creditors/administrators will not have taken any parachute payments into account?

You also forget that nest seasons TV money is spoken for.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})