Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

if pompey go into admin and take a points penalty .They get relegated will they they still have parachute payments next season to make them highly competitve for re promotion under a new regime with their debts cleared?

They are far from dead IMO. In fact if they dont lose too many players they will stay up.

I was surprised there was no singing of 'They only score in a brothel' over the weekend

Can't see that Nick seeing as they've several loans etc secured against future TV revenue. So would have to say that with HMRC & all the footballing debts, plus I would have thought that administrator would count any future payments into the admin kitty as there garanteed payments into the football club.

dont see that they could walk away from debt & then recieve said payments afterwards. Off course I may well be wrong. Needs a financiall wiz. What do you think Clapham?

Can't see that Nick seeing as they've several loans etc secured against future TV revenue. So would have to say that with HMRC & all the footballing debts, plus I would have thought that administrator would count any future payments into the admin kitty as there garanteed payments into the football club.

dont see that they could walk away from debt & then recieve said payments afterwards. Off course I may well be wrong. Needs a financiall wiz. What do you think Clapham?

Perhaps the future parachute payments are/would be already taken. Im just too cautious and expect them to gert lucky again.

I dont want them to be lost forever, although at times !!!!!!!!

if pompey go into admin and take a points penalty .They get relegated will they thne still have parachute payments next season to make them highly competitve for re promotion under a new regime with their debts cleared?

They are far from dead IMO. In fact if they dont lose too many players they will stay up.

I was surprised there was no singing of 'They only score in a brothel' over the weekend

I like you Nick, I really do! You paint a relatively rosy (though unrealistic) future. But I know your tactic well, expect the worst and quietly pray for the best. One of my favourites is to place Money on Saints to win things that i don't want them to, works EVERY time!

What are Saints current promotion odds by the way? Gotta be worth a few quid! :)

I like you Nick, I really do! You paint a relatively rosy (though unrealistic) future. But I know your tactic well, expect the worst and quietly pray for the best. One of my favourites is to place Money on Saints to win things that i don't want them to, works EVERY time!

What are Saints current promotion odds by the way? Gotta be worth a few quid! :)

Lol, in a way you could be right. I have seen the injustice served on others whilst Pompey have time and again got away with it. I dont have anything personal against the decent Pompey fans as you know. I have never felt it was fair that the time you went into administration you never rec eived just penalties. Then in the last 5 years you have overspent and bought success.It can be fairly argued we did to a degree when we went Wilde, but we had our medicine. Now it is your clubs turn if life is fair...but of course we know thaqt is not the case and so I expect you to come out smelling of roses or the like.

Lol, in a way you could be right. I have seen the injustice served on others whilst Pompey have time and again got away with it. I dont have anything personal against the decent Pompey fans as you know. I have never felt it was fair that the time you went into administration you never rec eived just penalties. Then in the last 5 years you have overspent and bought success.It can be fairly argued we did to a degree when we went Wilde, but we had our medicine. Now it is your clubs turn if life is fair...but of course we know thaqt is not the case and so I expect you to come out smelling of roses or the like.

Sea anenomes perhaps?

I don't think Pompey will come out of this smelling of Roses (or Sea Anenomes). I don't think we did last time round, we did get a new owner in Madandrich (Don't get me wrong I like the fella) who got very lucky with Promotion, Factors being Collapse of ITV Digital and other Championship clubs tightning their belts just as Madandrich allowed Redknapp to Reinvest ALL the 5 million in quick profit made on Peter Crouches sale to Villa, Redknapp used his contacts, bought in players Like Merson, Festa, Stone, Taylor, Todorov and Yakubu. We got lucky (But you need a bit of luck).

Premiership first few years were great, Atmosphere was superb and received national recognition for our support. I know that irks Saints fans, but the Atmosphere was pretty awesome at times and often beligerent in the face of defeat, I guess for a few years Pompey fans patronisingly became dubbed 'best fans etc, etc', not true because there is no such thing, but likewise, not something Pompey Fans dubbed themselves, the press did it.

Anyway what has effectively happened allegedly and as many have long suspected is we were bought by Gaydamak as a Money laundering operation, you know how that works, £100 Million Dirty money in, £10 Million Clean money out. Well to cut a long post short, I guess via third parties the Gaydamaks are taking the 'Clean' money out, the Dirty money having been lavished on players wages that was not sustainable, but it starts to seem obvious that sustainability was never the aim.

It'll be fascinating what transpires over the next 6 months, it really will. The honest truth is anything could happen (I know what I think is most likely) but it is rotten what has gone on, despite what anyone says on here, the Pompey fans (even the dsgusting ones) are not culpable for this in anyway, we have no control over things and before very recently I was not so wise about it all, maybe I had my head in the sand I dunno? But we the fans are not to blame. Even if you want us to be! All the fans have done is respond in the way ANY fans of a club would, it's a rollercoaster ride, enjoy it and don't ***** and mank when it all goes tits up! :)

That about sums it up Pes, the same happened to our Pony fiddling friends.

The only difference We over spent to the point of suicide, And Lord Lowe done them by trying to do the prem on the cheep, Both methods look like having the same result,,,,,,,,,,,Relegation.:mad:

January should see a few creditors getting annoyed, that's if the wages have been paid.

Maybe Storrie will ride back into town with that elusive billionaire on his arm before it all gets too much and the house of cards comes down.

And for the people who were saying admin will be 'a nice fresh start' - technically yes, but this specific fresh start will require a new ground for starters, the old one will have gone to creditors, as will the rest of the assets, and Fratton will be worth more as a development project than to hire to a new owner for football purposes.

There will be no fresh start with a clean slate and unpaid creditors, they are all lining up ready to strip every last asset out of the remains of the football club should the bills remain unpaid.

Lessons in life no 574. Don't get into bed with and then cross a man who sells landmines and machine guns for a living, one day he will want his money back, and he might just dump your torso in the Solent.

Here come the protests......

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=211733

There's a link to the 'official' protest.

It all seems quite familiar.

Lol.

One of the ideas on there is to start the game in front of an empty stadium :rolleyes:

If that one worked, they would have had the answers the seek at the end of August!

That about sums it up Pes, the same happened to our Pony fiddling friends.

The only difference We over spent to the point of suicide, And Lord Lowe done them by trying to do the prem on the cheep, Both methods look like having the same result,,,,,,,,,,,Relegation.:mad:

I guess the difference is that we had something saleable to a new buyer. Pompey haven't got any such assets, and have a ground secured against a loan to a HK businessman. Any buyer of Pompey will have to stump up at least the worth of the assets - probably around £10 - £15m - and hope that Gaydamak and Chainrai don't still have other plans for the ground and land surrounding it. The question is; who is going to stump up that kind of money for a name? Markus bought a brand new ground, great training facilities and big catchment area for his £13m.

I can honestly see Pompey going out of business completely.

The honest truth is anything could happen (I know what I think is most likely) but it is rotten what has gone on, despite what anyone says on here, the Pompey fans (even the dsgusting ones) are not culpable for this in anyway, we have no control over things and before very recently I was not so wise about it all, maybe I had my head in the sand I dunno? But we the fans are not to blame. Even if you want us to be! All the fans have done is respond in the way ANY fans of a club would, it's a rollercoaster ride, enjoy it and don't ***** and mank when it all goes tits up! :)

That is fair and yes the fans are not at fault (except the JCL's) I think that the gloating has not helped but im sure the gloating from this end has not helped build bridges for the future either. It is funny how one of your friends on here (loosely) has disappeared and as has always been suggested he is only around when he can feel superior. (gardening leave Lol)

It is people like him who gloated that i feel no sympathy for.

Someone in fish fidling land has got to be accountable for this, it is reported in the press that;

Utaka = £80,000 A WEEK over 2 years and scored 6 goals in 70 odd apperances , nearly £8m in wages

Not a bad return on 6 goals , :rolleyes:

We've had plenty of equivalents at Saints, to be fair. It's just indicative of the ridiculous overpayments in the hyped-up rubbish that they call the best league in the world.

We've had plenty of equivalents at Saints, to be fair. It's just indicative of the ridiculous overpayments in the hyped-up rubbish that they call the best league in the world.

You are probably right to a degree, but I doubt that we ever paid anyone anything even remotely like £80,000 p.w. I read somewhere that even MLT was "only" on £8,000 p.w. Whatever else Lowe can be blamed for (and the list is endless) he did at least try to get the club to live within it`s means.

Someone in fish fidling land has got to be accountable for this, it is reported in the press that;

Utaka = £80,000 A WEEK over 2 years and scored 6 goals in 70 odd apperances , nearly £8m in wages

Not a bad return on 6 goals , :rolleyes:

i still think that 80k is hyped up slightly, at a guess that wage is a total of appearance bonuses/win bonuses/goal bonuses/performance bonuses etc (and i doubt he's taken many of those home...)

his basic wage may only (i say only...) be about 40-50k.

When we had Rasiak and Skacel, their weekly wage could sometimes have topped 20-25k (based on the bonuses)

From a sailor in The Golden Fleece or was it The Mucky Duck..last night in Portsmouth...Not usually reliable info..to be honest.. But he was told that someone left all the Pompey Players wages at a Place in Horton Heath and that the players can collect individually and recieve a xmas bonus from the clubs new Far Eastern sponsors at this venue.

COYRs.

You are probably right to a degree, but I doubt that we ever paid anyone anything even remotely like £80,000 p.w. I read somewhere that even MLT was "only" on £8,000 p.w. Whatever else Lowe can be blamed for (and the list is endless) he did at least try to get the club to live within it`s means.

£80k is excessive by anybody's standards but a few years ago the average Premiership salary was over £1m a year. Part of our problem was that we had a lot of mediocre players each of whom was on what was for us at the time, big bucks.

when Pompey doubled Crouchie's wages to get him away from a club that had massive Champions League income, the alarm bells should have been a ringing.

The upcoming doomsday outcome has been entirely predictable from the first time they signed a contract they couldn't afford.

Because someone is a ceo or a businessman you assume they have some credibility or skill - but this debacle, like our own, has obviously been driven by idiots of the highest order.

Rivalry aside, when the dust settles someone needs to have a forensic look at their books.

I was never fully convinced by the explanations for our own financial 'hiccup', one might observe that if Pompey go under, someone somewhere will have some serious questions to answer and perhaps some charges to face.

I cannot believe the amount of money that seems to have washed out of the club in the last year and is now 'missing'.

when Pompey doubled Crouchie's wages to get him away from a club that had massive Champions League income, the alarm bells should have been a ringing.

The upcoming doomsday outcome has been entirely predictable from the first time they signed a contract they couldn't afford.

Because someone is a ceo or a businessman you assume they have some credibility or skill - but this debacle, like our own, has obviously been driven by idiots of the highest order.

When their salaries were shown to be 107% of income last year Storrie said it wasn't a problem and out pet skates said Sky money would sort it all out.

They wouldn't have it that it was the route to disaster.

The only short-term solution for Pompey, as far as I can see, is for them to go public about the truth about Gaydamak - that it's Gaydamak senior who was always the real controlling power at the club. Since he is a fugitive from justice, and his assets are frozen, it's the only way the club can avoid a disastrous repayment due shortly.

Of course, it's far from their only debt due for imminent repayment - but it might help. In any case, it's extremely unlikely to happen, because the Gaydamaks may not own the club, but seem to retain their placemen within the boardroom.

Well, let's say 'similarities'. Delgado comes to mind but I'm sure we can all think of others.

I don't think our wage bill ever rose above 80% of our income when we were in the Premier League. Our problems began when we increased the wage bill during our parachute payment period, after relegation.

FFS even at £40-50,000 per week, the clown is grossly over paid.and should have been sold in the last transfer window.

I seem to remember Beattie was the highest paid in the Prem on £16k & refused to pay him more which was why he got the hump & went to wreck his career in the strikers' graveyard.

Also, as we have found with Saggy etc, it isn't that easy to move on someone who is on five times more than he is worth and anyone else would pay.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})