Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oh, and keep the squid fiddling to yourself, please. Just thinking about it made me feel quite ill

Watched a really good movie on my flight back last week. It was called District 9.

There was a whole bit in that about Prawn ****gers. When viewed in the "camp site" location that reminded me of parts of North End on a Saturday night, I must admit I did have a small smirk.

If you ain't seen the movie you'll think I'm having a normal DP day.

If you've seen it then ;)

Oh no. Now the very best of players are being allowed to leave.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2781964/More-of-todays-football-stories.html

"QPR boss Paul Hart is ready to raid old club Portsmouth for defender Mike Williamson and striker Tommy Smith.

Cash-strapped Pompey are willing to offload the pair."

I thought these were the boys supposed to save them this season? Guess its all down to Eugen Bopp now then....oh wait.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2781964/More-of-todays-football-stories.html

"QPR boss Paul Hart is ready to raid old club Portsmouth for defender Mike Williamson and striker Tommy Smith.

I thought these were the boys supposed to save them this season? Guess its all down to Eugen Bopp now then....oh wait.

Selling them will allow them to pay off Watford if nothing else. So they are still in the s-hit! lol ;)

It's alright, no need for them to panic. Riquelme will be signing on a free in jan. He'll save them.

for a man whose spending his free time being chauffeur-driven at someone else's expense between sexual encounters of his choosing, Grant doesn't look very happy.

They have turned into a very odd club, sleaze, corruption, tax evasion - they just need to bring Gary Glitter in to look after the youth academy and they have ticked every box.

Hang on though, Rix ticked that one first - it's a full house!!

Kids,the Prem, prossies, the taxman, the bank, the fans - between them the management of Portsmouth FC has now offically shafted the lot.

Well done all, what a team effort.

for a man whose spending his free time being chauffeur-driven at someone else's expense between sexual encounters of his choosing, Grant doesn't look very happy.

They have turned into a very odd club, sleaze, corruption, tax evasion - they just need to bring Gary Glitter in to look after the youth academy and they have ticked every box.

Hang on though, Rix ticked that one first - it's a full house!!

Kids,the Prem, prossies, the taxman, the bank, the fans - between them the management of Portsmouth FC has now offically shafted the lot.

Well done all, what a team effort.

where did it say Grant was the manager?

Williamson and Smith have already played for Watford this season. Surely the same rules apply to them as Lambert and Hammond, in that they can't play for more than two teams in a season? They could only go on loan.

Looks like it is about to unravel - the January window could be great fun for Saints fans in more ways than one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/6875439/Portsmouth-secretly-begin-to-offload-players-as-debt-crisis-mounts.html

Holy Karp...

If that had been written on here even most of us would have dismissed it as "Saints fan with Pompey grudge" coming up with unbelievable tales of doom, but the Telegraph?

lol at the line about my old mate Sultan bin Trump what a perfectly typical Dubai businessman "falied to pay any bills in his tenure..."

Disbarred allegedly proven fraudster accountants, Tax Evasions, it just keeps going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Again the PL will bend the rules to0 help them. It is amazing how corrupt the whole system is.

That was supposedly agreed upon back in October at some weird secret meeting.

I expect they now sit there and pray they go down of their own accord as every week the PR just gets worse for the PL as well.

Pretty sure that unless they go down under their own steam, the lawyers at the PL will be digging through the financial irregularities rules with a fine tooth comb just in case somebody is worse than them this season and they don't go into admin.

About time somebody in the media seriously questioned the role of Dave Richards at the PL in his introduction of Bin Trump to the club. Was it a conspiracy to make them crash quicker? :o

Looks like it is about to unravel - the January window could be great fun for Saints fans in more ways than one:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/6875439/Portsmouth-secretly-begin-to-offload-players-as-debt-crisis-mounts.html

You couldn't make this stuff up. I'm not one to gloat and I wouldn't wish anyone to have to go through what we did last season but to all those skates that revelled in our near demise, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I seriously believe we are in a better place than our rivals down the motorway and I wouldn't swap our current positions over, even if I could. There is no way in the world they can sustain a survival attempt if they are to lose their top players in (or should I say before) January and for us, the only way is up.

There's a very real chance we could both be starting next season in the Championship and who will have the best finances, players, stadium, training facilities, infrastruture and fanbase? Certainly not the blue few!

Oh dear. How the 'mighty' have fallen.

can we just try and get to grips with the full extent of this ongoing debacle, I'm losing track.

Transfer money owed

Taxman owed

the arms dealer owed huge loans

More huge loans owed to the other bloke

Sol Campbell still owed

Al Fahim will want paying off

The bank

Horton Heath sex scandal

Storrie, Mandaric and Redknapp in court that could lead to financial irregularities

The new man running the finances is a convicted fraudster

The 'owner' may not actually exist

Have I missed anything? I'm sure there was more than that....doesn't seem so bad when you read it quickly.

John Westwood must regret walking under that ladder.

I don't get the last paragraph in the Telegraph piece:

"Fratton Park has been used as security against a loan from Chainrai's Portpin Ltd after a previous mortgage from Singer and Friedlander taken against the ground was settled in Novermber. Fratton Park has been used as security against a loan from Chainrai's Portpin Ltd after a previous mortgage from Singer and Friedlander taken against the ground was settled in Novermber. "

How can this be - I thought Gaydamark owned Fratton Park :confused:

It beggars belief that they are still being permitted to limp on like this without some form of points penalty imposed by the PL ! I mean if the PL want to maintain their promulgation of this "clean cut wholesome image" they are so proud of then this is nothing short of a major embarrassment to them - And perhaps reflective of the structure the PL have perhaps unintentionally cultivated.

Do the PL really turn a blind eye to a club wallowing in sickening amounts of debt, embroiled with allegations of tax evasion from current and past board members, and hiring sleazy brigands with criminal records to their current set up???

And thats before their fit and proper persons test has ratified two potless chumps as suitable people to own the club!

The whole situation reflects absolutely terribly on the offices of the PL, and if Pompey go to the wall it will be interesting to see how much muck sticks to the PL themselves.

It beggars belief that they are still being permitted to limp on like this without some form of points penalty imposed by the PL ! I mean if the PL want to maintain their promulgation of this "clean cut wholesome image" they are so proud of then this is nothing short of a major embarrassment to them - And perhaps reflective of the structure the PL have perhaps unintentionally cultivated.

Do the PL really turn a blind eye to a club wallowing in sickening amounts of debt, embroiled with allegations of tax evasion from current and past board members, and hiring sleazy brigands with criminal records to their current set up???

And thats before their fit and proper persons test has ratified two potless chumps as suitable people to own the club!

The whole situation reflects absolutely terribly on the offices of the PL, and if Pompey go to the wall it will be interesting to see how much muck sticks to the PL themselves.

Until the club goes into administration, the PL are powerless to impose any sanctions along those lines. They've done as much as they can in terms of the missed payments to other clubs with the transfer embargo, although I'd guess that another late payment of wages might force them into action.

The FAPP test (love that acronym :lol:) isn't designed to ascertain whether the person has money, it's designed to prevent fraudsters and the like from becoming owners or directors. The Israeli fella they've brought in to do the finances isn't officially on the board, although one of the articles linked above suggests that the Premier League are seeking to "clarify his position".

Also worth remembering for libel reasons that the allegations of tax evasion are just that at the moment, allegations :)

I don't get the last paragraph in the Telegraph piece:

"Fratton Park has been used as security against a loan from Chainrai's Portpin Ltd after a previous mortgage from Singer and Friedlander taken against the ground was settled in Novermber. Fratton Park has been used as security against a loan from Chainrai's Portpin Ltd after a previous mortgage from Singer and Friedlander taken against the ground was settled in Novermber. "

How can this be - I thought Gaydamark owned Fratton Park :confused:

Oh dear, first a fire-sell of players...next fartton?

All together now...

"Blue-Few, you're always standing alone,

Without more fans in your stands,

Without a ground of your own"

...fingers crossed....and no f**k orf, you can't ground-share...:)

Until the club goes into administration, the PL are powerless to impose any sanctions along those lines. They've done as much as they can in terms of the missed payments to other clubs with the transfer embargo, although I'd guess that another late payment of wages might force them into action.

The FAPP test (love that acronym :lol:) isn't designed to ascertain whether the person has money, it's designed to prevent fraudsters and the like from becoming owners or directors. The Israeli fella they've brought in to do the finances isn't officially on the board, although one of the articles linked above suggests that the Premier League are seeking to "clarify his position".

Also worth remembering for libel reasons that the allegations of tax evasion are just that at the moment, allegations :)

Indeed it is a particularly strange acronym :)

But I do wonder how much the PL have heightened Pompey's problems by just ticking a box on Sheikh Ya NoMarney and Bin Trump, without at least giving a cursory glance as to their financial status. As it stands I could even go to the PL as Pompeys "new saviour" ( not in a million years but just hypothetically you understand ;)), and I hav'nt a pot to **** in either!

Regarding tax evasion, fortunately I used the word allegedly in my post too ;)

Selling them will allow them to pay off Watford if nothing else. So they are still in the s-hit! lol ;)

your seeing the endgame, kaboul off in Jan, in all seriousness I think PFC is being wound down for a property deal on the ground and you will not see a PFC again ever in the current form.

Oh dear, first a fire-sell of players...next fartton?

All together now...

"Blue-Few, you're always standing alone,

Without more fans in your stands,

Without a ground of your own"

...fingers crossed....and no f**k orf, you can't ground-share...:)

cheers then, the majority of us never wanted you to go that far down this route, still you may have your wish soon