Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

To be Fair ESB, Pompey started the season with 14 senior players, despite this we've played well all season, we lost our first 7 games, where we should of picked up at least 5 points, we got none. Since then our form is not that of a relegated team and player for player we are better than at least 4-5 teams in our division and playing with a spirit which belies the financial chaos that surrounds our twice 'not paid on time' players.

Now for the part you will like. Everything could be made worse with the possibly impeding january sales. BUT if we can keep our squad together, avoid rotten luck with injuries and avoid some kind of point deduction, we can see off the loss of a few key players to the ANC AND stay up, but as you'll point out its a BIG If. However for the record I feel quite positive! :D

Remaining positive will be your mainstay in getting through this. You realise that from the outside things do seem very bad down there. It's like almost every day there's a new revelation about somebody or something.

Remaining positive will be your mainstay in getting through this. You realise that from the outside things do seem very bad down there. It's like almost every day there's a new revelation about somebody or something.

Yep cant argue with that ESB, things look awful and in truth, behind the scenes things are awful. But purely on a playing front, because after all, that is what it's all about first and foremost, Pompey fans and Saints fans are in for a very exciting new year, though for very different reasons! I'm actually really enjoying it, though maybe burying my head in the sand a little? But exactly what can I do anyway, if i'm paying for it, I might as well try and take some positives from it, including a thoroughly deserved 2-0 victory over Liverpool!:D

The finances are obviously your problem PES. I would guess that you need around £100m to see you through the next season. Admit it, wouldn't you feel a lot more comfortable and secure in the CCC, or maybe even League 1? ;)

Christ Grandad, CCC or League one means instant Bankrupcy, we have no choice but to fight to stay in the premier league and hope we can get the embago lifted to bing in a couple of loans whilst hanging onto what we've got. If we can do that then we have a chance, and the opportunity to get our hands on another wad of Premier League money. If we don't, it's curtains, there will be no silver lining like their has been for Saints, still, I'm sure you'd agree, It just wouldn't be Pompey any other way, all or nothing, **** or bust! :D

Christ Grandad, CCC or League one means instant Bankrupcy, we have no choice but to fight to stay in the premier league and hope we can get the embago lifted to bing in a couple of loans whilst hanging onto what we've got. If we can do that then we have a chance, and the opportunity to get our hands on another wad of Premier League money. If we don't, it's curtains, there will be no silver lining like their has been for Saints, still, I'm sure you'd agree, It just wouldn't be Pompey any other way, all or nothing, **** or bust! :D

Yes, I suppose all you have in the way of assets is the Premier League status It's not like you have a modern stadium or state-of-the-art training facilities so if there are any other billionaires out there who fancy a punt they would probably look elsewhere. It's a problem for all the clubs like yours. Spend the money on infrastucture or spend on players. Do the former and you're likely to get relegated (like us) or do the latter and you still might get relegated. Enjoy what little victories come your way and try to have a good Christmas.

I think you're right PES. We struggled to sell the club with our facilities. With yours, and a couple of creditors who are not about to kiss goodbye to what's owed to them, you'll be looking at finding someone with at least £10m to buy the club from the administrators. Then they'll have to find another £50m (probably nearer £75m) minimum to get the club to the sort of standards, facilities wise, that we have.

'I have done it before with both

Sulaiman Al Fahim and then Ali being brought on board' said Mr Storrie...

You certainly have Peter, keep up the good work bringing quality businessmen to the table, especially as you are on £1.3M a year and you were at the helm when the directors fees trebled while the income went through the floor.

Go on, have another loan, you know you want to, and I guess it's wages week again - with the added worry of a flipping win bonus!

Has Sol been paid for lifting the cup yet? It would be a bit much to go on about it when you haven't even paid the poor bloke.

The soap goes on.

He added: 'We are talking about a Premier League here, a club which is established in what without a doubt is in the best league in the world.

Established????

"Speak to anyone in the world and they know all about Pompey winning the FA Cup"

I'm not sure that's true mr story teller

"There are also not many clubs at our level looking for investment at this moment in time"

I'm not sure that's true either mr story teller

the Blues represent a prized opportunity for foreign money men to become involved in what is widely regarded as the best league in the world

:D:D:D

What exactly would they be investing in. There is no infrastructure, no ground, cobbled together squad, huge debts, split board and shareholders, likely to be relegated and seen as a joke by the rest of the footballing world.

Any money raised would go to pay off sins of the past, so unless hes' flogging equity (Or the whole club again) what is there to invest in

"Speak to anyone in the world and they know all about Pompey winning the FA Cup"

hahahahahahahahahahahha

the muppet doesn't even realise that only a few parts of the world even BOTHER to show the FA Cup these days.

Oh I do hope he doesn't drop in here during his tour looking for money

he may find out why we let him have Fahim & Faraj....

I may not be that popular at any future pompey Poly reunions :-)

No news of new investment this morning just article on Why Pompey have defy the odds in order to survive

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Why-Pompey-have-defy-the.5930287.jp

Today's Vote (current voting) voting still open;

Is Pompey's sparking win against Liverpool the start of another Great Escape? 19% Definitely, come May Pompey will still be in the Premier League 52% The spirit is there, but much will depend on who Pompey bring in in Janauary 20% Let's not get carried away by one result 9% No - the outlook still looks bleak at Fratton Park

No news of new investment this morning just article on Why Pompey have defy the odds in order to survive

Is Pompey's sparking win against Liverpool the start of another Great Escape? 19% Definitely, come May Pompey will still be in the Premier League 52% The spirit is there, but much will depend on who Pompey bring in in Janauary 20% Let's not get carried away by one result 9% No - the outlook still looks bleak at Fratton Park

They still believe that their loss at WBA sent us down...

They may survive on the pitch, but financially they are in the crapper.

Are options 2 and 4 not the same thing?

I noticed that Radio Solent mentioned during their Sports bulletins yesterday that tickets for Pompey’s cup game against Coventry are now on sale – they even gave prices. I may be wrong, but isn’t that unusual for a game like this? OK if it was Man U or another game where there might be strong demand, but Coventry in the 3rd round of the cup?

One theory might be that someone at Pompey has said to Solent ‘look guys, we are in such trouble in January that even a few thousand on the gate for the cup game might keep us afloat for a bit longer – can you do what you can for us to shift a few more tickets?’

Yes, I know I’m probably seeing something that isn’t there, but I’ve come to rely on my daily ’Pompey in the poo’ story.

I didnt rate Avram Grant I know he got to the Champions League final with Chelsea but that side picked it self & would have done well with my nan in charge but he has seemed to make a difference with the Cod snoggers I can only hope it is a temporary blip & they go back to being ****e they can't manage to sneek out of trouble can they ?

A 2-0 success for the hosts on the day – both goals coming in the second half – was enough to instead condemn Southampton to relegation.

Why do they continue to repeat that lie? Listen skates, even if you had murdered WBA 10-0, Saints would still have gone down. And listen, Saints got 3 points from their 2 games against the skates that year, so in fact the skates did their part, more than most of the other PL teams, to help keep Saints up.

Thank you.

A 2-0 success for the hosts on the day – both goals coming in the second half – was enough to instead condemn Southampton to relegation.

Why do they continue to repeat that lie? Listen skates, even if you had murdered WBA 10-0, Saints would still have gone down. And listen, Saints got 3 points from their 2 games against the skates that year, so in fact the skates did their part, more than most of the other PL teams, to help keep Saints up.

Thank you.

OUCH! more cocaine nurse, some of these nerves are still RAW,:smt116

Their appalling Hawthorns display relegated Crystal Palace, tis a well-known fact.

They went on to save Fulham with a similar surrender that annoyed real football fans everywhere.

Next thing we will be hearing this story about some Southampton Commercial Union who stole jobs etc in some distant strike that no one can actually recall.

It's a pity that talk won't pay the debts, then again it has been incredibly quiet on here for months so that might not work either.

[Comment From Steve W1Steve W1: ]

So have you got proof that Kaboul and Boetang are being offered to other clubs? if so that is truly worrying and all that has been said by the owners that all will be ok is far from the truth? spacer.gif

Neil:

It's something that has been told to me by someone extremely well connected at the club.

I am inclined to believe it too.

Apparently several agents have mentioned it to this person.

It is very, very worrying.

[Comment From Steve W1Steve W1: ]

So have you got proof that Kaboul and Boetang are being offered to other clubs? if so that is truly worrying and all that has been said by the owners that all will be ok is far from the truth? spacer.gif

Neil:

It's something that has been told to me by someone extremely well connected at the club.

I am inclined to believe it too.

Apparently several agents have mentioned it to this person.

It is very, very worrying.

Funny that, I find it utterly brilliant.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})