Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I could just have easily said Romsey Town (seeing as that's my old local non-league team) as Eastleigh....

I was just making the point that we need a local LEAGUE team to generate some decent rivalry. I'm not petty enough to wish any club actually goes out of existence. Besides can you imagine the pathetic chants at the games if all we can muster up is some stupid little ditty about a non-league team???

I did not really take offence! Hence the smiley. Sorry if you thought that I did.

There is nothing better for the soul on a Sunday morning after a Saints win than to come on here and read an article like that!

Thanks for starting my day so well.

This bit from the article made me chortle

Quote "Grant, who as a former manager of Chelsea admits he is more used to dealing at the higher end of the table and the transfer market, was already facing a tough task to fill holes in his squad."

Although he's allegedly had no problem filling holes elsewhere?

But that's simply not true. You can't say you wouldn't 'rather' Saints had a Trophy winning history, even if you personally didn't get to personally witness it? It's illogical and proven wrong by the Saints fans under 35 who never witnessed Saints last FA Cup triumph and yet rightly will ALL of watched video of it and gotten a warm glow from something they never witnessed themselves.

Also, if it didn't matter why would I be so concerened that if Pompey do go Tits up we'd loose our records and Title acknowledgements and why would many Saints fans take such glee in it should we lose it as AFC Portsmouth? Would Saints fans want the Honours carried over? I Don't think so. :D

I can.

I can honestly say that it would not make me feel any happier, or more proud of saints if we had been competing with likes of Huddersfield years before I was born. Irrelevant to me.

so Storrie could be looking at taking a job in Australia, in the olden days we used to send our criminals there, funny how times have changed.

Next thing we'll hear is that Grant wants to get involved Down Under.

Thankfully he's too old to be player manager, the last thing Pompey fans would want would be Grant making his assistant pull him off at half time.

Maybe it is time that they changed the tune that they run out to at FP from that god awful Mike Oldfeild tune to something more relevant.

How about 'Three Wheels on my Wagon' by the New Christy Minstrels.

Younger posters may need to look that one up on You Tube

The Skates problem is compounded by the sheer complexity of thier situation.

It is very suspicious that the Skates have settled the mortgage on Fratton Park. I would have thought that the mortgage would have been a far less pressing commitment than other short term liabilities. Looks to me like they are getting ducks in a row for something, maybe pre-pack admin?

Fair play to PES, balanced poster who understands the difference between rivalry and vitriol.

Maybe it is time that they changed the tune that they run out to at FP from that god awful Mike Oldfeild tune to something more relevant.

How about 'Three Wheels on my Wagon' by the New Christy Minstrels.

Younger posters may need to look that one up on You Tube

I have just received exclusive footage of the new tune they will be running out to before the next home game! :D

Apart from owing millions to ex players, other clubs, agents, former owners, the inland revenue and various banks/loan sharks, the real worrying thing for Pompey is the fact that it looks like their ground is secured on a loan by a hong Kong businessman who is business partners with an Israeli property developer. And the land around it is owned by Gaydamak.

It looks like PFC's only assets are a bunch of players they can't afford to pay (probably more of a liability than asset) and their Premier League status (LOL).

It occurred to me yesterday that Gaydamak may be waiting for them to go into admin so he can pick up FP for pennies. That way he'll own the ground and its surroundings = a much greater area for redevlopment.

And so the club will die - no ground, no assets.

It occurred to me yesterday that Gaydamak may be waiting for them to go into admin so he can pick up FP for pennies. That way he'll own the ground and its surroundings = a much greater area for redevlopment.

And so the club will die - no ground, no assets.

Dont administrators have a responsibility to try and ensure the club continues as a going concern?

Looks like some of them are actually beginning to smell the coffee.

I am particularly fond of this comment:

"I'm sorry, but I just can't see what anyone would hope to get (legitamatly) from Investing in this club.. there area no rewards financially with our current setup, the outlay to bring everything up to a profitable level for this level are just too great. Even at £1 and no debts the club isn't going to give you any cash back at this level."

LOL

Probably not wrong but as part of the package the buyer would need to take on the debt. With so many factions involved who all own different parts of the ground/car park what do you get for your £1 other than a multi milion pound debt, Victorian stadium, no training ground and customers that wear "comedy" hats and ring bells.

Christ that'll give us a total combined 2009 selling price of:

£1 - Gaydamak to Al Fahim

£2 - Al Fahim to Al Farage

£1 - Al Farage to (Anyone stupid enough to buy us?)

Roll up, Roll up!!! :D

I can.

I can honestly say that it would not make me feel any happier, or more proud of saints if we had been competing with likes of Huddersfield years before I was born. Irrelevant to me.

Fair enough Nick, but your not normal. ;)

I'd of thought Pompey's total demise would be such a bad thing, even those who truelly hate all things PFC, I can't fathom why the imaginations of some can't stretch to see it? It's a yin yang thing. I cant believe that fans who've spent the VAST majority of their Saints supporting lives enjoying the upper hand over their rivals, can then get so incredibly bent out of shape during the 4 years that things have been turned on its head for Saints? With normality for all soon to be restored, maybe the tormented Saints fans who judging by their posts on here have become quite demented and lost all perspective, can see balance restored to their lives. I never saw that anything good could come from Pompeys demise, but maybe.......:D

They won't exist, there is no way out.

There is one way out for them, but it involves a very rich person coming in and taking over, paying everything off, like happened with us.

It doesn't look likely I'll admit, but as long as they're still alive there's hope. I remember getting ready to just watch the Prem as an interested outsider with no team to support last summer but it turned out ok for us in the end :D

A weekend is never nicer than when Saints have won and Pompey have lost... I don't want to lose that.

I'd of thought Pompey's total demise would be such a bad thing, even those who truelly hate all things PFC, I can't fathom why the imaginations of some can't stretch to see it? It's a yin yang thing. I cant believe that fans who've spent the VAST majority of their Saints supporting lives enjoying the upper hand over their rivals, can then get so incredibly bent out of shape during the 4 years that things have been turned on its head for Saints? With normality for all soon to be restored, maybe the tormented Saints fans who judging by their posts on here have become quite demented and lost all perspective, can see balance restored to their lives. I never saw that anything good could come from Pompeys demise, but maybe.......:D

I'll make this simple for you. The sheer utter delight of watching your club die and knowing the pain that it will cause the blue few makes it all totally wonderful.

To put it into perspective, we've always known we are superior to you, despite current league position and knowing that you will have NO club to follow is great. It's made my year.

I applaud your ability to come on here & take the brick bats PES for supporters with intelligence like yours, I hope you survive, if only for us to take the mickey ;) obviously at a lower level :D . As said before, every time I start to feel sorry for Pompey I remember the abuse & vitriol headed our way from many of your fellow blue few. And the seeming lack of sympathy in the general media for SFC at our darkest hour.

As for the position your In I just can't see a way out of it for you, unless there is a billionaire fan out there. With the ground & surrounding area prime building ground its more likely that administration would put you out of buisness. Unlike our scenario where our ground was not prime building site but only for its original purpose. So you'll have to excuse the p**S taking at the moment.

Hope you personaly have a good new Year PES but can't wish the same for Poopey.

Pay Up Pompey Pompey Pay Up. Time to pay the piper.

Be careful for what you wish for! There must be some truth in that old addage as so many Skates were wishing us the worst!

PAY UP POMPEY POMPEY f '-'ck OFF

Yeah absolutely I wouldn't argue with any of that (Ignoring the fact that you have spoken for every single Pompey fan and decided that ALL were in total raptures of joy whilst Saints seemingly vanished down the plug hole), so its completely baffling to me why the likes of yourself and Dell days, whilst identified this, then incredibly and without any redeeming sense of irony, go and do exactly the same thing? Thus by your own reckoning, condeming Saints to another cycle of doom and despair because you could not keep a lid on your vitriol! Beware these strange cosmic forces that punish the gloaters! OH HOW THE SAINTS FANS LAUGHED! And so the cycle continues....... :)

Having no one to take the **** out of when we are winning would take something away from having a successful side so to be honest anybody who thinks it through does not really want you to go to the wall, besides I know some good people from down your kneck of the woods. I'd rather chat to a skate who supports his local side than some glory hunting manc fan who will never go anywhere near Old Trafford.

To pay off the debts and build a new ground would be north of £100 million. Never going to happen.

They are about to take a walk along The Green Mile.

Probably, yeah.

But who here thought WE would get an owner reportedly the third richest in English football?

I'll make this simple for you. The sheer utter delight of watching your club die and knowing the pain that it will cause the blue few makes it all totally wonderful.

To put it into perspective, we've always known we are superior to you, despite current league position and knowing that you will have NO club to follow is great. It's made my year.

Yep thats pretty clear and thanks for simplifying things for me. But maybe thats over sharing? (Which I never asked for) But anyway, I now know, Your a hateful individual with a Superiority/Inferiority complex who takes pleasure in watching things die both slowly and painfully. Despite your cry for help, I'm not trained to ease your troubled mind, so best that I don't dabble, but thanks for letting me get to know you (Though as an Englishmen I find such openess regarding your mental state quite uncomfortable.) :confused:

Probably, yeah.

But who here thought WE would get an owner reportedly the third richest in English football?

Can't argue with that comment, Jimmy D only to say there is a difference, in that we already had infrastructure for someone to invest in. A new stadium, training facilities etc.

Pompey have neither! so on top of the debt they have its probably 50-100 million on top of the debt to put in the infrastructure. There are far better options out there for anyone whose not a fan of Pompey to invest in. IMHO

Probably, yeah.

Off the shelf club, with a good sized stadium and excellent training facilities for £13-£16mil.

Bargain compared the the skates. In addition, the fragmented ownership of assets makes it all the harder for them.

They've had a year to find a decent buyer and the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.

PES..stop pretending pompey fans (in general) are conscientious people...most are mongs...thick stupid "pompey till I die, innit" mongs..who showed great delight in our plight abd never let us forget about it...remembering the hero worshiping going on at WBA that day and pompey fans wearing WBA shirts, the way some ruined TED Bates min silence...the way you all sang "run away, run away" at us...

and then all the gloating this summer, gloating at our pending extinction and your pending billionaire status

now, if you dont mind...fuk off

Some of them are ok, including my boss and one of my best mates, but most of them are complete planks. As a group, they are the biggest bunch of idiots in football, from dancing on the pitch when they lost to WBA, to the love/hate of Harry, and chanting Storrie-Tellers name. They've now become a serious embaressment to the Premier league in terms of finance and support and the sooner their relegated the better.

If they folded I would feel sorry for the decent ones amongst them, but not for some of the planks(95% of them). I recall going to QPR with my QPR supporting cousin and his mates for a Saints game. There was a load of his mates and me in a pub in Ealing the night before and one of his mates had brought a friend along. Turned out he was a Skate, instead of a bit of banter, he took a swing at me(before i'd even spoken to him) and all hell let loose. I don't think there is another team that have support that is filled with so much hatred (baring Celtic and Rangers) as they are. For that plank back in 1993 (or there abouts) I hope they end up in the Wessex League.

Yep thats pretty clear and thanks for simplifying things for me. But maybe thats over sharing? (Which I never asked for) But anyway, I now know, Your a hateful individual with a Superiority/Inferiority complex who takes pleasure in watching things die both slowly and painfully. Despite your cry for help, I'm not trained to ease your troubled mind, so best that I don't dabble, but thanks for letting me get to know you (Though as an Englishmen I find such openess regarding your mental state quite uncomfortable.) :confused:

Bless him, he tries hard but he's not very good at it.

Bye bye pompey, pompey bye bye.

It's not hard to understand, I have no friends who are pompey fans. My opinion of portsmouth is formed mainly through my experience of:

Watching a few thousand portsmouth fans shout insults during the minutes silence in respect to a recently deceased old man.

Walking behind a line of Police whilst lots of portsmouth people fight with them, kicking police dogs and throwing bricks trying to get at me to fight with me.

Standing in a crappy little stadium whilst lots of portsmouth people make cut throat gestures and sing about smashing my face in with a brick.

I understand that not all pompey fans are bad people, but for the above reasons alone I will greet portsmouth FC going out of business with genuine delight.

Can't argue with that comment, Jimmy D only to say there is a difference, in that we already had infrastructure for someone to invest in. A new stadium, training facilities etc.

Pompey have neither! so on top of the debt they have its probably 50-100 million on top of the debt to put in the infrastructure. There are far better options out there for anyone whose not a fan of Pompey to invest in. IMHO

Off the shelf club, with a good sized stadium and excellent training facilities for £13-£16mil.

Bargain compared the the skates. In addition, the fragmented ownership of assets makes it all the harder for them.

They've had a year to find a decent buyer and the fact that they haven't speaks volumes.

Oh I realise how unlikely it is, and I wouldn't bother putting any bets on any Pompey games after February just yet. (not that I normally bet at all normally anyway...)

The deciding factor on whether they survive will be how much debt adminstration lets them walk away from.

There ARE some decent people out there who support PFC. Mr TF is one of them. Oh we enjoy lively banter and sarcasm about each other's clubs but he was genuinely concerned for us in our 'hour of need' and he is desperately worried about his club.

More than the demise of PFC, I wonder what the inevitable administration and journey down the plug hole will mean for the reputation and conduct of the Premier League in the weeks and months ahead.

I applaud your good humour PES, but when the house of cards collapses and your miserable, dirty, corrupt, contemptuous little club goes pop I will be toasting with glee.

You are of course welcome to jump ship to us and avoid the chaos if you wish.

It's not hard to understand, I have no friends who are pompey fans. My opinion of portsmouth is formed mainly through my experience of:

Watching a few thousand portsmouth fans shout insults during the minutes silence in respect to a recently deceased old man.

Not true the VAST majority we're disgusted by this. It was a handful, being told to Shut up by hundreds of Pompey, before Thousands of Irrate Saints fans brought to a close the most undignified minutes silence for a good man who deserved so much better, In hindsight I think MANY could of behaved with more dignity and restraint that evening.

Walking behind a line of Police whilst lots of portsmouth people fight with them, kicking police dogs and throwing bricks trying to get at me to fight with me.

Yeah I was there with my Missus, waving our Thermos flasks at you, if it wasn't for the old bill we'd of run you..........zzzzzzzzzzz

Standing in a crappy little stadium whilst lots of portsmouth people make cut throat gestures and sing about smashing my face in with a brick.

Valid reason, Crappy Stadia makes me feel i'll too, We'll ignore the Saints favourite "Wash yer mouth out..." song, eh?

I understand that not all pompey fans are bad people, but for the above reasons alone I will greet portsmouth FC going out of business with genuine delight.

Good for you, enjoy your soon to be Reading FC rivalry with the Naff ol' Super Hoops!

* :) *

Christ that'll give us a total combined 2009 selling price of:

£1 - Gaydamak to Al Fahim

£2 - Al Fahim to Al Farage

£1 - Al Farage to (Anyone stupid enough to buy us?)

Roll up, Roll up!!! :D

It's funny that Al Fahim made a 100% profit on the club buying it for a quid and selling it for two quid. Al Farage really needs to get at least four quid, so he can be seen to be a better businessman than Al Fahim! :)

PES don't forget you are always going to feel the wrath of the more vocal few on here. I'm pretty sure the majority of Saints fans only want to see you lot struggling below us again and not go down the pan totally, even those that say they want your club to die I suspect, haven’t really thought it all through properly.

I for one love the banter between our two clubs and whilst generally I dislike your club, I look forward to the days we can play each other again. We have no other fans that we have any kind of rivalry with and if your club was gone it’d be pretty dull being stuck on our on with no-one to laugh at (or be laughed at by, depending on our clubs situations at the time).

I do find it ironic that one or two people on here spout on about how disrespectful you lot are as a set of fans as if you are all as exactly the same, or that they make reference to how much you all mocked us when we struggled earlier this year and that you are getting what you deserve now! Maybe…. But then aren’t they doing exactly the same thing now?!?!? What goes around comes around? Well maybe yes, but it could easily go around or come around again couldn’t it, maybe one day it will! (not for a long long time I hope!) And finally the crowd debate, where are your fans now, we can get 30k in league one blah blah blah! Easy to say now we are playing the best we have played for several years, have some good players, a billionaire owner, etc, etc. On many occasions last season I questions why I was bothering to go to Saint Mary’s as it was just awful. What a difference a few months can make….. Football fans, as a generalisation we’re all the same aren’t we (apart from the fish smell) but there have been (and no doubt will continue to be) many similarities between our two clubs!

I am enjoying being a Saints fan again for the first time in several years and I wouldn’t swap our current position with your premiership status for anything. But I hope that your club manages to limp on just enough to ensure you continue to come on here PES and provide a bit of balanced banter and humour, along with the likes of mack rill and Merovingian. I’ve always found some of the skate posters on this forum (and previous versions of the forum) to provide some of the more funny posts, so keep on coming PES, I for one wish you much good luck (once you get to the championship & then subsequently in league one ;) )

I applaud your good humour PES, but when the house of cards collapses and your miserable, dirty, corrupt, contemptuous little club goes pop I will be toasting with glee.

You are of course welcome to jump ship to us and avoid the chaos if you wish.

Thanks for the offer Colin. I would, but it might upset Dell Days (And we wouldn't want that). :)

It seems to me that every club has its fair share of d1ckheads, ours included. Usually these are in the minority, however it seems in Skatesville the mongs outnumber the decent football supporters (a few of which clearly post on here and enjoy the banter in the correct spirit). You only have to look at the number of them hell bent on smashing up their own town after they beat us., grown men assaulting children in the street etc. ***ts like that don't deserve a club to support, and they can probably take a portion of the blame for the position they find themselves in, after all, if you had a few million burning a hole would you seriously spend it on a club with 'fans' like that when there are far more attractive options available?

PES..stop pretending pompey fans (in general) are conscientious people...most are mongs...thick stupid "pompey till I die, innit" mongs..who showed great delight in our plight abd never let us forget about it...remembering the hero worshiping going on at WBA that day and pompey fans wearing WBA shirts, the way some ruined TED Bates min silence...the way you all sang "run away, run away" at us...

and then all the gloating this summer, gloating at our pending extinction and your pending billionaire status

now, if you dont mind...fuk off

Dear god your posts are becoming more and more repetitive and somewhat ironic too! If you are going to come up with arguments directed at the skates, they need to be better than that, that's just cringeworthy!

Most Pompey fans are mongs - Next time you are at the football (be it when you are watching Saints or Plymouth), do a bit of people watching and look around you..Seriously.

Pompey fans showing great delight in our plight.. never let us forget about it - Jeeez we are discussing this on a saints forum where there are getting on towards 5000 posts on a thread about them lot and their current plight, so we can't make out we aren't interested or showing great delight in them can we!

Pompey fans ruined TED Bates min silence - If I recall correctly it was like a handful of people that did that, most of their fans thought that was a disgrace as well.

Pompey fans sang "run away, run away" - lol 'football fans singing stupid derogatory songs at their opponents' shocker

Dear god your posts are becoming more and more repetitive and somewhat ironic too! If you are going to come up with arguments directed at the skates, they need to be better than that, that's just cringeworthy!

Most Pompey fans are mongs - Next time you are at the football (be it when you are watching Saints or Plymouth), do a bit of people watching and look around you..Seriously.

Pompey fans showing great delight in our plight.. never let us forget about it - Jeeez we are discussing this on a saints forum where there are getting on towards 5000 posts on a thread about them lot and their current plight, so we can't make out we aren't interested or showing great delight in them can we!

Pompey fans ruined TED Bates min silence - If I recall correctly it was like a handful of people that did that, most of their fans thought that was a disgrace as well.

Pompey fans sang "run away, run away" - lol 'football fans singing stupid derogatory songs at their opponents' shocker

what a plank

yes...I am biased..who would have thought

:rolleyes:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})