Christmas cards for Markus

St Joan

Originally Posted by mcjwills

"Lets start a campaign for all Saints fans to send an Christmas card to Markus, can you imagine the media response if they found out that Markus had been sent 25,000 Christmas cards from the fans, a small gesture, only 40p per fan but think of the publicity that it would generate and the sense of belonging that Markus would get."

Originally Posted by Wes Tender

"Just stumbled across this and I really do like the idea. Can we perhaps start it up as a new thread a couple of weeks before Christmas so that it is current at the time?"

If you want to send Markus a Christmas card via SMS, then now might be the best time as he is likely to be at the Tranmere match and possibly the JPT match too.

I think this is a great idea. Everyone can afford 30p for a card (from the cheap shops) and 30p or whatever for a stamp. It'd be a lovely gesture. And the more wealthy and better fans could get him a present. I would be willing to spend £20 on something for him. We could even club together? What if we all donated some money (minimum £3, maximum £50) and got him a great pressie? If 2000 people all gave £5 that would be £10,000. Imagine what we could get him for that much! He'd love it (and love us).

Any suggestions for a £10,000 present for Markus?

Heres the full UK address for lazy F*ckers:

Markus Liebherr

C/O Southampton Football Club Ltd

Friends Provident St. Marys Stadium

Britannia Road

Southampton

SO14 5FP

Its a great idea - I'm gonna send one.

Can someone with an Echo account post this online?

I think this is a great idea. Everyone can afford 30p for a card (from the cheap shops) and 30p or whatever for a stamp. It'd be a lovely gesture. And the more wealthy and better fans could get him a present. I would be willing to spend £20 on something for him. We could even club together? What if we all donated some money (minimum £3, maximum £50) and got him a great pressie? If 2000 people all gave £5 that would be £10,000. Imagine what we could get him for that much! He'd love it (and love us).

Anyone who donates £50,000 or more could nominate a school where the kids all get season tickets for life or something similar.

Thanks St Joan for refreshing everybody's memory on this great idea. I'm doing my Christmas card list now and Markus Liebherr is on it.

Come on, Mods; it's the season of goodwill to all men (even Lowe deserves our goodwill for facilitating ML's arrival and also for helping rid us of all those other leeches).

Surely this deserves to be a Sticky, as there is probably no man around who deserves the gratitude of so many people associated with this Club more than Markus.

Given that Markus is kinda ...well ..loaded, would it not be better if you want to do something cool, to 'club together' and buy a shed load of tickets for some kids in his name? Do something with the cash that helps spread good will and good PR and explain that its a thank you from fans to Markus and Nicola for what they have given the club?

Given that Markus is kinda ...well ..loaded' date=' would it not be better if you want to do something cool, to 'club together' and buy a shed load of tickets for some kids in his name? Do something with the cash that helps spread good will and good PR and explain that its a thank you from fans to Markus and Nicola for what they have given the club?[/quote']

That is a great idea, like last season where people could buy extra tickets and donate them.

Heres the full UK address for lazy F*ckers:

Markus Liebherr

C/O Southampton Football Club Ltd

Friends Provident???? St. Marys Stadium

Britannia Road

Southampton

SO14 5FP

Its a great idea - I'm gonna send one.

Can someone with an Echo account post this online?

FP must love you, they've not paid a penny towards that advert for at least 3 years.

They also managed to get good free advertising on the LSE web-site over the last few years too. The company address was never updated after they pulled out.

If they'd had any sense they'd have sponsored the top division of non-League in the 80s, there are still people who call the Football Conference/Blue Square Premier the Vauxhall Conference without a second thought, and that sponsorship ended 11 years ago.

If they'd had any sense they'd have sponsored the top division of non-League in the 80s, there are still people who call the Football Conference/Blue Square Premier the Vauxhall Conference without a second thought, and that sponsorship ended 11 years ago.

I'm always keen to see who we draw in the Milk Cup every year, but have to say I can't remember ever referring to our ground as anything other than 'St Mary's', it was never the FP St Mary's Stadium in our house.

They also managed to get good free advertising on the LSE web-site over the last few years too. The company address was never updated after they pulled out.

...and justin gladis (i think thats him?) who is on the PA before matches, a couple of weeks ago gave them a free plug too...''good afternoon, and welcome to the friends provident st mary's stadium...''

FP must love you, they've not paid a penny towards that advert for at least 3 years.

The Echo uses the photo of St Mary's with "The Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium" above Southampton Football Club. Their article from the 4th Dec about the world cup bid for instance. Their offices cant be in Southampton anymore!!

Lucy Pinder Santa stripogram! :smt040

Card went in the post yesterday. I think he would appreciate something done for schools and kids whose parents don't have the money to take them to a game rather than something for him,but could be done in his name, I'm sure one of you could come up with a pithy title....

It's a lovely thought and can only further the spirit of harmony and goodwill around the club. Does anyone know if it has been done before elsewhere?

I'm sure people have been sending each other Christmas cards for a number of years now.

You could add a bit on the bottom of your card to ML moaning about him closing the Kingsland Stand for the FA Cup game! ;)

Personally I can think of nothing lamer than fans clubbing together money to buy a Billionaire an Xmas present.

I'm sure people have been sending each other Christmas cards for a number of years now.

You could add a bit on the bottom of your card to ML moaning about him closing the Kingsland Stand for the FA Cup game! ;)

Personally I can think of nothing lamer than fans clubbing together money to buy a Billionaire an Xmas present.

Unless it was a signed/framed Ron Davies original, of course!!

could we not get a very large xmas card made up and get the fans to sign it, similar to the ideal of having the massive football shirts signed by fans for charity etc? we could then do a bucket collection for all those who sign the "massive card" and then have the money donated to a charity of markus' choice?!

Just a thought.....

:) I'm not bitter, no really I'm not... Season of goodwill, Frohe Weihnachten and all that stuff...

I really think that this is achievable and would be much better than a rubbish card. Everyone sends cards. I have had one from the Post Office and one from my local Indian restuarant. They mean nothing.

Let's get him a great present that will show him what we think of him. I have done some research and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BYZANTINE-MOSAIC-OF-CHRIST-PANTOKRATOR-5-6TH-CENT-AD_W0QQitemZ290334806637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item43994d926d

What do people thinnk? It really isn't that much money if we all chip in and imagine what the press would think of us if we got a photo op of us presenting Markus with this rare gift. I would hope that they could send it by Christmas. I would be happy to present it to him, or maybe Boj could do it?

Come on people! Let's get this sorted. Maybe the admin could set up an account that we could all pay into using paypal or something?