Barca - Pre Season Friendly?

SO16_Saint

I'd imagine that the club would go for a really big side for this years Ted Bates Trophy as it is the 125th year. It would be a good way to open the season even if there was a high fee to get them to play it would be recouped if the draw of a big team attracted a crowd in the high 20k's like Bayern Munich did at St Mary's.

Surely Barca have hundreds of preseason friendly offers from accross Europe. They must have much better and more challenging offers than us. Nice idea though. Personally I'd like us to play Dynamo Kiev, but their summer off season is very short. The Ukrainian League is one of the first to start and the last to end.

Sent from my back garden using smoke signals.

Surely Barca have hundreds of preseason friendly offers from accross Europe. They must have much better and more challenging offers than us.

Teams like Barca charge a large fee for away games just to turn up. This would put many teams off as it would require a large crowd to break even. Saints at St Mary's in their 125th year should be able to get close to a sell out for such a friendly so worth a try for an opponent of this calibre.

I'd imagine that the club would go for a really big side for this years Ted Bates Trophy as it is the 125th year. It would be a good way to open the season even if there was a high fee to get them to play it would be recouped if the draw of a big team attracted a crowd in the high 20k's like Bayern Munich did at St Mary's.

Got to be Brighton imo

Surely someone needs to reform our arch rivals Freemantle FC for that one?;)

Would be amazing.

I was wondering during the Barca - Arsenal game how we'd get on against playing Barca and I honestly think they would probably beat us with 8 against our 11. They're current XI is probably the best team i've ever seen play.

I think they'd beat us comfortably and would be a bad idea to start the season having been thrashed at the hands of their reserves. Would do the confidence of players no good at all.

The key is to find a side that will attract punters, but also one that's not going to totally demolish the team and their confidence.

A mid-table Serie A side etc?

Sent from my underground bunker via the Enigma machine

I think they'd beat us comfortably and would be a bad idea to start the season having been thrashed at the hands of their reserves. Would do the confidence of players no good at all.

The key is to find a side that will attract punters, but also one that's not going to totally demolish the team and their confidence.

A mid-table Serie A side etc?

Sent from my underground bunker via the Enigma machine

pompey??;)

would be nice but i would hate us to get smashed 5+ right before the season starts.

Messi takes on Harding down the wing then picks out a pass to Ibrahimovic who is tackled by Jaidi.....:cool:

........anyone else finding this unlikely? :confused:

Yes, Harding would've tackled him before he got the pass in.

Surely we will play whichever foreign team is on a pre-season tour of England that has them in the vicinity of London/the south on roughly the right date. Same as evey other year, no?

How about Grashopper Zurich? Has anyone always fancied Young Boys Bern?

We should always play a red and white striped team with the loser agreeing to never wear the stripes again. Start with Exeter and work up over the years to Atletico Madrid.

I like this idea very much indeedzklwejriowyheipotaskldjg;aweupq

sent by my team of monkeys tasked with typing the complete works of Shakespeare

We should always play a red and white striped team with the loser agreeing to never wear the stripes again. Start with Exeter and work up over the years to Atletico Madrid.

Athletico Bilbao?

Is it right that they changed their strip to Red and White stripes after playing saints in the Fairs Cup in 1971 or is that an urban myth?

I think a Barca friendly would be great, our stadium may not be the Nou Camp but it's still a good showpiece for the game. Perhaps we should just hijack whoever Pompey want to play...

Sent via telepathy to my missus, who typed it up for me on her abacus.