Calderon

thorpie the sinner

Not sure we're allowed to sign people yet and I doubt his contract finishes until the end of the month?

This. He'll be announced on the 1st of June I'd have thought.

NC has always done things by the book so i doubt he'll reveal IC until it is official

Probably what was hinted at in the Programme on Saturday and unlike Leeds trumpeting the arrival of Lee Barnard to them from Southend in the Jan window in their programme, rather than show un Swiss inefficient naivety the club decided to pull the programme to save face.

Probably what was hinted at in the Programme on Saturday and unlike Leeds trumpeting the arrival of Lee Barnard to them from Southend in the Jan window in their programme, rather than show un Swiss inefficient naivety the club decided to pull the programme to save face.

People on here have read the programme. It says nothing unusual.

Youtube is not the best way to judge a player as you are seeing him in isolation and selective clips, but he does look good. :)

Videos of every touch Calderon had in 4 League One games...

Calderon vs Charlton

Calderon vs Oldham and Hartlepool

Calderon vs Tranmere

He has a lot of potential.

Youtube is not the best way to judge a player as you are seeing him in isolation and selective clips, but he does look good. :)

Videos of every touch Calderon had in 4 League One games...

Calderon vs Charlton

Calderon vs Oldham and Hartlepool

Calderon vs Tranmere

Looks very promising. Got an air of Mr Fonte about him.

People on here have read the programme. It says nothing unusual.

But the reason for reading the programme was to look for something blatantly contentious which everyone one was looking for as a conspiracy. If the signing of this chap was mentioned, because it seems to be a badly kept secret most folks would skim over reading of it thinking it was general knowledge.

But the reason for reading the programme was to look for something blatantly contentious which everyone one was looking for as a conspiracy. If the signing of this chap was mentioned, because it seems to be a badly kept secret most folks would skim over reading of it thinking it was general knowledge.

Well no, announcing a signing before he's signed would be seen as a possible reason for the programmes being withdrawn.

Sky Sports confirm the signing. Is he any good?

Look at the videos I posted earlier in the thread. You shouldn't trust Youtube player videos generally but he does look very good and most Brighton fans are devastated based on the huge thread about it on their main forum.

someone has said it's an advertising slip up, we revealed some company too early?!?!

Sounds feasible, I look forward to the programme going on sale as normal when the breached deadline has passed then...

Oh come on, someone (lets call them "Steve Grant") is reading the programme actively looking for something contentious and they don't notice a new signing is announced? Hardly likely.

Does he have a proposal from us yet?

"They told me about the deadline in the last week and I thought I would have the Southampton proposal by then. The problem was I couldn't have a meeting with them in time so I asked for another week. They said the deadline is the deadline."

TBF, thats not particulary hard is it. If he is the best RB we have ever had I would be well pleased, better than Golac, Rodrigues, Dodd and so on.

you were struggling after Dodd weren't you!

Doubt if he's better than Mick Mills(or Golac for that matter)

If he was he wouldn't be playing for Brighton on a 6 month contract.

meant we haven't had many good RBs since Dodd.

he has a lot of followers but imho was quite a poor RB!

Ostlund ?? complete rubbish, a lot of huff and puff and kissing the badge (which seems to please many amongst us) but nowhere near good enough for SFC. Always injured so played about 50 games in 3 years.Saw us coming, or his agent did.

speaking to Brighton fan, said he was the best RB they had had and most of their play started with him -he's gutted.

John Prescott was the best Transport Minister that Labour ever had. Best doesn't always = good :-)

Oh come on, someone (lets call them "Steve Grant") is reading the programme actively looking for something contentious and they don't notice a new signing is announced? Hardly likely.

But in reality given the topic of consternation that has been top of the agenda since Saturday even someone could quite easily over look that not insignificant event being mentioned.

I dont see anywhere in that Sky article that suggests we have even spoken to him yet.

What about the first sentance?

Inigo Calderon insists he never turned down a new contract at Brighton & Hove Albion after agreeing to move to Southampton.

Admittedly the rest of the article does contradict this opening line, but they are older quotes from a few days ago so maybe the deal has been done. But then...Sky messed up the Ward deal and announced it as being complete.

Edited by Matthew Le God

What about the first sentance?

Admittedly the rest of the article does contradict this opening line, but they are older quotes from a few days ago so maybe the deal has been done. But then...Sky messed up the Ward deal and announce it as being complete.

In fact the BBC article on the same subject is far more lucid.

Brighton made him an offer (which in theory he agreed to) but the player then chose to wait for Saints who Brighton cannot compete with. Apparently he missed their last 3 matches with a hip injury and Poyet is peeved because they took a chance on an injured player who then chose to wait for us.

In fact the BBC article on the same subject is far more lucid.

Brighton made him an offer (which in theory he agreed to) but the player then chose to wait for Saints who Brighton cannot compete with. Apparently he missed their last 3 matches with a hip injury and Poyet is peeved because they took a chance on an injured player who then chose to wait for us.

Seems to be still waiting

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8162295.Counting_cost_of_Pardew_job_fears/?ref=rss

Wonder what truth there is in this

Seems to be still waiting

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8162295.Counting_cost_of_Pardew_job_fears/?ref=rss

Wonder what truth there is in this

That reallyyyyyyyy is sloppy

lets be honest & i keep saying this but would NC really allow anything he is about to do come out through external sources? In this report echo states players we are looking at have been told deals on backburner till manager situation sorted AS IF even if they had been looking at it they would say fook all sheesh .... what utter utter clap trap