Snow (again)

SuperMikey

Its pretty rediculous really that they had this situation last year, we all knew this was coming about a week ago and apparantly the council had purchased more materials in order to help clear the snow however they have stilled failed to get the roads clear and get it sorted.

Useless.

Also it could be a good thing for Saints to have a week or so off to let those little niggly injuries calm down abit.

Not going to chance getting to Eastleigh this morning, apparently the main roads in and around eastleigh have not been grited. The slushy mess on the road is also turning icy here now as well, was passable earlier down my road but it's getting worse.

In at work now, I must say, that there are some fecking idiots on our roads. I had them undertaking and overtaking on the Millbrook rd, and I was doing a steady 20/25 mph. No wonder so many end up smaking into things!

You're not wrong GLT.

I took mrs h to work earlier and at the top of the hill near The Ice House with a queue of cars coming towards me (up the hill) and a car blocking their side of the road, I thought it better to let them keep moving, waved them on. This one car hesitated and almost didn;t make it, when they eventually passed with the windows open, I received a torrent of abuse from the driver and passengers. what a bunch of ******s.

More snow in Sheffield overnight - it's still coming down pretty heavy, yet the weather forecast says heavy snow showers until lunchtime and then HEAVY SNOW after midday!!!!!!

This is nuts. The one and only time in my life I have seen this much snow is when I went on a snowboarding holiday in Bulgaria in 2006!

other side of fair oak, must have about 5-6 inches (and still snowing), was due to be working down near the marina in sarisbury but boss rang and said not to bother, gotta drive over to winchester in the flat bed in a mo to drop the mrs off, should be interesting ..then to the pub for the rest of the day! and make a southampton related snow creation at some point ..

As the resident forum gritter-watch poster I can confirm that as of 18:00 hours 7 gritter lorries have passed my house en-route to the motorways. Yes, it is annoying when I am trying to watch Vampire ****ing Diaries but I see it as my duty.

Phone in now and tell the boss you won;t be in tomorrow, join me for one almighty SaintsSnowmanFest on the common.

NB

Make that 9 gritters!!! Another sleepless night for me with Anne Murray I suppose.

Right, I was planning on coming down to Soton after work tomorrow. I will be going M4 (from the west), A34, M3, the Avenue then towards Shirley.

I know the M4 is ok at the moment. What are people's views on the other roads? Many thanks. The BBC travel news has nothing reported at all for Hampshire which I find a little odd!

Well today ended up as an afternoon pub session with the neighbour, once we'd cleared the drive (2 hours of manual labour) we'd thought we'd earned a pint. His lodger came with us(for good measure), got to the pub circa 16:00 to find it pack to the rafters and a xmas eve feel to it all.

Got right royally eggnogged, nothing like a bit of adversity for the British public to curtail it into an excuse for a good ole p1ss up.

Goodnight

xx