Guilty pleasures

Dr Who?

Just wondering, what you guiltily pleasures are.

I was thinking today, that I do like some girlie program's.

Desperate housewifes

Now into new girl on channel 4.

I think this is to balance up the love of gore and serial killer program's I watch, along with horror movies. Come on, me and a mate were laughing all the way through the saw movies. Maybe another guilty pleasure in there somewhere.

Also like very long hot bubble baths. Just this evening, was in the bath for 90 minutes.... Lovely.

Also my favourite music is rock/metal/death metal, but I like to listen to lily Allan, tori Amos, Kate bush, and then even DMX.

Do you like things that you think, this is a little bit wrong?

Please god, this could end up in the muppet show....I can just tell.

Edited by Dr Who?

Desperate housewifes

I think this is to balance up the love of gore and serial killer program's I watch, along with horror movies. Come on me and a mate were laughing all the way through the saw movies. Maybe another guilty pleasure in there somewhere.

Also like very long hot bubble baths. Just this evening, was in the bath for 90 minutes.... Lovely.

Also my favourite music is rock/metal/death metal, but I like to listen to lily Allan, tori Amos, Kate bush, and then even DMX.

Do you like things that you think, this is a little bit wrong?

Please god, this could end up in the muppet show....I can just tell.

You're a confusing character alright - girlie in some ways .... yet into death metal! :uhoh:

ME? Completely in touch with my feminine side and don't mind saying it. I have Desperate Housewives on series-link on Sky Plus! Love Rom Coms ... drink Lambrini, eat chocolates, listen to smooth jazz (Kenny G, Chris Botti, Boney James etc) .... but long bubble baths?? No way! I'm not a complete woman. :)

Torn tomorrow between St Mary's and staying in for Whitney's funeral. As I'm hoping the funeral is later than 5pm our time, I'll be at the game!

As I write this I'm half watching a awful Michael Winner/Charles Bronson movie called 'The Stone Killer' I recorded last night. I do feel pretty guilty about it, but unfortunately I'm without any of the compensating 'pleasure' such unadulterated trash is supposed to deliver. :(

Indeed, I hope there is a special corner of Room 101 reserved for Mr Winner and all his works.

Most of my guilty pleasures are things from my teens that I fiercely retain, especially when it comes to music. Still love Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, and love listening to live recordings of gigs I've been to ( Thunder's 1990 set at Donington ). A lot of other guilty pleasures involve really bad films that I saw over and over again in the 1980s, like Commando.

Don't have too many modern interests that I'm guilty about. Used to watch (and really enjoy) the likes of Desperate Housewives with the missus, but don't even watch that now. 24 would also be a very guilty pleasure - utterly at odds with the way that I see the world, but still very very good.

Most of my guilty pleasures are things from my teens that I fiercely retain, especially when it comes to music. Still love Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, and love listening to live recordings of gigs I've been to ( Thunder's 1990 set at Donington ). A lot of other guilty pleasures involve really bad films that I saw over and over again in the 1980s, like Commando.

Don't have too many modern interests that I'm guilty about. Used to watch (and really enjoy) the likes of Desperate Housewives with the missus, but don't even watch that now. 24 would also be a very guilty pleasure - utterly at odds with the way that I see the world, but still very very good.

Nothing wrong with listening to Thunderstruck, I often YouTube it, and it still sends shivers down my spine.... It is one hell of an intro.

Desperate housewifes

I like to listen to Kate bush.

That closet door is straining at the seams mate, ffs put it out of its misery :lol:

edit-

just realised, theres no point posting that for Dr Who just now. The double bill of desperate housewives is still on.

Edited by scotty

I am ALL ABOUT long hot bubble baths. The trouble is, the hot water tank in our house is quite small, and I can only fill up half a bath, so it doesn't really last longer than an hour.

I have mannish tastes in TV, although I did like that Pushing Daisies show that was on a couple of years ago.

I do enjoy smelling flowers, I'm not sure if that's weird.

Oh, two of my favourite albums of all time are Alicia's Attic "Alicia Rules The World", and Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill".

Love that film, Arnie films from around then were amazing. Twins for example was brilliant.

Awful actress: What did you do to Sully? Arnie: I let him go (after dropping him off a cliff)

Quality stuff.

• 8 years later...

Pride and Prejudice was on the other day, the 2005 version with Keira Knightley in.  I sat down not interested but got drawn in.  Ended up glued to it. 

Taylor Swift's silly, early pop songs.  You can't play You Belong with Me anywhere, at any time and be taken remotely seriously by anyone.

Polly from Fawlty Towers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manuel said:

Pride and Prejudice was on the other day, the 2005 version with Keira Knightley in.  I sat down not interested but got drawn in.  Ended up glued to it. 

Taylor Swift's silly, early pop songs.  You can't play You Belong with Me anywhere, at any time and be taken remotely seriously by anyone.

Polly from Fawlty Towers.

Nothing wrong with bit of Jane Austin.

I watched bit of Bridgerton the other day. Actually felt so out of place when bloke started talking about masturbation. I like my period dramas pure. Although also like the Favourite which could easily be described as a ‘lesbian romp’

Also Hamilton

I am Sad Old Gits. I noticed earlier today he's still talking about me on the ugly inside again, yet again completely unprompted by anyone and i haven't posted on there for six months. Properly obsessed. What a wierdo. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I am Sad Old Gits. I noticed earlier today he's still talking about me on the ugly inside again, yet again completely unprompted by anyone and i haven't posted on there for six months. Properly obsessed. What a wierdo. 

Yet you obsessively post about his obsession on here... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1