Sibley has upset Pompey...

Saint-Armstrong

How will you feel if a Saints fan gets blinded with a pound coin thrown into our end by a Pompey fan angry because of Sibleys comments?

I'd ask why that Pompey fan didn't throw that coin into a bucket for his club...

Sibley is entitled to an opinion and nothing he's said is wrong...

I love Cortese, I don't like Sibleys sense of self importance. He's a little boy with to high an opinion of himself. The official sites saintandy666 if you will.

have you met him...?

he is not the only one that posts on twitter,,hell many people on here post the team line up.....?

he is of no importance to me and really fail to see why you get worked up over him

he is just another faceless twitterer IMO.......I would have not seen his tweets (if i looked that often) as any differently from say any other on there

have you met him...?

he is not the only one that posts on twitter,,hell many people on here post the team line up.....?

he is of no importance to me and really fail to see why you get worked up over him

he is just another faceless twitterer IMO.......I would have not seen his tweets (if i looked that often) as any differently from say any other on there

Yes I have met him. It amuses me how he positions himself as the voice of the Club when he's little more than Corteses tea boy.

Wonder how much it costs to "buy" a table at the awards? When we don't appear to have money problems and we buy 1 table yet they buy 2 in their situation?

A table at an awards ceremony like that is usually about £150 per person or £1,000 for a full table. Two tables = two grand. I doubt they drank water all night, so you can chuck in another grand on premium priced booze for twenty people. So that's three grand of the St John's Ambulance's money they've spunked on a jolly fun p*ss up.

Stay classy lads :cry:

A blue Few reply LOL

MattyC Mattyc mATTYc PUP PTID

Monday, March 12, 2012 at 08:45 AM

More's to teh point have you seen what the Stain official spokeman was tweeting lest night about us: ""Jordan Sibley ‏ @jordansibley Pompey win Family Club of the Year. I chuckled too. If the irony isn't enough, they have 'bought' two tables at tonight's awards"" - and there were more, vile stain. PUP

A table at an awards ceremony like that is usually about £150 per person or £1,000 for a full table. Two tables = two grand. I doubt they drank water all night, so you can chuck in another grand on premium priced booze for twenty people. So that's three grand of the St John's Ambulance's money they've spunked on a jolly fun p*ss up.

Stay classy lads :cry:

I expect West Ham paid for it, either that or the FL deducted it out of the £800k they have given them to keep going until the end of the season.....after all cant have one of your award winners liquidated, wouldn't look too clever would it ;)

I love Cortese, I don't like Sibleys sense of self importance. He's a little boy with to high an opinion of himself. The official sites saintandy666 if you will.
He's the Club's press officer FFS. What would you rather? STFU and have no communication coming out of the club?

Fair play to Sibley. Only saying what everyone else is thinking about that tinpot, joke of a football club.

What makes me laugh is the Skates are getting wound up about that comment because it came from a club official. They seem to be forgetting their club officials in the past have done things like; steal from charities, money laundering, asset stripping and arms dealing. Lovely bunch.

Typical over the top reaction to a little tongue in cheek dig, about the less than humorous events down the road. All Sibley has done is said what everyone else was probably thinking about them getting the Family club award. And for them to even be nominated for the Community award is quite staggering, as all they do is rip the community off.

Why don't they just grow a pair & suck it up. They were great at giving it out, but not so happy to take the banter when its going the other way. #WTFILN

At worst, it was perhaps unnecessary, and I too have criticised Sibley in the past for some things he's tweeted, but ultimately it is his opinion on his personal account, and you can't escape the fact that the way he viewed and interpreted it is the same way just about every other fan in the country (outside of Portsmouth) will have viewed it.

What I find the most ironic is the Pompey News journalist criticising it when he has exactly the same 'Views are my own' in his twitter profile... why does he use the term if he clearly has no regard for it and ignores it when it suits him?

He's the Club's press officer FFS. What would you rather? STFU and have no communication coming out of the club?

Exactly, he should do his job which is to STFU unless he's told to speak. He should be breaking team news/imminent OS announcements via the official club twitter, not on his personal account as he currently does. Club news is not the jumped up, little toss*r's plaything.

Exactly, he should do his job which is to STFU unless he's told to speak. He should be breaking team news/imminent OS announcements via the official club twitter, not on his personal account as he currently does. Club news is not the jumped up, little toss*r's plaything.

If he wants repeat things via his personal account then that's up to him. Yes, he has to be a bit careful but as long as he's not libellous and doesn't defame anyone, I don't see any problem. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. He sends official news out via the officialsaints account. That's part of his job. What he sends out via his own account is up to him.

Out of interest, as I've not met him, why do you think he's a "jumped up toss*r"?

If he wants repeat things via his personal account then that's up to him. Yes, he has to be a bit careful but as long as he's not libellous and doesn't defame anyone, I don't see any problem. It's his opinion and he's entitled to it. He sends official news out via the officialsaints account. That's part of his job. What he sends out via his own account is up to him.

Out of interest, as I've not met him, why do you think he's a "jumped up toss*r"?

He does a fair bit of club biz on his personal account instead of the official twitter - most stuff gets broken on his account before it appears on the official account and sometimes it doesnt even appear there at all. As to the toss*r remark, just repeating a mate who was in hospitality for the Walsall game and bumped into him.

Poor decision by Sibley IMO. He really shouldn't be commenting on our friends down the M27. It lacks class.

His twitter page might say opinions are his own, but he is well known as being the mouthpiece of the club and any view his puts out via his own twitter account reflects on the club. With that kind of role there is no clear separation between the view of the club and his own views.

Within your own spere of business would you make comments about your competitor on twitter? Would you be allowed to?

Storm in a teacup.

Edited by Chez

Under the terms of the CVA it would end up as a mere 20p and unlikely to ever make it as far as that.

Actually it's worse. The 20p would be paid in 4 installments of 5p thus four saints fans would be at risk, although the chances of said coins materialising would be remote

They just asked the Football League to send them the invoice... Ooops.

It's OK though as the cheque is already in the post.

Surely the award should have gone to the Community for services to PFC?

As much as I find what was said amusing, it shouldn't have been posted by anyone with any formal connection to the club. Unless the intention was to anger our friends down the road.

What is that journalistic adage? Report the story, don't become part of it and if the spokesman needs a spokesman then you know things aren't right.

Actually it's worse. The 20p would be paid in 4 installments of 5p thus four saints fans would be at risk, although the chances of said coins materialising would be remote

Also, spread over 4 years, we'd have forgotten what the hell was going on as a solitary 5p got flung over the stands from outside!!!