Sibley has upset Pompey...

Saint-Armstrong

Following his earlier tweet that read:

"Pompey win Family Club of the Year. I chuckled too. If the irony isn't enough, they have 'bought' two tables at tonight's awards. #saintsfc"

They re-tweeted his tweet, sending it onto the timeline of all of their followers.

They then tweeted:

"Amazingly that last message I retweeted was from a club official - not top of the class table #pompey"

Touched a nerve there!

I'd love to see Cortese's reaction if they complained to him...

For the record my reply was:

"Why don't you show some class and pay those children's charities and St. John's Ambulance? Don't go preaching to others."

Why do they think they are owed sympathy?

Following his earlier tweet that read:

"Pompey win Family Club of the Year. I chuckled too. If the irony isn't enough, they have 'bought' two tables at tonight's awards. #saintsfc"

They re-tweeted his tweet, sending it onto the timeline of all of their followers.

They then tweeted:

"Amazingly that last message I retweeted was from a club official - not top of the class table #pompey"

Touched a nerve there!

I'd love to see Cortese's reaction if they complained to him...

For the record my reply was:

"Why don't you show some class and pay those children's charities and St. John's Ambulance? Don't go preaching to others."

Why do they think they are owed sympathy?

Ithink sibley was wrong and not classy from saints official.

It is his 'personal account' he can say what he wants. His info on twitter even says...."The difficult I do at once. The impossible takes a bit longer. Club Spokesman at Southampton FC. Views are my own etc"

Fair comment. If it was official Southampton fc it could possibly have been slightly unprofessional but as it appears to be his own account. nothing wrong with sharing his views. No matter how right they are ;)

1/2: @pn_neil_allen: RT @pompeytrust: @officialpompey Mr Sibley, as Spokesman for Southampton FC, should apologise to the PFC Community team for his comments, shameful

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

What an odd bunch they are.

Not the smartest of moves from a representative of their biggest rivals, but anyone with half a brain, Saints of otherwise, must be scratching their heads at the crassness of even a nomination for any award with any connections to community. Those poor folks who are owed money must be taking that like a slap in the face.

Just sums up Footballs attitude to piddling money up the wall at will without any responsibility.

The @officialpompey account is in no position to argue either. They once referred to us as 'scummers', and the last time I checked, 'scum' was an offensive word. You'd never get Saints calling them 'skates'.

Oh if only....

Won't lose any sleep over it but most club news is first broken on sibley's own account rather than the official twitter which does blur the lines between what is private and what is professional.

Trumped up little eunuch can't have it both ways.

Won't lose any sleep over it but most club news is first broken on sibley's own account rather than the official twitter which does blur the lines between what is private and what is professional.

Trumped up little eunuch can't have it both ways.

No, Sibley normally tweets that official news is incoming and then once the article is up posts a link.

Much ado about nothing here - it says at the top of his page that views are his own.

No, Sibley normally tweets that official news is incoming and then once the article is up posts a link.

Much ado about nothing here - it says at the top of his page that views are his own.

Incoming news should be tweeted from the official twitter, not his personal account. People hungry for news, even if its an announcement that something will be going up on the OS, rely on on Sibley more than any other source. His account becomes the gatekeeper for all Saints news which doesnt strike me as very private.

As I say, I won't lose any sleep over it; but the narcissistic toss*r should remember why he's hired.

Edited by shurlock

Wonder how much it costs to "buy" a table at the awards? When we don't appear to have money problems and we buy 1 table yet they buy 2 in their situation?

The community club thing is laughable too. They have relied upon the community to bail them out of complete miss management and over spending twice in recent history and get an award for it! The community deserve an award for falling for it so often!

Oh the PC world.

Good post Jordan. Exactly what our AND EVERY OTHER club should be saying.

If the cheats are so twitchy then they should have REFUSED to accept the nomination for "Community Club of the Year" the moment they AGAIN stopped paying their staff and asking them to work for free, made local Community members redundant and continued to renege on their promise to pay the Charities.

Perhaps if Neil Allen had apologised for NOT calling TCWB a cn*t when he urinated on the seating at SMS they might have some moral high ground.

And, he was right. How COULD they afford to pay for tables, transport (and possibly hotel accomodation if Alcohol was served) when "they are only days from going out of business?

Sorry, how about them apologising for their Squad Valuation to the High Court that allowed them to sign loans to play against us in the cup at SMS? THAT was offensive

Maybe Sibley should be seen to be punished by the club

Make a donation to 1 of the charities that the skates have ripped off then post picture on ***ter of him handing over a cheque & signed ball for the charity to auction/raffle

I like that idea. Perhaps listing all the creditors still waiting for any return from administration 2010.

It seems wrong for someone connected to the club even via his own twitter account to make a comment like that, not that I didn't enjoy it, especially with the skates getting angry about it.

What a load of tosh. He hasn't said anything offensive at all. Offensive is monies outstanding to charities. They certainly have bigger things to worry about than this. He has voiced the opinion of every rational person. Anyone who claims he hasn't is just a politically 'correct' attention seeker. As for whether he should have done, when will people realise that they don't have to go seeking out peoples personal views on social media just to then cry about them? Of course PFC were going to have a deluded whine about it but I'd have thought given the injustice of some of the monies they owe everyone on here would be universally agreed that the situation is pretty laughable.

The last time I looked, there was still enough freedom of speech still left, so he is entirely able to express his own opinion. As far as my limited knowledge of law extends, he has not said anything libellous and even if many others in the inner football circle haven't commented, that doesn't mean that they don't think the same.

But Portsouth being awarded the Community Club of the year? The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.

But Portsouth being awarded the Community Club of the year? The lunatics have truly taken over the asylum.

It was Family club of the year, they got beat by Rotherham for the community award.

Edit: Interestingly, Rotherham were in administration twice, in 2006 and 2008! Must be a prerequisite for the award.

Edited by Doctoroncall
fact checked

I think the award they received was "Family Club of the Year", and not "Community Club of the year." Regardless, they shouldn't be receiving any awards until the FL finally agrees to commission the "Cheats of the year" award. Hopefully we'll see it in time for next year.