So who here was on SaintsForever then?

110_Persaint

Bless him. He really is a fat spade-faced spaz-eyed mong.

I remember when stu first joined S4E...

He was such a happy flappy scarfer..

Had his own website and gave awards to the players....

Then something changed and he became a head mental

I used to enjoy my clashes with him on here.... Now he is too political about saints over on the uglies

I used to enjoy my clashes with him on here.... Now he is too political about saints over on the uglies

he used to wear a shirt with Beatties name on the back, then he tried very, very hard to be a lad.

I remember Stu's final downfall, it was brilliant.

He got himself all wrapped up in the installment system and tried to do a bit of maths. Remember when he was consistantly proven wrong he would either ignore you or go off on one.

He seemed pretty harmless though, apart from the hardman image he tried to pull off. Gave a few giggles though

Have been Eurosaint throughout the UI and Saints4ever days !

Was living in Belgium at the time and Euro just seemed to fit ! So many people since have assumed that I had something to do with the Commission, the Parliament or even was a big supporter of the Euro, none of which was the case !

BTW, whatever happened to Bent_Eric ? One of the funniest guys and great with the (non trolling)! banter which was the norm at the time !!

Have been Eurosaint throughout the UI and Saints4ever days !

Was living in Belgium at the time and Euro just seemed to fit ! So many people since have assumed that I had something to do with the Commission, the Parliament or even was a big supporter of the Euro, none of which was the case !

BTW, whatever happened to Bent_Eric ? One of the funniest guys and great with the (non trolling)! banter which was the norm at the time !!

STill see Bent_Eric, and yeh, he is a funny bloke. Think he just got bored with forums. Think he was more of an UI bloke though, wasn't he? And remember, don't sit near him on the bus.

Good to see the 'Jizz Mopping Mong' thing is still being remembered... can't remember exactly how it came about but it was from when I was working at the airport and there was some discussion about my job... I think eric joked about me being a toilet cleaner, and PB came up with the moniker. Was pretty funny, even I'll admit!

Anyway, I've obviously been on boards for about 20 years now since having my own Marching In forum, back in the day when it was mainly my site and Rick Throbber's Bogus Saints page. And I still sit on the fence.

Good to see the 'Jizz Mopping Mong' thing is still being remembered... can't remember exactly how it came about but it was from when I was working at the airport and there was some discussion about my job... I think eric joked about me being a toilet cleaner, and PB came up with the moniker. Was pretty funny, even I'll admit!

Anyway, I've obviously been on boards for about 20 years now since having my own Marching In forum, back in the day when it was mainly my site and Rick Throbber's Bogus Saints page. And I still sit on the fence.

Ha Ha ... The Voice of Reason amongst all the ensuing insanity !!!

Joined S4E in 2003 as Bursledon Saint but was re-christened Wurzel (as it rhymed apparently :rolleyes:) when I moved (now back there). That name stuck since on there, Saintsfun, B_Anter, to here and, worryingly, in real life to the extent that I'm sure some people are unaware it's not my real name.

There was a time I almost felt I lived on S4E, refusing the fiver on her is a self imposed limit to my activity.

Managed to miss Amygate too, think I was also on holiday at the time. Would love to read the proper story sometime :)

I can't even remember my old user name from Saints Forever days, but I do remember that you were a good source of info back then Minty .... reporting who you'd seen flying in/out of the airport often gave us the first clues on team or transfer news

I first joined the old Saintslist which was an email based forum thing. That was quite good at the time and iirc about '97/'98 ish. Was also on S4E with the same username. Seemed to be much more fun back then, much more banter, jokes and **** taking and a lot less people getting the hump over things and taking themselves too seriously. Some good posters and some fun threads. Seems to have taken a different turn now, but hey, i guess that's progress. Never been on the UI but remember b-anter.co.uk which was OK at times.

Was same on SaintsForever as I am now. Can't remember when I joined as I could never be arsed with Forums despite being a geek.

Missed Amygate and the meltdown of Saintsforever too, shame.

Also joined Dune/Stanley's short lived foreverSaints project at the time of the Wilde takeover, mainly to get away from the hate of sceptical Wilde people on Saintsforever. BTW have you seen the ForeverSaints holding page, Dune needs to get his act together.

I remember he once came up with the idea of organising a saints forever coach to go to an away game so we could all meet each other......he later denied this when he turned into a 'lad'.

Looking at the loyal saints forum reminded me of Master_Bates, whatever happened to him? Has he been mentioned on here.

Mind you, now I think of it, his persona is very much Bearsy like...

He sounds cool! Not me tho i never heard loyal saints forum.

I never done Saints Forever forums either. I like how the forum name turned out to be wassiname tho! Ironic.

Guantanamera Saint. Was on holiday when Amygate went down, the last big thing I remember was Javi 'kidnapping' Saf and Summers. Don't get epics like that anymore.

Remember Keef going mental when a few, (including Mao Cap, cabbage face and Sausage Saint) refused to stoip posting in leet speek

Some of the name from the past I'd totally forgotten about. I suppose they all went out and got lives?

Meanwhile, I'm still on here for ridiculous amounts of hours a day, just like I have been for about the last 10 years.

He was really switched on about the club. I was so impressed with this old thread of his, that I filed it under "Clueless Fat Fan", with a few of Alpine's old posts:

Was anyone else in The Golden Lion pre-match, Wilde came in and had a couple of beers with the 3/400 Saints fans in there, I thought that was a nice touch, found it quite amusing him singing along to 'Swing Lowe' etc

I told him to keep Bale and he said 'He is not going anywhere for 18 months, minimum. I said I would hold him to that and his response was "That is fine, come to the stadium and knock on my door if I am wrong "

Love it top man and as he says he is a 'fan' so why not.

Yup, saw him in the golden lion, Would we ever have seen rupert lowe do that? Or any other chairman?

Nice touch from Wilde! After all, he is a fan just like the rest of us but nice to see him keeping in touch with the fans.

Fair play to Wilde for drinking with the fans, despite having a high reputation and being 'famous' He really is a good man.

Well done michael wilde. Proving to be a brilliant chairman.

What a w@ nkfest...:lol:

I remember sending Keith an email after S4E got taken down asking what the problem was and getting a very angry reply from his wife! Something about him not being allowed to use the internet any more... :lol:

Always seemed like a nice guy though, must have been humiliating for him..

He was really switched on about the club. I was so impressed with this old thread of his, that I filed it under "Clueless Fat Fan", with a few of Alpine's old posts:

What a w@ nkfest...:lol:

Ah yes the days of the Wilde Worshippers, the people who when faced with anyone questioning Wilde immediately labelled them as 'Lowe Luvvies'.

Have to say some of those takeover threads back in the day did make the darkest days of the club just about bearable at times. I swear there were some people genuinely tracking Paul Allen's yacht :lol:

I was the same. I remember there was a really fit blonde girl on S4E. Think she lived in America. Can't remember the name though. It was probably some hairy arsed bloke really, but her pic was nice all the same.

are you on about Boardman?

Goldilocks?

There were quite a few pretty sassy (hopefully real) females on there and B-anter.

Posting on behalf of:-

I am indeed a female in the USA, was both of those people and, last time I checked, do not have a hairy arse

I first joined the old Saintslist which was an email based forum thing. That was quite good at the time and iirc about '97/'98 ish. Was also on S4E with the same username. Seemed to be much more fun back then, much more banter, jokes and **** taking and a lot less people getting the hump over things and taking themselves too seriously. Some good posters and some fun threads. Seems to have taken a different turn now, but hey, i guess that's progress. Never been on the UI but remember b-anter.co.uk which was OK at times.

Ahhh, Saintslist, I forgot about that! I spent too much of my early working life reading emails from you lot from about 96, 97 I guess?? Does it still exist??

Marching In - I forgot you did that! Did you start that when we were at college ... 20 years ago ... (scary)? Dave also did the "official" Saints site didn't he during that period? I think we must have been one of the only clubs to have an "official" site!?

The 'Marching In' website was years ahead of its time as anything cyber related to Southampton went. I remember there being quite a few good ones but they rarely got updated.

Throbber's site was good too and he let himself go there whilst maintaining his respectable side on Saintslist.

Keith's S4E site was good too but he removed a lot of the Saints/Pompey stuff for some reason. I know it sort of glorified hooliganism but I felt that he diluted the juicy stuff until it got a bit sterile.

Marching In - I forgot you did that! Did you start that when we were at college ... 20 years ago ... (scary)? Dave also did the "official" Saints site didn't he during that period? I think we must have been one of the only clubs to have an "official" site!?

Christ knows when it was, I think it was just after college, mid 90's somewhen. Back when I had WAY too much time on my hands, obviously! Before the days of any decent content management systems too, so it was all edited by hand. A right ball-ache, thinking about it now.

And yes, the first 'official' site was Dave Currie and Mike Furby's site that was originally hosted by the University. I think it was at something like http://www.soton.ac.uk/~saintsfc or something like that!

And yes (again), Saintslist is still going strong too - nowhere near as busy as it used to be (except on days like when Adkins got sacked!)

I was Norwaysaint on TUI for a couple of years before coming over to saintsforever in around 2000. I remember even when I first joined noticing people saying that it wasn't as good as it used to be and that the best posters had stopped posting, so nothing's changed there. I also remember Banter Central or whatever it was called being full of banal crappy threads, so that's the same too. Back then posting was dominated by a few people who posted all day on every thread, now we have the same in Delldays, Hypochondriac, Turkish and Tokyo. Nothing much ever changes.

I think the only noticeable things really did go downhill was just after the 5 pound thing came in and for a few weeks only a handful of people paid. That made for some pretty awful threads. The five pound thing was a great move. Three posts is just about right.

The 'Marching In' website was years ahead of its time as anything cyber related to Southampton went. I remember there being quite a few good ones but they rarely got updated.

Throbber's site was good too and he let himself go there whilst maintaining his respectable side on Saintslist.

Keith's S4E site was good too but he removed a lot of the Saints/Pompey stuff for some reason. I know it sort of glorified hooliganism but I felt that he diluted the juicy stuff until it got a bit sterile.

Think this happened just after some Saints lads got put away after a scuffle with some Charlton fans. IIRC they got caught after talking about the incident on the tinterweb.