Suarez biting

Turkish

If i were Liverpool, i'd cash in on him ASAP.

Don't even rate him that much. Decent player, but not this world-class megastar the media make out.

Decent player who is a loon, and could make you £30m+ in the transfer market. Go get your money Liverpool.

I wouldn't, but plenty of Saints fans would. What makes you think Liverpool supporters are any different than ours?

I agree, you only have to go back to Rodrigues diving, Dyer's thieving etc to see how we end up with selective morals (and most clubs fans are the same).

But back to Suarez, if Liverpool have any pride they should ban him internally before the FA get to him.

View from a Liverpool fan:

Well OTT this thread has become. Cut Luis a bit of slack for Goodness sake. Forgive him for his heat of the moment reaction. His first really mad moment since he's been at LFC

Yep, that was well heat of the moment. Ivanovich almost killed him, so he had to retaliate....sure. Ok.

I can think of many more mad moments, diving, being a racist ****, diving, diving, generally being unlikable. Other than that, his time at Liverpool has been pretty uneventful really. I used to Like Liverpool and their fans, but they are gradually becoming the most deluded and unlikable bunch around.

. I used to Like Liverpool and their fans, but they are gradually becoming the most deluded and unlikable bunch around.[/color][/size][/font]

I'm struggling to think of who might beat them hands down for this title :uhoh:

The most telling thing for me is that when Ivanovic pushed him in the face in retaliation, his first instinct was to put his hand up to appeal to the ref, then when he realised that his actions hadn't gone un-noticed he pretended to limp as if to con the ref into thinking he had been fouled.

I don't care how talented he is, the guy is an utter turd and deserves a lengthy ban. Undoubtedly the most dislikeable footballer to 'grace' the PL since El Hadj Diouf.

Whats worse.........?

1) biting someone

2) spitting in someone

Not sure what you mean by spitting 'in' someone? Their mouth, eye, other orifices?

Biting another human is just so primitive and dirty - literally and metaphorically - human bites are guaranteed to get infected if they penetrate, even dog bites aren't!

Barton still had to serve his ban before he could play at OM.

He claims he is staying there as well. So I don't really see the two as all that similar.

but as they started earlier he actually started playing again far earlier than he would have done at QPR. He was also allowed to play Europa League games. Now if Liverpool loaned Suarez out to say Sweden his ban would,in theory, be over before the English season started. I still think they'll sell him anyway, they'll get a fair price and that will be that.

Joke decision.

It's not the easiest thing or the easiest player to defend, but the ban is this length because of who he is, plain and simple. Defoe bites someone and gets a yellow card, Suarez gets 10 games. Now I'm sure the FA will point to the rule that because the ref saw it and acted they could not increase Defoe's punishment. However as Ben Thatcher found out, they can act if they consider the act extreme. Now the normal ban for violent conduct is 3 games, unless the conduct is considered extreme. It seems like Defoe's bite was not extreme enough to up grade the yellow, yet Suarez's was extreme enough for an extra 7 games. That's Defoe the England international as opposed to Suarez the smarmy foreigner.

The whole thing stinks.