Luke Shaw - hmmmmmmm

Stepgar

Is it just me or is Luke not as good as we all expect him to be?

Over the past few games I have not seen much in his game to suggest that "All that" His performances of late have been average at best.

Dont get me wrong I think he the best we have but I get the impression his head is being turned with all the talk of moving to Chelsea etc.

I have heard (read) a lot of people state that he has been poor in recent games. So just thought I would put it out there and see what other people think. No need to get aggressive and have a go.

Or is it just a form thing where again he has been in and out of the side recently due to having a cold or something else?

Over the past few games I have not seen much in his game to suggest that "All that" His performances of late have been average at best.

Dont get me wrong I think he the best we have but I get the impression his head is being turned with all the talk of moving to Chelsea etc.

I have heard (read) a lot of people state that he has been poor in recent games. So just thought I would put it out there and see what other people think. No need to get aggressive and have a go.

Or is it just a form thing where again he has been in and out of the side recently due to having a cold or something else?

Tempted to tell you to shut up even though you put this in :lol:

I find it amazing people can come out with that. He's 18 years old. 18! He isn't the finished article but has so much potential it is scary. Like any other player he will have spells of good and bad form but 99% of the time i watch him i'm amazed he's only 18. He plays with great maturity

You have to consider how young and relatively inexperienced he is. And also you have to consider that he has not had a settled midfield in front of him for some time now, which I imagine will be putting more pressure on him than he was used to earlier in the season.

He didn't have a bad game today overall, but it's fair to say his positioning lead directly to Everton's first goal.

Let me just predict that before I'm done typing this some wally jumps in and shouts "Hurr durr lets bring Fox back!" so i'll try and give a sensible answer:

He's been in and out of the side through injury so hasn't quite been at his brilliant best, but when you look at the way he takes players on and has completely owned some of the best right-wingers in the world you know the talent is there.

Actually I think the fact that a thread like this one has been started is testament to the high standard that we hold him to. 90% of the time you shrug your shoulders when an 18 year old makes a mistake and put it down to him being as young as he is, whilst being impressed by the sheer fact of them being as young as they are and yet being good enough to play first-team Premiership football!

Hopefully he steers clear of injuries for a good six months or so as yes, injuries in his developmental years might well damage his career and how good he might well become.

FFS Calm down people its just a question.

I am well aware that he is 18 - thanks for the reminder though.

So then if Shaw is allowed to have bad days why is JWP getting slaughtered also?

And in my opinion he hasnt shown the brilliance that everyone keeps telling me he is certainly in attack an average good player. Just hope he hasnt reached a level beyond his years and now peters out to become this average player that he seems to be AT THE MOMENT.

I wonder if people would be so defensive if he were bought from another club and not from the academy? And no I dont want Fox in the squad.

Geez apologies for having an opinion.

He's still the jewel we always thought he was but I think he needs to work harder at recognizing when an attack is starting to break down so that he can get back in time.

Since the Newcastle game he has been caught upfield a little too often for my liking, but a lot of this "reading the game" stuff will come with more experience.

He's only 18, he's just a kid, sounds like the XFactor. We've had plenty of decent 18 year, even 16 years old who put more into their game than Shaw and didn't have fans using their age for excuses. He's unfit and as soon as he's asked to do more training he falls sick. Spends too much time sat on his bum or lying in bed. Look at his bum as he runs, it wobbles. Not a sign of a player who's fully fit. :)

First time I've read of a Saints player having an off gay Nigel :)

Everton are strong down the flanks. By and large the team did a good job of limiting their opportunities to cross from the flanks. On two of the few occasions they did get down the wings they scored, one from the right and the second from the left. Baines is class and Coleman had a good game. How many times did Baines whip crosses in? Both our fullbacks did ok against them.

Very fair post I think and possibly about time someone asked the question. If he's good enough he's old enough...........which clearly he is but at the same time the criticism and questions asked are justified at the moment. I don't know the lad and don't pretend to but is it possible that his head has been turned and he believes he can walk on water? I hope he doesn't forget he needs and continues to need to work hard.

Sorry to disagree with you, Steppie me old mate but he has done well to step up to it this season. All players have a bad day at the office and he is still only 18. Give him time, he'll come good again.

He's only 18, he's just a kid, sounds like the XFactor. We've had plenty of decent 18 year, even 16 years old who put more into their game than Shaw and didn't have fans using their age for excuses. He's unfit and as soon as he's asked to do more training he falls sick. Spends too much time sat on his bum or lying in bed. Look at his bum as he runs, it wobbles. Not a sign of a player who's fully fit. :)

First time I've read of a Saints player having an off gay Nigel :)

Tell us more about your thoughts on his bum....

May be a stakeholder in the fault of seamus coleman's WONDERFUL goal. Can't jump on the lad's back for that. He is young as we all know which in the premier league (most physical league on the world) is demanding to say the least. Needs to be shielded which shows why the quite frankly average danny fox has played as much as he has. dont be suprised if he gets rested in the next few games especially Chelski

He's great but doesn't get goals or assists.

The goals will come, he does get assists and most importantly, without him in the side we look toothless offensively, so he must do something right. Quite simply he is outstanding.

The goals will come, he does get assists and most importantly, without him in the side we look toothless offensively, so he must do something right. Quite simply he is outstanding.

This. Surely people can see whether he has a good or average game as a side we are totally transformed

One of his issues today was no Morgan. He is more comfortable and composed when he knows he can bomb forward and Morgan is covering behind him, and I thought he was noticeably less willing to do that today. The breathing heavy thing though was a slight concern. Still, I don't know that Fox would have done any better today.