Burnley Build up

Batman

Would be good to have a cup run, in fact it's a good season to do so.

I'd hope Osvaldo gets a start, and can see Clyne and Chambers continuing @ full back.

This will not be your standard easy game, Burnley are an excellent side who will pose a real threat. So for that reason, I wouldn't have Jos anywhere near the side for starters.

Personally I won't understand it if we put out a seriously weakened side; this is our only chance to win anything this season and I hope we go for it. We're not going to get relegated, I'd say we're not going to qualify for Europe through a league placing, so we may as well go for it and try and win a cup IMO.

Personally I won't understand it if we put out a seriously weakened side; this is our only chance to win anything this season and I hope we go for it. We're not going to get relegated, I'd say we're not going to qualify for Europe through a league placing, so we may as well go for it and try and win a cup IMO.

We could get relegated and we need to get some points on the board to make sure we don't get drawn into the fight. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are not in as secure a position as the end of October and I can see us making heavy work to get over the 40 plus points tally. Mark my words !

We're in a great position to have a real good go at a trip to Wembley, and as the game is on a Saturday then absolutely no need to rest players.

A home draw against a team who will definitely have other things on their minds. Go for it Saints.

I will be p!ssed off if we put out the reserves again. Maybe rest 1 or 2 but no more.

Just look how shattered the players looked against Chelsea

Rightly or wrongly, I feel you are going to be pished right off. Against a probably heavily changed burnley side

Burnley have been saying all season long they have a small squad, yet some people seem to be making out we are the only team in this game that should not be bothered as we wont win the cup. Does that not suggest that Burnley may win it? They will put out a weaker team too, they have far more to lose than us from an unnecessary cup run. Put out a team with a few changes, give Adam, Morgan and Cork a break but win the game.

Lambert, Lallana, Rodriguez, Davis, Lovren, Fonte and Schneiderlin all need a rest.

Lallana I'll give you, but the others should be fine to go again. Morgan has missed a few games in the last few weeks due to injury and suspension, so should be fine and rested. Lovren too.

Lambert was only a sub today. There's no real need to make wholesale changes for this.

Lallana I'll give you, but the others should be fine to go again. Morgan has missed a few games in the last few weeks due to injury and suspension, so should be fine and rested. Lovren too.

Lambert was only a sub today. There's no real need to make wholesale changes for this.

Can see Lallana, shaw, cork, and 1 of the CB rested

Clyne, maya, fox, reed to play. gaston to play with lambert

My team

Davis

Clyne

Fonte or lovren

Maya

Fox

Morgan

Ramirez

Reed

Rodriguez

Jwp

Lambert

Gazza

Hooiveld

Chambers

Davis

Lallana

Cork

Gallagher

Edited by Batman

For me the FA Cup is definitely worth going all out for, although this has to be balanced against resting tired first teamers after busy schedules., and giving youngsters/others game time.

I would play the fringe players for this one. We won't win the cup and we need to concentrate on the league.

Why won't we ? Subject of course to reasonable draws.

Gazza: Clyne Yoshi Jos Fox: Cork Morgan: Jwp Ramirez Jrod Osvaldo

I'd keep those in bold as far from the first team as possible. It would not surprise me to see Gallagher start this though, possibly alongside Rodriguez.

As for Burnley, I suspect they'll play a weakened side.

For me the FA Cup is definitely worth going all out for, although this has to be balanced against resting tired first teamers after busy schedules., and giving youngsters/others game time.

Why won't we ? Subject of course to reasonable draws.

I'd keep those in bold as far from the first team as possible. It would not surprise me to see Gallagher start this though, possibly alongside Rodriguez.

As for Burnley, I suspect they'll play a weakened side.

Unfair on Yoshida

As much as the last 8 weeks have been horrible, we have learnt a lot about the team and Manager. I suspect Saturday provides a final chance to learn something more before we knuckle down for the rest of the season with a bit more hope given the fixtures.

Most of all we've learnt that as the team evolves (both through some players getting better and others being purchased) the delta between our first team and our backups grows. In a way it is good that this has happened as it shows improvement and progress. On the other Pochettino is learning that as much faith as he may have in his system, it only takes a couple of players to be missing from our team and we are weak enough that we don't get the results we otherwise could with a full squad to choose from.

As a consequence some players will need to be rested this Saturday and I don't blame the club for doing this whatsoever. It is also a chance for us to see the likes of Reed and Gallagher. Whilst the chances are that they will get better (you'd like to assume that given their age) we also need to see to what degree they could perform this season and adjust our expectations accordingly.

Without having the knowledge of who is injured or not I would like to see this team:

Davis

Chambers, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Targett

Reed, Cork

Rodriguez, Ramirez, JWP

Gallagher

For me it should be something like:

Davis

Chambers - Yoshi - Hooiveld - Fox

Cork - Reed

JWP - Gaston - Lee

Barnard

JRod and Lambert look knackered and I'm guessing Ossie will still be mysteriously absent so we are kind of snookered up front. Maybe give Gallagher a go.

For me it should be something like:

Davis

Chambers - Yoshi - Hooiveld - Fox

Cork - Reed

JWP - Gaston - Lee

Barnard

JRod and Lambert look knackered and I'm guessing Ossie will still be mysteriously absent so we are kind of snookered up front. Maybe give Gallagher a go.

Barnard? Are you still drunk from last night or something????

He may still be around, somewhere, but he'll never ever play for us again. That I can be sure of.

Barnard? Are you still drunk from last night or something????

He may still be around, somewhere, but he'll never ever play for us again. That I can be sure of.

You're probably right but I'm struggling to think of better options. I thought since he was here we might as well give him a game and Gallagher in the second half.

I know Barnard is a million miles away from the first team but I'm not aware that he has been banned from playing.

You're probably right but I'm struggling to think of better options. I thought since he was here we might as well give him a game and Gallagher in the second half.

I know Barnard is a million miles away from the first team but I'm not aware that he has been banned from playing.

Gallagher yes but Barnard, no, no, no.

If Barnard played he would also be cup-tied. I'm sure the club would be looking to get him a move away during this window.

I'd be highly shocked if he moved to a team still in the fa cup after this weekend

But I'd play the strongest side possible, as someone above said, we are not going down and were not gonna qualify for Europe via the league, an FA cup is achievable and our only chance of winning anything

I don't think he's being serious is he?

Lighthouse is being deadly serious.

Chief cheerleader of the "Saints cannot possibly compete in two whole competitions" refrain.

Might get relegated see, just like we did under Strachan when we got to the final, remember?