New CEO Thread

Saint Charlie

So, this now becomes the next huge decision.

Would imagine there will be no shortage of interest in this role, currently top half PL club role, should get some very good candidates.

For me, it would be ideal to get someone who has some knowledge of football administration, especially given that we are in a transfer window, and generally the need to connect and reassure some players.

I know Cortese didn't have football experience but he did have sporting knowledge through his previous Banking role. Besides, he had time to learn in a far less pressured environment.

I would imagine the selection will give some indiciation as to KL's future plans.

Hopefully an appointment that isn't too far away.

This will be quite a telling development, I think we'll then have a clear idea of their intentions and plans for this football club.

My general feeling is that whoever is brought in, will be brought in as an interim measure with a specialty in managing takeovers and mergers. I feel the prime objective of our owners is now to sell the club and make a very healthy profit.

If we had confirmation of that, we could all rest a little easier as we will know what the plans are.

I hope we have some sort of direction in the next couple of weeks...

So, this now becomes the next huge decision.

Would imagine there will be no shortage of interest in this role, currently top half PL club role, should get some very good candidates.

For me, it would be ideal to get someone who has some knowledge of football administration, especially given that we are in a transfer window, and generally the need to connect and reassure some players.

I know Cortese didn't have football experience but he did have sporting knowledge through his previous Banking role. Besides, he had time to learn in a far less pressured environment.

I would imagine the selection will give some indiciation as to KL's future plans.

Hopefully an appointment that isn't too far away.

NC was a top downhill skier I am told

Any idea why?

Wasn't he brought in to Liverpool to sell the club to their now current owners?? If so...hmmm....interesting...

was involved in reducing debt at Liverpool and got them an 80million sponsorship with standard charter bank on a 4 year deal. His main priority was to renegotiate the £350m loan the club had outstanding with RBS and to assume overall management of the club.

Educated at Cambridge and Harvard with an excellent business CV

Hes been heavily linked with Rangers in the past

The back of tomorrow's sun says purslow is favourite to be CEO

Probably the only name they could come up with.

@alex_crook: I spoke to Christian Purslow this morning and he did not rule himself out of replacing Cortese #saintsfc

oh, b0ll0cks, hope we're not going back to the days of "no one's ruled in, no one's ruled out..."

Reading this on a Liverpool blog about Purslow:

At present Christian Purslow finds himself high on the wanted list with many Liverpool fans but for all the wrong reasons. A man with excpetional business skills in his chosen financial sector, impeccable even but sorely lacking a background in football at any level, is seen to be the man calling all the shots on and off the pitch at Anfield these days by many a spectator. Opinion continues to develop that he was an appointment for and involving Liverpool’s biggest debtor RBS as a bargaining chip for more time to pay and internal clarity between the two organisations. This mixed with stories of upsetting LFC fan forums (his own revenue stream), removing Istanbul victory murals at Melwood and a stand off with former manager Rafa Benitez never lend themselves to painting a picture to the fan base that the club really is within his blood. - See more at: http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/tag/christian-purslow/#sthash.y5H2IjrF.dpuf

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/tag/christian-purslow/

of course he has now had some football experience, but....

I understand that Fred Goodwin is in the frame, and he is keen to be rehabilitated. Sees this as a safe route to redemption, while KL is an admirer of his accountancy background and inside knowledge and nous in the banking world, something she will need as the sale goes through.

I've been impressed by the work of mike Garlick at Burnley. Taken that club from a run of the mill midtable side to serious promotion contenders on a limited budget. Made some astute signings, got the best out of the likes of Danny Ings and Sam Vokes as well as excellent in selling players getting a good deal for Rodriguez and Austin. My burnley mate tells me their online ticketing system is excellent and their corporates areas second to none taking Into account the facilities on offer. He knows saints having solld players to us recently. He might be tempted to move to bigger club now with a bigger budget. As well as by CEO standards he's young and hungry so therefore guaranteed to improve. I reckon we should put a bid in of £5m for him to see if burnley will sell.

Edited by Turkish

I've been impressed by the work of mike Garlick at Burnley. Taken that club from a run of the mill midtable side to serious promotion contenders on a limited budget. Made some astute signings, got the best out of the likes of Danny Ings and Sam Vokes as well as excellent in selling players getting a good deal for Rodriguez and Austin. My burnley mate tells me their online ticketing system is excellent and their corporates areas second to none taking Into account the facilities on offer. He knows saints having solld players to us recently. He might be tempted to move to bigger club now with a bigger budget. As well as by CEO standards he's young and hungry so therefore guaranteed to improve. I reckon we should put a bid in of £5m for him to see if burnley will sell.

5m + Danny Fox.

But will he get fast pacey wingers to get the ball in the "mixer"?

And buy Lee Catermole?

As long as he is young and hungry.

He may even get the "Loyalty Points" scheme to work. :mcinnes:

Those corporate boxes will be jam packed with local businessmen taking advantage of the clubs excellent hospitality. Sherry and cigars at full time, 4-4-2, into the mixer, a big lump up front and Luke cattermole the midfield general. This is how football should be.

Those corporate boxes will be jam packed with local businessmen taking advantage of the clubs excellent hospitality. Sherry and cigars at full time, 4-4-2, into the mixer, a big lump up front and Luke cattermole the midfield general. This is how football should be.

Only port or brandy for our local 'big wigs' though surely ?

With a mudbath of a pitch down the middle, goalmouth to goalmouth.

No 'pseudo-pretend its a working mans game' with those dreadful 'fukka pukka pies' , its back to Wagon Wheels & Bovril, or' f^ck off go without' as the only option for us in the plebs stands.

And the team where red and white stripes. Not because Saints once wore them, but because its wot Barnstonthwaite Utd wore.

That's the CEO we want.

The back of tomorrow's sun says purslow is favourite to be CEO

yep that is the rumour doing the rounds....before the Sun printed this. IMHO the club is up for sale.......and NC is likley to head up one of the bidding entities. MoPo hanging around to see who the purchaser is.