Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

Pretty damning tweeting by LS. Can't see him coming back into the fold now that the rest of the camp (inc the management what with taking it upstairs so quickly) have laid their cards on the table. Team spirit always was very important and it's not worth having one bad apple upsetting everyone else.

A shame really.

somewhere in a hotel lobby a man opens a steel briefcase with 2 keys.

He smiles smugly to himself.

'Katerina let us see how you deal with part two of my plan'

He extends a well manicured finger and pushes a button within the case. An expensive watch slips down over his wrist.

Written in Latin under the button ....it rabidus Osvaldo

His smile widens at the sound of a thousand tweets being received around him, the rumble of a media explosion and the news that from the Dunes to the the Alpine peaks the airwaves resonate with ' I told you sos'

The waitress delivers his malt scotch and he inclines his head as he watches her walk away.

He is comfortable here in his anonymity

A voice calls from an almost forgotten car advert

' Papa ?'

'Merda'

A real sh!tty situation for the new chief exec to sort out. Do you get rid and write off millions or do you ride it out and hope they make up?

You have to go by others reactions. If the other members of the squad are shaken up enough by it to want him out then that is enough in my opinion to get rid of him. These are grown men and disagreements and confrontations happen all the time in football. But to see your team mate attack another team mate by headbutting him and punching him is out of order. These are a tight bunch of players so to see that happen would be shocking and would make you wonder when it can happen again. You just don't want that.

Big test for MP now. He chased him all summer and worked with him before so knew what he was getting. Does he try and persuade the players to give him another chase or spend the next 7 days trying to get shot of him? Either way it doesn't reflect well on him I'm afriad.

I told you this would happen......

This was never going to work.......

I'm always right but......

As I predicted......

I think I've sussed you Glasgow. Are you actually a woman? You certainly sound like one.

Hey, don't diss women... I'm reading this thread and thinking what a bunch of wimps Southampton folk have become!

If what TheVman has said is true (and we have no reason to doubt it) then it's a no brainer for me - get rid. No-one is to blame here but Osvaldo. What a mug.

Not sure how i'll react if he does play again. Won't feel right cheering him on.

I've heard this is true from another source, so I would say it 100% is.

Big test for MP now. He chased him all summer and worked with him before so knew what he was getting. Does he try and persuade the players to give him another chase or spend the next 7 days trying to get shot of him? Either way it doesn't reflect well on him I'm afriad.

When you read about his relationship with the players and the group mentality he instils, there is no way he can back a player isolated from the group. This may be wishful thinking, but I think if he is willing to cast aside Osvaldo for the greater good it may tighten his relationship with the group which could be of benefit in the summer when players (and his) futures will come up.

When you read about his relationship with the players and the group mentality he instils' date=' there is no way he can back a player isolated from the group. This may be wishful thinking, but I think if he is willing to cast aside Osvaldo for the greater good it may tighten his relationship with the group which could be of benefit in the summer when players (and his) futures will come up.[/quote']

Twenty years ago a highly talent players with a flawed, loose cannon personality was suspended by his club, people wanted him banned for life and never to play football in this country again. The fans of that club now view him as a hero and still sing his name. His name is Eric cantona. There is always a way back, it depends on if Dani wants it and MP does.

Twenty years ago a highly talent players with a flawed, loose cannon personality was suspended by his club, people wanted him banned for life and never to play football in this country again. The fans of that club now view him as a hero and still sing his name. His name is Eric cantona. There is always a way back, it depends on if Dani wants it and MP does.

A fair point but I think in that case seeing your player attack an abusive fan has a different impact on the group than seeing your player attack one of his own. Never say never as you say but I can't see it myself if it is true that the players want him gone (and there is no reason to disbelieve that based on the source).

A fair point but I think in that case seeing your player attack an abusive fan has a different impact on the group than seeing your player attack one of his own. Never say never as you say but I can't see it myself if it is true that the players want him gone (and there is no reason to disbelieve that based on the source).

It's true alright, but I wonder what MPs reaction on this is. Training ground bust ups are not uncommon, MP knew what he was getting when he signed him. Its a test for him for sure.

Pretty damning tweeting by LS. Can't see him coming back into the fold now that the rest of the camp (inc the management what with taking it upstairs so quickly) have laid their cards on the table. Team spirit always was very important and it's not worth having one bad apple upsetting everyone else.

A shame really.

Many on here questioned the signing, bloke did not want to come here from May onwards, it was inevitable that there would be some unrest eventually.

And you're right about it being a shame ; undoubted talent, but mentally skewed and the gamble that MP might get Osvaldo's head in gear simply has not worked.

I assume you're referring to his attack on the Palace fan? Not sure Ferguson would have been so keen to have Cantona back if he’d assaulted a team-mate – only Fergie himself was allowed to do that (allegedly).

The only way he can find a way back here is to make it up with Fonte. If that can't happen and the other players want him out, there is no way back whilst maintaining any team spirit.

Only Osvaldo can do anything, unless he sorts it himself there is only the highway.

He'll be really gutted if he had to leave. He's really bust a gut for us in the 5 minutes he's actually played.

Storm in a teacup. Imagine players fighting, they'd be rolling around on the floor clutching their faces in anguish, other players would come to intervene only to get slightly brushed by a flailing foot or arm and go down in a heap rolling around clutching the wrong leg.

Players with eccentric lifestyles and players that sulk from time to time can be managed. Players that are violent towards others are not manageable and we do not want at our club.

It was a poor signing and truth be told the bloke hasn't performed barring one wonder goal. Get rid asap. Would rather have had a Danny Ings/Rhodes signing.

Still can't get over what a pr!ck this guy is.

I assume you're referring to his attack on the Palace fan? Not sure Ferguson would have been so keen to have Cantona back if he’d assaulted a team-mate – only Fergie himself was allowed to do that (allegedly).

The best managers can harness difficult characters and get the best out of them MP hasn't done this despite his obvious talent. Training ground bust ups are common things, I remember Paul Rideout Chinning Neil Ruddock in a training game, it happens, its down to MP to sort it out or get rid.

Edited by Turkish

Starry, starry eyes....

Some of us have an inflated and complacent view of ourselves atmo I'm afraid.

Our current form guide is terrible, and worse than most clubs below us. Make no mistake, we may have a first team capable of beating the best when all are present, but we have been consistently failing to beat many below us in the table for ages.. I am not confident at present that we will easily get results against Stoke, Hull and West Ham, let alone Arsenal. Our priority must be to fight for another 14 points to secure safety, not dream of a mid-table fantasy which we are not at present deserving. Getting points will not be easy. The team are currently making too many sloppy mistakes in the latter stages of matches

I don't despair, we can regain something like our early form. But only if everyone in the club from the top to manager and every player - to us ordinary supporters realise we have to graft for every point from now on. Or else....

Get real, everyone.

Great post. I have been saying as much for weeks now. We are sleepwalking to relegation.

To a point it is down to Osvaldo. If he mans up, apologises to Fonte and shows contrition I am sure the boys will give him a chance.

if he acts like a sulky ****** he'll be off quick smart.

No, no, no. The guy has had enough chances! Once a dog bites put him down!!

1) Fonte

2) Erik Lamela

3) He refused to join the team to receive their runners-up medals and was branded arrogant by caretaker boss Aurelio Andreazzoli

4) punch-ups with team-mates at his previous two clubs

5) Nicola Mingazzini at Bologna

6) banned after Newcastle game

7) Fans "forcing" poor Pablo Daniel Osvaldo out of Roma

Etc etc

The best managers can harness difficult characters and get the best out of them MP hasn't done this despite his obvious talent. Training ground bust ups are common things, I remember Paul Rideout Chinning Neil Ruddock in a training game, it happens, its down to MP to sort it out or get rid.

I know they happen, Turks. I remember Hurlock and Speedie having a punch up on a pre-season tour in the Channel Islands. Can’t remember the outcome exactly, but I don’t think it was long before Speedie was on his way. But the present Saints squad seem a close knit bunch, and it appears they’re all solidly behind Fonte, so I can only see one outcome here: Osvaldo will be shown the door.

Great post. I have been saying as much for weeks now. We are sleepwalking to relegation.

Relegation? We have 31 points for goodness sake. We quite clearly are not going down. Change the record. Also, why will we need 14 more points? We wouldn't need 45 points to stay up anyway!!

Relegation? We have 31 points for goodness sake. We quite clearly are not going down. Change the record. Also, why will we need 14 more points? We wouldn't need 45 points to stay up anyway!!

You carry on drinking your port old chap, the Titanic is unsinkable.

Starry, starry eyes....

Some of us have an inflated and complacent view of ourselves atmo I'm afraid.

Our current form guide is terrible, and worse than most clubs below us. Make no mistake, we may have a first team capable of beating the best when all are present, but we have been consistently failing to beat many below us in the table for ages.. I am not confident at present that we will easily get results against Stoke, Hull and West Ham, let alone Arsenal. Our priority must be to fight for another 14 points to secure safety, not dream of a mid-table fantasy which we are not at present deserving. Getting points will not be easy. The team are currently making too many sloppy mistakes in the latter stages of matches

I don't despair, we can regain something like our early form. But only if everyone in the club from the top to manager and every player - to us ordinary supporters realise we have to graft for every point from now on. Or else....

Get real, everyone.

1th in the current form guide. Not brilliant, not awful. Average.

Last 6 games against sides currently below us in the league....

Stoke...........D

Hull .............W

Villa...............L

Cardiff ..........W

WBA.............W

Sunderland....D

Guy needs to wake up and smell the coffee...he doesn't deserve to be dining at the top table of football in England or anywhere else. Loan him out of here real quick and get a decent replacement in pronto. I didn't want to say anything, but I never trusted his beard anyway. There...said it now.

No, no, no. The guy has had enough chances! Once a dog bites put him down!!

1) Fonte

2) Erik Lamela

3) He refused to join the team to receive their runners-up medals and was branded arrogant by caretaker boss Aurelio Andreazzoli

4) punch-ups with team-mates at his previous two clubs

5) Nicola Mingazzini at Bologna

6) banned after Newcastle game

7) Fans "forcing" poor Pablo Daniel Osvaldo out of Roma

Etc etc

You are advocating capital punishment for Suarez?