Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

The rest of the players have told MP they don't want him back,pretty much means bye bye Ossie

What a fin idiot. Poch must feel so let down, he and cortese took a gamble with this signing.... Looks like it has backfired spectacularly.

oh well at least he did it in a transfer window, probably only be able to get a loan mind....

The rest of the players have told MP they don't want him back,pretty much means bye bye Ossie

Is it just this incident? Or have been relations distant/strained before it? Not the first time this has happened at a club and the rest of the players decided to live and let live.

Edited by shurlock

This would have happened whether NC had resigned or not. The difference probably would have been that NC would have kept it quiet. KL changes the culture for a more open communication with fans and we still complain. At least we seem to better know what is going on. Sh** like this happens. Let's just deal with it.

i reckon him and his agent conspired the Fonte fight and the previous one too at Newcastle to get a move in the January transfer window, he is clearly not fitting in here and wants a move back to Italy with the other cheatin Ities to perfect their cheating ways for the world cup

If the other players want him gone, then I accept that we should move him along.

I still think he is a class player, having seen him play in Europe and at international level prior to joining Saints.

However, incidents like this are pretty hard to accept and if he is damaging team morale we must act in our interests.

The Collective > The Individual

Sell him and get Danny Ings (in the summer)

need a lot better than that I'm afraid. If Ings was that good clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him, he isn't and they aren't. The gulf between PL striking ability and NPC striking ability is huge. Remember Billy Sharp, Tadanari Lee and a host of other failures. To score goals in the PL you have to be good, very good because the defences and keepers are so much better than those in the NPC.

need a lot better than that I'm afraid. If Ings was that good clubs would be falling over themselves to sign him, he isn't and they aren't. The gulf between PL striking ability and NPC striking ability is huge. Remember Billy Sharp, Tadanari Lee and a host of other failures. To score goals in the PL you have to be good, very good because the defences and keepers are so much better than those in the NPC.

clubs will be falling over themselves to sign him

and a lot better than what? we wont be buying £20m strikers now, I dont think

Id take Bony once Swansea implode

We won't, we're definitely coming 9th no matter what!

Starry, starry eyes....

Some of us have an inflated and complacent view of ourselves atmo I'm afraid.

Our current form guide is terrible, and worse than most clubs below us. Make no mistake, we may have a first team capable of beating the best when all are present, but we have been consistently failing to beat many below us in the table for ages.. I am not confident at present that we will easily get results against Stoke, Hull and West Ham, let alone Arsenal. Our priority must be to fight for another 14 points to secure safety, not dream of a mid-table fantasy which we are not at present deserving. Getting points will not be easy. The team are currently making too many sloppy mistakes in the latter stages of matches

I don't despair, we can regain something like our early form. But only if everyone in the club from the top to manager and every player - to us ordinary supporters realise we have to graft for every point from now on. Or else....

Get real, everyone.

Starry, starry eyes....

Our current form guide is terrible, and worse than most clubs below us. Make no mistake, we may have a first team capable of beating the best when all are present, but we have been consistently failing to beat many below us in the table for ages.. I am not confident at present that we will easily get results against Stoke, Hull and West Ham, let alone Arsenal. Our priority must be to fight for another 14 points to secure safety, not dream of a mid-table fantasy which we are not at present deserving. Getting points will not be easy. The team are currently making too many sloppy mistakes in the latter stages of matches

I don't despair, we can regain something like our early form. But only if everyone in the club from the top to manager and every player - to us ordinary supporters realise we have to graft for every point from now on. Or else....

Get real, everyone.

Utter guff. 9th it is.

Starry, starry eyes....

Get real, everyone.

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/teams/?team_id=18&area=results suggests otherwise. i would say 7 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats against teams below is pretty decent!

Still if we can arrange a loan deal for him it allows us to ship out a player when we said we weren't going to do that, if you presume that Maurico wanted to retain Osvaldo that is which I'd presume he did up until yesterday. Rounds off the edges on an eventual deal that might be seen to go against what was said. Still I doubt that it's been engineered that way on purpose, we could have easily invented ways less painful to José than that.

Would assume from this that this incident is not a one-off and that he's been alienating himself prior to today.

Well I don't know how some of the lads might react to a bloke getting suspended for 3 games when we kind of needed him, then there are the injuries and the fact that he just didn't own up and get suspended when he was injured, not that that may have been his decision. He's highly paid and not pulling his weight in what seems to be a tight knit all for one and one for all group.

Pablo Osvaldo made the news, not for scoring against Udinese last Friday, but instead for punching his team-mate Erik Lamela in the face after the Giallorossi's 2-0 setback at the Stadio Friuli.

The 25-year-old is no stranger to committing such pugilistic acts as he previously floored colleague Nicola Mingazzini in pre-season training when he played for Bologna in 2009.

Osvaldo has received the maximum fine allowable by the Lega Calcio and will not travel with the team to Florence for the encounter against the Viola at the weekend.

So, this is the third so-called incident of his career. Horrible piece of work.

Always surprises me that there seems to be so much schadenfreude associated with bad news over some players... Odd considering they our ours' date=' even if what he has done is so plainly wrong, not quite sure some of you should be enjoying it so much... Can only assume it's because he was a Cortese signing and it's another convenient stick to begat him with... Just wondering whether all this pious ****** on here would be any different had he scored 13 goals in his 13 starts....[/quote']

If Osvaldo had scored 13 goals in 13 starts, I think people would be even more hacked off that he’s got himself suspended at such a crucial time of the season (again).

Also, as far as I’m aware, no one knows for sure who actually did sign him. But regardless of who did, and regardless of how many goals he has or has not scored, when a player violently attacks a team-mate (again), getting himself suspended (again), jeopardising team spirit, and potentially rendering that team-mate unavailable for selection, badly injured or even dead, then fans will justifiably rip into him. For the overwhelming majority, Cortese-related Schadenfreude will have nothing to do with it.

If Osvaldo had scored 13 goals in 13 starts, I think people would be even more hacked off that he’s got himself suspended at such a crucial time of the season (again).

Also, as far as I’m aware, no one knows for sure who actually did sign him. But regardless of who did, and regardless of how many goals he has or has not scored, when a player violently attacks a team-mate (again), getting himself suspended (again), jeopardising team spirit, and potentially rendering that team-mate unavailable for selection, badly injured or even dead, then fans will justifiably rip into him. For the overwhelming majority, Cortese-related Schadenfreude will have nothing to do with it.

And therein lies the root of the matter here. I think we all (?) wanted him to be the success that an Italian International should be at Saints and we've seen some glimpses - but the lack of goals, lack of creativity and general "randomness" haven't done him any favours.

Honestly, I am a bit gutted it's not working out and now appears irreparable, but hopefully he can still give us an income and there must be someone out there we could buy.

I'd love Berahino at Saints, or Zaha - they wouldn't cost more, surely?

The only way he can find a way back here is to make it up with Fonte. If that can't happen and the other players want him out, there is no way back whilst maintaining any team spirit.

Only Osvaldo can do anything, unless he sorts it himself there is only the highway.

The only way he can find a way back here is to make it up with Fonte. If that can't happen and the other players want him out, there is no way back whilst maintaining any team spirit.

Only Osvaldo can do anything, unless he sorts it himself there is only the highway.

Agreed. He doesn't sound the type to eat humble pie though, especially in order to stay somewhere he apparantly never particularly wanted to be in the first place.