Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

sorry to say it but over several decades many of our " big money " signings have just been " big trouble ".

I don't know whose decision it was to sign Gaston Ramirez (?)....perhaps not Adkins', but unfortunately I have to say .. I'm less than impressed.

Now we have Dani Osvaldo - another player with an " attitude " . MP seemed to think that he could handle this fiery maverick, and he must be glad that Cortese isn't around to rap him on the wrists, after this latest " incident" . YES.... I know he has skill, and I'd vote his goal v. Man.City for Goal of the Season...but if only he could score in games - in between his suspensions.

He hasn't played for 6 matches (illness/suspensions) and is now likely to miss another ...three? He has become an expensive and troublesome luxury, and our adoring fans aren't likely to give him much rope when he does eventually return. It seems we have spawned our own Luis Svarez - but without all the same goal tally.

IMHO - we should cut our losses on these two senores and ship them back to Italy ASAP. I'm sure there's some foreign wonder-boy out there who can improve our squad, but it 'aint them!

Edited by david in sweden

Times reporting Osvaldo headbutted Fonte after a dodgy challenge, Pochettino and staff say it and contacted the directors straight away....(whoever they are?)

I can confirm this just got off the phone to my contact at the club (don't ask who) Osvaldo was upset at a challenge by Fonte and got up and headbutted him.

Never really liked the way we had to fight tooth and nail to get him here, you always (well, I do) get the feeling it isn't really right for either party from the start if it's just 100% for the readies. I said after the Newcastle incident that it was actually nice to have a bit of eccentricity now and again, but you have to combine it with brilliance otherwise you just look like a moron. Doesn't look like the 'peace and quiet' here is going to reduce these outbursts to a manageable level so barring a 'moment of clarity' from him I guess that's that.

What a nutter.

Indeed but does a player who's been out injured (or so they tell us) need to be taking overly muscled challenges from team-mates really, jeez we've enough trouble finding a decent side to put out against the Arse as it is without our own players contributing. Train hard OK but there have to be limits. There must have been some pre-existent animosity between the two of them surely.

brave, strong, and by the sound of it, correct decision from the club.

It's easy to tell-off your own players but still play them - but this sends out a message.

He's lucky that there has been a change, Cortese would have popped him right there and got Boruc to bury him later.

I'd rather the club punished players and had some integrity and standards, unlike clubs that are happy to sign convicted rapists and criminals, or who overlook misbehaviour from their best players for commercial reasons.

The only surprise is that we are nearly in February and Osvaldo still hasn't got a red card yet.

I wouldn't write his Saints career off - but the ball is definitely in his court, he owes us, and his next ninety minutes in a Saints shirt could well decide his future.

Indeed but does a player who's been out injured (or so they tell us) need to be taking overly muscled challenges from team-mates really, jeez we've enough trouble finding a decent side to put out against the Arse as it is without our own players contributing. Train hard OK but there have to be limits. There must have been some pre-existent animosity between the two of them surely.

Ba90OG1CQAIOxZ0.jpg:large

brave, strong, and by the sound of it, correct decision from the club.

It's easy to tell-off your own players but still play them - but this sends out a message.

He's lucky that there has been a change, Cortese would have popped him right there and got Boruc to bury him later.

I'd rather the club punished players and had some integrity and standards, unlike clubs that are happy to sign convicted rapists and criminals, or who overlook misbehaviour from their best players for commercial reasons.

The only surprise is that we are nearly in February and Osvaldo still hasn't got a red card yet.

I wouldn't write his Saints career off - but the ball is definitely in his court, he owes us, and his next ninety minutes in a Saints shirt could well decide his future.

No red card but a 5 game in total ban! Only appeared 13 times for us, ridiculous really.

Trouble has a way of finding him...

1) Osvaldo suspended not Fonte

2) Erik Lamela

3) He refused to join the team to receive their runners-up medals and was branded arrogant by caretaker boss Aurelio Andreazzoli

4) punch-ups with team-mates at his previous two clubs

5) Nicola Mingazzini at Bologna

6) banned after Newcastle game

7) Fans "forcing" poor Pablo Daniel Osvaldo out of Roma

I agree completely. There is no sense in making a challenge that causes a reaction that way in training. It was only Saturday that most of us were complaining about a challenge injuring one of our players in a match. Seems to me that people are very quick to make someone into a villian before hearing both sides. Heaven forbid it goes against any preconceived opinions. I just think many of the users on this forum need a scapegoat. Unfortunately for DO it seems to be his turn.

That said, I am in no way condoning the reaction or retaliation. Just trying to add a little perspective

My first reaction to the news was..'Typical of Osvaldo. Waste of money. Get rid asap, especially after his spat at Newcastle'...

I then remembered that when I was playing football at a reasonable level many years ago, there were regular flare ups in training for any number of reasons.

However in those days such incidents never made the press and also fans were more tolerant as most players weren't on massive wages and didn't cost a fortune in transfer fees.

Todays players do have a greater responsibility towards their club and supporters and, all things considered, if we can cut our losses with Osvaldo and try again for a decent replacement, that should be the objective.

I am glad though that we have a few points in the bag.

It would not have been good to suffer injuries + Osvaldo problems if we were at the wrong end of the table

I agree completely. There is no sense in making a challenge that causes a reaction that way in training. It was only Saturday that most of us were complaining about a challenge injuring one of our players in a match. Seems to me that people are very quick to make someone into a villian before hearing both sides. Heaven forbid it goes against any preconceived opinions. I just think many of the users on this forum need a scapegoat. Unfortunately for DO it seems to be his turn.

That said, I am in no way condoning the reaction or retaliation. Just trying to add a little perspective

Are you referring to MP and his coaching staff in your post?

The Club wouldn't have taken the decision to suspend him based merely on this incident. Leaving the Newcastle incident aside, there will have been other reasons to take such harsh action. If it was Pochettino who called the executive( for sure Reed) he must have deemed it serious.

For the good of the club, the entire squad, the Academy, he has to be shipped out asap. A loan seems the best option as recommended in another post, with a hope he performs well in the World Cup, so we can recuperate what we paid for him.

Are you referring to MP and his coaching staff in your post?

Well I wouldn't presume to answer for him but we do seem to have a few quite serious training ground injuries over the years although I suppose that must be quite common in professional football. It's not just the MP era either, don't think he was even here when Guly clobbered Gaston last season and put him out for a couple of months with some sort of aggravated dead-leg.

sorry to say it but over several decades many of our " big money " signings have just been " big trouble ".

I don't know whose decision it was to sign Gaston Ramirez (?)....perhaps not Adkins', but unfortunately I have to say .. I'm less than impressed.

Now we have Dani Osvaldo - another player with an " attitude " . MP seemed to think that he could handle this fiery maverick, and he must be glad that Cortese isn't around to rap him on the wrists, after this latest " incident" . YES.... I know he has skill, and I'd vote his goal v. Man.City for Goal of the Season...but if only he could score in games - in between his suspensions.

He hasn't played for 6 matches (illness/suspensions) and is now likely to miss another ...three? He has become an expensive and troublesome luxury, and our adoring fans aren't likely to give him much rope when he does eventually return. It seems we have spawned our own Luis Svarez - but without all the same goal tally.

IMHO - we should cut our losses on these two senores and ship them back to Italy ASAP. I'm sure there's some foreign wonder-boy out there who can improve our squad, but it 'aint them!

I agree about Osvaldo - get rid of him, but Ramirez ? I don't get the criticisms, comes on and changes games, hardly gets a start. It's like every one expects him to play like Messi or something. Sure he gives the ball away sometimes - he's trying to create and take people on. Would you rather he was another water carrier ??

The hits keep on coming, I wonder if the Cortese lovers and advocates of his transfer (note his) policies will have the balls to say he knew nothing of the game, hold on who is at the helm now? A Ice hockey player and an accountant and someone who reluctantly has to be there.

Positive?

As you consider everything about the Club to be so dire dune maybe you could find someone else to 'support' and bore their forum to death too.

My first reaction to the news was..'Typical of Osvaldo. Waste of money. Get rid asap, especially after his spat at Newcastle'...

I then remembered that when I was playing football at a reasonable level many years ago, there were regular flare ups in training for any number of reasons.

However in those days such incidents never made the press and also fans were more tolerant as most players weren't on massive wages and didn't cost a fortune in transfer fees.

Todays players do have a greater responsibility towards their club and supporters and, all things considered, if we can cut our losses with Osvaldo and try again for a decent replacement, that should be the objective.

I am glad though that we have a few points in the bag.

It would not have been good to suffer injuries + Osvaldo problems if we were at the wrong end of the table

"flare-ups" are permissible but head butts followed by a right hook is a bit excessive surely?

Now we have Dani Osvaldo - another player with an " attitude " .

Luis Suarez, Liverpool first season 2010-11 13 games, 4 goals

Dani Osvaldo, Southampton first season 2013-14 12 games, 3 goals

If Dani can go on to score 75% of the number of goas Suarez has in the next 3 seasons I will be well chuffed. I think that would be 51 goals approx.

By the way "our adoring fans" will likely cheer loudly when he makes his next appearance as they do for Gaston. Its only some on here who think that some players will not be supported by the supporters at the matches, most of whom don't give a feck about what goes on off the pitch.

Luis Suarez, Liverpool first season 2010-11 13 games, 4 goals

Dani Osvaldo, Southampton first season 2013-14 12 games, 3 goals

If Dani can go on to score 75% of the number of goas Suarez has in the next 3 seasons I will be well chuffed. I think that would be 51 goals approx.

By the way "our adoring fans" will likely cheer loudly when he makes his next appearance as they do for Gaston. Its only some on here who think that some players will not be supported by the supporters at the matches, most of whom don't give a feck about what goes on off the pitch.

The first point is Luis Suarez is a far far far better player than Osvaldo and the 2nd is Osvaldo has played 13 times for Southampton.

Always surprises me that there seems to be so much schadenfreude associated with bad news over some players... Odd considering they our ours, even if what he has done is so plainly wrong, not quite sure some of you should be enjoying it so much... Can only assume it's because he was a Cortese signing and it's another convenient stick to begat him with... Just wondering whether all this pious ****** on here would be any different had he scored 13 goals in his 13 starts....

Osvaldo is currently a liability.

Quite clearly a liability.

BUT... if MP can harness his potential after this he could be a great. Lets get behind him - as soon as Fonte openly does.

You speak like Pochettino is harnessing a super weapon. he has acted like a weapon off the pitch and on it he fires blanks.

Always surprises me that there seems to be so much schadenfreude associated with bad news over some players... Odd considering they our ours' date=' even if what he has done is so plainly wrong, not quite sure some of you should be enjoying it so much... Can only assume it's because he was a Cortese signing and it's another convenient stick to begat him with... Just wondering whether all this pious ****** on here would be any different had he scored 13 goals in his 13 starts....[/quote']

It is a results business, I lead you towards Suarez, awful man but currently the best player in the World.

Just wondering whether all this pious ****** on here would be any different had he scored 13 goals in his 13 starts....

Of course it would be different. Oddly enough spending £13m and getting a goal a game striker is different to spending £13m and getting somebody who scores three, gets banned for assaulting a trainer and then smacks up a teamate.

We'll probably end up either paying him to do nothing or subsidising his salary at some second rate Italian club then, good stand by the players though.

He'll probably go on loan to Argentina until we can sort out a perm move for him - he's mad about Boca Juniors going by his Twitter page.