Osvaldo to Juventus (Confirmed)

Saint Garrett

Osvaldo, What will happen?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Osvaldo, What will happen?

I have been saying as much for weeks now. We are sleepwalking to relegation.

I hope for your own sake this is a pathetic windup because if you genuinely believe we will be relegated or require 45 points like eelpie said then you need help.

The bottom three teams after 22 games have 18 points each, yet you think in the remaining 16 games they (and all the other teams below us) will get upto 44 points?

Early 30's will be be enough to stay up this year, and with 16 games to go we already have 31 points. I'm confident we will finish 9th at worst and 8th at best, 9th looking the more likely.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I think most of us would like to offload Osvaldo now he is clearly not committed to the club. I love how the Mirror have to make it worse than it is by $hit stirring with this comment "Young left-back Luke Shaw has told team-mates he could yet go, with Chelsea waiting in the wings."

Almost like they are willing our clubs demise.

Backed him since day 1. He can f*ck off. Would take 7 million

Yep.

Think he is a quality, quality player. And really could have done something for us. Was so excited when he signed.

Was a little concerned that he hadn't fitted in as quickly as he should......you expect a fully grown, experienced guy to adapt to the PL quicker. Up to now I haven't minded his temperament/aggression: can't hurt to ave a 'handy lad' on the pitch.

But now....no. Time to cut loose. Swap deal or loan with a sell after the World Cup.

Wonder how long he'll remain our record signing?

Jose stepped down a league to sign for us, was clearly a class above the standard we were at and has been with us all the way on this great journey. Never once has the bloke ever acted big time and has been professional and classy every step of the way. For some big time Charlie to come along and do that to him, makes my blood boil. I just wish that KL had the money and the will to tell him to **** off, sack him and sue him for the transfer money like Chelsea did to mutu.

It'll be a sad day if that twt wears a saints shirt again.

It'll be a sad day if that twt wears a saints shirt again.

Reports are that he has been transfer listed (all damn quick if you ask me) so would be surprised if we see him again. After the goal vs ManC, I got a little bit excited for a few minutes.

Great post. I have been saying as much for weeks now. We are sleepwalking to relegation.

Put your money where your mouth is.

£10 from me for each team below us that finishes above us at the end of the season.

£10 from you for each team that doesn't.

(This is a great one to bring up each time that Dalek pops up on a thread - he of course never responds to the challenge and disappears. Pretty much confirmed WUM rather than genuine pessimist)

To a point it is down to Osvaldo. If he mans up, apologises to Fonte and shows contrition I am sure the boys will give him a chance.

if he acts like a sulky ****** he'll be off quick smart.

this. I'm not supporting him or saying his actions were right in any way. but some people have very little self control and this may have been a heat of the moment thing. like many have said he has been missing games and his time here has been stop start without being able to get a run of games therefore he was particularly sensitive to any rough challenges that may injure him when he's so close to getting a start again. it really is up to him if he can see the wrong in what he did, apologize to fonte and the rest of the team.

What an absolute moron.

Yes, training ground bust ups happen, but a headbutt followed by punches is way over the top, what the **** was he thinking? There's something seriously wrong with the guy.

After reading comments from THEVMAN and Simon Peach's tweets, I don't see how he can possibly play for us again. I certainly wouldn't want him to. Someone mentioned that it might be an event that brings the rest of the team closer - maybe. I get the feeling they're a fairly tightly knit group anyway, but it was nice to see Shaw's tweets. It'll be interesting to see what the club do with regards to this before the end of the window.

Oh, and we're not sleepwalking to relegation. Buy a ****ing SAD light or something, Jesus.

Very much a minority opinion on here I suspect, but if you watch Osvaldo closely the astute fan can begin to see he's probably the most naturally talented striker we have at this club. On the ball he's a class act, even if he's not proved that yet with a decent goal return for this club. I think given sufficient time to adapt to the demands of the English game, given a bit more luck re injury's, above all given some degree of emotional self control this player could be as big a success here one day as he was abroad. But I see rather a lot of 'maybes' in there frankly.

Looking back we were warned before he came that this player is trouble and those warnings have proved to be all too insightful I'm afraid. I personally wouldn't go so far as to say there's no way back for Dani Osvaldo from this situation - John Hartson actually kicked a teammate in the head remember - but the temptation to just cut our losses and ship him out ASAP must be a strong one.

Osvaldo and Ramirez - easily the two most expensive signings in this clubs long history and the pair of them major disappointments if truth be told. With money likely to become not quite so freely available in the future, surely we just can't afford to repeat mistakes like this again.

We should get rid of him as soon as possible. Whereas it is possible that he could yet come good as a striker if given the opportunity, there remains the likelihood also that the next incident like this will result in him losing it on the pitch and being banned for several matches at a crucial point in the season. And that is without factoring in the affect that this incident will have had on team morale. Up to now, the impression is that the team are a tight knit bunch who get on well together and play for each other. Oswaldo could upset that and it isn't worth risking. If he was a brilliant striker knocking in the goals for us, then he could be accorded some lattitude. But so far he isn't. He is obviously a good player, but not for us.

Well. It looks like the club want to ship Dani out as fast as they can. Which I guess means re-opening those bids from Inter for a loan deal and adding with the option to buy at the end of the season.

THEN we will see the future commitment of the new Leadership team. One goes out then one SHOULD come in. Anything less will mean

EITHER

1) Sam Gallagher is ready for 1st team football / Guly really is the answer

OR

2) Saint Richmond is right

Well. It looks like the club want to ship Dani out as fast as they can. Which I guess means re-opening those bids from Inter for a loan deal and adding with the option to buy at the end of the season.

THEN we will see the future commitment of the new Leadership team. One goes out then one SHOULD come in. Anything less will mean

EITHER

OR

You talking about one coming in now or in January?

EITHER

OR

I'm IMHO not talking :)

IF we ship Dani out before the end of the window THEN "Statement of Intent" wise we SHOULD bring in a replacement in the same window.

OR the "Statement of INtent will be that Gallagher/Guly are better (in emergency/injury to JRod/SRL) better than anything we could bring in now.

Personally? I don't think our lads are the answer (yet)

To be honest, not sure I should get involved in this thread with the amount of emotional output that had been produced by other posters, but I might as well...

Everyone knew Osvaldo had some incidents of misconduct before he came to the club, but he has also repeatedly stated that he has enjoyed his best football under Pochettino. I think it was a bet on the part of Cortese and MoPo - buy a quality striker under the going rate, because of his history of creating trouble on and off the field and hope that you can control his dark side thanks to the positive relationship you have with him.

Like every bet, there is a risk it might backfire and right now it seems it did. But I wouldn't jump to hard conclusions so fast. It is beyond me how you can make a final conclusion on a player who hasn't even played one full season at a club. The two incidents of misconduct (Newcastle and the one with Fonte) are worrying, but I think there is way back from the current situation.

I hope Osvaldo gets back on track and stays at the club.

Yep.

Think he is a quality, quality player. And really could have done something for us. Was so excited when he signed.

Was a little concerned that he hadn't fitted in as quickly as he should......you expect a fully grown, experienced guy to adapt to the PL quicker. Up to now I haven't minded his temperament/aggression: can't hurt to ave a 'handy lad' on the pitch.

But now....no. Time to cut loose. Swap deal or loan with a sell after the World Cup.

Wonder how long he'll remain our record signing?

This basically

To be honest, not sure I should get involved in this thread with the amount of emotional output that had been produced by other posters, but I might as well...

Everyone knew Osvaldo had some incidents of misconduct before he came to the club, but he has also repeatedly stated that he has enjoyed his best football under Pochettino. I think it was a bet on the part of Cortese and MoPo - buy a quality striker under the going rate, because of his history of creating trouble on and off the field and hope that you can control his dark side thanks to the positive relationship you have with him.

Like every bet, there is a risk it might backfire and right now it seems it did. But I wouldn't jump to hard conclusions so fast. It is beyond me how you can make a final conclusion on a player who hasn't even played one full season at a club. The two incidents of misconduct (Newcastle and the one with Fonte) are worrying, but I think there is way back from the current situation.

I hope Osvaldo gets back on track and stays at the club.

Unfortunately, I reckon his conduct has been influenced by his desire to leave. I don't buy all the 'injuries' he's had either. He isn't committed, and as talented as he is I hope we replace him.

As some have said these things happen on training grounds . Dani has been very stupid . What we don't know is what had been said pirior to the build up of incident .

I seem to recollect the MP said a player was having personal problems .

I do wonder if he was referring to DO

I would like to see the saints keep him and try and get him back on track . Somehow I feel what ever has happened this is unlikely and given the likes of nav man comments his position is now untenable .

I'm not going to get in to the majority of this debate re DO. I have left that to the usual experts on this forum .

Whatever happens I sincerely hope the team can move on and get the team spirit back together as soon as possible oh and a replacement for DO if he does leave

I'm IMHO not talking :)

IF we ship Dani out before the end of the window THEN "Statement of Intent" wise we SHOULD bring in a replacement in the same window.

OR the "Statement of INtent will be that Gallagher/Guly are better (in emergency/injury to JRod/SRL) better than anything we could bring in now.

Personally? I don't think our lads are the answer (yet)

Fair enough. But who can we get in as a "statement of intent" that will add to our squad without breaking the bank? Can't think of too many players that would fit such requirements.

Personally we knew what we were buying, so if he's contrite I'd much prefer to try to reintegrate him into the squad rather than take a huge loss selling/loaning him out and weakening our squad.

I think that's down to the squad itself. If reports are correct and they want him out I think there will always be a seething undercurrent if there is an attempt to rehabilitate.