• Davis, S
    • Lallana
    • Rodriguez
    • Lambert
    • Cork
    • Clyne
    • Gallagher

BfZx69jCUAAj3g-.png:large

Goals from Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Jay Rodriguez hand Saints a win.

Lallana scores his 8th of the season, as captain, on his 250th appearance for Saints, with Roy Hodgson watching.

Newcastle drop points ahead of us, whilst those just behind us -Villa and Hull, both failed to win in their games.

Still 9th, but just two points behind Newcastle now.

Cracking day for Saints.

Thoughts?

I wasn't looking carefully as I had to do some work, so can't really speak about the overall performance, but I loved the goals, especially Lallana's one. AMAZING pass by SRL and even greater play and finish by Adam! J-Rod also has to be committed on how he controlled the ball, dribbled and finished it - all top class skills!

thought the first half was awful.

slow on the ball, little movement and wanyama seemed to be very rusty (as expected)

boruc was very good for us

2nd half

WOW

tore them a new one.

lallana probed throughout

lambert came alive in the 2nd half with some lovely passes

morgan looked so much better with cork

Clyne and Shaw both very good

all the goals were great

jrod was a beauty but lambert's was my favourite, such a great team goal

no one played poor in the 2nd half.

will add, if lallana cannot get into the england squad...no, the team again, with woy watching. he is unplayable

amazing player

Fulham 0 England 3

Great tactic from Pochettino to play Wanyama in the first half to nullify Fulham then bring Cork on in the 2nd to ramp things up.

And a week of relatively troll free forum ahead.

What's not to like?

Onwards and upwards... Top 6 here we come...

Cracking game, what a team performance second half!

Superb play by our England internationals, and future England internationals, our Portuguese, Japanese and Polish internationals and, yes, our Northern Irish international.

Our Kenyan international had a bit of a mare.

And who knows? I still think 'second half' Morgan should be an international, just a bugger he is French!

I don't know what MP said to them at HT, but second half was annihilation. Cork coming on helped.

Lambert in particular turned his performance around second half, too. Sat deeper and took up space between their defence and midfield which allowed him to receive the ball to feet and spray it about as opposed to constantly losing aerial battles with Hangeland.

His ball to J Rod for the third was quality.

Excellent result in the end after a dire first half where a couple of great saves from Boruc kept us from going behind. Could have been a very different story if he hadn't. The turning point IMO was bringing on Cork for Wanyama at HT. What a difference that made to our shape and effectiveness in midfield. VW is going to have to work very hard to earn back his place in the side.

Maya had a great game at the back, although Fulham didn't really have much about them to seriously trouble him. I was very worried when we lost Lovren to injury but he and Fonte appear to have things under control at the moment.

3 very well taken goals with J-Rod's the pick of the bunch, but good to see all our English players combining, especially with Hodgson watching in the stands.

All in all, a very happy Bexy right now, considering how it was looking at HT.