Will any of you be tracking / keeping an eye on Osvaldo ?

Saints boy in Leeds

Don't think he'll play a great deal for them, he's not exactly at their level or good enough to oust Tevez or Llorente or even Vuckovic. He'll need to hope they get injured if he's to have a chance to do anything. Thats why I think he'll be back here in the summer and we'll still be flogging him round at a cut price.

I bet he's as stunned as us at how he's ended up at a club like Juve for being a moron. Maybe we should all punch our work colleagues in the hope of a promotion.

I suspect he'll just play in the Europa League for them and grab minutes in the league wherever he can. Whether or not that is enough to secure a place in Italy's World Cup squad I couldn't give a ****. I've resigned myself that the club will take a loss on him. Thankfully even if it was a £5m loss it hopefully won't be too much in the grand scheme of things with the Premier League TV deal income. The main thing is that when he does leave in the summer we don't contribute towards his wages as that kills us with FFP rules.

I won't bother watching him, but will take interest in his performance & game time. It is vital to us for a decent resale value that he does well. Not only for the rest of the season, but also for Italy in the World Cup.

Hopefully we can get most if not all our money back on him, then we can move on and forget him.

I won't bother watching him, but will take interest in his performance & game time. It is vital to us for a decent resale value that he does well. Not only for the rest of the season, but also for Italy in the World Cup.

Hopefully we can get most if not all our money back on him, then we can move on and forget him.

Agreed, such a shame though as he could of been good for us.

Still technically our player so will be keeping an eye, after Puncheon's rehabilitation a few years ago nothing would surprise me regarding what happens next with him, especially if he plays to type and falls out with the powers-that-be in Turin.

Say what you like about Osvaldo's time here, but the fact that he's been starting for the Italian national team and has been signed by the Serie A Champions who feel he can add something to a strikeforce already comprised of Tevez, Llorente, Giovinco and Vucinic should tell you something about how his ability is perceived abroad.

I've got Juve in an accumulator so currently watching their game; bloody hell how good is Pogba? He literally has it all.

Say what you like about Osvaldo's time here, but the fact that he's been starting for the Italian national team and has been signed by the Serie A Champions who feel he can add something to a strikeforce already comprised of Tevez, Llorente, Giovinco and Vucinic should tell you something about how his ability is perceived abroad.

I've got Juve in an accumulator so currently watching their game; bloody hell how good is Pogba? He literally has it all.

I see Osvaldo came on in the 66th minute when Juve were 2-1 up, did he do anything? Couldn't see anything from the stats other than a foul!

By abroad, you mean Italy basically?

Cant be bothered. He is not playing for us and looks very likely that he will not return. Move on.

Disagree ...... Juve hold all the Aces. They have taken a "Bad Boy" from us ON LOAN only

Come the end of the season, they will "decline" the option of actually BUYING him

Then he's "ours" again

if it came to it and the club wanted shot they could just sack his for gross misconduct and no pay off.

50k a week saved and 15 mil down the pan though.

when does that EVER happen?

of, they could loan him out and recoup several millions of ££££ at the end of the season?

Don't think he'll play a great deal for them, he's not exactly at their level or good enough to oust Tevez or Llorente or even Vuckovic. He'll need to hope they get injured if he's to have a chance to do anything. Thats why I think he'll be back here in the summer and we'll still be flogging him round at a cut price.

I bet he's as stunned as us at how he's ended up at a club like Juve for being a moron. Maybe we should all punch our work colleagues in the hope of a promotion.

This.

when does that EVER happen?

of, they could loan him out and recoup several millions of ££££ at the end of the season?

Mutu is the only one I can think of. Arguably we'd have a stronger case than Chelsea because Osvaldo's transgression actually directly related to the club. But in reality, despite all the court rulings, they're still no closer to recouping the transfer fee, and probably never will. So as you say, it makes far more financial sense to loan him out to save the wages and then sell him on in summer to get as much of the transfer fee back as possible. And who knows? As someone else said, if Puncheon can rehabilitate there's a chance, however small, that Osvaldo could too. If it were at all possible, I'd rather have him here, scoring goals and not being mental, than somewhere else.

Mutu is the only one I can think of. Arguably we'd have a stronger case than Chelsea because Osvaldo's transgression actually directly related to the club. But in reality, despite all the court rulings, they're still no closer to recouping the transfer fee, and probably never will. So as you say, it makes far more financial sense to loan him out to save the wages and then sell him on in summer to get as much of the transfer fee back as possible. And who knows? As someone else said, if Puncheon can rehabilitate there's a chance, however small, that Osvaldo could too. If it were at all possible, I'd rather have him here, scoring goals and not being mental, than somewhere else.

Even worse, I think Chelsea tried to sue him for his transfer fee too. Though I'm not sure if they were successful? Could be wrong on this mind.

I disagree though. Mutu got a lengthy ban from the game. What Osvaldo did was stupid, but it's fairly common. I heard mertersacker was involved in some at Arsenal very recently for example.

Think you'd be harder pushed to make as strong a case to dismiss Ossie, just my opinion of course.

I see Osvaldo came on in the 66th minute when Juve were 2-1 up, did he do anything? Couldn't see anything from the stats other than a foul!

By abroad, you mean Italy basically?

He held it up well and came close to scoring, whilst generally looking impressive as he did in short bursts at Saints. He's a better player than Lambert and its a great shame that he's a complete headcase. I'm frankly gutted that it didn't work out because there is very clearly a decent player there who had a great deal of potential and anyone pretending that he's anything else is burying their head in the sand with a serious case of sour grapes.

Having said all that, we obviously need to sell him at the end of the season as of course, we can't possibly welcome him back after the fiasco he's caused. I hope he does as well as possible there so that we can get back most of the money we spent on him.

The goal Juventus conceded was pretty unfortunate, but primarily down to an injury to Chiellini which would hit any team with him in it very hard indeed.

juve in your accy

oops

Standard. Stay classy fella.

Amazing how different papers interpret things. That article makes it sound like Fonte is suggesting he may come back at the end of the season and be welcomed, but this article;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-news-jose-fonte-refused-3128468

"Fonte refuses Osvaldo apology" :lol:

Amazing how different papers interpret things. That article makes it sound like Fonte is suggesting he may come back at the end of the season and be welcomed, but this article;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/southampton-news-jose-fonte-refused-3128468

"Fonte refuses Osvaldo apology" :lol:

I'm not sure how you read that into the DM article...

The article wrote:

He was immediately suspended by Southampton and, with the deal to Juventus including the option of a permanent transfer in the summer, is unlikely to ever play for them again.

And the quotes attributed to Fonte:

'Osvaldo left for a reason, and it was for the best for the team and the club. We move on, I've moved on and he has surely moved on as well, so everything is all right.'

'Mauricio knows what happened and decided that it would be best for group for him to move on.'

Sounds pretty final to me.

• 2 weeks later...