Rank our players in order of importance

norwaysaint

For a bit of pointless fun, how would you rank our current squad of players in terms of how important they are to the team. Kind of inspired by the realization of how much we'll miss JRod and also some comments about Shaw not being that big a loss because he's only a left back.

so taking our current list of squad players, who's most important, at number one and down?

Based on who we miss most, who's good / bad form effects us most and how easy to replace...

1) Lallana

2) Schneiderlin

3) Lambert

4) JayRod

5) Lovren

6) Shaw

7) Wanyama

8) Davis

9) Cork

10) Fonte

11) Boruc

Hard to include Clyne when Chambers so close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Based on our current squad replacements

1) Lallana

2) Lambert

3) Boric

4) Schneiderlin

5) J Rod

6) Louvren

Whilst the rest are all good players, they also have decent replacements, but whenever any of those 6 are out we seem to struggle (and if more than one of them are out we really struggle)

Based on who we miss most, who's good / bad form effects us most and how easy to replace...

1) Lallana

2) Schneiderlin

3) Lambert

4) JayRod

5) Lovren

6) Shaw

7) Wanyama

8) Davis

9) Cork

10) Fonte

11) Boruc

Hard to include Clyne when Chambers so close.

Boruc should be in the top 3.

Jrod should be either 1st or 2nd. Our attacks are one dimensional and easy to defend against with out him. No one else will get behind the opposition defence. Some of you on here really underestimate Jrod's importance to the team

This

Thats a worrying stat Bear!!

Better have 8 pints of Doom Bar before Saturdays game as an anaesthetic.

oh i dunno if I'd go as far as calling it a stat cos i actually made it up. It might be true tho! I spose it is as MLG hasn't come on here telling me otherwise!

Amusing that not one of you has included Gashy.

Except me, ironically. Speaks volumes.

What speaks volumes is you've highlighted your little 'joke', just in case anyone has missed it, although I think most were just ignoring it's churlishness.

I feel embarrassed that I've even reacted to your pettiness.

What speaks volumes is you've highlighted your little 'joke', just in case anyone has missed it, although I think most were just ignoring it's churlishness.

I feel embarrassed that I've even reacted to your pettiness.

Au contraire, I wasnt attempting to highlight my joke.

Quoting oneself is pathetic attention-seeking. And I did not do that.

I was genuinely pointing out that not one of the clappies who bang on about how fantastic he is actually view his contribution as being of any importance.

Thats patently hillarious.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I might have missed something, but who exactly are you guys all planning to replace Shaw with? We simply don't have anyone else who could do the LB job to anything like Prem level (I include Yoshida and Clyne in this). Based on how their loss would affect our current squad, or to put it another way the first names I go to look for when the match team sheets come out, I would go with:

1. Lallana

2. Lovren

3. Boruc

4. Shaw

5. J Rod

6. Schneiderlin

7. Lambert

Everyone else kinda has a direct replacement but the 7 I've mentioned are very difficult to replace with our current squad.

I might have missed something, but who exactly are you guys all planning to replace Shaw with? We simply don't have anyone else who could do the LB job to anything like Prem level (I include Yoshida and Clyne in this). Based on how their loss would affect our current squad, or to put it another way the first names I go to look for when the match team sheets come out, I would go with:

1. Lallana

2. Lovren

3. Boruc

4. Shaw

5. J Rod

6. Schneiderlin

7. Lambert

Everyone else kinda has a direct replacement but the 7 I've mentioned are very difficult to replace with our current squad.

100% agree.

Coz you is correct.:)

For a bit of pointless fun, how would you rank our current squad of players in terms of how important they are to the team.

As our squad / team stands this season, on how important they are to the team... (injuries aside)

1. Boruc

2. Schneiderlin

3. Lallana

4. Lovren

5. Cork / Wanyama

6. Lambert

7. J-Rod

8. Shaw

9. Fonte

10. Chambers / Clyne

11. Davis

12. Ward-Prowse

13. Ramirez

14. Yoshida

15. Hooiveld

16. Davies

17. Gallagher

18. Guly / Reed / Isgrove

100. Gazza.

Definitely harder than expected to rank them!

You are only as strong as you weakest link so I will go with

Fonte

I'd like to agree with that but I'd say Lovren instead.

You need a toughie at CB, and although I agree Fonte has had many outstanding games...when he's good, he's very good, but on bad days - he can be b-...awful. IMO Lovren would be more difficult to replace.

1. Lallana

2. Lovren

3. Boruc

4. Shaw

5. J Rod

6. Schneiderlin

7. Lambert

I based it on if they are sold rather than out with a long term injury/end career, I hope that's fills the missing something.

So if Shaw leaves, do you think the shed load of money received would give Saints a reasonable chance to get a suitable replacement?

At the end of the day any changes to the squad will impact the squad as a whole, not just the skills they have but the togetherness and trust etc the squad has developed over the seasons.